CSNbbs
New OC and DC leaked via billboard? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: New OC and DC leaked via billboard? (/thread-914713.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

New OC and DC leaked via billboard? - crex043 - 01-14-2021 10:31 AM

These billboards went up around the city overnight - featuring Fickell, Scruggs, and Guidugli. Are these the new OC and DC?

RE: New OC and DC leaked via billboard? - geef - 01-14-2021 10:36 AM

Gino could be. Scruggs is likely not ready. Interesting timing, but my guess is that they're on the billboard because they're both local guys. That would match the messaging.

EDIT: See that this was addressed in another thread.

RE: New OC and DC leaked via billboard? - rath v2.0 - 01-14-2021 10:48 AM

Likely just a marketing piece to head off the narrative with Freeman and Enos gone, Denbrock possibly gone, and guys like Eliano and Crook popping up in speculation elsewhere.

Gino would get the OC job. Scruggs wouldn’t unless a lot of the options ahead of him didn’t work out.

RE: New OC and DC leaked via billboard? - geef - 01-14-2021 10:51 AM

(01-14-2021 10:48 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Likely just a marketing piece to head off the narrative with Freeman and Enos gone, Denbrock possibly gone, and guys like Eliano and Crook popping up in speculation elsewhere.

Gino would get the OC job. Scruggs wouldn’t unless a lot of the options ahead of him didn’t work out.

If this was indeed a preemptive marketing piece, I'd be thrilled. We've been, let's say underwhelming in that realm for as long as I can remember. The past year has seen a positive trend, however.....

RE: New OC and DC leaked via billboard? - rath v2.0 - 01-14-2021 10:58 AM

Yep. This is going on while they are selling season ticket packages and re-upping people for 2021. Funny thing is many fans probably don’t know who the two guys on either side of CLF are. .

RE: New OC and DC leaked via billboard? - natibeast21 - 01-14-2021 11:09 AM

That billboard is unreal!

@Rath..Scruggs played at St. X. People that know football in this city know who he is, but maybe not by facial recognition these days.

RE: New OC and DC leaked via billboard? - rath v2.0 - 01-14-2021 11:26 AM

That’s what I mean. Most UC fans don’t even recognize Gino now that he’s pushing 40

RE: New OC and DC leaked via billboard? - Billy_Bearcat - 01-14-2021 11:33 AM

(01-14-2021 11:26 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  That’s what I mean. Most UC fans don’t even recognize Gino now that he’s pushing 40

That’s Gino!? I would’ve wagered that was our very own Rath.

RE: New OC and DC leaked via billboard? - rath v2.0 - 01-14-2021 11:38 AM

I have more hair..partially because my idiot governor still has this state shut down and it takes an act of congress to get your hair cut up here.

RE: New OC and DC leaked via billboard? - BrooklynRocket - 01-14-2021 11:55 AM

They did Gino really dirty with that picture.

Scruggs doesn't look a whole lot better considering half his face is covered by shadow.

Should've just put Ridder and Sauce on each side of Fickell.

RE: New OC and DC leaked via billboard? - rath v2.0 - 01-14-2021 11:59 AM

I thought all three of the photos were not great. It’s a bit of a strange piece created in-house.

RE: New OC and DC leaked via billboard? - dsquare - 01-14-2021 12:02 PM

Gino is starting to resemble a country western star, aka Buck Owens.

RE: New OC and DC leaked via billboard? - BearcatMan - 01-14-2021 12:04 PM

On the plus side, at least this identifies that our most prolific offensive and defensive recruiters still on staff ARE still on staff 03-lmfao.

I think both of them will be here for a few years at least, more if Gino ends up the OC.

RE: New OC and DC leaked via billboard? - Cat-Man - 01-14-2021 12:36 PM

If Gino does indeed becomes the OC, I guess Gino will also become the de facto "head coach in waiting" now that Freeman is gone.

RE: New OC and DC leaked via billboard? - Captain Bearcat - 01-14-2021 12:42 PM

Horrible billboard.

I showed it to my wife and she had no idea it was supposed to be about UC football.

No C-Paw, no "UC," nothing to associate it with UC unless you recognize the faces. Not even a football to help you draw the connection.

edit: I guess there's a C-Paw on their clothes, but it's really small. Too small for most people to notice.

RE: New OC and DC leaked via billboard? - JPBearcat3 - 01-14-2021 12:49 PM

(01-14-2021 12:42 PM)Captain Bearcat Wrote:  Horrible billboard.

I showed it to my wife and she had no idea it was supposed to be about UC football.

No C-Paw, no "UC," nothing to associate it with UC unless you recognize the faces. Not even a football to help you draw the connection.

edit: I guess there's a C-Paw on their clothes, but it's really small. Too small for most people to notice.

Absolutely no offense intended with my response here, but I don't think your wife is the target audience of this billboard.

The goal doesn't appear to be ticket sales or donations --- it looks like they're throwing a bone to those that pay attention to UC enough by letting them know the momentum isn't going anywhere because Fickell is still here.

The intended audience is likely us here on this board, local families with high school athletes, and the diehards on social media (knowing it would get posted). Keep those folks happy here in the short term and then they'll do an all-out assault on marketing to sell out Nippert later this spring/summer.

Honestly, I'm impressed the AD scrambled quick enough to get a billboard out there. They're at least trying.

RE: New OC and DC leaked via billboard? - dsquare - 01-14-2021 12:50 PM

If after 5 years here you do not recognize Luke Fickell's face you probably have zero interest in football, or have been in a cave.

RE: New OC and DC leaked via billboard? - CliftonAve - 01-14-2021 12:52 PM

(01-14-2021 12:49 PM)JPBearcat3 Wrote:  

Absolutely no offense intended with my response here, but I don't think your wife is the target audience of this billboard.

The goal doesn't appear to be ticket sales or donations --- it looks like they're throwing a bone to those that pay attention to UC enough by letting them know the momentum isn't going anywhere because Fickell is still here.

The intended audience is likely us here on this board, local families with high school athletes, and the diehards on social media (knowing it would get posted). Keep those folks happy here in the short term and then they'll do an all-out assault on marketing to sell out Nippert later this spring/summer.

Honestly, I'm impressed the AD scrambled quick enough to get a billboard out there. They're at least trying.

This. I have already seen a couple high school football programs respond to this billboard on their twitter accounts.

"It shows we're still rolling. Obviously, we don't have Free (Marcus Freeman), but nothing's changing. ... At the end of the day, there's still a captain that's running this ship, and that's Coach Fickell." - Cincinnati Bearcats Director of Recruiting Chad Bowden told
@ENQSports

RE: New OC and DC leaked via billboard? - Captain Bearcat - 01-14-2021 01:01 PM

(01-14-2021 12:49 PM)JPBearcat3 Wrote:  

That's an extremely narrow audience. Why pay for several billboards that 2 million people will see if less than 50,000 people will understand it?

What would be the harm of putting a giant C-paw on the side of the billboard to at least let average people know who put the billboard up?

RE: New OC and DC leaked via billboard? - Captain Bearcat - 01-14-2021 01:05 PM

(01-14-2021 12:50 PM)dsquare Wrote:  If after 5 years here you do not recognize Luke Fickell's face you probably have zero interest in football, or have been in a cave.

Die-hard fans like us are an extreme minority.

I'm a casual Reds fan. Attend 2-3 games a year. But outside of Joey Votto, there's not a single employee of the organization whose face I'd recognize if they're not wearing a uniform.