CSNbbs
UPDATE: Rich Rodriguez named OC at ULM - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: UPDATE: Rich Rodriguez named OC at ULM (/thread-914610.html)

Pages: 1 2

UPDATE: Rich Rodriguez named OC at ULM - CardinalBlackTrojan - 01-12-2021 07:26 PM

Looks like it's official. Rich Rod named OC and Associate Head Coach at ULM.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/rich-rodriguez-hired-as-louisiana-monroe-oc-son-rhett-rodriguez-joins-as-quarterback-transfer/amp/

I'm impressed ULM. I have to imagine you guys are shelling out the most money you've ever paid for coaches.

RE: UPDATE: Rich Rodriguez named OC at ULM - Usajags - 01-12-2021 07:35 PM

Will be interesting when those contract number comes out, but it wouldn’t surprise me if Bowden and RichRod aren’t paid very high. Both those guys have peaked, and made the money. Bowden I think is looking for a AD spot, and this may be RichRod’s last opportunity at being a HC, if he becomes the heir to Bowden when he takes over at AD.

RE: UPDATE: Rich Rodriguez named OC at ULM - Arrowhead - 01-12-2021 07:46 PM

Terry Bowden on hiring of Rich Rod: “ULM has made a statement with Rodriguez that this losing stuff is about to come to an end. We came here to win and that’s what we intend to do.”

RE: UPDATE: Rich Rodriguez named OC at ULM - Arrowhead - 01-12-2021 07:47 PM

(01-12-2021 07:35 PM)Usajags Wrote:  Will be interesting when those contract number comes out, but it wouldn’t surprise me if Bowden and RichRod aren’t paid very high. Both those guys have peaked, and made the money. Bowden I think is looking for a AD spot, and this may be RichRod’s last opportunity at being a HC, if he becomes the heir to Bowden when he takes over at AD.

I’d be good with Bowden as AD and Rich Rod HC. We are stoked in Monroe. Old fans and donors coming back in the fold and people are upping donations.

RE: UPDATE: Rich Rodriguez named OC at ULM - CardinalBlackTrojan - 01-12-2021 08:11 PM

(01-12-2021 07:47 PM)Arrowhead Wrote:  
(01-12-2021 07:35 PM)Usajags Wrote:  Will be interesting when those contract number comes out, but it wouldn’t surprise me if Bowden and RichRod aren’t paid very high. Both those guys have peaked, and made the money. Bowden I think is looking for a AD spot, and this may be RichRod’s last opportunity at being a HC, if he becomes the heir to Bowden when he takes over at AD.

I’d be good with Bowden as AD and Rich Rod HC. We are stoked in Monroe. Old fans and donors coming back in the fold and people are upping donations.

I would be too.

Certainly Rich Rodriguez could be a HC at a G5 program somewhere?? I believe he's still a good HC. But he chose OC at ULM? That's quite a statement.

RE: UPDATE: Rich Rodriguez named OC at ULM - Troy_Fan_15 - 01-12-2021 08:13 PM

(01-12-2021 08:11 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  
(01-12-2021 07:47 PM)Arrowhead Wrote:  

I would be too.

Certainly Rich Rodriguez could be a HC at a G5 program somewhere?? I believe he's still a good HC. But he chose OC at ULM? That's quite a statement.

ULM out here making big boy moves.

RE: UPDATE: Rich Rodriguez named OC at ULM - SkullyMaroo - 01-12-2021 08:28 PM

It will be interesting to see how the SBC West shakes out over the next few years with all the coaching changes this year.

RE: UPDATE: Rich Rodriguez named OC at ULM - THUNDERStruck73 - 01-12-2021 09:10 PM

How in the blue f#*# can ULM afford both Bowden and Rod?

RE: UPDATE: Rich Rodriguez named OC at ULM - Usajags - 01-12-2021 09:15 PM

They are coaching pro bono.

RE: UPDATE: Rich Rodriguez named OC at ULM - Arrowhead - 01-12-2021 09:31 PM

I can give a crap as long as they are here. Rest of staff all come from winning programs and are very impressive as well. Nice mix of experience and young guys that are future stars. We are getting serious.

RE: UPDATE: Rich Rodriguez named OC at ULM - InjunJohn86 - 01-12-2021 09:40 PM

(01-12-2021 09:10 PM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  How in the blue f#*# can ULM afford both Bowden and Rod?
Would just have to pay attention to his interviews about taking the job. He still has a love of coaching but knows this will be his last gig. He went to Clemson to watch how Dabo does it and earned a Masters Degree while Akron continued to pay him, hence his "unpaid GA" position. I don't know what his contract is for but may not be too much more than Viator. As for RichRod, he still has another year of pay coming from Ole Miss. He was paid $900K to sit on his butt last year and I would assume that whatever we are paying him will come from that total this year. Regardless of the contract, he will earn $900K this year. Plus, he was looking for a place for his son and this is a chance for him to coach his son for 2 years.

As to the rest of the staff, there is a nice mixture of a few veterans and a lot of GAs, mostly pulled from Clemson. These are guys that Bowden has worked with at Clemson so he knows the ones that he picked have the mind set and work ethic he wants for his coaching staff. He knows these guys are looking for that first gig and knows they are going to be moving on. As he stated in an interview, "I want to hire the guys we can't afford in 5 years". There is a huge difference in hiring a GA from a 7 win FCS school and hiring GAs from Clemson.

RE: UPDATE: Rich Rodriguez named OC at ULM - SkullyMaroo - 01-12-2021 10:07 PM

(01-12-2021 09:10 PM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  How in the blue f#*# can ULM afford both Bowden and Rod?

Not answering your question, but isn’t it funny that ULM gets more CFP money than every team in CUSA? The SBC will likely finish as the second rated G5 conference this year. CUSA will finish last. With the SBC splitting our money less ways, our per school payout will be about double what each CUSA team earns (based on some educated guesses when looking at past payouts).

RE: UPDATE: Rich Rodriguez named OC at ULM - debragga - 01-12-2021 11:17 PM

(01-12-2021 10:07 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  

Not answering your question, but isn’t it funny that ULM gets more CFP money than every team in CUSA? The SBC will likely finish as the second rated G5 conference this year. CUSA will finish last. With the SBC splitting our money less ways, our per school payout will be about double what each CUSA team earns (based on some educated guesses when looking at past payouts).

Oh boy it's this discussion again

RE: UPDATE: Rich Rodriguez named OC at ULM - Troy_Fan_15 - 01-12-2021 11:51 PM

Funny how life goes. Rich Rod was getting ready to go to Alabama until WV matched their salary. Now he is offense coordinator at ULM. Hoping it works out. I want to see ULM win the West in 2 years.

RE: UPDATE: Rich Rodriguez named OC at ULM - SkullyMaroo - 01-12-2021 11:56 PM

(01-12-2021 11:51 PM)Troy_Fan_15 Wrote:  Funny how life goes. Rich Rod was getting ready to go to Alabama until WV matched their salary. Now he is offense coordinator at ULM. Hoping it works out. I want to see ULM win the West in 2 years.

I don’t. I want to see USA win it. 03-drunk

RE: UPDATE: Rich Rodriguez named OC at ULM - Troy_Fan_15 - 01-13-2021 12:11 AM

(01-12-2021 11:56 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  
(01-12-2021 11:51 PM)Troy_Fan_15 Wrote:  Funny how life goes. Rich Rod was getting ready to go to Alabama until WV matched their salary. Now he is offense coordinator at ULM. Hoping it works out. I want to see ULM win the West in 2 years.

I don’t. I want to see USA win it. 03-drunk

I’d hate for you lot to lose to Troy twice in a season. Don’t know if y’all could handle it 04-chairshot

RE: UPDATE: Rich Rodriguez named OC at ULM - SouthernMiss3613 - 01-13-2021 09:42 AM

(01-12-2021 09:40 PM)InjunJohn86 Wrote:  
Would just have to pay attention to his interviews about taking the job. He still has a love of coaching but knows this will be his last gig. He went to Clemson to watch how Dabo does it and earned a Masters Degree while Akron continued to pay him, hence his "unpaid GA" position. I don't know what his contract is for but may not be too much more than Viator. As for RichRod, he still has another year of pay coming from Ole Miss. He was paid $900K to sit on his butt last year and I would assume that whatever we are paying him will come from that total this year. Regardless of the contract, he will earn $900K this year. Plus, he was looking for a place for his son and this is a chance for him to coach his son for 2 years.

As to the rest of the staff, there is a nice mixture of a few veterans and a lot of GAs, mostly pulled from Clemson. These are guys that Bowden has worked with at Clemson so he knows the ones that he picked have the mind set and work ethic he wants for his coaching staff. He knows these guys are looking for that first gig and knows they are going to be moving on. As he stated in an interview, "I want to hire the guys we can't afford in 5 years". There is a huge difference in hiring a GA from a 7 win FCS school and hiring GAs from Clemson.

Y'all don't want his son. He isn't very good and you know his dad would start him. Y'all should go after John Rhys Plumlee. He has already played in this offense.

RE: UPDATE: Rich Rodriguez named OC at ULM - CardinalBlackTrojan - 01-13-2021 10:53 AM

(01-13-2021 09:42 AM)SouthernMiss3613 Wrote:  
(01-12-2021 09:40 PM)InjunJohn86 Wrote:  

Y'all don't want his son. He isn't very good and you know his dad would start him. Y'all should go after John Rhys Plumlee. He has already played in this offense.

Have you seen ULM's other QB's? Their starter this season had 8 TD, 7 INT's, and a 61% completion percentage. Not good.

The backup QB had 6 TD's, 4 INT's, and a 54% completion percentage.

The QB room can't get much worse. I agree that it wouldn't hurt to grab a transfer QB out of the portal, at least to add competition to the QB battle.

RE: UPDATE: Rich Rodriguez named OC at ULM - stingingeagle - 01-13-2021 03:35 PM

It helps that Rodriguez is still getting buyout from Ole miss. $900,000. Not sure how much longer that buyout is for though

RE: UPDATE: Rich Rodriguez named OC at ULM - Pounce FTW - 01-13-2021 07:48 PM

This is cool.