CSNbbs
Changes in Athletic Department - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: William & Mary (/forum-691.html)
+----- Thread: Changes in Athletic Department (/thread-914326.html)

Changes in Athletic Department - Lax Dad - 01-08-2021 01:52 PM

I see that Aimee Clark is no longer listed as working at the college. Anyone know what happened? Her title was Coordinator of Athletics Strategies and Engagement/Chief of Staff

RE: Changes in Athletic Department - soccerguy315 - 01-09-2021 11:16 AM

hrm. Do you know how long she was there?

Perhaps a sign that her strategies are not the current strategies?

RE: Changes in Athletic Department - jonaerose - 01-09-2021 11:22 AM

(01-09-2021 11:16 AM)soccerguy315 Wrote:  hrm. Do you know how long she was there?

Perhaps a sign that her strategies are not the current strategies?

Looks like she was brought on just last July
https://tribeathletics.com/staff-directory/aimee-clark/328

RE: Changes in Athletic Department - WMSportsBlog - 01-09-2021 11:52 AM

Have there been other structural changes? Have to assume there have been.

RE: Changes in Athletic Department - Lax Dad - 01-11-2021 02:29 PM

(01-09-2021 11:52 AM)WMSportsBlog Wrote:  Have there been other structural changes? Have to assume there have been.

I imagine that there are other changes that have occurred and they have kept them quiet.

RE: Changes in Athletic Department - Blow Gym rat - 01-11-2021 03:04 PM

(01-11-2021 02:29 PM)Lax Dad Wrote:  
(01-09-2021 11:52 AM)WMSportsBlog Wrote:  Have there been other structural changes? Have to assume there have been.

I imagine that there are other changes that have occurred and they have kept them quiet.

I would tend to think the opposite, for the most part. Yes, there will be some ordinary comings and goings of staff -- any who were closely tied to Ms. Huge may be most likely to leave. (I'm not saying that was or wasn't the case for Ms. Clark -- I have no idea). But I think any significant structural changes will wait until the new A.D. has been appointed and settled in, unless a decision has been made to make our "interim" A.D. permanent.

RE: Changes in Athletic Department - Tribe32 - 01-11-2021 03:43 PM

Martin is serving in an interim capacity and is responsible for all day to day responsibilities. It appears that he is also making key strategic decisions (reinstating the sports). I know he is keeping an eye on the budget and defecit. What I don't think he will do is make key strategic hires for positions that don't exist. I would expect that those would be with the new AD or Martin if he's named as the permanent AD.

RE: Changes in Athletic Department - LeadBolt - 01-11-2021 04:37 PM

(01-11-2021 02:29 PM)Lax Dad Wrote:  

As much confidence as President Rowe seems to exhibit in Martin, I would guess that you are correct.

I would think that restructuring of responsibilities and cost cutting, given the deficit would be the priority over hiring.