CSNbbs
Billy Napier didn't take Auburn or South Carolina job - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Billy Napier didn't take Auburn or South Carolina job (/thread-914172.html)

Billy Napier didn't take Auburn or South Carolina job - SlickRick12 - 01-05-2021 07:29 PM

A little look into a the guy running "The Journey" otherwise known as the cULture.

I've been telling anyone who will listen, Billy is a different cat. Coach Chill.

https://247sports.com/Article/Why-Billy-Napier-didnt-take-Auburn-or-South-Carolina-job-158565851/

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

RE: Billy Napier didn't take Auburn or South Carolina job - MOTIAW - 01-05-2021 07:32 PM

Also turned down Head of NASA, POTUS, and Concertmaster of the Vienna Philharmonic.

RE: Billy Napier didn't take Auburn or South Carolina job - Saint3333 - 01-05-2021 07:45 PM

This is why you don’t have friends.

RE: Billy Napier didn't take Auburn or South Carolina job - MOTIAW - 01-05-2021 07:48 PM

(01-05-2021 07:45 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  This is why you don’t have friends.

03-cloud9

But I have you. It’s enough.

RE: Billy Napier didn't take Auburn or South Carolina job - Cajuncat - 01-05-2021 07:48 PM

Also turned down a threesome with Margot Robbie and Scarlett Johansson.

RE: Billy Napier didn't take Auburn or South Carolina job - stingingeagle - 01-05-2021 07:58 PM

I don't see the point of continuing this thread after MOTIAW's comments. Probably won the internet for today

RE: Billy Napier didn't take Auburn or South Carolina job - TroyTBoy - 01-06-2021 01:59 AM

The grass is not always greener... even when its greener...

RE: Billy Napier didn't take Auburn or South Carolina job - NCeagle - 01-06-2021 08:07 AM

I turned down the Atlanta Falcons HC job yesterday.

RE: Billy Napier didn't take Auburn or South Carolina job - Pike51 - 01-06-2021 10:29 AM

You'd have to think... Auburn and SC have some pretty high expectations. So unless he goes there and immediately makes either team an immediate contender for the SEC title and national championship, he won't make it past 3/4 years. Sure, he'd get paid but follow that with getting fired and maybe that's just not what he's looking for. Maybe he'd rather stay where he is and continue the journey and if he looks to move on, he does it like Willie Fritz... get more money at Tulane where the expectations aren't as high.

RE: Billy Napier didn't take Auburn or South Carolina job - CajunAmos - 01-06-2021 02:22 PM

It's not difficult to see you don't have to turn down the job to turn down the job. As a coach selected for the interview process, you listen to what they are proposing during the interview process, decide if the opportunity is/isn't what you're looking for, and if not you let them know that you'd like to be removed from consideration. An offer is never made or turned down. Coach has rightfully not made a comment on the process other than to say any opportunities that might come up are based on the success of the coaches and athletes that he's been working with. The school doing the interviewing can honestly say he was never offered and doesn't lose "face" by being turned down.

It's also foolish to say there was never an interest when he was one of the 3-4 people who you chose to interview.

RE: Billy Napier didn't take Auburn or South Carolina job - JCGSU - 01-07-2021 03:02 PM

(01-05-2021 07:29 PM)SlickRick12 Wrote:  A little look into a the guy running "The Journey" otherwise known as the cULture.

I've been telling anyone who will listen, Billy is a different cat. Coach Chill.

https://247sports.com/Article/Why-Billy-Napier-didnt-take-Auburn-or-South-Carolina-job-158565851/

LOL nobody turns down millions. Shades of the Satterfield threads. 03-lmfao

RE: Billy Napier didn't take Auburn or South Carolina job - CajunAmos - 01-07-2021 04:13 PM

(01-07-2021 03:02 PM)JCGSU Wrote:  
(01-05-2021 07:29 PM)SlickRick12 Wrote:  A little look into a the guy running "The Journey" otherwise known as the cULture.

LOL nobody turns down millions. Shades of the Satterfield threads. 03-lmfao

Again, this doesn't say he turned down the job. It just says he interviewed and told them he wasn't interested based on the information he was given. Never offered, never turned down. You can reject the job without turning down the money.

RE: Billy Napier didn't take Auburn or South Carolina job - Oldyeller - 01-07-2021 07:02 PM

When your staff gets life changing pay raises the decision to not take the offer can sow some malcontent particularly if you lay an egg the year after. Hope the reasons were agreeable to the staff. The odds of an egg can increase for a host of reasons that are out of your control. This kind of confidence is admirable but risky as haities particularly in the Sun Belt. The top half of the conference thinks they can win the conference next year for good reason.

RE: Billy Napier didn't take Auburn or South Carolina job - Saint3333 - 01-07-2021 08:19 PM

GS still bitter Tulane not a P5 stole their coach it seems.

RE: Billy Napier didn't take Auburn or South Carolina job - SlickRick12 - 01-07-2021 11:59 PM

(01-07-2021 08:19 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  GS still bitter Tulane not a P5 stole their coach it seems.
Yeah, 2 bitter eagles after all this time.