CSNbbs
Kent State @ Toledo - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - East Team Talk (/forum-463.html)
+----- Forum: Kent State (/forum-474.html)
+----- Thread: Kent State @ Toledo (/thread-914147.html)

Kent State @ Toledo - fallsdog - 01-05-2021 01:11 PM

The Flashes head West to take on the Rockets and good olde Sausage Hall...now called Sausage Arena. Tip off is scheduled for 2PM.

On a personal note, Some of the best HS regional basketball I ever saw was played in that building.

RE: Kent State @ Toledo - dannyb73 - 01-05-2021 03:21 PM

Game is at KSU. Up 5 with 12 min left.

RE: Kent State @ Toledo - ksu315 - 01-05-2021 04:09 PM

thats the best shot we can come up with the game on the line? fadaway 25 footer. terrible

RE: Kent State @ Toledo - anti-zip - 01-05-2021 10:40 PM

If we even pretend to guard Littleton we win that game. Really frustrating second half. Several times it felt like we were about to take control of the game then strung some mistakes together. Seemed like 4 or 5 straight possessions to end the game where we couldn't get a stop.

I guess we can officially forget about Smith ever playing. Jordan wasn't dressed and instead they played lineups with Beck at the 3 rather than giving minutes to Smith.

RE: Kent State @ Toledo - ksu315 - 01-06-2021 08:38 AM

(01-05-2021 10:40 PM)anti-zip Wrote:  If we even pretend to guard Littleton we win that game. Really frustrating second half. Several times it felt like we were about to take control of the game then strung some mistakes together. Seemed like 4 or 5 straight possessions to end the game where we couldn't get a stop.

I guess we can officially forget about Smith ever playing. Jordan wasn't dressed and instead they played lineups with Beck at the 3 rather than giving minutes to Smith.

actually UT scored on its last 6 possessions of the game. Very hard to win tight game like that.

RE: Kent State @ Toledo - JimJoyce - 01-07-2021 10:46 AM

I know this “season” means absolutely nothing and is basically a long series of exhibition games, but if you truly sit back and look at it objectively, it is mind-boggling how perfectly mediocre this mens basketball program has become over the last decade. Incredible.

RE: Kent State @ Toledo - luckyflash - 01-07-2021 12:59 PM

(01-05-2021 10:40 PM)anti-zip Wrote:  If we even pretend to guard Littleton we win that game. Really frustrating second half. Several times it felt like we were about to take control of the game then strung some mistakes together. Seemed like 4 or 5 straight possessions to end the game where we couldn't get a stop.

or Mr Basketball Davis.

RE: Kent State @ Toledo - roundball4me - 01-07-2021 01:16 PM

AMEN.......

RE: Kent State @ Toledo - Albert Flasher - 01-07-2021 01:27 PM

Especially frustrating to watch the freshman from UT (Rollins #5) start, play 33 meaningful minutes, & finish with 13 points. Comparing high school history, Rollins & Davis are comparable. While Davis' box score line is DNP, coaches decision.

Have seen this play out before.

#GoFlashes

RE: Kent State @ Toledo - Muskrat - 01-07-2021 07:03 PM

It IS frustrating. When they signed Davis I have to admit my first thought was "What is wrong with him that Kent State could sign a Mr. Basketball?" and my second thought was "Will he be another Duling?". Mediocre is, sadly, what the men's basketball program has become. If my quick math is correct, with Senderoff they have been averaging slightly fewer than 2 games above .500 in the MAC regular season and so far have finished higher than 3rd in the East only twice. Senderoff has done some great coaching many seasons to keep the program from falling BELOW mediocrity. What I don't know is whether the mostly mediocre seasons and Senderoff being the coach is merely a correlation, or if he is the cause of the mediocrity. I'm not ready to blame Senderoff because there could be circumstances beyond his control. Can we say for certain that it would be better if Waters had stayed around all these years, or Christian, or Ford? I just don't know.

RE: Kent State @ Toledo - burden - 01-08-2021 01:36 PM

Thats part of the problem nobody really knows. Thats why programs with not much of a budget stick with average coaches. They just don’t know and they are scared to death of making the wrong choice and then having to live with it for 4 or 5 years. The womens team went through that. Its ugly.

RE: Kent State @ Toledo - GFlash68 - 01-08-2021 06:26 PM

(01-07-2021 07:03 PM)Muskrat Wrote:  It IS frustrating. When they signed Davis I have to admit my first thought was "What is wrong with him that Kent State could sign a Mr. Basketball?" and my second thought was "Will he be another Duling?". Mediocre is, sadly, what the men's basketball program has become. If my quick math is correct, with Senderoff they have been averaging slightly fewer than 2 games above .500 in the MAC regular season and so far have finished higher than 3rd in the East only twice. Senderoff has done some great coaching many seasons to keep the program from falling BELOW mediocrity. What I don't know is whether the mostly mediocre seasons and Senderoff being the coach is merely a correlation, or if he is the cause of the mediocrity. I'm not ready to blame Senderoff because there could be circumstances beyond his control. Can we say for certain that it would be better if Waters had stayed around all these years, or Christian, or Ford? I just don't know.
What about Akron finding a 6'7" freshman walk-on that contributes big time to their game? How does this happen?

RE: Kent State @ Toledo - anti-zip - 01-08-2021 07:09 PM

(01-08-2021 06:26 PM)GFlash68 Wrote:  
(01-07-2021 07:03 PM)Muskrat Wrote:  It IS frustrating. When they signed Davis I have to admit my first thought was "What is wrong with him that Kent State could sign a Mr. Basketball?" and my second thought was "Will he be another Duling?". Mediocre is, sadly, what the men's basketball program has become. If my quick math is correct, with Senderoff they have been averaging slightly fewer than 2 games above .500 in the MAC regular season and so far have finished higher than 3rd in the East only twice. Senderoff has done some great coaching many seasons to keep the program from falling BELOW mediocrity. What I don't know is whether the mostly mediocre seasons and Senderoff being the coach is merely a correlation, or if he is the cause of the mediocrity. I'm not ready to blame Senderoff because there could be circumstances beyond his control. Can we say for certain that it would be better if Waters had stayed around all these years, or Christian, or Ford? I just don't know.
What about Akron finding a 6'7" freshman walk-on that contributes big time to their game? How does this happen?

Pure luck.