CSNbbs
Keith Gill Screwed Us Again - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Keith Gill Screwed Us Again (/thread-913294.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Keith Gill Screwed Us Again - ManAboutTown - 12-21-2020 08:55 AM

I know we hate Coastal and yes they colluded with the SBC league office to position themselves for a NY6, but for the second year in a row, Keith Gill failed the programs in this league miserably. This year, even more than last.

A total and complete failure of leadership for a month. The idea that you allow your league championship game, with 2 top 16 teams, to be cancelled and not even a hint of fight for rescheduling is jaw-dropping failure.

Keith Gill, by trying to cheat his way into the NY6, actually cost the entire conference a realistic chance to make MILLIONS for each institution. And he did that all while sitting behind his desk and doing NOTHING to promote the accomplishments of the SBC in 2020.

Huge opportunity to shoot ourselves up the G5 latter in terms of perspective and Gill bungled it again. What a waste. How the hell does this conference and the people representing our programs allow this clown to continue in his current role? Something has got to be done.

#FireKeithGill

RE: Keith Gill Screwed Us Again - Big Buds - 12-21-2020 09:00 AM

(12-21-2020 08:55 AM)ManAboutTown Wrote:  I know we hate Coastal and yes they collided with the SBC league office to position themselves for a NY6, but for the second year in a row, Keith Gill failed the programs in this league miserably. This year, even more than last.

A total and complete failure of leadership for a month. The idea that yo allow your league championship game, few using two top 16 teams, to be cancelled and not even a hint of fight for rescheduling is jaw dropping failure.

Keith Gill, by trying to cheat his way into the NY6, actually cost the entire conference a realistic chance to make MILLIONS for each institution. And he did that all while sitting behind his desk and doing NOTHING to promote the accomplishments of the SBC in 2020.

Huge opportunity to shoot ourselves up the G5 latter in terms of perspective and Gill bungled it again. What a waste. How the hell does this conference and the people representing our programs allow this clown to continue in his current role? Something has got to be done.

#FireKeithGill
Spot on, MAT. The only thing that can be done is for enough Presidents to see what truly unfolded last week and to take action. That requires uncomfortable conversations and effort so this type of leadership will continue until enough of the powers that be can’t take it. Gill is our man for the foreseeable future...huge letdown.

RE: Keith Gill Screwed Us Again - GS99-00 - 12-21-2020 09:16 AM

(12-21-2020 09:00 AM)Big Buds Wrote:  
(12-21-2020 08:55 AM)ManAboutTown Wrote:  I know we hate Coastal and yes they collided with the SBC league office to position themselves for a NY6, but for the second year in a row, Keith Gill failed the programs in this league miserably. This year, even more than last.

A total and complete failure of leadership for a month. The idea that yo allow your league championship game, few using two top 16 teams, to be cancelled and not even a hint of fight for rescheduling is jaw dropping failure.

#FireKeithGill
Spot on, MAT. The only thing that can be done is for enough Presidents to see what truly unfolded last week and to take action. That requires uncomfortable conversations and effort so this type of leadership will continue until enough of the powers that be can’t take it. Gill is our man for the foreseeable future...huge letdown.

He blew a perfect opportunity to talk up Coastal & the SBC, both during Game Day & the Coastal-BYU game. Look at how the AAC commissioner was brought up numerous times during the AAC Championship Game. Yet, I bet ESPN/Game Day don't even know who our commissioner is.

RE: Keith Gill Screwed Us Again - KJ Eagle - 12-21-2020 09:31 AM

Although I agree with the sentiment that his silence over the last several weeks has been ridiculous and has hurt the conference, I don't see the cancelling of the game as being the "conference's fault". How does Coastal play the game with an entire D-Line in contact tracing? Do they play without a D-Line? Do they play anyway and tell everyone on both teams "sorry, your health doesn't matter to us as long as we have a chance to make a NY6 bowl"? A chance that as it happens, they wouldn't have gotten anyway since Cincy beat Tulsa and would have stayed ahead of Coastal and therefore received the NY6 bid.

RE: Keith Gill Screwed Us Again - CardinalBlackTrojan - 12-21-2020 09:43 AM

(12-21-2020 09:31 AM)KJ Eagle Wrote:  Although I agree with the sentiment that his silence over the last several weeks has been ridiculous and has hurt the conference, I don't see the cancelling of the game as being the "conference's fault". How does Coastal play the game with an entire D-Line in contact tracing? Do they play without a D-Line? Do they play anyway and tell everyone on both teams "sorry, your health doesn't matter to us as long as we have a chance to make a NY6 bowl"? A chance that as it happens, they wouldn't have gotten anyway since Cincy beat Tulsa and would have stayed ahead of Coastal and therefore received the NY6 bid.

You've also got to look at this possibly...

Had Coastal played and beaten Louisiana in the CCG, it very likely would have moved Coastal up in the CFP Rankings.

Iowa State got a NY6 bid as an at-large team, being ranked #10. If a #12 Coastal beats a #19 Louisiana, I think it's very possible Coastal moves up to at least #10, and gets an at-large bid to a NY6.

RE: Keith Gill Screwed Us Again - Yosef Himself - 12-21-2020 09:47 AM

You think having no press is bad. Had Gill forced teams that have declared they were under quarantine to play; that no press would have turned into toxic negative press in an instant.

RE: Keith Gill Screwed Us Again - EagleNationRising - 12-21-2020 09:54 AM

(12-21-2020 09:47 AM)Yosef Himself Wrote:  You think having no press is bad. Had Gill forced teams that have declared they were under quarantine to play; that no press would have turned into toxic negative press in an instant.

This is factual. In this scenario, the conference’s hands were tied.

RE: Keith Gill Screwed Us Again - Cajun_lannister - 12-21-2020 09:58 AM

(12-21-2020 09:43 AM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  
(12-21-2020 09:31 AM)KJ Eagle Wrote:  Although I agree with the sentiment that his silence over the last several weeks has been ridiculous and has hurt the conference, I don't see the cancelling of the game as being the "conference's fault". How does Coastal play the game with an entire D-Line in contact tracing? Do they play without a D-Line? Do they play anyway and tell everyone on both teams "sorry, your health doesn't matter to us as long as we have a chance to make a NY6 bowl"? A chance that as it happens, they wouldn't have gotten anyway since Cincy beat Tulsa and would have stayed ahead of Coastal and therefore received the NY6 bid.

Had Coastal played and beaten Louisiana in the CCG, it very likely would have moved Coastal up in the CFP Rankings.

Iowa State got a NY6 bid as an at-large team, being ranked #10. If a #12 Coastal beats a #19 Louisiana, I think it's very possible Coastal moves up to at least #10, and gets an at-large bid to a NY6.

100% would have got in especially over a 3 loss UNC ...Their incompetence cost them a once in a lifetime opportunity

RE: Keith Gill Screwed Us Again - Yosef Himself - 12-21-2020 10:00 AM

(12-21-2020 09:58 AM)Cajun_lannister Wrote:  
(12-21-2020 09:43 AM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  

100% would have got in especially over a 3 loss UNC ...Their incompetence cost them a once in a lifetime opportunity
UNC is in the Orange bowl based on contract with the ACC. It's the at-large invites that couldn't have gone CCU's way.

RE: Keith Gill Screwed Us Again - CCU83 - 12-21-2020 10:11 AM

I am still waiting to see the evidence that Coastal somehow colluded with the SBC to cancel the championship game in order to make a NYE bowl.

I am convinced that the Committee never was going to move Coastal ahead of Iowa State or Indiana regardless based on the comments that they made yesterday If Coastal beats Louisiana again, Louisiana likely falls way back in the rankings and the committee would not take it seriously just like they did with BYU being outside the top 15.

As much as Louisiana fans have ticket me off this week, I feel that they were disrespected more than anyone this season with the committee essentially saying that the Iowa State win didn’t count because it was early in the season and they look better now.

Oh yeah and I agree that Keith Gill sucks. If it were up to him, this season would have never happened.

Keith Gill Screwed Us Again - WolfBird - 12-21-2020 10:12 AM

When could you reschedule it where it would matter?

The damn selection show was the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Keith Gill Screwed Us Again - Saint3333 - 12-21-2020 10:14 AM

(12-21-2020 09:47 AM)Yosef Himself Wrote:  You think having no press is bad. Had Gill forced teams that have declared they were under quarantine to play; that no press would have turned into toxic negative press in an instant.

Just like it did for Ohio State, I read a lot about that over the weekend.

RE: Keith Gill Screwed Us Again - GoAppsGo92 - 12-21-2020 10:15 AM

(12-21-2020 10:11 AM)CCU83 Wrote:  I am still waiting to see the evidence that Coastal somehow colluded with the SBC to cancel the championship game in order to make a NYE bowl.

I am convinced that the Committee never was going to move Coastal ahead of Iowa State or Indiana regardless based on the comments that they made yesterday If Coastal beats Louisiana again, Louisiana likely falls way back in the rankings and the committee would not take it seriously just like they did with BYU being outside the top 15.

As much as Louisiana fans have ticket me off this week, I feel that they were disrespected more than anyone this season with the committee essentially saying that the Iowa State win didn’t count because it was early in the season and they look better now.

Oh yeah and I agree that Keith Gill sucks. If it were up to him, this season would have never happened.

Oh I don’t think it was a conspiracy. I think COVID Carolina’s coach leveraged some badly worded contract language to get a $1m bonus, screwing the conference, fans, and Louisiana in the process.

RE: Keith Gill Screwed Us Again - Big Buds - 12-21-2020 10:17 AM

Why is ok for Coastal to hold team meetings maskless while not being socially distant? Louisiana makes sure they mask-up to prevent this type of contact tracing issues. Should have been a forfeiture if anything. Serious question, am I missing something?

RE: Keith Gill Screwed Us Again - ManAboutTown - 12-21-2020 10:18 AM

How did the Cajuns play (and beat) Ga Southern with almost 30 players out due to cover?

How did OSU play their conference game with 22 players out?

How did CCU not have to pause football activity with all the DANGER posed by one "positive test"?

RE: Keith Gill Screwed Us Again - ManAboutTown - 12-21-2020 10:20 AM

(12-21-2020 10:12 AM)WolfBird Wrote:  When could you reschedule it where it would matter?

Team was given the all clear WEDNESDAY afternoon. Covid tests came in Wednesday during the day. Our football team traveled to Conway and settled into their hotel.

2 negatives in 3 days is the protocol. We could have played Sunday.

When will the excuses stop?

Keith Gill Screwed Us Again - WolfBird - 12-21-2020 10:23 AM

(12-21-2020 10:20 AM)ManAboutTown Wrote:  
(12-21-2020 10:12 AM)WolfBird Wrote:  When could you reschedule it where it would matter?

Team was given the all clear WEDNESDAY afternoon. Covid tests came in Wednesday during the day. Our football team traveled to Conway and settled into their hotel.

2 negatives in 3 days is the protocol. We could have played Sunday.

When will the excuses stop?

I’m not making an excuse. Frankly I don’t care.

In fact if it makes ULL folks squirm that’s maybe even better.

RE: Keith Gill Screwed Us Again - balanced_view - 12-21-2020 10:27 AM

100%. this was not Gills fault. he can be blamed for a lot of other things instead.

RE: Keith Gill Screwed Us Again - rokamortis - 12-21-2020 10:30 AM

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: Keith Gill Screwed Us Again - JoeJag - 12-21-2020 10:35 AM

One thing is sure. Louisiana and CCU have worked themselves up to one heated rivalry that can't be topped in all of the G-5 family. And we can all blame it on Keith Gill. LOL.