CSNbbs
Clark to interview for Auburn Head Coach job - updated - 2nd interview - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: Clark to interview for Auburn Head Coach job - updated - 2nd interview (/thread-913210.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Clark to interview for Auburn Head Coach job - updated - 2nd interview - BlazinBham - 12-22-2020 10:18 AM

(12-22-2020 10:15 AM)BlazintheAtl1 Wrote:  
(12-22-2020 10:06 AM)BlazinBham Wrote:  also from football scoop within the last hour
https://twitter.com/footballscoop/status/1341386424403308545?s=21

They say Coach Clark remains in play for AU. Sounds like things are on pause to me.

I don't know about that. I've read Auburn's AD is now in charge of the search (I guess he wasn't before?) meaning some guys who were previously off the table are now back on it. If this is the case, I think they will go back to Sark and Cristobal and then work their way down the list from there.

16 hours later and we’re still waiting for a different name to emerge. I hope they do go back to the top of the list.

AU saying beat USC and get back to us?

RE: Clark to interview for Auburn Head Coach job - updated - 2nd interview - ATTALLABLAZE - 12-22-2020 10:49 AM

(12-22-2020 08:42 AM)blazers9911 Wrote:  
(12-21-2020 08:36 PM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  
(12-21-2020 08:32 PM)BlazintheAtl1 Wrote:  Feel a little better....man, where does AU go from here? Gus might be getting a call soon.

This is all a dog and pony show. If Auburn did not offer Bill the job after this last interview then Clark probably just said thank you for the interview and good luck with the job search.

You don't interview two times to turn down a job. Just my opinion of course.

Anybody else on this board that's had two job interviews, been offered the job and turned it down? I've done it, so I can't imagine there aren't more. The 2nd interview in particular is a good time for potential employees to really gauge the situation they are walking into. If you ask the right questions, you might find some answers you don't like. Or something may be said that raises some concerns.

Has happened to me four times in 35 years and I accepted two and turned down two.

RE: Clark to interview for Auburn Head Coach job - updated - 2nd interview - ArmyBlazer - 12-22-2020 10:50 AM

Janice Roger tweeted this morning that she spoke with Clark and he confirmed that he’s told the team he’s staying at UAB.

RE: Clark to interview for Auburn Head Coach job - updated - 2nd interview - biglizard - 12-22-2020 10:52 AM

He’s already informed the team he’s staying. That ends the issue as far as I’m concerned

RE: Clark to interview for Auburn Head Coach job - updated - 2nd interview - Blazer Engineer - 12-22-2020 11:00 AM

Ive interviewed for jobs that I turned down. On 2 occasions it led to a promotion in my current job.

RE: Clark to interview for Auburn Head Coach job - updated - 2nd interview - Blazer Engineer - 12-22-2020 11:01 AM

(12-22-2020 10:52 AM)biglizard Wrote:  He’s already informed the team he’s staying. That ends the issue as far as I’m concerned
I dont see him going back on his word.

RE: Clark to interview for Auburn Head Coach job - updated - 2nd interview - biglizard - 12-22-2020 11:22 AM

(12-22-2020 08:42 AM)blazers9911 Wrote:  
(12-21-2020 08:36 PM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  
(12-21-2020 08:32 PM)BlazintheAtl1 Wrote:  Feel a little better....man, where does AU go from here? Gus might be getting a call soon.

This is all a dog and pony show. If Auburn did not offer Bill the job after this last interview then Clark probably just said thank you for the interview and good luck with the job search.

You don't interview two times to turn down a job. Just my opinion of course.

Anybody else on this board that's had two job interviews, been offered the job and turned it down? I've done it, so I can't imagine there aren't more. The 2nd interview in particular is a good time for potential employees to really gauge the situation they are walking into. If you ask the right questions, you might find some answers you don't like. Or something may be said that raises some concerns.

Every candidate for our practice goes through 2 interviews. We get turned down, sometimes we decide not to offer

RE: Clark to interview for Auburn Head Coach job - updated - 2nd interview - hooverblazer - 12-22-2020 11:33 AM

I can also confirm he told the team last night that he's staying at UAB.

RE: Clark to interview for Auburn Head Coach job - updated - 2nd interview - Mungumry Blazer - 12-22-2020 11:38 AM

Clark to AU fell through because AU wouldn't allow Clark to have the say so in who was on his staff. I couldn't imagine being a head coach and not being able to hire the people I wanted on my own staff. Too many cooks in the kitchen at AU. They are and always WILL BE mediocre. Good luck finding somebody AU.....you're gonna need it.

RE: Clark to interview for Auburn Head Coach job - updated - 2nd interview - MAN4UAB - 12-22-2020 11:40 AM

(12-22-2020 11:01 AM)Blazer Engineer Wrote:  
(12-22-2020 10:52 AM)biglizard Wrote:  He’s already informed the team he’s staying. That ends the issue as far as I’m concerned
I dont see him going back on his word.

Me neither.

RE: Clark to interview for Auburn Head Coach job - updated - 2nd interview - BlazinBham - 12-22-2020 01:01 PM

Venables declined to interview.

Out of the candidates crossed off, our coach is the only one considered to still be in communication waiting to see what AU does with those assistants. I trust the “scoop” more than I do the media.

Also, looks as if AU hasn’t legitimately made a play for Freeze which is who I initially thought they’d go after.

RE: Clark to interview for Auburn Head Coach job - updated - 2nd interview - BlazerGreen - 12-22-2020 01:05 PM

Just because Napier and Louisiana issued a joint statement about him staying there doesn't mean Coach Clark and UAB have to do the same. But it sure would be nice.

RE: Clark to interview for Auburn Head Coach job - updated - 2nd interview - BlazinBham - 12-22-2020 01:08 PM

I mean, if we announced a raise, would just give schools a measuring stick and put Clark’s name in the media more than we already want it to be.

RE: Clark to interview for Auburn Head Coach job - updated - 2nd interview - blazers9911 - 12-22-2020 02:10 PM

(12-22-2020 01:01 PM)BlazinBham Wrote:  Venables declined to interview.

Out of the candidates crossed off, our coach is the only one considered to still be in communication waiting to see what AU does with those assistants. I trust the “scoop” more than I do the media.

Also, looks as if AU hasn’t legitimately made a play for Freeze which is who I initially thought they’d go after.

I really thought Freeze would be the guy they went after too. Really surprising how this has all played out to me.

RE: Clark to interview for Auburn Head Coach job - updated - 2nd interview - KevMo4UAB - 12-22-2020 03:00 PM

(12-22-2020 02:10 PM)blazers9911 Wrote:  

I really thought Freeze would be the guy they went after too. Really surprising how this has all played out to me.

I believe Freeze is in the mix today.

RE: Clark to interview for Auburn Head Coach job - updated - 2nd interview - uabbean - 12-22-2020 03:26 PM

(12-22-2020 03:00 PM)KevMo4UAB Wrote:  
(12-22-2020 02:10 PM)blazers9911 Wrote:  [quote='BlazinBham' pid='17180162' dateline='1608660080']
Venables declined to interview.

With AU already facing charge of a loss of institutional control with Pearl. Probably not the time to after someone in the NCAA doghouse like freeze

RE: Clark to interview for Auburn Head Coach job - updated - 2nd interview - UABFRENCHY - 12-22-2020 03:29 PM

like the serie oRANGE IS the new black
Auburn is the new TN )

RE: Clark to interview for Auburn Head Coach job - updated - 2nd interview - UAB Band Dad - 12-22-2020 04:32 PM

(12-22-2020 03:00 PM)KevMo4UAB Wrote:  
(12-22-2020 02:10 PM)blazers9911 Wrote:  

I believe Freeze is in the mix today.

Their options have gotten pretty thin. Sure, hire another cheater, your reputation is swamp muck anyhow.

RE: Clark to interview for Auburn Head Coach job - updated - 2nd interview - BAMANBLAZERFAN - 12-22-2020 05:24 PM

(12-22-2020 11:38 AM)Mungumry Blazer Wrote:  Clark to AU fell through because AU wouldn't allow Clark to have the say so in who was on his staff. I couldn't imagine being a head coach and not being able to hire the people I wanted on my own staff. Too many cooks in the kitchen at AU. They are and always WILL BE mediocre. Good luck finding somebody AU.....you're gonna need it.

When Bama hired Whitworth in the 50s, they required him to keep the entire staff of the previous coach, Seeing how that played out has been a cautionary example for coaches ever since. Auburn adds in a layer of influential politicos to that mix as well.

RE: Clark to interview for Auburn Head Coach job - updated - 2nd interview - BlazintheAtl1 - 12-22-2020 06:03 PM

Lots of rumors that Auburn is close to hiring the Boise St coach.