CSNbbs
ST MARY'S IS 6-1 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: ST MARY'S IS 6-1 (/thread-912723.html)

Pages: 1 2

ST MARY'S IS 6-1 - roachman48 - 12-14-2020 07:00 AM

Maybe that will be a quality win for Memphis. If we would get our head out of our -----, then we could start building a resume of accomplishments. We have had opportunities.

RE: ST MARY'S IS 6-1 - Atlanta - 12-14-2020 08:29 AM

(12-14-2020 07:00 AM)roachman48 Wrote:  Maybe that will be a quality win for Memphis. If we would get our head out of our -----, then we could start building a resume of accomplishments. We have had opportunities.

Probably a little too late for the resume this season. We are probably limited to 1-2 chances left to make the tourney - win the conference or win the conference tourney given the national perception that the AAC is weak this year. Unfortunately, I've seen nothing that says we can beat UH. In fact what we've seen says will have to fight to beat anybody, especially on the road. Looks bleak.

RE: ST MARY'S IS 6-1 - MemTigers1998 - 12-14-2020 08:52 AM

(12-14-2020 08:29 AM)Atlanta Wrote:  
(12-14-2020 07:00 AM)roachman48 Wrote:  Maybe that will be a quality win for Memphis. If we would get our head out of our -----, then we could start building a resume of accomplishments. We have had opportunities.

Probably a little too late for the resume this season. We are probably limited to 1-2 chances left to make the tourney - win the conference or win the conference tourney given the national perception that the AAC is weak this year. Unfortunately, I've seen nothing that says we can beat UH. In fact what we've seen says will have to fight to beat anybody, especially on the road. Looks bleak.

Yep. Had someone (he is a Tiger fan) last night text me laughing about going from Dallas/ NY6/ Cotton Bowl to whatever the MB is in a single year. Told him he might wanna enjoy it because its looking like the only postseason we get this year.

RE: ST MARY'S IS 6-1 - tkgrrett - 12-14-2020 09:49 AM

Agreed. Resume is irrelevant at this point, we arent near the bubble. Our only hope is top-2 finish in conference with a win over Houston and even then probably still need a few wins in conf tourney

RE: ST MARY'S IS 6-1 - BinghamptonNed - 12-14-2020 10:05 AM

(12-14-2020 08:52 AM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  

Yep. Had someone (he is a Tiger fan) last night text me laughing about going from Dallas/ NY6/ Cotton Bowl to whatever the MB is in a single year. Told him he might wanna enjoy it because its looking like the only postseason we get this year.

Your friend does not understand the American’s bowl situation very well, our possibilities are Nyd6 bowl, Liberty every once in a While or random bowl. There is a huge step down if we are not the G5 rep on NyD

RE: ST MARY'S IS 6-1 - MtownTigers916 - 12-14-2020 10:05 AM

It is bleak. Don't be surprised if conference tournaments are cancelled this year, too. The logistics of hosting such a tournament in the pandemic will be difficult. The tournaments won't be money makers and could jeopardize NCAA Tournament representatives through increased COVID exposure. If there are conference tournaments, I wouldn't be surprised if they are limited to 6 or so teams.

RE: ST MARY'S IS 6-1 - SeñorTiger - 12-14-2020 10:18 AM

St. Mary's looked like a good basketball. We looked fantastic on opening night, probably as good as we have looked under Penny. That is why I cannot understand how the team has completely flatlined since then.

RE: ST MARY'S IS 6-1 - Hernando Hills Tiger - 12-14-2020 10:53 AM

Did you tell him to check LSU or Penn State?

RE: ST MARY'S IS 6-1 - memtigbb - 12-14-2020 11:11 AM

(12-14-2020 10:53 AM)Hernando Hills Tiger Wrote:  

No joke.
After all the terrible seasons I have gone through in my close to 50 years of being a tiger fan... I aint complaining too much about a bowl season.

RE: ST MARY'S IS 6-1 - DallasTiger - 12-14-2020 11:18 AM

Had not paid any attention to PENN STATE....geez 3-5.

RE: ST MARY'S IS 6-1 - MSU87 - 12-14-2020 12:04 PM

After the tournament in SD, St. Mary’s has beaten Nichols State, Texas Southern, UTEP, and San Jose State. Let’s see how they do against San Diego State and Gonzaga before getting too excited.

RE: ST MARY'S IS 6-1 - uskjtc02 - 12-14-2020 12:06 PM

No one has seen us play with DW yet. Might make all the difference.

RE: ST MARY'S IS 6-1 - uskjtc02 - 12-14-2020 12:10 PM

What is wrong with our fans? His quickly they forget. 10 years ago we would’ve begging to go there this bowl. And with a first year head coach and all the COVID BS we should be greatful. I know I am.

Glad to be a Tiger and thankful for our success over the last 7 years or so.

RE: ST MARY'S IS 6-1 - tigers18 - 12-14-2020 12:16 PM

(12-14-2020 12:10 PM)uskjtc02 Wrote:  

What is wrong with our fans? His quickly they forget. 10 years ago we would’ve begging to go there this bowl. And with a first year head coach and all the COVID BS we should be greatful. I know I am.

Glad to be a Tiger and thankful for our success over the last 7 years or so.

Amen

RE: ST MARY'S IS 6-1 - tigerengineer - 12-14-2020 12:18 PM

(12-14-2020 11:18 AM)DallasTiger Wrote:  

Had not paid any attention to PENN STATE....geez 3-5.

and they started 0-5, not having cupcakes as an appetizer hurt some teams this year

RE: ST MARY'S IS 6-1 - MemTigers1998 - 12-14-2020 02:56 PM

(12-14-2020 10:53 AM)Hernando Hills Tiger Wrote:  Did you tell him to check LSU or Penn State?

Ehh, ultimately he doesn't care as he's not really a football fan at all. He's told me multiple times that he is of the opinion that we killed our basketball program putting $$$ into football the last 10 years with nothing to show for either as the football investment hoping for B12 invite blew up in our face. He did 0 football games last year, not even the CCG or Cotton Bowl and obviously 0 this year. I wont say he's a "basketball first", but more like a bball only. Wishes we could take the UConn approach if Big East would have us. Not my thinking but, he's one of these "if you dont have a chance to compete to win it all, then no reason to have a team" people. I know we have 0 chance at the playoff and a year like last season is the best we can hope for (AAC champs and NY6), but it was fun and I like to get my drink on tailgating at Tiger Lane.

RE: ST MARY'S IS 6-1 - macgar32 - 12-14-2020 08:25 PM

(12-14-2020 10:18 AM)SeñorTiger Wrote:  

St. Mary's looked like a good basketball. We looked fantastic on opening night, probably as good as we have looked under Penny. That is why I cannot understand how the team has completely flatlined since then.

St. Marys missed more open 3's than I have seen in a long time 1-18...Even with that horrible showing they are shooting 37% for the year.

Boogie was a monster in the first half of that game as well...If he isn't on fire and St. Mary's shoots 33% from the 3 we may lose that game.

But one thing that is strange is I don't understand why we cant make 3's as games go on.

RE: ST MARY'S IS 6-1 - Stammers - 12-14-2020 08:27 PM

Penn State is 3-5.

RE: ST MARY'S IS 6-1 - PennyWise - 12-15-2020 02:15 AM

I’m calling it here right now, St. Mary’s loses to Eastern Washington on Tuesday night.

RE: ST MARY'S IS 6-1 - Hoots - 12-15-2020 07:38 AM

(12-14-2020 08:43 PM)snowtiger Wrote:  
(12-14-2020 10:05 AM)MtownTigers916 Wrote:  It is bleak. Don't be surprised if conference tournaments are cancelled this year, too. The logistics of hosting such a tournament in the pandemic will be difficult. The tournaments won't be money makers and could jeopardize NCAA Tournament representatives through increased COVID exposure. If there are conference tournaments, I wouldn't be surprised if they are limited to 6 or so teams.

There is definitely an element of bleakness...
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/florida-star-keyontae-johnson-critical-stable-condition-after-court-collapse-n1251045

Keyontae Johnson had just dunked in transition before he crumpled to the floor as the team broke its huddle. Several Gators were in tears and a couple buried their faces in towels as they gathered in prayer.

Like many of his Florida teammates, Johnson tested positive for COVID-19 during the summer. Although the cause of Johnson’s ailment was not immediately known, the coronavirus can lead to myocarditis, a viral infection of the heart muscle. At its most severe, myocarditis can lead to sudden cardiac arrest and has been a documented cause of death for young, otherwise healthy athletes.

There is no medical diagnosis that has been released. He is in an induced coma.

My God, that was shocking to see. And the reaction of the players was pretty gut-wrenching. Prayers.