CSNbbs
Any word on Eleby’s end of game injury? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Western Michigan (/forum-469.html)
+------ Forum: The Dan Burgardt Memorial Bronco Football Forum (/forum-489.html)
+------ Thread: Any word on Eleby’s end of game injury? (/thread-912627.html)

Any word on Eleby’s end of game injury? - Broncos83 - 12-12-2020 08:59 PM

He got whacked pretty good on that crazy #@* play at the end of the game. Last I saw he was still laying on the field. Hope he’s ok. Kid played hard and had a great season.

RE: Any word on Eleby’s end of game injury? - Nacho - 12-12-2020 09:03 PM

I'm sure he will be back for our next game... in September.

RE: Any word on Eleby’s end of game injury? - Motown Bronco - 12-12-2020 11:21 PM

Looked awful. Rib/groin area, it seemed.

Hindsight is 20/20 and all. But that last play started on the 50 yard line. I know TL plays by statistics: Does a series of laterals have better odds of scoring a TD than throwing a Hail Mary to the endzone? I wouldn't have thought so.

RE: Any word on Eleby’s end of game injury? - Hiller4Hyz09 - 12-13-2020 01:03 AM

(12-12-2020 11:21 PM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  Looked awful. Rib/groin area, it seemed.

Hindsight is 20/20 and all. But that last play started on the 50 yard line. I know TL plays by statistics: Does a series of laterals have better odds of scoring a TD than throwing a Hail Mary to the endzone? I wouldn't have thought so.

This is so spot on. With Eleby’s Arm and the 6 incredible hands we’d have downfield, I was confident we had a shot.

RE: Any word on Eleby’s end of game injury? - dunkface - 12-13-2020 04:14 PM

(12-12-2020 11:21 PM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  Looked awful. Rib/groin area, it seemed.

I would have preferred a Hail Mary in the direction of Jaylen Hall. Eleby has the arm strength. Give the big receiver a shot to make a play.

RE: Any word on Eleby’s end of game injury? - Broncodan - 12-13-2020 04:32 PM

(12-13-2020 04:14 PM)dunkface Wrote:  

I would have preferred a Hail Mary in the direction of Jaylen Hall. Eleby has the arm strength. Give the big receiver a shot to make a play.

I agree no idea with Elebys cannon and the gigantic frame of hall why we just did throw up a Hail Mary.

RE: Any word on Eleby’s end of game injury? - bostonbronco - 12-13-2020 04:36 PM

That pass interference "no call" gutted the Broncos. They would have been in field goal position to tie or even a throw away from a TD. That was difficult to watch.

RE: Any word on Eleby’s end of game injury? - flushtheherd - 12-13-2020 04:57 PM

(12-13-2020 04:36 PM)bostonbronco Wrote:  That pass interference "no call" gutted the Broncos. They would have been in field goal position to tie or even a throw away from a TD. That was difficult to watch.

Nobody talks about this.... but we got absolutely jobbed on that no call. Even the announcers were flabbergasted!