CSNbbs
Bill Walton - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: WACbbs (/forum-376.html)
+--- Thread: Bill Walton (/thread-911887.html)

Bill Walton - wisdomgymrat - 12-02-2020 04:19 PM

How stoned can he be while broadcasting the Texas vs UNC game right now on ESPN?

WAC related because it’s basketball season.

RE: Bill Walton - NeptunianEmp - 12-02-2020 04:32 PM

He is a gift to basketball. Any game he broadcasts is amazing.

RE: Bill Walton - NMSUPistolPete - 12-02-2020 04:47 PM

Yeah. I'll pass on that. I can't stand his broadcasts. And, all the non-basketball topics he rifles though during a game. I usually flip the channel when he color commentates.

RE: Bill Walton - wisdomgymrat - 12-02-2020 04:49 PM

Nate Robinson reference was priceless

RE: Bill Walton - CrimsonPhantom - 12-02-2020 05:12 PM

(12-02-2020 04:47 PM)NMSUPistolPete Wrote:  Yeah. I'll pass on that. I can't stand his broadcasts. And, all the non-basketball topics he rifles though during a game. I usually flip the channel when he color commentates.

This^^

RE: Bill Walton - SoCalBobcat78 - 12-05-2020 11:49 AM

(12-02-2020 04:47 PM)NMSUPistolPete Wrote:  Yeah. I'll pass on that. I can't stand his broadcasts. And, all the non-basketball topics he rifles though during a game. I usually flip the channel when he color commentates.

He is different and if the game is not close he can be like a night at a Grateful Dead Concert, but he knows basketball. If he is just talking basketball, he is very good and he is one of the greatest players of all-time.

RE: Bill Walton - Vulpes88 - 12-05-2020 09:50 PM

(12-05-2020 11:49 AM)SoCalBobcat78 Wrote:  

He is different and if the game is not close he can be like a night at a Grateful Dead Concert, but he knows basketball. If he is just talking basketball, he is very good and he is one of the greatest players of all-time.

So either quality commentary or commentary by Cheech and Chong. Wouldn't be opposed to either one.

RE: Bill Walton - Pounder - 12-08-2020 06:59 PM

Any Walton thread almost immediately separates who went to college for the sports from who went to college.

I straddle a really jagged fence here. I remember when he played in Portland and rarely spoke... the stuttering issues, etc. It’s only natural that he’d overcome those and now no earthly creature can shut him up.

That doesn’t mean he doesn’t add value. I’m just, um, gifted enough to know his language.

I just need to work faster to patent the accompanying drinking game, because that’s where the real money is made.

But I am saying you might learn something by listening to him while reminding people that the kids he’s commentating on are student athletes, after all.

RE: Bill Walton - NMSUPistolPete - 12-08-2020 08:35 PM

I remember when Walton played at UCLA. He is arguably the best "college" center to ever play the game. He always played with his hands up and never dribbled the ball or brought the ball down below shoulder height before shooting his shot in the paint. If not for his bad knees, he might have been one of the greatest NBA center ever. But being a vegetarian probably hurt his joint and cartilage development; shortened the length of his productive years. I have respect for his basketball knowledge but I do find him to be arrogant. With respect to all his other non-basketball factoids, I find it quite annoying when I'm trying to watch a basketball game.

RE: Bill Walton - Itinerant Texan - 12-08-2020 08:58 PM

(12-08-2020 08:35 PM)NMSUPistolPete Wrote:  I remember when Walton played at UCLA. He is arguably the best "college" center to ever play the game He always played with his hands up and never dribbled the ball or brought the ball down below shoulder height before shooting his shot in the paint. If not for his bad knees, he might have been one of the greatest NBA center ever. But being a vegetarian probably hurt his joint and cartilage development; shortened the length of his productive years. I have respect for his basketball knowledge but I do find him to be arrogant. With respect to all his other non-basketball factoids, I find it quite annoying when I'm trying to watch a basketball game.

Nah man, he wasn't even the best center to ever play at UCLA.

RE: Bill Walton - Vulpes88 - 12-10-2020 09:06 PM

(12-08-2020 08:35 PM)NMSUPistolPete Wrote:  I remember when Walton played at UCLA. He is arguably the best "college" center to ever play the game. He always played with his hands up and never dribbled the ball or brought the ball down below shoulder height before shooting his shot in the paint. If not for his bad knees, he might have been one of the greatest NBA center ever. But being a vegetarian probably hurt his joint and cartilage development; shortened the length of his productive years. I have respect for his basketball knowledge but I do find him to be arrogant. With respect to all his other non-basketball factoids, I find it quite annoying when I'm trying to watch a basketball game.

Never saw him play so I'll trust your judgement. Though a 14 year career isn't bad even if he missed 4 seasons.