CSNbbs
Head Coach Power Rankings - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Head Coach Power Rankings (/thread-911731.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Head Coach Power Rankings - EigenEagle - 11-30-2020 02:19 PM

Go. 05-stirthepot

RE: Head Coach Power Rankings - iStoopify - 11-30-2020 02:31 PM

1) Chadwell
2) Napier
3) Clark?
4) Elliott
5) Campbell
6) Lunsford
7) Spavital
8) Viator
9) Lindsey
10) Anderson

In my opinion, 1 and 2 are clearly head and shoulders above the rest.

RE: Head Coach Power Rankings - Duggie35 - 11-30-2020 02:50 PM

I agree that Chadwell & Napier are at the top of the list. I know I am biased, but I would put Napier 1st, based on the fact that he has won the Western Division for three consecutive years and brought the Cajuns to the Championship game each year, although he has not yet taken home the ultimate trophy. Chadwell is doing a fabulous job in his 1st season as the Head Coach at C.C. and I'd be shocked if he fails to continue doing so in the future. However, until he proves he can achieve a high level of success for more than one year, I would put Napier at #1 based on his proven consistency.

RE: Head Coach Power Rankings - TroyFootball05 - 11-30-2020 02:54 PM

1) Napier
2) Chadwell
3) Clark
4) Anderson
5) Lunsford
6) Campbell
7) Viator
8) Elliott
9) Spavital
10) Lindsey

I think Napier is better overall. Chadwell has had a really good season this year, but we don't know how that translates into future seasons. Lindsey should be doing a lot better with the talent he has, but has no fire, and no ability to handle any type of adversity. Spavital is hard to place considering what he has had to work with, but for now he has still to prove he can turn Texas State into a bowl contender. Anderson, Viator, and Campbell escape the bottom when you include past performances and previous jobs. They are not doing so hot right now though. Anderson, before everything happened, was a pretty decent coach with some pretty good assistants as well. Lunsford is underrated, in my opinion, but he really needs to get a new OC and turn things around offensively.

RE: Head Coach Power Rankings - ballantyneapp - 11-30-2020 02:57 PM

(11-30-2020 02:31 PM)iStoopify Wrote:  1) Chadwell
2) Napier
3) Clark?
4) Elliott
5) Campbell
6) Lunsford
7) Spavital
8) Viator
9) Lindsey
10) Anderson

1&2 are obvious.

Gets murky after that. I would argue we don't really know where Clark falls yet. Viator coaches his ass off considering the limitations he has. Lunsford scores high on the redneck chart, but other than beating App 2x he has done...what? Elliott has been pretty good for Ga State

Spavital is under the wait and see, as well as USA coach. Lindsey should be there but Troy didn't look good at all last Saturday.

RE: Head Coach Power Rankings - iStoopify - 11-30-2020 02:59 PM

(11-30-2020 02:54 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  1) Napier
2) Chadwell
3) Clark
4) Anderson
5) Lunsford
6) Campbell
7) Viator
8) Elliott
9) Spavital
10) Lindsey

I think Napier is better overall. Chadwell has had a really good season this year, but we don't know how that translates into future seasons. Lindsey should be doing a lot better with the talent he has, but has no fire, and no ability to handle any type of adversity. Spavital is hard to place considering what he has had to work with, but for now he has still to prove he can turn Texas State into a bowl contender. Anderson, Viator, and Campbell escape the bottom when you include past performances and previous jobs. They are not doing so hot right now though. Anderson, before everything happened, was a pretty decent coach with some pretty good assistants as well. Lunsford is underrated, in my opinion, but he really needs to get a new OC and turn things around offensively.

Curious about your reasoning behind Anderson at 4. Given his resources and talent on the roster at Arky, they should not be losing like they are.

RE: Head Coach Power Rankings - TroyFootball05 - 11-30-2020 03:12 PM

(11-30-2020 02:59 PM)iStoopify Wrote:  
2) Chadwell
3) Clark
4) Anderson
5) Lunsford
6) Campbell
7) Viator
8) Elliott
9) Spavital
10) Lindsey

Curious about your reasoning behind Anderson at 4. Given his resources and talent on the roster at Arky, they should not be losing like they are.

If we are only going by this year, we would just use the current rankings. I think it has to be weighted, with the most recent results weighing the most. Seven straight bowls and three conference championships puts him ahead of guys who haven't come close to that yet. It's clear that the loss of his wife has had an tremendous effect, and I won't hold that against him. Add COVID year and I think he gets a big pass. A lot of Arkansas State fans were underwhelmed even before the last few years for some obvious reasons, but the guy produced. That matters.

RE: Head Coach Power Rankings - WinstonTheWolf - 12-01-2020 02:28 AM

2) Chadwell
3) Clark
4) Anderson
5) Lunsford
6) Campbell
7) Viator
8) Elliott
9) Spavital
10) Lindsey

I seriously question stAte's talent relative to the rest of the Sun Belt. Skill players on offense, Rice, and Merrill aside, we really don't have much. It hurt losing the two difference makers on defense to P5 transfers, but our defense is just not good, and our OL is thin and weak.

RE: Head Coach Power Rankings - WinstonTheWolf - 12-01-2020 03:06 AM

(12-01-2020 02:28 AM)WinstonTheWolf Wrote:  
2) Chadwell
3) Clark
4) Anderson
5) Lunsford
6) Campbell
7) Viator
8) Elliott
9) Spavital
10) Lindsey

I seriously question stAte's talent relative to the rest of the Sun Belt. Skill players on offense, Rice, and Merrill aside, we really don't have much. It hurt losing the two difference makers on defense to P5 transfers, but our defense is just not good, and our OL is thin and weak.

Also Blake had some VERY good assistants: Walt Bell, Trooper Taylor, Brian Early, Joe Cauthen that moved on and left us worse off . . .

RE: Head Coach Power Rankings - CoastalAlum2011 - 12-01-2020 07:08 AM

1. Jamey Chadwell

2. All the other jokers

Unfortunately for us, this means we probably lose him after the 2021-2022 season. Such is the plight of a G5 program I guess.

RE: Head Coach Power Rankings - Yosef84 - 12-01-2020 07:18 AM

I wouldn't argue with Napier and Chadwell as #1 & #2 (in that order) with Clark being #3. Clark is in a learning curve and has done well with his first season as a head coach despite all the craziness of a COVID season. My (total homer) opinion is that he will rise in the rankings. That would probably happen by attrition with Napier and Chadwell getting hired away, but I think he will rise regardless.

RE: Head Coach Power Rankings - Saint3333 - 12-01-2020 08:46 AM

App winning Friday helps ULL keep their coach, you know what to do.

RE: Head Coach Power Rankings - Hemi Man - 12-01-2020 09:13 AM

Lindsey has no business being ahead of Blake Anderson.

RE: Head Coach Power Rankings - panama - 12-01-2020 11:42 AM

2) Napier
3) Clark?
4) Elliott
5) Campbell
6) Lunsford
7) Spavital
8) Viator
9) Lindsey
10) Anderson

What's the criteria because Elliott at 4) is hilarious.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

RE: Head Coach Power Rankings - iStoopify - 12-01-2020 11:58 AM

(12-01-2020 11:42 AM)panama Wrote:  
2) Napier
3) Clark?
4) Elliott
5) Campbell
6) Lunsford
7) Spavital
8) Viator
9) Lindsey
10) Anderson

Where would you put him? He's brought you guys from bottom feeder to beating southern, hanging with app 3 weeks ago, beating ECU, UT recently, etc.

RE: Head Coach Power Rankings - eaglewraith - 12-01-2020 12:18 PM

(12-01-2020 11:58 AM)iStoopify Wrote:  
2) Napier
3) Clark?
4) Elliott
5) Campbell
6) Lunsford
7) Spavital
8) Viator
9) Lindsey
10) Anderson

Where would you put him? He's brought you guys from bottom feeder to beating southern, hanging with app 3 weeks ago, beating ECU, UT recently, etc.

He has a losing record overall. He does have 3 of their winning seasons (which were few and far between before he arrived) so he does get credit as a solid coach, but come on.

It's actually fairly insulting that you put both Elliott and Campbell above Lunsford. Lunsford has had zero losing seasons so far with 2 bowl trips (1 win), and a 10 win season under his belt.

Lunsford is 2-1 as HC against Elliott, 3-0 against Campbell, and 2-0 against App currently (not counting interim games as that was not "his" team at the time).

I can't really argue against your top 2 right now to some degree (although Lunsford is also 2-1 against Coastal) but Chadwell is definitely showing his strength. Napier is fine where he is. Not sure we have enough data on Clark yet but I can't particularly argue against it.

Put Lunsford above Elliott and Campbell and I think you've got the rest of it pretty much right....although arguably Campbell likely should be lower than even that. And Anderson should probably be a little higher even if stAte fans disagree.

RE: Head Coach Power Rankings - iStoopify - 12-01-2020 12:36 PM

(12-01-2020 12:18 PM)eaglewraith Wrote:  
2) Napier
3) Clark?
4) Elliott
5) Campbell
6) Lunsford
7) Spavital
8) Viator
9) Lindsey
10) Anderson

He has a losing record overall. He does have 3 of their winning seasons (which were few and far between before he arrived) so he does get credit as a solid coach, but come on.

It's actually fairly insulting that you put both Elliott and Campbell above Lunsford. Lunsford has had zero losing seasons so far with 2 bowl trips (1 win), and a 10 win season under his belt.

Lunsford is 2-1 as HC against Elliott, 3-0 against Campbell, and 2-0 against App currently (not counting interim games as that was not "his" team at the time).

I can't really argue against your top 2 right now to some degree (although Lunsford is also 2-1 against Coastal) but Chadwell is definitely showing his strength. Napier is fine where he is. Not sure we have enough data on Clark yet but I can't particularly argue against it.

Put Lunsford above Elliott and Campbell and I think you've got the rest of it pretty much right....although arguably Campbell likely should be lower than even that. And Anderson should probably be a little higher even if stAte fans disagree.

I ranked lunsford as low as i did because he seems to have no control over his team. With the arrests, the way players interact with opposing fans on twitter, etc.

If you take away the two app wins from the last two seasons you don't think he's on the hot seat?

RE: Head Coach Power Rankings - Mandalorian - 12-01-2020 12:40 PM

2) Chadwell
3) Clark
4) Anderson
5) Lunsford
6) Campbell
7) Viator
8) Elliott
9) Spavital
10) Lindsey

Great assessment of Lindsey. Lindsey is a OC, just like coach Muschamp is a DC

RE: Head Coach Power Rankings - eaglewraith - 12-01-2020 12:41 PM

(12-01-2020 12:36 PM)iStoopify Wrote:  
(12-01-2020 12:18 PM)eaglewraith Wrote:  
2) Napier
3) Clark?
4) Elliott
5) Campbell
6) Lunsford
7) Spavital
8) Viator
9) Lindsey
10) Anderson

I ranked lunsford as low as i did because he seems to have no control over his team. With the arrests, the way players interact with opposing fans on twitter, etc.

If you take away the two app wins from the last two seasons you don't think he's on the hot seat?

He's been in the hot seat from declining offensive performance, not any of the other stuff. Granted it doesn't help things right now with what happened last week, but a lot of us were paying a lot of attention to what we did offensively since the way last season went and he did himself zero favors throughout this season having so many games where the offense failed to gain any separation, even in our wins.

Even with that he's still won more than he's lost, it just hasn't been on a good trend. We've also had a good defense the entire time so he's done a good job with his staff and recruiting on that side of the ball.

He still overall has more wins than either Elliott or Campbell (who has more losses than Lunsford has wins).

It remains to be seen what happens next, as the next 2 weeks could be his undoing. However, his body of work is still overall better than the two coaches you have him behind. And even if you're only looking at this year, he STILL has better records than both of those coaches.

RE: Head Coach Power Rankings - panama - 12-01-2020 12:48 PM

2) Napier
3) Clark?
4) Elliott
5) Campbell
6) Lunsford
7) Spavital
8) Viator
9) Lindsey
10) Anderson

He did? We beat Southern before he was here. If my math is correct he is 2-2 vs Southern. Trent Miles was 2-1. He is 21-25 in 4 years. So I don't see how he could be the 4th best HC if most would not put GSU as the 4th best team.