CSNbbs
Biden-Harris Administration - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: Rice (/forum-444.html)
+------ Forum: Kent Rowald Memorial Quad (/forum-660.html)
+------ Thread: Biden-Harris Administration (/thread-911381.html)

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - tanqtonic - 03-09-2021 11:05 PM

Quote:if you don’t want to stand behind that claim “you heard” then retract it.

Tossing it out there, and saying 'I heard' is *not* 'arguing' for a position. In fact, it shows a willingness to be shown to the contrary. Leave it to you to change the tenor of the offering and the verb tp coincide with your predisposition.

Perhaps if you werent tone deaf as to the difference between 'arguing' and stating 'I heard', you wouldnt now be be on a fing crusade to paint the 'I heard' as to some major felony action like you do above.

I am sorry that: a) you do not recognize the difference; and b) now think that putting that out there as a 'well for better or for worse this is what I heard' is such an affront to everything. Bummer.

The only thing that it is an apparent affront to is *your* inability to note what 'I heard' connotes, and perhaps *your* internal ideal that no one should *ever* have the temerity to put out the horrible action of noting something as 'I heard'.

The funny thing is that have you noted that the only one 'arguing' about that issue is you? Incessantly might I add....

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - OptimisticOwl - 03-10-2021 09:39 AM

(03-09-2021 10:42 PM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  
(03-09-2021 08:05 PM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  
(03-09-2021 05:03 PM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  Arguing that only 9% of the bill was COVID related (as OO did)

A flat out lie, Lad.

Not a mis-speak. An untruth.

I refer you to post 1170, where I said "I heard 9%", then immediately said it would depend on definitions.

I guess you will say anything to make your point.

And you fuss about editing by Project veritas.

DDS.

I heard that OO said it was 9%.

Look, absolved from all potential criticism now. What a magical phrase that is - you can just throw it in front of anything and then run away from criticism. Neat.

If you throw out a claim that can be easily fact checked, don’t cry foul when said claim is fact checked. I’ve done nothing but respond to your comment about hearing 9% - if you don’t want to stand behind that claim “you heard” then retract it. But I’m not twisting words here.

I did hear it. I did not claim it, even though you edited my remarks to make it sound as if I claimed it. THAT editing was a conscious act, not a misreading.

I guess, you, in true Cuomo fashion, are doubling down on your lies. Totally unable to admit your mistake and totally unable to say, whoops, I jumped to a conclusion.

I don't know how much of the $1.9T bill is for Covid and how much is not. We all know and admit some is not. But how much is "some" depends on how you define things. AS I SAID IN MY ORIGINAL POST!

Is it 95% unrelated? Is it 91%? 55%? 20%? I have heard all of the above, and claim none as an absolute correct number, contrary to biased incorrect reports. I claim none, because, AS I SAID IN MY ORIGINAL POST, it depends on the definitions of what is Covid related and why.

Just apologize for (1) misreading my original post, and (2) selectively editing it to make it seem like I said something I didn't, and let's move on.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - OptimisticOwl - 03-10-2021 10:20 AM

Biden's memory problems

Biden's memory problems remind me of my sister's.

We have her in assisted living.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - tanqtonic - 03-10-2021 10:40 AM

The fact that Biden cant remember the name of his Defense Secretary at a short event to promote two people to 4 star general is quite the feat.

I was going to make a tongue in cheek post asking people to bid on what day the Word Salad Weekend at Bernie's was actually going to do a press conference -- just telling you he hasnt at this point. My guess is that the odds of him actually doing a presser just went to zero.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - OptimisticOwl - 03-10-2021 12:50 PM

(03-10-2021 10:40 AM)tanqtonic Wrote:  The fact that Biden cant remember the name of his Defense Secretary at a short event to promote two people to 4 star general is quite the feat.

I was going to make a tongue in cheek post asking people to bid on what day the Word Salad Weekend at Bernie's was actually going to do a press conference -- just telling you he hasnt at this point. My guess is that the odds of him actually doing a presser just went to zero.

The foundation to 25th Amendment Biden and install Harris is being laid.

Prediction: Sometime after the 2022 elections, but not later than June 2023.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - OptimisticOwl - 03-10-2021 01:00 PM

(03-10-2021 09:39 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  
(03-09-2021 05:03 PM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  Arguing that only 9% of the bill was COVID related (as OO did)

A flat out lie, Lad.

I refer you to post 1170, where I said "I heard 9%", then immediately said it would depend on definitions.

DDS.

Look, absolved from all potential criticism now. What a magical phrase that is - you can just throw it in front of anything and then run away from criticism. Neat.

If you throw out a claim that can be easily fact checked, don’t cry foul when said claim is fact checked. I’ve done nothing but respond to your comment about hearing 9% - if you don’t want to stand behind that claim “you heard” then retract it. But I’m not twisting words here.

I did hear it. I did not claim it, even though you edited my remarks to make it sound as if I claimed it. THAT editing was a conscious act, not a misreading.

I guess, you, in true Cuomo fashion, are doubling down on your lies. Totally unable to admit your mistake and totally unable to say, whoops, I jumped to a conclusion.

I don't know how much of the $1.9T bill is for Covid and how much is not. We all know and admit some is not. But how much is "some" depends on how you define things. AS I SAID IN MY ORIGINAL POST!

Is it 95% unrelated? Is it 91%? 55%? 20%? I have heard all of the above, and claim none as an absolute correct number, contrary to biased incorrect reports. I claim none, because, AS I SAID IN MY ORIGINAL POST, it depends on the definitions of what is Covid related and why.

Just apologize for (1) misreading my original post, and (2) selectively editing it to make it seem like I said something I didn't, and let's move on.

OK, I guess ignoring your gaffes is an option, too. Works for the MSM regarding Joe.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - OptimisticOwl - 03-14-2021 09:57 AM

the Liar-in-Chief

We have the most transparent, ethical ... oh, wait, have we heard this before?

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - Owl 69/70/75 - 03-14-2021 02:19 PM

(03-10-2021 09:39 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  
A flat out lie, Lad.
DDS.

What difference does it make whether it's 95% unrelated, or 91%, or 55%, or 20%? The maximum acceptable percentage of pork unrelated to COVID is 0%.

That's where Mitch screwed up--again. When he got the original bill--the $600 bill--he should have had the senate amend it by rewriting it to remove all of the pork unrelated to COVID and increase the amount paid to ordinary Americans. That would have drawn the battle lines where they needed to be drawn. I despise Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer, but at least they know how to lead. How many of Trump's appointments got approved by 50-something to 40-something? How many of Biden's? Republicans are like herding cats, and Mitch couldn't lead a sex addict to a whorehouse, and the country I love is being torn apart before my eyes as a result.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - OptimisticOwl - 03-15-2021 08:44 AM

(03-14-2021 02:19 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  What difference does it make whether it's 95% unrelated, or 91%, or 55%, or 20%? The maximum acceptable percentage of pork unrelated to COVID is 0%.

I agree 0 is the ideal, but that is not what the vaunted Democratic leadership wants.

I think we all agree the title is misleading, we just disagree on HOW misleading. Even more misleading than the title is what the Democrats say it is for.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - OptimisticOwl - 03-18-2021 09:29 AM

Putin is a killer

The comments came shortly after the Kremlin said Biden's remarks suggested that he “definitely does not want to improve relations" between the two countries.

"I won't be wordy in reaction to this," Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters. "I will only say that these are very bad statements by the U.S. president."

I wonder if Biden is leading us into a new Cold War, and if so, if he is doing it on purpose.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - Owl 69/70/75 - 03-18-2021 09:48 AM

(03-15-2021 08:44 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  
(03-14-2021 02:19 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  What difference does it make whether it's 95% unrelated, or 91%, or 55%, or 20%? The maximum acceptable percentage of pork unrelated to COVID is 0%.
I agree 0 is the ideal, but that is not what the vaunted Democratic leadership wants.
I think we all agree the title is misleading, we just disagree on HOW misleading. Even more misleading than the title is what the Democrats say it is for.

What Mitch should have done with the second COVID stimulus bill, the $600 one, is to have the senate amend it by substituting wording that eliminated the pork and gave all Americans $2,000. If republican candidates in the Georgia runoffs, which were at that point the most important political events on the calendar, had been able to run on, "You can get $2,000 or you can get $600 and we can bail out the Kennedy Center (or whomever). Take your pick," then I think we would have gotten a different result, even if the democrats cheated. But Mitch is an idiot, so he totally screwed it up.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - tanqtonic - 03-18-2021 09:54 AM

(03-18-2021 09:48 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  

What Mitch should have done with the second COVID stimulus bill, the $600 one, is to have the senate amend it by substituting wording that eliminated the pork and gave all Americans $2,000. If republican candidates in the Georgia runoffs, which were at that point the most important political events on the calendar, had been able to run on, "You can get $2,000 or you can get $600 and we can bail out the Kennedy Center (or whomever). Take your pick," then I think we would have gotten a different result, even if the democrats cheated. But Mitch is an idiot, so he totally screwed it up.

I dont think Mitch had the leeway to amend it. Remember, the ability to amend in a Senate controlled by the opposition is highly limited.

Not a fan of the cocaine turtle, but in this regard I dont think he had to the power to do that.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - Owl 69/70/75 - 03-18-2021 09:57 AM

(03-18-2021 09:54 AM)tanqtonic Wrote:  
(03-18-2021 09:48 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
I dont think Mitch had the leeway to amend it. Remember, the ability to amend in a Senate controlled by the opposition is highly limited.
Not a fan of the turtle, but in this regard I dont think he had to the power to do that.

He still had a majority in December. I'm not sure whether he could have done it with reconciliation or not, but forcing democrats to filibuster against giving money to the people instead of special interests would have drawn the lines very clearly. Georgians, you can vote for $2,000 or you can vote for $600, your choice.

But republicans don't think that way. They don't formulate every question in terms of electoral politics. Democrats do, which is why they win more elections than they should.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - OptimisticOwl - 03-19-2021 03:24 PM

idiocy

Last week, the CBP announced that migrants were being transported from El Paso to Laredo as the Biden administration figures out how to properly house and care for immigrants and asylum seekers.

County officials and migrant advocates in El Paso say they expect the Department of Homeland Security to send as many as two flights daily, each carrying up to 135 migrants, to Laredo.

Two flights daily? that is really helping the environment.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - tanqtonic - 03-19-2021 03:52 PM

Going up the stairs to Air Force One.... well, Ill let you figure out the obvious outcome.

When are they going to start putting Joe in a full body plastic bubble? Or wearing one of these:

[Image: www.danmarproducts.com-9820-bu-31.jpg&am...quality=80]

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - OptimisticOwl - 03-20-2021 09:26 AM

Oddly enough, I am finding myself feeling sorry for Andrew Cuomo, in a way. Most of the complaints seem petty and minor to me. Similar, in fact, to the complaints about Biden that have since disappeared from public discussion.

But I wonder why there is complete silence on Cuomo’s dealing with nursing homes during the pandemic, allegedly causing thousands of needless deaths. I think the death of one human outweighs dozens of ogles.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - tanqtonic - 03-20-2021 07:13 PM

Glad to see how much the CCP respects the Biden administration. Quite evident after Anchorage.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - OptimisticOwl - 03-22-2021 08:48 AM

Neanderthal thinking

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - OptimisticOwl - 03-22-2021 08:56 AM

Got in my Covid check. If it is for relief, didn't need it. House paid off in 2003, paid cash for car. If it is for stimulus, won't work. Just went into the bucket, but spending didn't change.

I wonder how many people who got checks fit into either the don't need it or won't spend it categories, or like me, both.

Got my second Covid Vax last week. Thank you President Trump.

At the risk of incurring additional negative rep points, I note the new hospital I wrote about several months ago remains unopened. Small regional branch of a downtown hospital, two stories, I estimate 50-60 beds. I'll let y'all know when it opens, but for now, standng empty.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - Hambone10 - 03-22-2021 09:48 AM

(03-22-2021 08:56 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  Got in my Covid check. If it is for relief, didn't need it. House paid off in 2003, paid cash for car. If it is for stimulus, won't work. Just went into the bucket, but spending didn't change.

I wonder how many people who got checks fit into either the don't need it or won't spend it categories, or like me, both.

Got my second Covid Vax last week. Thank you President Trump.

At the risk of incurring additional negative rep points, I note the new hospital I wrote about several months ago remains unopened. Small regional branch of a downtown hospital, two stories, I estimate 50-60 beds. I'll let y'all know when it opens, but for now, standng empty.

A hospital in Bellaire... probably about the same size... has been closed for a few years now. It would have been PERFECT for 'quarantine' needs.

I'm sure there are lots of people getting checks who don't need them... I can use it (paying off college for 2 kids) but I don't NEED it either... but I do appreciate that it is being done quickly without a thousand pages of caveats and carve outs.

I also know a few people who used to make good money, and have recently made essentially nothing... but because they made money in 2019, they don't qualify. Nobody cares about the guy who used to make 150k or the DINK couple making 200k who are now unemployed, but that's a real situation and they can use this money.