CSNbbs
Biden-Harris Administration - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: Rice (/forum-444.html)
+------ Forum: Kent Rowald Memorial Quad (/forum-660.html)
+------ Thread: Biden-Harris Administration (/thread-911381.html)

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - OptimisticOwl - 01-15-2022 10:34 AM

(01-15-2022 10:05 AM)Rice93 Wrote:  
(01-15-2022 09:42 AM)tanqtonic Wrote:  Since the lefties here are fixated on *exactly* what a hypocrite is, boring down to 11-teen adjectives and conditions on what one must say to be on point hypocritical, I am sure they will find some cha cha cha escape out of this one:

Dems pause righteous and sanctimonious demands to end the filibuster where their leader states that anyone who is not on board is literally a segregationist in order to ... (drum roll) filibuster Ted Cruz's Nord Stream sanctions bill

I guess when faced with choosing between basic logical consistency and obeying the White House, what does one expect Schumer and his caucus to do? Kind of a multiple layers of hypocrisy when you pause and consider the subject matter as well......

The Democrats' filibuster situation is completely hypocritical and a bad idea.

Completely agree. In 10 month's time, they may well be leaning on the filibuster to keep the Republican Senate from running completely amok. But, like children wanting their candy, they are focused on the NOW and not thinking of the future.

But they are mostly party creatures, as the 48 in the bloc of Dem Senators not named Manchin or Sinema demonstrates. It will be interesting when their tune changes from "two Senators should not block the will of 48" to 'we have to stop this by getting at least 41 votes against it.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - georgewebb - 01-15-2022 02:20 PM

Just so I understand this:
- Pipeline from Canada to US = bad
- Pipeline from Russia to Germany = good

Do I have that right?

In both cases, the outcome seems to be to increase Russian influence over the West.

But wait, I thought contributing to (or even being seen as contributing to) Russian influence on Western politics was one of the worst things that anyone could ever do.

But wait, I also thought that to express concern about Russia was to be "stuck in the 1980s."

Being a leftist must be awfully confusing.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - OptimisticOwl - 01-15-2022 02:23 PM

(01-15-2022 02:20 PM)georgewebb Wrote:  Just so I understand this:
- Pipeline from Canada to US = bad
- Pipeline from Russia to Germany = good

Do I have that right?

In both cases, the outcome seems to be to increase Russian influence over the West.

But wait, I thought contributing to (or even being seen as contributing to) Russian influence on Western politics was one of the worst things that anyone could ever do.

But wait, I also thought that to express concern about Russia was to be "stuck in the 1980s."

Being a leftist must be awfully confusing.

Beautiful. And you didn't even mention Trump/Russia.

But being a leftist is not confusing. You are just for or against whatever the party decides is the position du jour.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - OptimisticOwl - 01-16-2022 10:19 AM

SNL spoof of Biden…

…making excuses. I bet that conservatives will laugh more than people who voted for him.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - OptimisticOwl - 01-16-2022 12:09 PM

What are the “voting rights” that Democrats are fighting for? Watching Clyburn this morning, he keeps going back to bottles of water.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - tanqtonic - 01-16-2022 07:58 PM

What is awesome with this administration is highlighted by differences in the responses by the DOJ and the FBI in these two incidents.

Parents at school board meetings are instantly labeled domestic terrorists in writing on official DOJ letterhead.

Armed guy takes Jewish hostages at synagogue during religious services demanding the release of an anti-Semitic convicted terrorist is a mystery they can't solve.

The man holding a rabbi and other Jews hostage was a Pakistani. He was demanding the release of Aafia Siddiqui, who is currently in prison for trying to kill US military personnel. The Islamist community has made the terrorist a living martyr (see the multiple rallies hosted by CAIR seeking her freedom).

Are you fing kidding me? I mean, this level of gaslighting is asinine. it is interesting to see the level of gaslighting when the political narrative doesnt fit for the Democrats. James Hodgkinsin, the Waukesha shooter, Rittenhouse, and now this dude who seemingly 'doesnt have a motive'.

Yet somehow a guy in antler horns running around in the Capitol is a spinning frenzy for law enforcement purposes for a year and counting.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - RiceLad15 - 01-16-2022 08:17 PM

(01-16-2022 07:58 PM)tanqtonic Wrote:  What is awesome with this administration is highlighted by differences in the responses by the DOJ and the FBI in these two incidents.

Parents at school board meetings are instantly labeled domestic terrorists in writing on official DOJ letterhead.

Armed guy takes Jewish hostages at synagogue during religious services demanding the release of an anti-Semitic convicted terrorist is a mystery they can't solve.

The man holding a rabbi and other Jews hostage was a Pakistani. He was demanding the release of Aafia Siddiqui, who is currently in prison for trying to kill US military personnel. The Islamist community has made the terrorist a living martyr (see the multiple rallies hosted by CAIR seeking her freedom).

Are you fing kidding me? I mean, this level of gaslighting is asinine. it is interesting to see the level of gaslighting when the political narrative doesnt fit for the Democrats. James Hodgkinsin, the Waukesha shooter, Rittenhouse, and now this dude who seemingly 'doesnt have a motive'.

Yet somehow a guy in antler horns running around in the Capitol is a spinning frenzy for law enforcement purposes for a year and counting.

Quote: President Biden on Sunday called the hostage situation at a Texas synagogue on Saturday an "act of terror."

"This was an act of terror," Biden told reporters. "This was an act of terror [that] was not only related to someone who had been arrested I might add 15 years ago and had been in jail for 10 years."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/administration/589954-biden-labels-texas-synagogue-hostage-taking-an-act-of-terror%3Famp

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - tanqtonic - 01-16-2022 08:46 PM

(01-16-2022 08:17 PM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  
(01-16-2022 07:58 PM)tanqtonic Wrote:  What is awesome with this administration is highlighted by differences in the responses by the DOJ and the FBI in these two incidents.

Quote: President Biden on Sunday called the hostage situation at a Texas synagogue on Saturday an "act of terror."

"This was an act of terror," Biden told reporters. "This was an act of terror [that] was not only related to someone who had been arrested I might add 15 years ago and had been in jail for 10 years."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/administration/589954-biden-labels-texas-synagogue-hostage-taking-an-act-of-terror%3Famp

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1482567684315398146

The AP further quotes the FBI as saying they are 'continuing to work to find a motive.'

Not to be outdone, Michigan's attorney general, Democrat Dana Nessel, raised the possibility that white supremacists were at ultimate fault for the attack.

But getting back to Happy Meal -- Happy Meal noted in a statement late Saturday night that we still needed to learn the "motivations of the hostage-taker." Huh?
This is well after after the situation was already resolved, and well, well after the demands were made. I guess the demand for the release of a person known as 'Lady Al-Qaeda' really has no import on Happy Meal or on the FBI as to 'motive'.

And yes, Happy Meal did note it was an 'act of terror'. Happy Meal also made the statement in which he pledged to stand against "the rise of extremism in this country," even though the attacker was not radicalized in the United States.

Happy Meal himself cannot verbalize the motive of the hostage taker -- and vapidly moves on about the 'rise of extremism in this country'. I mean, why not take a shot at trying to write this up as some form of domestic terror when the Dementia Poster Child of 2022 cant seem to verbalize either the correct source of this terror, nor the target of the terror, nor the goal of the terror.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - Owl 69/70/75 - 01-16-2022 09:08 PM

There is a convenient bit of rhetorical sleight-of-hand going on here. A "terrorist act" is an act committed by a terrorist. The term "act of terror" says nothing about whether the perp is a terrorist or not. Obama was very shrewd about using the "act of terror" terminology, and obviously Joe was not too stupid to learn at least that little something from Obama. I want to hear a democrat characterize this as a "terrorist act." Calling it "an act of terror" is perhaps more forceful than "some people did something," but that's about as much as I will give it.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - RiceLad15 - 01-16-2022 09:16 PM

(01-16-2022 08:46 PM)tanqtonic Wrote:  

The AP further quotes the FBI as saying they are 'continuing to work to find a motive.'

Not to be outdone, Michigan's attorney general, Democrat Dana Nessel, raised the possibility that white supremacists were at ultimate fault for the attack.

But getting back to Happy Meal -- Happy Meal noted in a statement late Saturday night that we still needed to learn the "motivations of the hostage-taker." Huh?
This is well after after the situation was already resolved, and well, well after the demands were made. I guess the demand for the release of a person known as 'Lady Al-Qaeda' really has no import on Happy Meal or on the FBI as to 'motive'.

And yes, Happy Meal did note it was an 'act of terror'. Happy Meal also made the statement in which he pledged to stand against "the rise of extremism in this country," even though the attacker was not radicalized in the United States.

Happy Meal himself cannot verbalize the motive of the hostage taker -- and vapidly moves on about the 'rise of extremism in this country'. I mean, why not take a shot at trying to write this up as some form of domestic terror when the Dementia Poster Child of 2022 cant seem to verbalize either the correct source of this terror, nor the target of the terror, nor the goal of the terror.

This post reads exactly like this article I just read… interesting.

https://freebeacon.com/democrats/michigans-dana-nessel-speculated-white-supremacy-to-blame-for-texas-synagogue-terrorist-attack/

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - tanqtonic - 01-17-2022 10:02 AM

(01-16-2022 09:16 PM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  

https://freebeacon.com/democrats/michigans-dana-nessel-speculated-white-supremacy-to-blame-for-texas-synagogue-terrorist-attack/

I think the points are pretty good. What do you think about Biden's rather vague hand wavey language? You seem to to chalk it up as the end all and be all for the subject.

I mean, Biden went out of his way to label Rittenhouse a white supremacist, and here, he can only make vague statements about terror and only obliquely imply about the issue of 'domestic terror'. Quick on the trigger to blame domestic terror (falsely), and here simply waxes stupidly about a general 'act of terror' and tries to shoehorn a thing about domestic terror into the conversation.

But I guess Happy Meal's hand waving and avoiding the real issue and subtly denoting 'domestic terrorism' is pretty solid for you?

Are you comfortable with that? Do you see the hand waving occurring? Do you care?

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - tanqtonic - 01-17-2022 10:14 AM

(01-16-2022 09:08 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  

There is a convenient bit of rhetorical sleight-of-hand going on here. A "terrorist act" is an act committed by a terrorist. The term "act of terror" says nothing about whether the perp is a terrorist or not. Obama was very shrewd about using the "act of terror" terminology, and obviously Joe was not too stupid to learn at least that little something from Obama. I want to hear a democrat characterize this as a "terrorist act." Calling it "an act of terror" is perhaps more forceful than "some people did something," but that's about as much as I will give it.

What is even more troubling is that Biden went out of his way to label Rittenhouse a white supremacist --- literally within days of the incident. As have many Democratic politicians since then.

And many other Democratic figures even to the day of his acquittal characterize Rittenhouse as shooting blacks.

And here, we have the **** language you note above. In addition we have *zero* comment on the source of the terror (i.e. Islamic), the goal of the terror (release of a true terrorist shitbird), and on the identity of the terrorist.

In its stead, we have some Democratic politicians citing concerns about white supremacy, and the leader making a mealy mouth broad statement about an 'act of terror', and at the same time try to tie in 'domestic terrorism' in the same statement to this act.

And the faithful seem to slurp it down unabashedly.

Notwithstanding Happy Meal's prior acts of (mis)labeling.

Taken with his speech in Georgia last week where he pretty much compared anyone who opposed the crap bucket of Democratic voter fraud enablement act as literally equivalent to segregationists, I think the whole of the statements emanating from the Democratic party is pretty fing sick.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - RiceLad15 - 01-17-2022 10:38 AM

(01-17-2022 10:02 AM)tanqtonic Wrote:  

I think the points are pretty good. What do you think about Biden's rather vague hand wavey language? You seem to to chalk it up as the end all and be all for the subject.

I mean, Biden went out of his way to label Rittenhouse a white supremacist, and here, he can only make vague statements about terror and only obliquely imply about the issue of 'domestic terror'. Quick on the trigger to blame domestic terror (falsely), and here simply waxes stupidly about a general 'act of terror' and tries to shoehorn a thing about domestic terror into the conversation.

But I guess Happy Meal's hand waving and avoiding the real issue and subtly denoting 'domestic terrorism' is pretty solid for you?

Are you comfortable with that? Do you see the hand waving occurring? Do you care?

Biden made a mistake in speaking about Rhittenhouse well before he had the facts and stepped in it.

I guess you like that approach as it seems, in this instance, you would have preferred he label it an act of terror (or terrorism or whatever) off the bat?

Or would you prefer he wait, like he should have done with Rhittenhouse?

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - tanqtonic - 01-17-2022 11:10 AM

(01-17-2022 10:38 AM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  
(01-16-2022 08:17 PM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/administration/589954-biden-labels-texas-synagogue-hostage-taking-an-act-of-terror%3Famp

Biden made a mistake in speaking about Rhittenhouse well before he had the facts and stepped in it.

I guess you like that approach as it seems, in this instance, you would have preferred he label it an act of terror (or terrorism or whatever) off the bat?

I would prefer that the Dementia weekly poster child not try and label or insinuate that everything under the sun is the result of 'domestic terrorism' or 'white supremacists', as he is seemingly wont to do. Same applies to his comments equating anyone opposing the 'Democratic standardization of emphasizing efforts that will make it easier to commit fraud in elections' that they are highlighting as an acolyte of Jefferson Davis, or being equivalent to Bull Connor (as Happy Meal did expressly not that long ago)

But given that that topic will seemingly be the Democratic election platform, I can understand the crass reluctance.

Given this guy's explicit demands, and given his explicit targets, I would think that labeling it an 'Islamic terrorist act' or an 'anti-Semitic terrorist act' seemed appropriate. But those are terms that are apparently verbotten to the progressive wing of the Democratic party (that is, almost the entirety of the party) and probably wont be verbalized.

And instead, we see the shitbird attempts to implicate this on 'domestic terror'.

Too bad this, and the Waukesha killings didnt fit the acceptable 'terror act de jure' that can be verbalized by the Democratic party for the most part. This one didnt get smothered like Waukesha, so the next best thing for a Democrat to do is broadly peak about 'an act of terror', and maybe stretch it to try and implicate 'radicalized domestic terrorists'.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - tanqtonic - 01-17-2022 11:19 AM

As another noted:

Quote:If you oppose Biden's legislative agenda you're a racist, a slaver, and a segregationist, but if you take a synagogue hostage on shabbat while screaming anti-Semitic jihadist slogans and demanding the release of 'Lady Al-Quada' Biden isn't sure what to call you.

I would add if a white person shoots white rioters assaulting them, Happy Meal has zero problem immediately labeling you a white supremacist to boot.

So yes, there seems to be an underlying issue, perhaps several, at play.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - RiceLad15 - 01-17-2022 11:52 AM

(01-17-2022 11:10 AM)tanqtonic Wrote:  
(01-16-2022 08:46 PM)tanqtonic Wrote:  https://twitter.com/AP/status/1482567684315398146

I would prefer that the Dementia weekly poster child not try and label or insinuate that everything under the sun is the result of 'domestic terrorism' or 'white supremacists', as he is seemingly wont to do. Same applies to his comments equating anyone opposing the 'Democratic standardization of emphasizing efforts that will make it easier to commit fraud in elections' that they are highlighting as an acolyte of Jefferson Davis, or being equivalent to Bull Connor (as Happy Meal did expressly not that long ago)

But given that that topic will seemingly be the Democratic election platform, I can understand the crass reluctance.

Given this guy's explicit demands, and given his explicit targets, I would think that labeling it an 'Islamic terrorist act' or an 'anti-Semitic terrorist act' seemed appropriate. But those are terms that are apparently verbotten to the progressive wing of the Democratic party (that is, almost the entirety of the party) and probably wont be verbalized.

And instead, we see the shitbird attempts to implicate this on 'domestic terror'.

Too bad this, and the Waukesha killings didnt fit the acceptable 'terror act de jure' that can be verbalized by the Democratic party for the most part. This one didnt get smothered like Waukesha, so the next best thing for a Democrat to do is broadly peak about 'an act of terror', and maybe stretch it to try and implicate 'radicalized domestic terrorists'.

Ah, so in this instance you want him to wade in with the broad label right at the time of the incident. If he's going to make a mistake once, he might as well double down and keep making it!

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - OptimisticOwl - 01-17-2022 12:02 PM

There does seem to currently be a trend in the Democratic party* to label things as white supremacy and people as white supremacists at the drop of a hat. Seems to be the fashionable accusation these days, which seems strange to me as there are so few white supremacists these days. Way more people in the Woodmen of the World Lodge than in the KKK.

But it seems to gin up the base to keep hollering Wolf.

As for terrorist acts, I will pay more attention when they start labeling the BLM riots as acts of terrorism. I would certainly be terrified if I was in the middle of one of them. I thought terrifying people in order to reach a political goal would qualify. But apparently not for the Democrats.

* Not our resident low level Democrats, but the party leadership and straight ticket voters who hang on their words. Not going to blame the waterboys for the things the coaching staff says.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - Rice93 - 01-17-2022 12:15 PM

(01-17-2022 12:02 PM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  There does seem to currently be a trend in the Democratic party* to label things as white supremacy and people as white supremacists at the drop of a hat. Seems to be the fashionable accusation these days, which seems strange to me as there are so few white supremacists these days. Way more people in the Woodmen of the World Lodge than in the KKK.

As for terrorist acts, I will pay more attention when they start labeling the BLM riots as acts of terrorism. I would certainly be terrified if I was in the middle of one of them. I thought terrifying people in order to reach a political goal would qualify. But apparently not for the Democrats.

* Not our resident low level Democrats, but the party leadership and straight ticket voters who hang on their words. Not going to blame the waterboys for the things the coaching staff says.

I'm not sure the bolded is correct. There are definitely a bunch of groups out there - the accelerationists they have been called. These are groups that want the **** to hit the fan in general so that they can use the upheaval to move towards a territory inhabited by white people.

Not sure about the numbers. Perhaps they are pretty limited but it seems that we narrowly avoided an epic ****-show in Virginia that time that the governor shut down the gun-rights rally. It seems that many of these groups were targeting that gun rally as a chance to really stir things up.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - Rice93 - 01-17-2022 12:17 PM

(01-17-2022 11:52 AM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  
(01-17-2022 11:10 AM)tanqtonic Wrote:  
(01-16-2022 09:16 PM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  This post reads exactly like this article I just read… interesting.

Ah, so in this instance you want him to wade in with the broad label right at the time of the incident. If he's going to make a mistake once, he might as well double down and keep making it!

This seems to be a clear-cut case of Islamic terrorism and I don't have a problem with it being labelled as such. I also agree that Biden is correct in not making far-reaching statements on the day of the incident and giving it some time for the dust to settle and all the information to come in (exactly what Tanq demanded previously as Lad noted).

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - OptimisticOwl - 01-17-2022 12:38 PM

(01-17-2022 12:15 PM)Rice93 Wrote:  
(01-17-2022 12:02 PM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  There does seem to currently be a trend in the Democratic party* to label things as white supremacy and people as white supremacists at the drop of a hat. Seems to be the fashionable accusation these days, which seems strange to me as there are so few white supremacists these days. Way more people in the Woodmen of the World Lodge than in the KKK.

I'm not sure the bolded is correct. There are definitely a bunch of groups out there - the accelerationists they have been called. These are groups that want the **** to hit the fan in general so that they can use the upheaval to move towards a territory inhabited by white people.

Not sure about the numbers. Perhaps they are pretty limited but it seems that we narrowly avoided an epic ****-show in Virginia that time that the governor shut down the gun-rights rally. It seems that many of these groups were targeting that gun rally as a chance to really stir things up.

Well, I live in a very red area in a red state. No evidence of the existence of these "accelerationists" here. Not one Republican/conservative I know or know of wants a segregated state. Where/how did you hear about them? I'll wager it was from left-wing sources. If you want your kids to be afraid of the bogey men, you have to inform them of the danger from the bogey men.

You are the first and still the only person I have ever heard mention "accelerationists". Sounds like conspiracy theory to me.

Don't know what gun rights rally you are speaking of, but rallies, meetings, and protests of all kinds are ripe grounds for fomenting unrest and recruiting followers - Seattle riots are a case in point.

Only protest I ever observed (did not participate) involved students marching quietly in circle around the Quad, carrying signs protesting the Vietnam war. I guess we could say that Leninists were there to get recruits - maybe they were.

Bottom line - I think there are few white supremacists left, and even fewer that are militant, and even fewer that are are influential beyond the the bounds of Sleepy Hollow, Ky.

It is a bogey man meant to scare people that KKK still rides and black people cannot sit in the front of the bus. Very 1925ish.

But whether of not you can find 5 or 50 people who think that way is not the point. The point is that the Democratic Party is pointing fingers wholesale and making accusations based on nothing. Very McCarthyish.

On the specific issue of the Voting Rights Act they pushing with the shrill cries of "white Supremacy", I see no evidence that blacks are discriminated against to any great deal. They keep crying about water in line, but wasn't the water thing about everybody? They cry about reducing the voting collection sites, but in effect aren't they saying that black voters will not make the effort to drive a few extra miles? They complain about voter ID, but how is that racially suppressive? Everybody needs ID all the time. My sister had to present ID at the ER Saturday. Everybody does.

It is a Democratically created problem, and they have appointed themselves to solve the made-up problem, and get votes in the process.