CSNbbs
Biden-Harris Administration - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: Rice (/forum-444.html)
+------ Forum: Kent Rowald Memorial Quad (/forum-660.html)
+------ Thread: Biden-Harris Administration (/thread-911381.html)

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - OptimisticOwl - 08-31-2021 03:08 PM

Watched a bit of Biden's speech. Disgusting. He must have longer arms than Peter Gardere to pat himself on the back that way.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - tanqtonic - 08-31-2021 04:57 PM

The funny thing is that Happy Meal has *just armed* the Taliban (and perhaps terrorists associated with them) to the proverbial teeth with guns, ammo, and a whole crapload more of heavier use military equipment.

And concurrently he is trying to *disarm* people in the United States.

It is so fing stupid I could laugh.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - OptimisticOwl - 08-31-2021 05:29 PM

(08-31-2021 04:57 PM)tanqtonic Wrote:  The funny thing is that Happy Meal has *just armed* the Taliban (and perhaps terrorists associated with them) to the proverbial teeth with guns, ammo, and a whole crapload more of heavier use military equipment.

And concurrently he is trying to *disarm* people in the United States.

It is so fing stupid I could laugh.

If you don't laugh, you have to cry.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - OptimisticOwl - 08-31-2021 06:52 PM

And to think, it was the Biden voters who thought Trump's ego was too big.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - OptimisticOwl - 08-31-2021 09:07 PM

Harris

Giffen worries Harris’ political growth has been stymied by a series of no-win assignments from President Biden and that Harris cannot overcome the country’s sexism.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - georgewebb - 08-31-2021 09:23 PM

(08-31-2021 09:07 PM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  Harris

Giffen worries Harris’ political growth has been stymied by a series of no-win assignments from President Biden and that Harris cannot overcome the country’s sexism.

The methodology of the "survey" was less than robust:
Quote:Interviews in downtown plazas and suburban strip malls with more than two dozen voters in Philadelphia and Bucks County, Pa...

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - OptimisticOwl - 08-31-2021 11:24 PM

(08-31-2021 09:23 PM)georgewebb Wrote:  
(08-31-2021 09:07 PM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  Harris

The methodology of the "survey" was less than robust:
Quote:Interviews in downtown plazas and suburban strip malls with more than two dozen voters in Philadelphia and Bucks County, Pa...

Yeah, not very scientific, but it was interesting to hear the viewpoints of the individuals questioned. And it does seem that Biden supporters were well represented within the two dozen. It's not like they polled a GOP precinct meeting.

It does seem to me she is the invisible VP. Whether this is the design of the handlers from the party, or of Biden, hard to say. But at this point, it seems the biggest impediment to 25ing Biden is the lack of a groundswell for Harris.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - OptimisticOwl - 09-01-2021 04:31 PM

Biden barking

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - GoodOwl - 09-01-2021 10:20 PM

(09-01-2021 04:31 PM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  Biden barking

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - OptimisticOwl - 09-02-2021 09:40 AM

Victory parade for Biden

But we were on time.

Nothing shameful here.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - OptimisticOwl - 09-02-2021 09:42 AM

TV anchor

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - OptimisticOwl - 09-02-2021 09:58 AM

Where's Waldo?

Harris relegated to the role of professional tie-breaker.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - tanqtonic - 09-03-2021 08:03 AM

Who else noticed the item on Happy Meal's phone call to the president of Afghanistan on July 23, in which our Sundowner in Chief repeatedly pressured Ghani to "project a different picture" of the unfolding disaster in Afghanistan "whether it is true or not" in order to "change [the] perception" that a Taliban takeover was imminent?

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - tanqtonic - 09-03-2021 08:39 AM

Happy Meal has announced that he intends to bring the full weight of the federal government against Texas and the fetal heartbeat law.

Apparently Happy Meal will fight Texas far harder than he fought the Taliban.

He will fight Texas harder than human traffickers and the surge at the border.

He will fight Texas harder than his fight for energy independence.

Interesting priorities.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - OptimisticOwl - 09-03-2021 09:40 AM

(09-03-2021 08:39 AM)tanqtonic Wrote:  Happy Meal has announced that he intends to bring the full weight of the federal government against Texas and the fetal heartbeat law.

Interesting priorities.

Interesting perspective when one sees conservative Americans as a bigger threat than terroristic Islamists. Unfortunately, Biden is not alone in this view - I think half his party or more agrees.

Looks like the plan is to subvert the checks and balances in the Constitution - the Constitution itself - and move ahead on their agenda without the Supreme Court in the way. judiciary committee

I think the limited numbers of liberals here see that Biden is a disaster and an embarrassment to their party and this nation. Look at the lack of defense of him and his policies being put up by them.

But that doesn't mean they wouldn't vote for him again.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - RiceLad15 - 09-03-2021 11:03 AM

(09-03-2021 09:40 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  
(09-03-2021 08:39 AM)tanqtonic Wrote:  Happy Meal has announced that he intends to bring the full weight of the federal government against Texas and the fetal heartbeat law.

Interesting priorities.

Interesting perspective when one sees conservative Americans as a bigger threat than terroristic Islamists. Unfortunately, Biden is not alone in this view - I think half his party or more agrees.

Looks like the plan is to subvert the checks and balances in the Constitution - the Constitution itself - and move ahead on their agenda without the Supreme Court in the way. judiciary committee

I think the limited numbers of liberals here see that Biden is a disaster and an embarrassment to their party and this nation. Look at the lack of defense of him and his policies being put up by them.

At the moment, I don't think he is a disaster or embarrassment to the party. Could the Afghanistan withdrawal gone better? Absolutely. But from a domestic stand point, the likely passing of the infrastructure bill is gigantic. We've delayed investing in our domestic infrastructure for far too long.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - OptimisticOwl - 09-03-2021 11:58 AM

(09-03-2021 11:03 AM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  

Interesting priorities.

At the moment, I don't think he is a disaster or embarrassment to the party. Could the Afghanistan withdrawal gone better? Absolutely. But from a domestic stand point, the likely passing of the infrastructure bill is gigantic. We've delayed investing in our domestic infrastructure for far too long.

could 9-11 have gone better? Could the Iran hostage crisis have gone better? Could the Watergate break-in have gone better? Could Katrina have gone better?
Strange way to defend an absolute disaster, both in human terms and in PR terms.

If the party is so proud of what he did and how he did it, then it must be a myth that they are worried about the effect on the midterms, and so many Dems up for re-election are positioning themselves away from it.

21% of Democrats want their vote back

The domestic infrastructure bill is another disaster unfolding, although it will be slower. The inflationary impact is tremendous, and the impacts of the tax increases needed to partially fund it will be tremendous. I agree we need to take care of our bridges and highways, but what about all the other stuff?

Still, nice to find somebody who voted Biden who isn't embarrassed...yet.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - tanqtonic - 09-03-2021 12:35 PM

The era of Biden foreign policy.

They are openly telling Kerry that the U.S. won’t get any Chinese cooperation on climate change unless the U.S. backs off pressuring China on other issues, such as trade, human rights, etc.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/china-warns-kerry-climate-cooperation-depends-on-overall-ties-11630602892?mod=lead_feature_below_a_pos1

Quote:On Thursday, Yang Jiechi, leader Xi Jinping’s top foreign-policy aide, told Mr. Kerry in a video call that the U.S. had interfered in China’s internal affairs and harmed its interests, causing difficulties in the bilateral relationship.

A day earlier, China’s foreign minister, Wang Yi, while describing climate-change cooperation as an oasis in the desert, said that “cooperation on climate change cannot be divorced from the overall situation of China-U.S. relations."

Based on the myopia of how Democrats are on climate change, I wouldnt be surprised with a big, significant cave to Winnie the Poo.

And since China’s climate pledges always Wimpy's ongoing pledges of 'I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today' (that is the J. Wellington Wimpy world of economics), they probably wont actually have to do anything for the duration of the Harris-Biden administration.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - RiceLad15 - 09-03-2021 12:52 PM

(09-03-2021 11:58 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  
(09-03-2021 11:03 AM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  

Interesting priorities.

could 9-11 have gone better? Could the Iran hostage crisis have gone better? Could the Watergate break-in have gone better? Could Katrina have gone better?
Strange way to defend an absolute disaster, both in human terms and in PR terms.

If the party is so proud of what he did and how he did it, then it must be a myth that they are worried about the effect on the midterms, and so many Dems up for re-election are positioning themselves away from it.

21% of Democrats want their vote back

The domestic infrastructure bill is another disaster unfolding, although it will be slower. The inflationary impact is tremendous, and the impacts of the tax increases needed to partially fund it will be tremendous. I agree we need to take care of our bridges and highways, but what about all the other stuff?

Still, nice to find somebody who voted Biden who isn't embarrassed...yet.

Not defending it - but I don’t think it’s such a bad mistake that it has doomed/damned his entire presidency. Stain? Absolutely.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - tanqtonic - 09-03-2021 01:25 PM

I'm still askance at the party of 'My body, my choice'.

That is yelled loudly at the topic of abortion from that quarter.

But, when it comes to the issue of vaccines, they simply demand that everyone do so.

I think that concern over the dictates of individual conscience on one hand while roundly decrying that in the other is pretty funny.

It is seemingly the position of the left that the government *does* get to decide what you do with your body after all. Except, for those decisions that it cannot.