CSNbbs
Biden-Harris Administration - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: Rice (/forum-444.html)
+------ Forum: Kent Rowald Memorial Quad (/forum-660.html)
+------ Thread: Biden-Harris Administration (/thread-911381.html)

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - OptimisticOwl - 08-20-2021 11:04 PM

I guess they didn’t tweet the list

But Twitter would probably still be OK with it.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - OptimisticOwl - 08-20-2021 11:09 PM

Anybody else think the Taliban takeover of Kabul has all the earmarks of a “mostly peaceful protest”?

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - MerseyOwl - 08-21-2021 03:58 AM

I believe we've pretty much breached Godwin's Law so I have a question:

As an art aficionado and dog lover, if Adolf stuck to those two topics, would he have been allowed on Twitter if it existed in the 1940s?

(Sometimes I think people don't understand what propaganda is or how it is used.)

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - OptimisticOwl - 08-21-2021 09:23 AM

(08-21-2021 03:58 AM)MerseyOwl Wrote:  I believe we've pretty much breached Godwin's Law so I have a question:

As an art aficionado and dog lover, if Adolf stuck to those two topics, would he have been allowed on Twitter if it existed in the 1940s?

(Sometimes I think people don't understand what propaganda is or how it is used.)

If Twitter had been pro-Hitler, certainly.

If Twitter had been anti-Hitler, they would have interpreted those dog tweets are inciting to violence and given him a lifetime ban.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - tanqtonic - 08-21-2021 10:12 AM

Perhaps Kabul is Slow Joe's Dumbkirk

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - georgewebb - 08-21-2021 11:12 AM

(08-21-2021 10:12 AM)tanqtonic Wrote:  Perhaps Kabul is Slow Joe's Dumbkirk

Certainly no one would assign to it the attributes of a victory...

Wars are still not won by evacuations.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - tanqtonic - 08-21-2021 11:55 AM

Persons on the left --- honest question here.

I know that I have been negative on Joe Biden for, well, at least in lad's case, probably much of lad's life.

I thought 35 years ago that Joe Biden was a stupid, incompetent person.

Given that, that is my own recognized bias, is it obvious to you all that Biden is losing his faculties? Or do you think the blank stares, stammering, and unable to remember items is normal?

I have ripped on Joe here for awhile, because, imo of course, Joe has a baseline of being an idiot. But to me, Joe's mental abilities and faculties have shown a startling clear decline from even when he started his run to the Presidency.

I am *not* asking you about your opinion on his baseline, but is the mental deterioration noticeable to you? Are you worried about it?

I am deeply worried about what it means and might portend.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - OptimisticOwl - 08-21-2021 12:17 PM

Tanq, you didn’t ask me, but I think the leftists don’t care much if he is bat **** crazy. In fact, it works toward their secondary goal. The primary goal was to beat Trump. Mission accomplished.

The secondary goal was to put a Progressive in the WH. Well on the way.

Afghanistan, all those lives…collateral damage.

But you are asking the wrong people. The ones here are just soldier ants, not movers and shakers.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - tanqtonic - 08-21-2021 12:21 PM

(08-21-2021 12:17 PM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  Tanq, you didn’t ask me, but I think the leftists don’t care much if he is bat **** crazy. In fact, it works toward their secondary goal. The primary goal was to beat Trump. Mission accomplished.

But you are asking the wrong people. The ones here are just soldier ants, not movers and shakers.

Biden's status seems plainly obvious to me --- as it does to many or most people who did not vote for him.

I am asking to see if the viewpoint is a political one in nature.

I mean, even though I voted for Trump, I am well aware of his very serious shortcomings as a person. To the point that I would have voted for literally almost anyone else with the R nomination. And perhaps a D or two.

There are a few people I know that voted for Trump and insist, to this day even, that Trump is a fine person -- that most of the back issues really dont exist. My viewpoint of their 'wool over the eyes' scale is pretty high, I think that is blindingly obvious and I dont (and didnt) feel the need to run from it.

Had trump won, I actually would have felt kind of soiled and used for ahving voted him in. But the combination of Joe, and his very real mental decline, and the obvious ploy to Trojan Horse a progressive under the 25th led me to hold my nose and vote for Trump.

The issue I am wondering is if that mode is mirrored on the left. Or is the mental decline simply a figment of the imagination of ours, and no need to be worried, or for matter, share any regret if it was known and the voted for him nonetheless.

I have noticed there is *zero* pushback on the question of competency or failing mental faculties from those on the left here. Maybe the just accept it and move on to other issues? I dont know.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - OptimisticOwl - 08-21-2021 12:22 PM

(08-21-2021 12:21 PM)tanqtonic Wrote:  
(08-21-2021 12:17 PM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  Tanq, you didn’t ask me, but I think the leftists don’t care much if he is bat **** crazy. In fact, it works toward their secondary goal. The primary goal was to beat Trump. Mission accomplished.

Biden's status seems plainly obvious to me --- as it does to many or most people who did not vote for him.

I am asking to see if the viewpoint is a political one in nature.

I think it was evident to people who voted for him. They voted for him anyway. I do wonder if the Afghanistan debacle is more than they bargained for. The Border Crisis was not.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - OptimisticOwl - 08-21-2021 01:26 PM

(08-21-2021 12:21 PM)tanqtonic Wrote:  I mean, even though I voted for Trump, I am well aware of his very serious shortcomings as a person. To the point that I would have voted for literally almost anyone else with the R nomination. And perhaps a D or two.

I did vote for Trump in 2020. I felt like he was doing the things that were important to me, and doing them well.

I thought Biden was one of the lesser evils the Dems could nominate. But I did wonder who would be pulling his strings. Apparently it is not his military advisors. I have heard Susan Rice.

I would vote for Manchin. Like there is snowball's chance in hell the Dems would nominate him.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - Owl 69/70/75 - 08-21-2021 01:56 PM

(08-21-2021 01:26 PM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  I did vote for Trump in 2020. I felt like he was doing the things that were important to me, and doing them well.
I thought Biden was one of the lesser evils the Dems could nominate. But I did wonder who would be pulling his strings. Apparently it is not his military advisors. I haver heard Susan Rice.
I would vote for Manchin. Like there is snowball's chance in hell the Dems would nominate him.

About the same here.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - OptimisticOwl - 08-21-2021 03:28 PM

(08-21-2021 11:55 AM)tanqtonic Wrote:  Persons on the left --- honest question here.

I know that I have been negative on Joe Biden for, well, at least in lad's case, probably much of lad's life.

I thought 35 years ago that Joe Biden was a stupid, incompetent person.

Given that, that is my own recognized bias, is it obvious to you all that Biden is losing his faculties? Or do you think the blank stares, stammering, and unable to remember items is normal?

I have ripped on Joe here for awhile, because, imo of course, Joe has a baseline of being an idiot. But to me, Joe's mental abilities and faculties have shown a startling clear decline from even when he started his run to the Presidency.

I am *not* asking you about your opinion on his baseline, but is the mental deterioration noticeable to you? Are you worried about it?

I am deeply worried about what it means and might portend.

I doubt you will get an answer. But I hope you do.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - tanqtonic - 08-22-2021 02:15 AM

British Parliament Holds Biden in Contempt for Afghanistan

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - OptimisticOwl - 08-22-2021 10:21 AM

(08-22-2021 02:15 AM)tanqtonic Wrote:  British Parliament Holds Biden in Contempt for Afghanistan

The MP served in Afghanistan.

My feelings are of dismay and pity.

I notice nobody, left or right, here has moved to defend Biden.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - tanqtonic - 08-22-2021 10:30 AM

No one, left that is, has answered my question on the cognitive decline either.

i was hoping for a deep, incisive comment from Interested. Maybe I shouldnt.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - OptimisticOwl - 08-22-2021 12:51 PM

(08-22-2021 10:30 AM)tanqtonic Wrote:  No one, left that is, has answered my question on the cognitive decline either.

i was hoping for a deep, incisive comment from Interested. Maybe I shouldnt.

Terry Moran just said on ABC’s THIS WEEK that President Biden seems adrift from the facts.

NPR lady said he is showing a separation from the facts.

WashPo reporter thinks the Admin was lulled into a sense of complacency.

Moran: Biden is not taking responsibility

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - OptimisticOwl - 08-22-2021 01:26 PM

Blinken confronted

Good example of how truth is arrived at when the interviewer insists on answers.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - Owl 69/70/75 - 08-22-2021 01:33 PM

So we have Winken (Harris, who winks at all her past indiscretions), Blinken, and Nod (Biden a threat to nod off at any minute) in charge.

RE: Biden-Harris Administration - OptimisticOwl - 08-22-2021 03:46 PM

(08-22-2021 01:33 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  So we have Winken (Harris, who winks at all her past indiscretions), Blinken, and Nod (Biden a threat to nod off at any minute) in charge.

Where is Wink, anyway?