CSNbbs
Miami Dolphins waive RB Jordan Howard in 'mutual parting' - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: Miami Dolphins waive RB Jordan Howard in 'mutual parting' (/thread-910811.html)

Miami Dolphins waive RB Jordan Howard in 'mutual parting' - blazerjay - 11-16-2020 04:17 PM

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30331260/miami-dolphins-waive-rb-jordan-howard-mutual-parting

Quote: The Miami Dolphins waived running Jordan Howard on Monday in what coach Brian Flores called a "mutual parting."

Howard, who signed a two-year, $9.75 million deal with $4.75 million guaranteed in March, has been a free-agent disappointment for Miami. He will go on waivers; Howard, and the rest of his prorated $1.75 million salary, will be up for grabs for anyone to claim.

https://www.al.com/sports/2020/11/miami-dolphins-release-former-uab-star.html

RE: Miami Dolphins waive RB Jordan Howard in 'mutual parting' - Blazer Engineer - 11-16-2020 04:20 PM

I really hated it. Just didnt work out.

RE: Miami Dolphins waive RB Jordan Howard in 'mutual parting' - bftb - 11-17-2020 01:19 PM

There are a lot of teams in desperate need of a healthy running back, as my fantasy team can testify, so he definitely has a chance to catch on somewhere. Of course, his numbers in Miami were very bad--with 28 carries for 33 yards this season. But he's still young, and I hope he finds a new team.

RE: Miami Dolphins waive RB Jordan Howard in 'mutual parting' - BlazerFromMD - 11-17-2020 05:39 PM

The Dolphins haven't been able to run block for a number of years. I don't recall a consistently "successful" RB since Ricky Williams.

RE: Miami Dolphins waive RB Jordan Howard in 'mutual parting' - blazers9911 - 11-17-2020 06:16 PM

Ajayi, Miller, and bush all had decent years in between there; especially ajayi, but point taken.

Howard is now not young by nfl running back standards, and has not been good in quite some time. Maybe he can find a good situational spot, and extend his career another 3-4 years.

RE: Miami Dolphins waive RB Jordan Howard in 'mutual parting' - Blazer Engineer - 11-17-2020 07:34 PM

(11-17-2020 05:39 PM)BlazerFromMD Wrote:  The Dolphins haven't been able to run block for a number of years. I don't recall a consistently "successful" RB since Ricky Williams.
Pass blocking is much improved, but run blocking not so much. I expect the development of Hunt (laTech), Jackson and Kindley (Ga), all rookies, to improve the run game. Kindley and Hunt are maulers, they need some time to adjust to the pro game.

RE: Miami Dolphins waive RB Jordan Howard in 'mutual parting' - Blazer4Life14 - 11-18-2020 12:45 AM

(11-17-2020 07:34 PM)Blazer Engineer Wrote:  
(11-17-2020 05:39 PM)BlazerFromMD Wrote:  The Dolphins haven't been able to run block for a number of years. I don't recall a consistently "successful" RB since Ricky Williams.
Pass blocking is much improved, but run blocking not so much. I expect the development of Hunt (laTech), Jackson and Kindley (Ga), all rookies, to improve the run game. Kindley and Hunt are maulers, they need some time to adjust to the pro game.

Eh, I think Howard is just slow. While it may not be elite, the O-Line has done fine in both run and pass protection. Hell, that undrafted rookie had like 20 carries and averaged 4+ yds on Sunday. Howard just doesn’t have any speed, evidenced by his 1 yd per carry average. Hopefully he goes back to Philly, he had some success there previously.

RE: Miami Dolphins waive RB Jordan Howard in 'mutual parting' - blazerjay - 11-18-2020 02:20 PM

He just cleared waivers. He is now free to sign with any team as an unrestricted free agent.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/17/jordan-howard-clears-waivers/

RE: Miami Dolphins waive RB Jordan Howard in 'mutual parting' - Blazer Engineer - 11-18-2020 03:26 PM

(11-18-2020 12:45 AM)Blazer4Life14 Wrote:  
(11-17-2020 07:34 PM)Blazer Engineer Wrote:  

Eh, I think Howard is just slow. While it may not be elite, the O-Line has done fine in both run and pass protection. Hell, that undrafted rookie had like 20 carries and averaged 4+ yds on Sunday. Howard just doesn’t have any speed, evidenced by his 1 yd per carry average. Hopefully he goes back to Philly, he had some success there previously.

From the couple of games ive seen he does look slow. He still has power, but when hes in the game they KNOW its a power run. There was a rumor early on that he was still recovering from an injury.

RE: Miami Dolphins waive RB Jordan Howard in 'mutual parting' - WesternBlazer - 11-19-2020 07:16 PM

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet
·2h
The #Eagles are bringing in RB Jordan Howard for a visit, per the wire. That would make some sense.

RE: Miami Dolphins waive RB Jordan Howard in 'mutual parting' - The Answer UAB - 11-19-2020 08:17 PM

Yeah he's basically a slow, power back who can't catch passes to save his life.

He was great his first couple of seasons in the league and has fallen off a cliff lately. I hope he is able to catch on somewhere and resurrect his career, but it doesn't look promising.

RE: Miami Dolphins waive RB Jordan Howard in 'mutual parting' - UAB Band Dad - 11-19-2020 08:28 PM

Enough injuries to rob him of what burst he had and he got ordinary fast. I hope he saved his money.

RE: Miami Dolphins waive RB Jordan Howard in 'mutual parting' - BlazinBham - 11-23-2020 03:31 PM

Has joined the Philadelphia Practice Squad