CSNbbs
Taylor Heinicke - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: Old Dominion (/forum-688.html)
+----- Thread: Taylor Heinicke (/thread-910065.html)

RE: Taylor Heinicke - bit_9 - 08-20-2021 08:37 PM

(08-20-2021 08:02 PM)AimHigher Wrote:  3 ODU fans getting some love during the WFT game, guy was sporting the new Jersey
Was going to come ask. Which one of yall was up at the game? :)

RE: Taylor Heinicke - ODU AGGIE - 08-20-2021 08:50 PM

Not a bad quarter of play.

SPLITS CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD INT LNG RTG
Heinicke 9 10 90.0 62 6.2 0 0 17 92.5

RE: Taylor Heinicke - Gilesfan - 08-20-2021 08:56 PM

Taylor needs to be better at ball control. Another bad throw was almost an INT. But, he was ok. He has some very high highs and very low lows. Just need to be more consisistent.

RE: Taylor Heinicke - BigBlueBobby - 08-21-2021 06:37 AM

So what did Fitzpatrick (Grizzly Adams) do that was that much better then Taylor (in either week)? Taylor brings them excitement and athleticism. Taylor needs to start and Fitz as back up. Probably won't last long based on Taylor's injury proneness but at least reward him for what he is doing.

RE: Taylor Heinicke - Chillie Willie - 08-21-2021 08:06 AM

I thought he played well. Probably better than last time. Yeah, he made a mistake on the almost interception. But then he came back with a nice throw to the corner of the end zone that the receiver almost got his hand hand in bounds. Most of his throws were spot on and he made good decisions. And his scrambling ability adds another dimension. Has he actually gotten faster?

RE: Taylor Heinicke - VB Monarch - 08-21-2021 10:06 AM

The fumble was a big ooops, thought he played pretty weel. I'd say he's a lock for back up and will push Fitz all season

RE: Taylor Heinicke - jaybird44 - 08-21-2021 11:15 AM

I definitely think taylor deserves a chance to play. You cannot watch Fitzpatrick and heineke and tell me fitz is the clear cut favorite. I might be in the minority here, but if they are equal, while fitz brings the experience ,he also brings the baggage and he does not have the mobility that heineke does. I just think we know who fitz is and we have not seen how good(ODU fans have) heinicke could be. I watched the game last night and I saw glimpses of old fitz, and I know what he brings to the table, but I do not believe we have seen heineke's ceiling and even if fitz does start, he will not be the saviour they are thinking he will be. Heineke will play and when he does, you will see the spark and we know that,don't we, ODU fans?

RE: Taylor Heinicke - Gilesfan - 08-21-2021 01:13 PM

Some are biased. Fitz is the clear starter.

RE: Taylor Heinicke - bigblueodu - 08-21-2021 03:22 PM

He is the clear starter for atleast 10 million reasons, but he hasn't been clearly better in games.

Sent from my SM-G965U using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: Taylor Heinicke - Monarchblue - 08-22-2021 09:24 AM

(08-21-2021 03:22 PM)bigblueodu Wrote:  He is the clear starter for atleast 10 million reasons, but he hasn't been clearly better in games.

This.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

RE: Taylor Heinicke - Gilesfan - 08-22-2021 02:28 PM

(08-21-2021 03:22 PM)bigblueodu Wrote:  He is the clear starter for atleast 10 million reasons, but he hasn't been clearly better in games.

Game film has only been a handful of drives (super small sample); Fitz vs starters and Heinicke vs backups. Rivera came in saying it sad a competition and reporters that followed the team has said Fitz pulled away in practice. Heinicke is more in a battle with Allen for the backup job that he is in a fight with Fitz. And I say that as the biggest Heinicke fan you can find. He just hasnt won the job.

RE: Taylor Heinicke - ODU BBALL - 08-22-2021 03:28 PM

A perspective on the Washington QB competition between Fitzpatrick & Heinicke published today -

https://truth-daily.com/5-things-to-expect-from-the-ryan-fitzpatrick-vs-taylor-heinicke-qb-fight-in-washington/

EDIT: The article makes no mention of Taylor being in a competition with Allen (or Montez) for the backup job. In fact Allen and Montez aren't even mentioned.

RE: Taylor Heinicke - Gilesfan - 08-22-2021 05:17 PM

What is that, a blog? Lol

RE: Taylor Heinicke - bigblueodu - 08-22-2021 07:42 PM

(08-22-2021 02:28 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  

Game film has only been a handful of drives (super small sample); Fitz vs starters and Heinicke vs backups. Rivera came in saying it sad a competition and reporters that followed the team has said Fitz pulled away in practice. Heinicke is more in a battle with Allen for the backup job that he is in a fight with Fitz. And I say that as the biggest Heinicke fan you can find. He just hasnt won the job.
It wasn't his job to win. Once they hired Fritz him being the backup was "priced in".

RE: Taylor Heinicke - djnva - 08-22-2021 08:04 PM

(08-22-2021 05:17 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  What is that, a blog? Lol

So message boards over blogs?

RE: Taylor Heinicke - ODU BBALL - 08-22-2021 08:10 PM

(08-22-2021 07:42 PM)bigblueodu Wrote:  

It wasn't his job to win. Once they hired Fritz him being the backup was "priced in".

Agreed. I think the article I posted was correct in that the competition between Heinicke and Fitzpatrick was to see how much leeway the starter - likely Fitzpatrick - would end up having when the real games start if they were not playing very well.

RE: Taylor Heinicke - ODU BBALL - 08-22-2021 08:11 PM

(08-22-2021 08:04 PM)djnva Wrote:  
(08-22-2021 05:17 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  What is that, a blog? Lol

So message boards over blogs?

LOL. +2

It actually appears to be more like a news outlet than a blog. If you look at their main page it covers everything (Afghanistan, Covid, Entertainment, Sports, etc.).

RE: Taylor Heinicke - Gilesfan - 08-23-2021 09:58 AM

Rivera came into camp saying it was an open competition. Everyone that follows the team on a day-to-day basis said that Fitz pulled away and is the clear starter on day 1. I haven't read anyone say Heinicke outplayed Fitz in camp. There is no indication from the coaches that they believe Heinicke outplayed Fitz.

Now that Kyle Allen is healthy, there is a real battle for the backup job. I hope Heinicke wins the backup job and I expect them to keep 3 QBs and Allen/Heinicke might be battling all year long.

RE: Taylor Heinicke - ODU BBALL - 08-23-2021 11:02 AM

(08-23-2021 09:58 AM)Gilesfan Wrote:  

Rivera came into camp saying it was an open competition. Everyone that follows the team on a day-to-day basis said that Fitz pulled away and is the clear starter on day 1. I haven't read anyone say Heinicke outplayed Fitz in camp. There is no indication from the coaches that they believe Heinicke outplayed Fitz.

Now that Kyle Allen is healthy, there is a real battle for the backup job. I hope Heinicke wins the backup job and I expect them to keep 3 QBs and Allen/Heinicke might be battling all year long.

I don't believe that any of the rest of us have heard any of the coaches, players, or sports writers state that Heinike has outplayed Fitzpatrick either. I think it is a given that the team will keep at least 3 QB's, even if one of them is assigned to the practice squad. I think that the coach is viewing Allen and Montez as competing for the 3rd QB. The way that he has used the QB's in the first two preseason games seems to bear that out as well.

RE: Taylor Heinicke - Gilesfan - 08-23-2021 11:16 AM

Allen wasn't cleared to play until last week. Don't be surprised if he sees the more reps in the last preseason game.

Montez will be cut and possibly signed to the practice squad. He's not in competition with anyone.