CSNbbs
*** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: *** Official 2020 Election Thread *** (/thread-909997.html)

RE: *** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - Attackcoog - 11-19-2020 10:32 AM

(11-19-2020 10:21 AM)WalkThePlank Wrote:  
(11-19-2020 10:18 AM)gdunn Wrote:  
(11-19-2020 10:10 AM)WalkThePlank Wrote:  Voted for Trump and wish he won, but I have to say the true evidence of actually overturning the result of the election is virtually zero. He's within his Constitutional right to investigate any potential fraud, but tweeting that he was the real winner without proven results is dangerously stupid.

If there isn't enough evidence, will he ever concede? It's a dangerous path our country is headed in.

Trump's mouth by far is his worst trait. He exaggerates more than anyone person should.

That being said, if he loses but shows there is election fraud, maybe, just maybe, the American people will demand stricter regulations as it comes to votes. I hear certain people saying that throwing out votes disenfranchises voters, but fake votes disenfranchises legal voters. This could be Trump's parting gift to the country.

That's not his end game though - if that was the true message he would be talking about that instead of tweeting "I Won!"

Look, there has been a coup to undo the 2016 election, I believe this, but thinking long term...not conceding after a close loss will further divide our nation and will be his lasting legacy 20 years from now. Similar to Al Gore.

Here is the dirty little secret about Trump. His tweets have never matched how he governs. His tweets sometimes have been strident and unpredictable. His actually governing decisions have been quite reasonable and stable. His main achievements—controlling runaway illegal immigration, changing “free” trade to “fair” trade, and bringing jobs back to America by creating a more business friendly climate (lower regulation and lower taxes) are his legacy gift to the public (along with a Covid vaccine).

There is literally nothing wrong or particularly controversial about his governance absent the tweets. Trump has tendency to think out loud via news conferences or tweets. It’s somewhat unconventional, but it’s largely the press that has deemed it a big deal. The rest of America seems to understand it really isn’t and likely re-elects him had the press not convinced them Covid was all Trumps fault.

RE: *** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - shere khan - 11-19-2020 11:13 AM

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
18m

Almost ZERO ballots rejected in Georgia this election. In years past, close to 4%. Not possible. Must have signature check on envelopes now. Very easy to do. Dems fighting because they got caught. Far more votes than needed for flip. Republicans must get tough! @BrianKempGA

-----

I love that magnificent orange bastard.

RE: *** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - bullet - 11-19-2020 11:14 AM

(11-19-2020 10:32 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(11-19-2020 10:10 AM)WalkThePlank Wrote:  Voted for Trump and wish he won, but I have to say the true evidence of actually overturning the result of the election is virtually zero. He's within his Constitutional right to investigate any potential fraud, but tweeting that he was the real winner without proven results is dangerously stupid.

If there isn't enough evidence, will he ever concede? It's a dangerous path our country is headed in.

Trump's mouth by far is his worst trait. He exaggerates more than anyone person should.

That being said, if he loses but shows there is election fraud, maybe, just maybe, the American people will demand stricter regulations as it comes to votes. I hear certain people saying that throwing out votes disenfranchises voters, but fake votes disenfranchises legal voters. This could be Trump's parting gift to the country.

That's not his end game though - if that was the true message he would be talking about that instead of tweeting "I Won!"

Look, there has been a coup to undo the 2016 election, I believe this, but thinking long term...not conceding after a close loss will further divide our nation and will be his lasting legacy 20 years from now. Similar to Al Gore.

Here is the dirty little secret about Trump. His tweets have never matched how he governs. His tweets sometimes have been strident and unpredictable. His actually governing decisions have been quite reasonable and stable. His main achievements—controlling runaway illegal immigration, changing “free” trade to “fair” trade, and bringing jobs back to America by creating a more business friendly climate (lower regulation and lower taxes) are his legacy gift to the public (along with a Covid vaccine).

There is literally nothing wrong or particularly controversial about his governance absent the tweets. Trump has tendency to think out loud via news conferences or tweets. It’s somewhat unconventional, but it’s largely the press that has deemed it a big deal. The rest of America seems to understand it really isn’t and likely re-elects him had the press not convinced them Covid was all Trumps fault.

Trump is impulsive. As you say, he thinks out loud. He speaks in stream of consciousness.

But as you say, his policies don't reflect that. But the traitors in the administration takes every thought and blows it out of proportion and takes it to the press.

What's become clear is there are a lot of horrible employees in DC.

RE: *** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - Owl 69/70/75 - 11-19-2020 12:03 PM

Concession is more a customary thing than one that has legal significance. Concession basically cuts off his ability to challenge, and I'm not sure if he will ever do that. But once states certify the results and the electoral college meets and votes, the issue is decided and Joe Biden would have legal authority to evict him forcibly from the White House if it came to that. I hope it doesn't come to that, and I would hope Trump gets talked out of it if he even tries to go there.

As I see it, there are three issues surrounding any challenge:
1) Were there irregularities?
2) Were they sufficient to alter the result?
3) Can that be proved?

And my answers would be 1) almost certainly, 2) probably about 50-50, and 3) probably never.

At some point, probably the certification of enough electoral votes for Biden to win, and absolutely at the point the electoral college meets and votes, and ideally before either of those, republicans need to shift gears and figure out how to be an effective opposition. Obviously if they win the Georgia seats and get a senate majority, they have much stronger leverage. But if not, then I think they need to work very hard to make everything come down to 50-50 with Harris casting the deciding vote. If republicans had somebody like Schumer or Pelosi, I would feel much more confident that they could deliver that result over and over, but Milquetoast Mitch couldn't lead a sex addict to a whorehouse.

RE: *** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - Owl 69/70/75 - 11-19-2020 12:08 PM

(11-19-2020 11:14 AM)bullet Wrote:  Trump is impulsive. As you say, he thinks out loud. He speaks in stream of consciousness.
But as you say, his policies don't reflect that. But the traitors in the administration takes every thought and blows it out of proportion and takes it to the press.

And what is equally clear is that Trump should have moved much faster to get them out, and faded the heat that he would have taken from the MSM for doing so. Purges aren't very popular in truly democratic republics, but we needed one.

I am much more directly familiar with the military than any other area, and those promoted to senior positions in the Obama administration were selected more for adherence to political correctness and the preferred political agenda than for professional and military competence, and we have paid a serious price for their lack of professionalism and competence. Frankly I think we'd be far better off militarily, for any number of reasons, if he had fired half the generals and admirals, starting with anybody who signed off on the Ford aircraft carriers, the Littoral Combat ships, the Zumwalt "destroyers," the F-35, and any number of similar colossal boondoggles in te other services (with which I am not personally familiar, but I know they are there).

RE: *** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - Redwingtom - 11-19-2020 12:19 PM

(11-19-2020 12:03 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  

Concession is more a customary thing than one that has legal significance. Concession basically cuts off his ability to challenge...

How so? What legal position does a concession speech create?

RE: *** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - CrimsonPhantom - 11-19-2020 12:22 PM

RE: *** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - Redwingtom - 11-19-2020 12:26 PM

(11-19-2020 12:22 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  

The guy who claimed the massacre of children at Sandy Hook was fake leading your charge.

You must be proud.

RE: *** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - cb4029 - 11-19-2020 01:08 PM

(11-19-2020 12:26 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(11-19-2020 12:22 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  

The guy who claimed the massacre of children at Sandy Hook was fake leading your charge.

You must be proud.

Radicals love other radicals.

RE: *** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - WalkThePlank - 11-19-2020 01:28 PM

Concession is more a customary thing than one that has legal significance. Concession basically cuts off his ability to challenge, and I'm not sure if he will ever do that. But once states certify the results and the electoral college meets and votes, the issue is decided and Joe Biden would have legal authority to evict him forcibly from the White House if it came to that. I hope it doesn't come to that, and I would hope Trump gets talked out of it if he even tries to go there.

As I see it, there are three issues surrounding any challenge:
1) Were there irregularities?
2) Were they sufficient to alter the result?
3) Can that be proved?

And my answers would be 1) almost certainly, 2) probably about 50-50, and 3) probably never.

At some point, probably the certification of enough electoral votes for Biden to win, and absolutely at the point the electoral college meets and votes, and ideally before either of those, republicans need to shift gears and figure out how to be an effective opposition. Obviously if they win the Georgia seats and get a senate majority, they have much stronger leverage. But if not, then I think they need to work very hard to make everything come down to 50-50 with Harris casting the deciding vote. If republicans had somebody like Schumer or Pelosi, I would feel much more confident that they could deliver that result over and over, but Milquetoast Mitch couldn't lead a sex addict to a whorehouse.

There’s a lot of truth to this, my only beef is the way he’s messaging it. I have no problems with the legal ramifications and going through the right avenues to make sure the vote is legitimate, but this “I won” **** is annoying when he’s basically 0-25 in almost every lawsuit.

I hope he does find the fraud, it’s impossible to find it though. The election was decided in the months prior with state Supreme courts and SCOTUS upholding rule changes which benefited late arriving VBM. It was always going to be a disaster, but it’s hard to prove and throw out ballots.

*** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - UTSAMarineVet09 - 11-19-2020 02:34 PM

Arizona won’t certify its results until all lawsuits have been settled... it’s not over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RE: *** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - Redwingtom - 11-19-2020 02:41 PM

(11-19-2020 02:34 PM)UTSAMarineVet09 Wrote:  Arizona won’t certify its results until all lawsuits have been settled... it’s not over.

The Arizona certification date deadline is not even here yet. 03-yawn

RE: *** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - solohawks - 11-19-2020 02:44 PM

(11-19-2020 11:14 AM)bullet Wrote:  

Trump is impulsive. As you say, he thinks out loud. He speaks in stream of consciousness.

In a world where everything is tested and prepackaged, Trump was bound to clash with his flexibile, free thinking, quick to act method of leadership

RE: *** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - U_of_Elvis - 11-19-2020 02:57 PM

Just this week he appointed the 33 year old wife of one of his staffers (also employee of the firm he hired to challenge the vote) to a federal judgeship for life. The bar association considered her unqualified as she has only taken part in two trials (both single day trials) and was only an intern. She has never taken a case to trial as primary or co-counsel since passing the bar.

RE: *** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - shere khan - 11-19-2020 02:58 PM

(11-19-2020 02:57 PM)U_of_Elvis Wrote:  

Just this week he appointed the 33 year old wife of one of his staffers (also employee of the firm he hired to challenge the vote) to a federal judgeship for life. The bar association considered her unqualified as she has only taken part in two trials (both single day trials) and was only an intern. She has never taken a case to trial as primary or co-counsel since passing the bar.

Like they do in Memphis then.

03-lmfao

RE: *** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - bullet - 11-19-2020 03:06 PM

He can't do that without senate approval.

The bar association is a liberal cesspool. They claimed one guy who was perfectly qualified was unqualified. One of his political opponents wrote the claim that he was unqualified.

And I notice you didn't include a link.

RE: *** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - Attackcoog - 11-19-2020 03:25 PM

(11-19-2020 12:19 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

Concession is more a customary thing than one that has legal significance. Concession basically cuts off his ability to challenge...

Agreement among both parties as to who won. Its hard to unring that bell.

RE: *** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - U_of_Elvis - 11-19-2020 03:29 PM

(11-19-2020 03:06 PM)bullet Wrote:  
(11-19-2020 10:18 AM)gdunn Wrote:  Trump's mouth by far is his worst trait. He exaggerates more than anyone person should.

He can't do that without senate approval.

The bar association is a liberal cesspool. They claimed one guy who was perfectly qualified was unqualified. One of his political opponents wrote the claim that he was unqualified.

And I notice you didn't include a link.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/breaking-news/2020/11/18/senate-confirms-trumps-youngest-federal-judge-to-serve-in-tampa/

RE: *** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - Redwingtom - 11-19-2020 03:31 PM

(11-19-2020 03:25 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(11-19-2020 12:19 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

Agreement among both parties as to who won. Its hard to unring that bell.

How so...there's nothing finite established. None of the states had certified anything, much less stopped counting votes.

RE: *** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - Attackcoog - 11-19-2020 03:33 PM

You do realize there are judges that dont even have law degrees? At least 14 Supreme Court justices had no law degree. So, the nominee your concerned about has a law degree and is a practicing attorney. She'll be fine.