CSNbbs
*** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: *** Official 2020 Election Thread *** (/thread-909997.html)

RE: *** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - macgar32 - 11-17-2020 04:08 PM

(11-17-2020 03:47 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(11-17-2020 03:43 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  
(11-17-2020 03:38 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  This story sites a Daily Beast article (behind a paywall so I can't read it) which says they got the email on Sunday. I just heard about it today...apologies for my error saying it was sent today.
https://www.rawstory.com/2020/11/trump-campaign-tricking-supporters-into-donations-in-one-last-pitiful-cash-grab-report/

No worries... As you saw, my admonition was addressed to 'them', not you...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/31/us/politics/trump-fundraising-donations.html

Article written 10/31... so it had to be sent that day or earlier.

Although, it would not surprise me that he's still sending variations of it. There's lots of reports of people getting spammed with all sorts of emails asking for money. With his pattern, it would not at all be surprising.

I have no proof but I don't think there is anything nefarious going on...

Just raising money on a false pretense...Much of the money is going to the republican party and I believe that is why they are still on board with supporting no concession. It is a game...And when either side has an opportunity to get advantage they are going to play that card.

I doubt any of these donations go towards funding recounts are long legal battles.

Until we stop being sheep and vilifying our fellow Americans they will continue to manipulate, we need to start putting pressure on the both the Parties Leaders...It is them that are playing us and pitting us against each other so they can maintain power. There are a few good ones in Washington...But eventually they all end up in the game.

RE: *** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - Claw - 11-17-2020 04:15 PM

I don't think this is a game.

What is going to happen is a deep disclosure of the companies that make voting hardware and software. There will be ties exposed to foreign countries. There will be investors exposed.

That is going to happen whether there is any proof of fraud or not.

Then the question is going to be put to the public as to whether these arrangements should be acceptable or not.

I think this is going to happen, and I think it is going to go poorly for some of the parties involved even if they are completely above board.

RE: *** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - macgar32 - 11-17-2020 05:37 PM

(11-17-2020 04:15 PM)Claw Wrote:  I don't think this is a game.

What is going to happen is a deep disclosure of the companies that make voting hardware and software. There will be ties exposed to foreign countries. There will be investors exposed.

Then the question is going to be put to the public as to whether these arrangements should be acceptable or not.

I think this is going to happen, and I think it is going to go poorly for some of the parties involved even if they are completely above board.

The current administrations departments have already declared their preliminary investigation of the election and fraud...That report is entirely different than politicians trying to stir up the masses. So if the current leadership of homeland security has already deemed everything all clear...Why would the next admin investigate when they won?

RE: *** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - Claw - 11-17-2020 05:43 PM

(11-17-2020 05:37 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  

The current administrations departments have already declared their preliminary investigation of the election and fraud...That report is entirely different than politicians trying to stir up the masses. So if the current leadership of homeland security has already deemed everything all clear...Why would the next admin investigate when they won?

You won't need the Feds. If there is a software or machine problem, there are plenty of Republican state governments that can pursue the issue legally.

RE: *** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - Fort Bend Owl - 11-17-2020 06:00 PM

I can't wait to see if Trump ponies up the 7 million tonight or tomorrow morning to get the Wisconsin recount. 7 million sounds like a lot, but think of it this way - it's only 350 days of billable work from Trump lead election lawyer Rudy Guiliani (he's getting paid 20K a day).

RE: *** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - macgar32 - 11-17-2020 06:13 PM

(11-17-2020 06:00 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  I can't wait to see if Trump ponies up the 7 million tonight or tomorrow morning to get the Wisconsin recount. 7 million sounds like a lot, but think of it this way - it's only 350 days of billable work from Trump lead election lawyer Rudy Guiliani (he's getting paid 20K a day).

I thought I heard he wasn't getting paid.

Making 20k a day would make more sense...At least that would explain some of his actions.

*** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - UTSAMarineVet09 - 11-17-2020 06:15 PM

When did homeland security deemed everything clear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RE: *** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - CrimsonPhantom - 11-17-2020 06:30 PM

(11-17-2020 06:15 PM)UTSAMarineVet09 Wrote:  

When did homeland security deemed everything clear?

Quote:The Department of Homeland Security's Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) issued a statement last week defending the integrity of the 2020 election. The problem, however, is two of the main election software companies that have been called into question – Dominion Voting Systems and Smartmatic – sit on CISA. And that information was never disclosed, the Epoch Times reported.

Below is the the joint statement put out by the Executive Committee of the Election Infrastructure Government Coordinating Council (GCC) and the Election Infrastructure Sector Coordinating Council (SCC):

“The November 3rd election was the most secure in American history. Right now, across the country, election officials are reviewing and double checking the entire election process prior to finalizing the result.

“When states have close elections, many will recount ballots. All of the states with close results in the 2020 presidential race have paper records of each vote, allowing the ability to go back and count each ballot if necessary. This is an added benefit for security and resilience. This process allows for the identification and correction of any mistakes or errors. There is no evidence that any voting system deleted or lost votes, changed votes, or was in any way compromised.

“Other security measures like pre-election testing, state certification of voting equipment, and the U.S. Election Assistance Commission’s (EAC) certification of voting equipment help to build additional confidence in the voting systems used in 2020.

“While we know there are many unfounded claims and opportunities for misinformation about the process of our elections, we can assure you we have the utmost confidence in the security and integrity of our elections, and you should too. When you have questions, turn to elections officials as trusted voices as they administer elections.”

The two election software companies are members of the GCC's Sector Coordinating Council:

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Arrikan, Inc./Chaves Consulting, Inc.
Associated Press (AP) Elections
BPro, Inc.
Clear Ballot Group
Crosscheck
DemTech Voting Solutions
Democracy Live
Democracy Works
DMF Associates
Dominion Voting Systems
Election Systems & Software (ES&S)
Electronic Registration Information Center (ERIC)
Freeman, Craft, McGregor Group
Hart InterCivic
KNOWInk
Microsoft
Microvote General Corp.
NTS Data Services
PCC Technology Inc.
Pro V&V
Runbeck Election Services
SCYTL
SLI Compliance
Smartmatic
Tenex Software Solutions
The Canton Group
Unisyn Voting Solutions
Voatz
VOTEC
Votem
Voting Works
VR Systems

According to the Election Infrastructure Subsector Coordinating Council Charter, the goal of the group is to "advance the physical security, cyber security, and emergency preparedness of the nation’s election infrastructure, in accordance with existing U.S. law" and "serve as the primary liaison between the election subsector and federal, state, and local agencies, including the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), concerning private election subsector security and emergency preparedness issues."

CISA's goal, on the other hand, is to work "collaboratively with those on the front lines of elections—state and local governments, election officials, federal partners, and vendors—to manage risks to the Nation’s election infrastructure

State and local election officials decide what voting software and programs to use and CISA has no control over that.

Interestingly enough, I received an email tonight from Dominion about "setting the record straight." They cited the above statement as reason to trust them but failed to disclose their CISA connection.

Here's some of the bigger points made in their email:

Dominion Voting Systems categorically denies false assertions about vote switching and software issues with our voting systems.

According to a Joint Statement by the federal government agency that oversees U.S. election security, the Department of Homeland Security's Cybersecurity, & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA): "There is no evidence that any voting system deleted or lost votes, changed votes, or was in any way compromised." The government & private sector councils that support this mission called the 2020 election "the most secure in American history."

3) Dominion is a nonpartisan U.S. company

Dominion has no ownership relationships with the Pelosi family, Feinstein family, Clinton Global Initiative, Smartmatic, Scytl, or any ties to Venezuela. Dominion works with all U.S. political parties; our customer base and our government outreach practices reflect this nonpartisan approach.

As reported by the Associated Press, "Dominion made a one-time philanthropic commitment at a Clinton Global Initiative meeting in 2014, but the Clinton Foundation has no stake or involvement in Dominion’s operations, the nonprofit has confirmed." The meeting included bipartisan attendees focused on international democracy-building.
There have been no "raids" of Dominion servers by the U.S. military or otherwise, and Dominion does not have servers in Germany.

7) Assertions of voter fraud conspiracies are 100% false

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) has debunked numerous claims, including claims about the existence of a secret CIA program for vote fraud called Hammer and Scorecard.
All U.S. voting systems must provide assurance that they work accurately and reliably as intended under federal U.S. EAC and state certification and testing requirements. Election safeguards—from testing and certification of voting systems, to canvassing and auditing—prevent malicious actors from tampering with vote counts and ensure that final vote tallies are accurate. Read more from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency.

This isn't the first time Dominion's software has been called into question. Democrats voiced concern over the software last December. The Denver Post warned about their election security earlier this year. The Michigan GOP said a software glitch caused 6,000 votes to flip from Trump to Biden, although the Michigan Secretary of State said that wasn't the case. It's one of the reasons Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) said the legal process needs to play out in the courts.

One of President Trump's attorneys, Sidney Powell, on Sunday said the team has evidence of election fraud relating to Dominion and Smartmatic's voting software.

Link

RE: *** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - U_of_Elvis - 11-17-2020 06:44 PM

(11-17-2020 05:43 PM)Claw Wrote:  

You won't need the Feds. If there is a software or machine problem, there are plenty of Republican state governments that can pursue the issue legally.

Georgia had a third party audit of a random sample of their machines and found no problems.
https://sos.ga.gov/index.php/elections/secretary_raffensperger_announces_completion_of_voting_machine_audit_using_forensic_techniques_no_sign_of_foul_play

RE: *** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - Bronco'14 - 11-17-2020 06:46 PM

Seems like it's over at this point unfortunately.

RE: *** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - MileHighBronco - 11-17-2020 06:46 PM

Yeah, they sound really credible. There are several other election systems vendors on that list. That's like the NY mafia families' leaders meeting and sending out a press release:

"We're not involved in any criminal acts. Crime stats are the best they've ever been!"

RE: *** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - macgar32 - 11-17-2020 09:07 PM

(11-17-2020 06:46 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  Yeah, they sound really credible. There are several other election systems vendors on that list. That's like the NY mafia families' leaders meeting and sending out a press release:

"We're not involved in any criminal acts. Crime stats are the best they've ever been!"

Well he just fired the DHS guy...

Surely if Trump had evidence to the contrary he would present it in court.

RE: *** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - Bearcat419 - 11-18-2020 08:41 AM

(11-17-2020 09:07 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  
(11-17-2020 06:46 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  Yeah, they sound really credible. There are several other election systems vendors on that list. That's like the NY mafia families' leaders meeting and sending out a press release:

I'm sure Rudy is just dotting his i's, crossing his t's, and tucking in his shirt.

RE: *** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - Owl 69/70/75 - 11-18-2020 09:23 AM

Trump should have known what he was up against from the start and cleaned house. Jeff Session was too much of a milquetoast. Bill Barr is a deep state insider who knows where enough skeletons are buried to have been effective if he had been there from the start.

The bureaucracy will circle the wagons, as they always do, and celebrate another victory over ordinary citizens.

RE: *** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - BobcatEngineer - 11-18-2020 10:02 AM

(11-17-2020 09:07 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  

I think there's a decent chance they'll find a spot for him in the upcoming Biden Administration.

RE: *** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - salukiblue - 11-18-2020 10:19 AM

(11-17-2020 03:07 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(11-17-2020 02:40 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(11-17-2020 01:30 PM)No Bull Wrote:  
(11-17-2020 01:26 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(11-17-2020 12:43 PM)No Bull Wrote:  [Image: giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29botm4azkh6bmzwon0y...=giphy.gif]

They have. It's over.

We just want to count all the valid votes Tom. Patience. If Biden won he will be coronated soon enough. King of the Dumbasses.

They have certified their results. That means they counted all valid votes. It's over.

This is why Ive been saying that the chance of winning this is almost zero---even if wide spread fraud exists. Lets assume for the sake of argument that wide spread fraud in the mail in ballots exists---tracking that down and proving it takes time. Its worth noting that we've already had one case of fraud filed involving thousands of mail in ballots in LA. The issue is, unless someone flips and exposes a large group of fraudsters, its very time consuming to track it down each individual ballot to confirm its legitimacy. So--even if if we assume it exists--I dont know how you'd go about proving it in time. Unless there is some sort of easy to prove software flaw--or a bunch of fraudsters flipping on each other---I tend to agree that we are just a few days from Trump having to throw in the towel on the legal effort.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/pair-charged-with-voter-fraud-allegedly-submitted-thousands-of-fraudulent-applications-on-behalf-of-homeless-people/2464168/

None this fraud nonsense makes any logical sense.

Even in counties that are Republican run, Trump isn't generally doing better than he was in 2016, and more often than not, he is doing worse (in terms of victory margin).

I could understand if Trump were crushing Biden worse than Hilly in red counties in Ohio, Wisky, Michigan, Arizona, and Penn but he didn't do that for the most part.

So if there was no fraud in the Red counties (and no one Republican is claiming any of the Red county vote is fraudulent) and Trump lost leads from 2016, it would logically follow in more Blue counties he would also lose a bit more, especially when voting increased.

RE: *** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - cb4029 - 11-18-2020 10:56 AM

(11-17-2020 06:13 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  
(11-17-2020 06:00 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  I can't wait to see if Trump ponies up the 7 million tonight or tomorrow morning to get the Wisconsin recount. 7 million sounds like a lot, but think of it this way - it's only 350 days of billable work from Trump lead election lawyer Rudy Guiliani (he's getting paid 20K a day).

I thought I heard he wasn't getting paid.

Making 20k a day would make more sense...At least that would explain some of his actions.

Has trump paid El Paso yet? Or any of his other unpaid debts?

I wonder how many times trump has called his weirdo supporters losers since the election. You guys simply could not get the job done. Thanks to you, the confederacy has fallen... again. SAD. 05-stirthepot

RE: *** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - Hambone10 - 11-18-2020 11:37 AM

Thanks for the wishes Tom.

As to the election, I recall that there was at least one state that allowed counting through December... Wasn't PA something like 15 days themselves?? and the election isn't 'certified' until that happens. All these projections and logical inferences don't make any difference... and all of these fake concerns about Biden being kept out of meetings is a bunch of crap. The rules are what the rules are. It was different under Bush/Obama/McCain because both guys were sitting Senators and access would have been allowed. Joe Biden does not have a security clearance and won't be given one until the election is certified. Clinton made an exception with Bush and that is great and would be great if Trump did that as well, but Clinton wasn't running for office and contesting the outcome. Gore was. It seems obvious that if Trump decided to 'waive' the laws about access, that would be used against him by both the media and the courts in his legal challenges. Anyone who disagrees is just wrong.

Trump COULD include him and IMO should drop the bs suits and do so, but the LAW SPECIFICALLY EXCLUDES him until the election is certified... and Trump is challenging that.

Those ARE the rules.

RE: *** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - bullet - 11-18-2020 11:57 AM

(11-18-2020 11:37 AM)Hambone10 Wrote:  Thanks for the wishes Tom.

As to the election, I recall that there was at least one state that allowed counting through December... Wasn't PA something like 15 days themselves?? and the election isn't 'certified' until that happens. All these projections and logical inferences don't make any difference... and all of these fake concerns about Biden being kept out of meetings is a bunch of crap. The rules are what the rules are. It was different under Bush/Obama/McCain because both guys were sitting Senators and access would have been allowed. Joe Biden does not have a security clearance and won't be given one until the election is certified. Clinton made an exception with Bush and that is great and would be great if Trump did that as well, but Clinton wasn't running for office and contesting the outcome. Gore was. It seems obvious that if Trump decided to 'waive' the laws about access, that would be used against him by both the media and the courts in his legal challenges. Anyone who disagrees is just wrong.

Trump COULD include him and IMO should drop the bs suits and do so, but the LAW SPECIFICALLY EXCLUDES him until the election is certified... and Trump is challenging that.

Those ARE the rules.

I've read that W. didn't get access until December 14th.

Clinton's people sabotaged the White House in ways you wouldn't expect from a 5 year old.

*** Official 2020 Election Thread *** - UTSAMarineVet09 - 11-18-2020 12:09 PM

[Image: 6bd56b2e362d08c222bd65b710134c65.jpg]