CSNbbs
Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-288.html)
+----- Forum: JMU Archives (/forum-1006.html)
+----- Thread: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 (/thread-909885.html)

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - White Hall - 11-05-2021 12:56 PM

(11-05-2021 12:37 PM)DoubleDogDare Wrote:  
(11-05-2021 12:19 PM)JMad03 Wrote:  
(11-05-2021 12:15 PM)jmufan2008 Wrote:  
(11-05-2021 12:10 PM)POTUS#4 Wrote:  Yeah we can put to rest all that spin about LU being perfectly happy as an independent, not really caring aobut conference affiliation, etc. That's about as ugly a setup for them as you can get.

Indeed. As much as Purple wants to think Indy is just the best thing in the world, it's so terrible that Liberty is forgoing being Indy to join one of the worst (if not the worst) FBS conference setup in history.

Yep. I think it shows that Liberty would rather be in a garbage conference than Independent.
Even with the amount of money LU has, they still see a conference better than no conference.

We could put that to rest a few years back when Liberty offered CUSA $24M just to join in 2017. They have proven on multiple occasions that even if a school can afford to be independent, it isn't ideal. JMU couldn't afford it and knew it wasn't the right path to FBS. Those that point to Liberty as an example that JMU should have gone Indy just to be FBS are delusional.

I think it’s more about being in a conference which Liberty can control versus being in any conference rather than being independent. Clearly CUSA is garbage, which is why UCONN and possibly UMass turned it down. So being independent is still better than CUSA.

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - JMad03 - 11-05-2021 12:59 PM

I don't know about anyone else, but I am incredibly unproductive today.
Very, very happy, but accomplishing NADA.

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - DoubleDogDare - 11-05-2021 01:00 PM

(11-05-2021 12:29 PM)Miami (Oh) Yeah ! Wrote:  sure. scheduling. bowl access, others... but I don't get why y'all are so programmed to be against Liberty? Yeah, they got their warts... but what about Penn State? or Baylor? why not so out-spoken about them? If Penn State want't to join the Sun Belt, would you freak out like you do about Liberty?

Well first, for the obvious, we are vocal about not joining a conference with Liberty, because there was actually a chance that we could end up in the same conference as Liberty. There is absolutely zero reason to bring up the pros/cons of being associated with Penn State and Baylor.

Second, Liberty trips over itself to look like idiots. You brought up a great example, Baylor. Baylor fired McCaw. Liberty hired him. Ole Miss fired Freeze. Liberty hired him. You can see the difference right?

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - JMURocks - 11-05-2021 01:00 PM

(11-05-2021 12:56 PM)White Hall Wrote:  
(11-05-2021 12:10 PM)POTUS#4 Wrote:  Yeah we can put to rest all that spin about LU being perfectly happy as an independent, not really caring aobut conference affiliation, etc. That's about as ugly a setup for them as you can get.

Indeed. As much as Purple wants to think Indy is just the best thing in the world, it's so terrible that Liberty is forgoing being Indy to join one of the worst (if not the worst) FBS conference setup in history.

Yep. I think it shows that Liberty would rather be in a garbage conference than Independent.
Even with the amount of money LU has, they still see a conference better than no conference.

We could put that to rest a few years back when Liberty offered CUSA $24M just to join in 2017. They have proven on multiple occasions that even if a school can afford to be independent, it isn't ideal. JMU couldn't afford it and knew it wasn't the right path to FBS. Those that point to Liberty as an example that JMU should have gone Indy just to be FBS are delusional.

I think it’s more about being in a conference which Liberty can control versus being in any conference rather than being independent. Clearly CUSA is garbage, which is why UCONN and possibly UMass turned it down. So being independent is still better than CUSA.

It is thought UMass and UConn may join as football members only if CUSA stabilizes first. If they announce 4 adds today, it’s close, but they might need one or two more full members to replace WKU/MTSU.

I doubt either school would consider full membership.

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - JMad03 - 11-05-2021 01:03 PM

(11-05-2021 01:00 PM)JMURocks Wrote:  
(11-05-2021 12:15 PM)jmufan2008 Wrote:  Indeed. As much as Purple wants to think Indy is just the best thing in the world, it's so terrible that Liberty is forgoing being Indy to join one of the worst (if not the worst) FBS conference setup in history.

It is thought UMass and UConn may join as football members only if CUSA stabilizes first. If they announce 4 adds today, it’s close, but they might need one or two more full members to replace WKU/MTSU.

I doubt either school would consider full membership.

I thought that was already extended to UCONN and they declined.
If UMASS joins, holy crap is that one mess of a conference and would definitely be a regional nightmare.

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - DoubleDogDare - 11-05-2021 01:08 PM

(11-05-2021 12:49 PM)bcp_jmu Wrote:  To be fair........all the indy advocates were for a *temporary* move to Indy so that we could be top of the list when the dominos start falling. Nobody was pushing for life as an Indy forever. It was all to add to our shine - ends up we didn't need it, but no way we could have really expected things to go THIS DAMN WELL

I agree that the posters pushing for indy were thinking a temporary solution, but it has been proven via us going to Sun Belt straight from FCS, like well, a bunch of schools have done; and with JSU and SHSU going from FCS to CUSA, like well, a handful of schools have done; and with UConn and UMass still without a conference, that there is no indy shine putting schools to the top of any lists.

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - Longhorn - 11-05-2021 01:14 PM

Liberty’s money will keep CUSA alive (for the moment). And LU’s cable TV productions will give CUSA another media outlet that should help CUSA. I can’t think of a weaker FBS conference tho, and the whole damn conference should have closed shop.

If the MAC = The Baby Big Ten, and the SBC = The Mini SEC, how would you describe the “new” AAC and CUSA conferences?

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - JMU85 - 11-05-2021 01:21 PM

(11-05-2021 01:14 PM)Longhorn Wrote:  
(11-05-2021 12:15 PM)jmufan2008 Wrote:  Indeed. As much as Purple wants to think Indy is just the best thing in the world, it's so terrible that Liberty is forgoing being Indy to join one of the worst (if not the worst) FBS conference setup in history.

Liberty’s money will keep CUSA alive (for the moment). And LU’s cable TV productions will give CUSA another media outlet that should help CUSA. I can’t think of a weaker FBS conference tho, and the whole damn conference should have closed shop.

If the MAC = The Baby Big Ten, and the SBC = The Mini SEC, how would you describe the “new” AAC and CUSA conferences?

Garbage

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - bjk3047 - 11-05-2021 01:32 PM

(11-05-2021 01:14 PM)Longhorn Wrote:  If the MAC = The Baby Big Ten, and the SBC = The Mini SEC, how would you describe the “new” AAC and CUSA conferences?

[Image: Untitled-3.jpg]

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - DoubleDogDare - 11-05-2021 01:35 PM

Ehhhh I think its just about being in a conference. Liberty offered Sun Belt 8 figures, then they offered CUSA $24M, then they did whatever else they did the last 4 years. I think it would be foolish to think they didn't go to the AAC considering the league wasing saying they were P6 a year ago. Heck, given Liberty's statement that they believe they should be in a P5 conference, I bet they were trying to sell themselves to a couple P5s as well. While they may ultimately want to control whatever conference they were in, they would also literally take any conference that would allow them.

Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - hburg - 11-05-2021 01:48 PM

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - hburg - 11-05-2021 01:54 PM

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - DooX - 11-05-2021 02:10 PM

Newest Conference... Fact!

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - hburg - 11-05-2021 02:16 PM

Does anyone know if this will be broadcasted live for everyone to watch?

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - CarRamrod - 11-05-2021 02:16 PM

(11-05-2021 02:10 PM)DooX Wrote:  Newest Conference... Fact!

Yep, mods, let's send this bad boy to the archive.

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - Purplehazed - 11-05-2021 02:19 PM

JMU Nation has/wants to be the last poster and close the door on this thread

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - jmufan2008 - 11-05-2021 02:25 PM

(11-05-2021 02:16 PM)hburg Wrote:  Does anyone know if this will be broadcasted live for everyone to watch?

https://jmusports.com/news/2021/11/5/administration-jmu-to-host-media-event-saturday-morning-at-10-am.aspx

Quote:The press conference will also be streamed live on the JMUSports and James Madison University Facebook pages

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - hburg - 11-05-2021 02:27 PM

Awesome, thanks!

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - Miami (Oh) Yeah ! - 11-05-2021 02:38 PM

congrats y'all

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - 94computerguy - 11-05-2021 03:09 PM

(11-05-2021 12:29 PM)Miami (Oh) Yeah ! Wrote:  sure. scheduling. bowl access, others... but I don't get why y'all are so programmed to be against Liberty? Yeah, they got their warts... but what about Penn State? or Baylor? why not so out-spoken about them? If Penn State want't to join the Sun Belt, would you freak out like you do about Liberty?

To a libtard like me, that school is pretty much all about furthering the agenda of fundamentalist "Christianity". Falwell was fired, but given that the school was founded by his father, there's no much doubt where the core ideology lies.

Now, you can call my opinion trash, or call me a stooge for the librul media, or ask why I hate Jesus and Freedom for thinking a school that accuses rape victims of violating purity rules is a bad place, and that's fine. But you asked why, and I answered.