CSNbbs
Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-288.html)
+----- Forum: JMU Archives (/forum-1006.html)
+----- Thread: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 (/thread-909885.html)

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - Duke Dawg - 12-15-2020 03:17 PM

(12-15-2020 02:42 PM)Dukester Wrote:  Sometimes when you go for it, and be aggressive it puts you in position to take advantage of opportunities.

Here's what USA today is now projecting.

Jan 1 - Fiesta Bowl = Southern Cal vs CCU.

How many Millions will CCU get if they play that game?

Could you imagine the excitement in each of us and every JMU fan if we were this close to a Millions of $ Jan 1 Major Bowl game versus the USC Trojans?

This time they positioned them self for a bowl game. Did they also better position them self for a better conference?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2020/12/15/college-football-bowl-projections-playoff-clearer-florida-loss/6536246002/

Duke Dawg, how would that match up work for you?

These opportunities only happen if you position your self to get them.

Good for CCU.

EsPN, which controls all but 1 bowl I believe has

CCU vs Buffalo, or
CCU vs Marshall

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30510248/college-football-bowl-projections-week-15

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - Dukester - 12-15-2020 03:24 PM

(12-15-2020 03:17 PM)Duke Dawg Wrote:  
(12-15-2020 02:42 PM)Dukester Wrote:  Sometimes when you go for it, and be aggressive it puts you in position to take advantage of opportunities.

Could you imagine the excitement in each of us and every JMU fan if we were this close to a Millions of $ Jan 1 Major Bowl game versus the USC Trojans?

This time they positioned them self for a bowl game. Did they also better position them self for a better conference?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2020/12/15/college-football-bowl-projections-playoff-clearer-florida-loss/6536246002/

Good for CCU.

CCU vs Buffalo, or
CCU vs Marshall

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30510248/college-football-bowl-projections-week-15

Wouldn't it be so much more fun if we were the one's discussed potentially playing USC in a Major Bowl game.

Perhaps next year.......

Go Coastal - break the ceiling and hopefully open minds..... 04-bow

If I had told you 10 years ago at year's end CCU and Liberty would be ranked and UVA and Tech would not.........

It will probably happen.

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - Purplehazed - 12-15-2020 03:29 PM

What makes any of you think Jon Alger will allow JMU to play 1A football?

Please point me to ANY statement, hand gesture, winking or shoulder rolls.

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - Dukester - 12-15-2020 03:33 PM

(12-15-2020 03:29 PM)Purplehazed Wrote:  What makes any of you think Jon Alger will allow JMU to play 1A football?

03-melodramatic I forgot about him.

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - GaryMatthews - 12-15-2020 03:39 PM

(12-15-2020 03:29 PM)Purplehazed Wrote:  What makes any of you think Jon Alger will allow JMU to play 1A football?

What makes you think he's the problem? You saw how fast he/JMU reversed course on the COA issue.

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - bcp_jmu - 12-15-2020 03:45 PM

he never should have been on that course to begin with; all of those non-peers of ours who signed that

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - GaryMatthews - 12-15-2020 03:48 PM

(12-15-2020 03:45 PM)bcp_jmu Wrote:  he never should have been on that course to begin with; all of those non-peers of ours who signed that

Can't disagree with that

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - Purplehazed - 12-15-2020 04:42 PM

(12-15-2020 03:39 PM)GaryMatthews Wrote:  

What makes you think he's the problem? You saw how fast he/JMU reversed course on the COA issue.

I believe JMU's reversal of course on the COA looked a bit like this...

Bourne > King > COA Stance Changed > oh yea, somebody tell Jon Boy.

Bourne told King the COA was needed to remain competitive in the fcs/caa...King agreed, discussion over. The jelly on the King's support toast may have been to remind Jon Boy whom is in charge at JMU. How embarrassing, write a manifesto that is posted on the inter web, it gets yanked stat after a message board poster finds it on the inter web, your direct report says, "no, that is not what you think" a few weeks later.

When King is gone, then whom tells Jon Boy what to think? 0% chance Jon Boy is going to lead a conference charge. Slightly higher chance with Bourne/Alger but let's not forget, we've known for a years that Bourne sold his house in Fairway Hills...

Then what? Alger hires an in charge AD to do his bidding, to getr' done.

Nope.

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - GaryMatthews - 12-15-2020 04:46 PM

(12-15-2020 04:42 PM)Purplehazed Wrote:  

Bourne told King the COA was needed to remain competitive in the fcs/caa...King agreed, discussion over. The jelly on the King's support toast may have been to remind Jon Boy whom is in charge at JMU. How embarrassing, write a manifesto that is posted on the inter web, it gets yanked stat after a message board poster finds it on the inter web, your direct report says, "no, that is not what you think" a few weeks later.

When King is gone, then whom tells Jon Boy what to think? 0% chance Jon Boy is going to lead a conference charge. Slightly higher chance with Bourne/Alger but let's not forget, we've known for a years that Bourne sold his house in Fairway Hills...

Nope.

You don't think the BOV has any say in the matter? They're the ones that get to decide whether or not Alger remains JMU's president, right?

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - DukeQuin - 12-15-2020 04:53 PM

(12-15-2020 03:17 PM)Duke Dawg Wrote:  

Good for CCU.

CCU vs Buffalo, or
CCU vs Marshall

Stewart Mandel at The Athletic puts them in the Birmingham Bowl against Marshall. They'd take a lower-rung SEC team slot. The Birmingham Bowl will be played January 1.

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - Purplehazed - 12-15-2020 05:02 PM

(12-15-2020 04:46 PM)GaryMatthews Wrote:  
(12-15-2020 04:42 PM)Purplehazed Wrote:  

Nope.

You don't think the BOV has any say in the matter? They're the ones that get to decide whether or not Alger remains JMU's president, right?

Do you believe that the board's plan was to hire a diversity attorney that does not believe a school with $250,000,000 in athletic facilities and a budget larger than any non AAC program should not pay the COA (a drop in the bucket) so the board would later need to tell that president that he not only needs to support a conference change, he needs to make it happen and/or that the board knew Alger would be a two termer based on his lack of charisma in the interview?

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - NJDuke97 - 12-15-2020 08:14 PM

If I could send you picture of President Alger in a cowboy hat in the locker room after JMU beat FBS SMU I would.

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - Purple - 12-15-2020 08:21 PM

Good for CCU.

Yep!

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - Purple - 12-15-2020 08:27 PM

(12-15-2020 08:14 PM)NJDuke97 Wrote:  

If I could send you picture of President Alger in a cowboy hat in the locker room after JMU beat FBS SMU I would.

I saw that pic. Was Jon a member of the Village People?

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - jmufbs - 12-15-2020 08:34 PM

(12-15-2020 08:21 PM)Purple Wrote:  

Good for CCU.

Yep!

What a dream for CCU to be in that discussion. regardless of bowl invite and opponent, they've had a REGULAR SEASON that far eclipses on a national scale any amount of publicity and branding we could ever have in FCS.
FBS is all about the regular season, bowls are icing on the cake.
This is Absolutely what JMU could and should expect to do in FBS.

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - GaryMatthews - 12-15-2020 11:43 PM

(12-15-2020 05:02 PM)Purplehazed Wrote:  
(12-15-2020 04:46 PM)GaryMatthews Wrote:  You don't think the BOV has any say in the matter? They're the ones that get to decide whether or not Alger remains JMU's president, right?

Do you believe that the board's plan was to hire a diversity attorney that does not believe a school with $250,000,000 in athletic facilities and a budget larger than any non AAC program should not pay the COA (a drop in the bucket) so the board would later need to tell that president that he not only needs to support a conference change, he needs to make it happen and/or that the board knew Alger would be a two termer based on his lack of charisma in the interview?

So you're not going to answer the question? Ok, how about this one, have you ever contacted any of the BOV members to voice your concerns about Alger and/or JMU's football classification?

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - Purplehazed - 12-16-2020 08:23 AM

(12-15-2020 11:43 PM)GaryMatthews Wrote:  
(12-15-2020 04:46 PM)GaryMatthews Wrote:  You don't think the BOV has any say in the matter? They're the ones that get to decide whether or not Alger remains JMU's president, right?

So you're not going to answer the question? Ok, how about this one, have you ever contacted any of the BOV members to voice your concerns about Alger and/or JMU's football classification?

Yes, I think the board has a say in the matter.
Yes, I have sent emails to board members and the Duke Club expressing the hope that JMU joins football peers and better utilizes resources. It has been a long time, years, since the email was sent.

No responses.

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - GaryMatthews - 12-16-2020 10:54 AM

(12-16-2020 08:23 AM)Purplehazed Wrote:  

Yes, I have sent emails to board members and the Duke Club expressing the hope that JMU joins football peers and better utilizes resources. It has been a long time, years, since the email was sent.

No responses.

Why not keep doing it? You have no problem repeating your frustrations on here (not saying that's a bad thing, just so you know).

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - NJDuke97 - 12-16-2020 11:31 AM

(12-16-2020 10:54 AM)GaryMatthews Wrote:  

No responses.
T
Why not keep doing it? You have no problem repeating your frustrations on here (not saying that's a bad thing, just so you know).

Yes 1000 % agree - if you feel a certain way you need to keep stating how you feel and keep reminding them. Make them accountable to respond. I send regular emails and if I had a bigger seat of the table I would voice my concerns in other ways.

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - Purplehazed - 12-16-2020 11:41 AM

(12-16-2020 10:54 AM)GaryMatthews Wrote:  

No responses.

Gary - you are on list of favorite posters by the way...

Deaf ears is why I stopped emails to the board.

I have reason to believe that JMU reps read these boards and the powers that be know this board exists.

I keep posting the same thing over and over because I want those people to know that there are alum, a lot, that will NEVER accept that JMU's largest revenue sport not only plays at a junior level, does not play with regional peers and it is not ok with a large group of donating/could donate/will donate group of alum.

What responses do I get, none from the admin. There are posters that I have spoken with that claim JMU is working behind the scenes...

Why not let us know? I don't mean tell us in details what is being done, all I ask for is directionally clear clues...we get NOTHING. The JMU mob is not asking for much.

What would you expect from the quad on the subject of conference when King and or Bourne retire...Nothing?