CSNbbs
Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-288.html)
+----- Forum: JMU Archives (/forum-1006.html)
+----- Thread: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 (/thread-909885.html)

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - Purple - 10-24-2021 09:07 AM

(10-24-2021 06:38 AM)Capt Ed Wrote:  Everyone on this board knows how special JMU is and what we bring to the table of any conference.

Gee, thanks for gracing the SB with your presence. I'll see you on the big boy board.

You come onto our board to accuse us of "egotism" and "elitism," then are arrogant enough to imply that if it hadn't been for other schools pushing for us, we would not have gotten into the Sun Belt.

That is the same arrogance I recall from App posters when you were our rival in FCS.

Most of us here are very happy to be associated with App again, but how about you drop the arrogance and we will settle things on the field.

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - Dignan - 10-24-2021 09:09 AM

(10-24-2021 06:15 AM)Capt Ed Wrote:  
(10-23-2021 08:43 PM)NJDuke97 Wrote:  
(10-23-2021 06:56 PM)waterwagen Wrote:  It’s interesting to me how much of what we’re hearing about how well JMU is prepared in many ways, including how it understands it’s position legally and financially, and what it’s been doing facility and budget-wise over the past decade, run counter to the narrative that the admin are incompetent. I’ve been on the fence about that for a long time but it seems pretty clear they know very well what they are doing.

Also depending on how this all played out which we may never know 100% of the story JMU played a pivotal role in this round of realignment. Courted by multiple conferences , connected with multiple FBS schools and the end game appears to be an expanded G5 that rivals any in the nation with a reworked media deal through ESPN that will pay conference members the same as the new American schools will earn.

Fantastic job by our leadership on this - it may appear to be something that came about only recently but they have been working on this for a long time.

The egotism and elitism of your great leadership and some JMU posters on this board knows no bounds. Yes, you finally got an invite you felt was worthy of you. But, it wasn't the ACC, AAC, or even C-USA, it was the same conference you snubbed 7 years ago. The one that would hurt your academic reputation, whose schools went to meaningless bowl games, who had to play on week nights, and that just weren't good enough to be associated with.

The main reasons you were invited this time is because of your geographical location and because Marshall insisted, not because of how great you are. Thankfully however, you've been working on getting ready for 7 years and you aren't associated with the Falwell's, allowing the SB member schools to vote yes.

When you're moved to the Sun Belt forums, a little advice. Try to be a little humble. Acknowledge the work App State, Georgia Southern, Louisiana, Coastal, and the rest of the conference put in while you monitored. In the last 7 years the member schools moved the SB from the worst FBS conference to arguably the first or second best. Show some respect. Oh, and ditch those streamers.

This is really weird. You seem to think this is about you. It is not. This is about the long debate we have had on our boards about whether JMU’s leadership was just sitting on its hands and might have lost its chance to move up when it last presented itself whatever year that was. The revelation is that it does seem that, during this time, JMU’s leadership actually was building up the program and the infrastructure in such a way to make us as ready as possible when the moment presented itself.

There have been years of angst leading up to this and you’re getting your panties in a bunch about people appreciating the job our leadership did as if it were some slight or insult to the members of the Sun Belt Conference. The reason everyone is excited now is we do see how much the SBC has improved after the past several years. Also, if we weren’t all that eager to have conference travel to Idaho and New Mexico previously can you blame us?

Finally I leave you this.

https://youtu.be/MKHhKJ4ILjQ?t=3m12s

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - HyperDuke - 10-24-2021 09:11 AM

I can’t wait to throw dozens of streamers in Boone again, just to trigger Capt Ed. Literally can’t imagine someone being a bigger snowflake.

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - Saint3333 - 10-24-2021 09:14 AM

Who said be less proud? Perhaps you shouldn’t start by attacking others though.

Imagine transferring to a new town/school and an old friend sticks up for you to be included into an attractive friend group.

This is what happened. You guys can choose how you’d like to start that relationship.

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - Purple - 10-24-2021 09:18 AM

(10-24-2021 08:03 AM)jaybird44 Wrote:  JMU posters, welcome and we are very happy to be joining Sun Belt with you. Our schools need to be in the same conference. Excited about the other schools, but those boys gotta remember they AIN'T pushing no virginia boys around. That goes for every sport, not just football. Welcome, brothers and sisters.

Thanks. I agree. Let the rivalry resume!

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - Dignan - 10-24-2021 09:20 AM

(10-24-2021 06:38 AM)Capt Ed Wrote:  Everyone on this board knows how special JMU is and what we bring to the table of any conference.

Gee, thanks for gracing the SB with your presence. I'll see you on the big boy board.

Are you saying that now that the football team we root for will become FBS we will transmogrify into higher beings like App State fans apparently did a few years ago? I’m so excited to transcend the astral plane and be a big boy like you. Like the subdivision classification of a team we root for determines the level of discourse and our own maturity.

“Big boy board.” Man you sound like a condescending prick.

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - #YEEHAWDUKES - 10-24-2021 09:22 AM

(10-24-2021 09:14 AM)Saint3333 Wrote:  Who said be less proud? Perhaps you shouldn’t start by attacking others though.

Imagine transferring to a new town/school and an old friend sticks up for you to be included into an attractive friend group.

This is what happened. You guys can choose how you’d like to start that relationship.

It was the app state fan that came here and literally said “The main reasons you were invited this time is because of your geographical location and because Marshall insisted, not because of how great you are.”

The jmu fan base has nothing but respect for app state and we can’t wait to share a conference. No one is attacking you

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - Dignan - 10-24-2021 09:22 AM

(10-24-2021 09:14 AM)Saint3333 Wrote:  Who said be less proud? Perhaps you shouldn’t start by attacking others though.

But who attacked who? Honestly I’m missing something.

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - Purple - 10-24-2021 09:24 AM

(10-24-2021 08:43 AM)mainejeff Wrote:  Where you guys gonna land for field hockey? I'm guessing the Big East? That would be a great spot with UConn, Liberty and ODU...all very good programs.

This moment is bittersweet as I feel like you're all grown up now and moving out....my trolling days on the JMU board are growing short. A special shutout to Dukester as we've been jousting on and off for about 20 years.....you finally did it kid. Congrats again guys on the move!

Thanks, Jeff. You finally got your wish, JMU is gone! You have been a class poster, in my opinion. I guess we may see Maine one more time on the field. Don't be a stranger.

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - Saint3333 - 10-24-2021 09:25 AM

Calling the member that was the most vocal to get you guys added over established FBS programs a one trick pony isn’t a great start.

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - mainejeff - 10-24-2021 09:25 AM

But what about field hockey? Big East?

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - HyperDuke - 10-24-2021 09:28 AM

(10-24-2021 09:25 AM)Saint3333 Wrote:  Calling the member that was the most vocal to get you guys added over established FBS programs a one trick pony isn’t a great start.

So be a big boy and address that individual, not a mental midget who pretends like that individual speaks for all JMU fans. I mean, basic logic.

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - Duke Dawg - 10-24-2021 09:28 AM

Imagine sitting in your home and someone walks in uninvited and starts talking about how uncomfortable the couches are, or how small the living room is, or how tacky the decor looks, or how bland the food is.

This is what happened.

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - Dignan - 10-24-2021 09:28 AM

(10-24-2021 09:25 AM)Saint3333 Wrote:  Calling the member that was the most vocal to get you guys added over established FBS programs a one trick pony isn’t a great start.

I didn’t say that but the dude touched a nerve by butting into a conversation he had no part in. App State is good at baseball too, so it’s not just football. I’m not familiar with your other sports.

Anyway, we’re all tickled to be with you guys in SBC. If anybody’s being attacked it’s Capt Ed, who probably isn’t even a Captain anyway.

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - Duke Dawg - 10-24-2021 09:30 AM

You missed a number of posts in this thread clearly

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - Saint3333 - 10-24-2021 09:38 AM

I’ve only read the last 15ish posts, it is 57 pages.

If I missed the gratitude posts for schools that battled for you apologies. My first post here spelled out how this transpired.

App was very fortunate to be in a position 7 years ago to join this conference and needed other to take a chance on us. Very grateful for that opportunity. Then we worked hard to raise our profile and on the field success. That success has helped us influence the direction of the conference and our goal of multiple eastern rivals has come to fruition.

Look forward to JMUs journey to do the same. You have something many of the latest AAC call up don’t, a fanbase that is invested.

Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - atljmualum - 10-24-2021 09:40 AM

(10-24-2021 08:58 AM)Saint3333 Wrote:  The back room dealings were interesting this time around and showed how prior relationships really helped JMU (and others relationships hurt themselves).

The SBC was looking to add two, USM and Marshall.

Some schools wanted to go to 14 to create better regional travel, App being one of the most vocal.

Schools were concerned about splitting tv revenue, but ESPN stepped up to equalize per school payouts.

App pushed for JMU and ODU expecting pushback from the western members for LA Tech and WKU. LA Tech’s attitude towards the SBC and public statements turned them off and WKU previously leaving the Belt didn’t receive western support or significant pushback which was somewhat surprising.

App’s admin has always been a supporter of JMU and tried to get them to come along last time. JMU did turn down the offer (I’m not here to debate the primary reason).

In just seven years App’s AD has gained a ton of respect in that room and now molded the ideal eastern division for us (as well as easing one of JMUs previous concerns). I just hope we can keep him a few more years.

Welcome to the conference. Give humility a chance upon entrance though.

Looking forward to being in a conference with App and the rest of the transformed SB — should be a great conference and one that will prove extremely challenging week in week out for sure.

If you’re looking for humility from this board, just follow some of our in game threads :).

In all seriousness, as another poster said, every school’s board is made up of a mix of personalities that all have one thing in common — they all root hard for their schools and think and want them to the best. In the end, most not named Alabama in FBS or NDSU in FCS end up disappointed and can’t lay claim to being the best, but it doesn’t stop folks, present company included, from rooting hard and thinking that our school and program is awesome and has the potential to compete with the best (not suggesting anyone here has any visions of grandeur that we could compete with the top tier FBS Bamas of the world before anyone reads too much into this).

Can’t wait to be part of the SB but am also a realist and know that if JMU’s FB team doesn’t improve significantly from the coaching and on-field performances we’ve seen the past few weeks that we could be in for a rude awakening upon entry into the league. I’m hopeful that will all get corrected and we will compete week in week out right out of the gate, as I believe we are more than capable of doing so but am also not naive to think we may not take some lumps, as the SB and East division in particular are going to be a real gauntlet.

Looking forward to reigniting the rivalries of past and creating new ones as well!

Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - atljmualum - 10-24-2021 09:41 AM

(10-24-2021 08:58 AM)Saint3333 Wrote:  The back room dealings were interesting this time around and showed how prior relationships really helped JMU (and others relationships hurt themselves).

The SBC was looking to add two, USM and Marshall.

Some schools wanted to go to 14 to create better regional travel, App being one of the most vocal.

Schools were concerned about splitting tv revenue, but ESPN stepped up to equalize per school payouts.

App pushed for JMU and ODU expecting pushback from the western members for LA Tech and WKU. LA Tech’s attitude towards the SBC and public statements turned them off and WKU previously leaving the Belt didn’t receive western support or significant pushback which was somewhat surprising.

App’s admin has always been a supporter of JMU and tried to get them to come along last time. JMU did turn down the offer (I’m not here to debate the primary reason).

In just seven years App’s AD has gained a ton of respect in that room and now molded the ideal eastern division for us (as well as easing one of JMUs previous concerns). I just hope we can keep him a few more years.

Welcome to the conference. Give humility a chance upon entrance though.

Looking forward to being in a conference with App and the rest of the transformed SB — should be a great conference and one that will prove extremely challenging week in week out for sure.

If you’re looking for humility from this board, just follow some of our in game threads :).

In all seriousness, as another poster said, every school’s board is made up of a mix of personalities that all have one thing in common — they all root hard for their schools and think and want them to the best. In the end, most not named Alabama in FBS or NDSU in FCS end up disappointed and can’t lay claim to being the best, but it doesn’t stop folks, present company included, from rooting hard and thinking that our school and program is awesome and has the potential to compete with the best (not suggesting anyone here has any visions of grandeur that we could compete with the top tier FBS Bamas of the world before anyone reads too much into this).

Can’t wait to be part of the SB but am also a realist and know that if JMU’s FB team doesn’t improve significantly from the coaching and on-field performances we’ve seen the past few weeks that we could be in for a rude awakening upon entry into the league. I’m hopeful that will all get corrected and we will compete week in week out right out of the gate, as I believe we are more than capable of doing so but am also not naive to think we may not take some lumps, as the SB and East division in particular are going to be a real gauntlet.

Looking forward to reigniting the rivalries of past and creating new ones as well!

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - olddawg - 10-24-2021 09:41 AM

(10-24-2021 09:28 AM)Dignan Wrote:  

I didn’t say that but the dude touched a nerve by butting into a conversation he had no part in. App State is good at baseball too, so it’s not just football. I’m not familiar with your other sports.

Anyway, we’re all tickled to be with you guys in SBC. If anybody’s being attacked it’s Capt Ed, who probably isn’t even a Captain anyway.

Haha! Well, there are Captains....and then there are captains

[Image: 636301026146770000]

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - Purple - 10-24-2021 09:42 AM

(10-24-2021 09:06 AM)#YEEHAWDUKES Wrote:  This whole show humility and be humble is weird. This is our board. What do you expect? Of course we think highly of our entire athletic program - and we have results across the board to support that. It would never cross my mind to go on an app state or odu board to tell them to be less proud of their programs and accomplishments.

Exactly! If you want to see humility, don't visit the App board. It ain't there and never has been.