CSNbbs
Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-288.html)
+----- Forum: JMU Archives (/forum-1006.html)
+----- Thread: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 (/thread-909885.html)

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - truthahn - 09-12-2021 08:09 PM

(09-12-2021 07:51 PM)Duke Dawg Wrote:  Which would you prefer, schedule A or B:

Schedule A:

William & Mary
@Maryland
@Ohio
Arkansas State
@georgia southern
Coastal Carolina
Appalachian State
@georgia state
Troy
@marshall
@Louisiana
Old Dominion

Schedule B:

William & Mary
@Maryland
@Ohio
Tulsa
@east carolina
Temple
Rice
@south florida
Tulane
@marshall
@utsa
old dominion

I'm pretty sure Alger would pick the one with some actually great universities in it.

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - truthahn - 09-12-2021 08:12 PM

(09-12-2021 08:03 PM)Duke Dawg Wrote:  
(09-12-2021 08:00 PM)truthahn Wrote:  
(09-12-2021 06:25 PM)Duke Dawg Wrote:  
(09-12-2021 06:14 PM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  
(09-12-2021 06:12 PM)Duke Dawg Wrote:  There is no basketball revenue in the aac when cincy, houston and Memphis all leave.

Temple has no cache anymore

Memphis??? Though I do agree.

Memphis and Boise are joining the 2nd round of big12 expansion.

It’s why the aac is no longer attractive,

It’s cusa 3.0 but without any football OR basketball revenue and a bunch of schools that have already peaked in high school.

The AAC will reload before the Big12 makes any further invites. But even if Memphis does leave, the AAC is still attractive enough to pull whatever teams from CUSA/SB that it feels can add value to the group.

SMU, Tulane, Temple, Tulsa, ECU, Navy and USF is enough. There are easily six or seven teams in the CUSA/SB that match up well with that footprint and level, UTSA, Texas State, GSU, UAB, Charlotte, Ark State, Louisiana, Army, maybe a few more.

If the AAC takes seven of those, the CUSA and Sun Belt might as well just merge and call it a day.

Exactly. None of those schools impact what the sun belt can and will do.

And that league is cusa 3.0. A bunch of schools that don’t fit. Spread out all over the place, no blue bloods that will attract big tv revenue, a mix of privates and publics. It’s a hot mess doomed to failure.

The new sun belt will far surpass it and be much stronger

Maybe that is because most of those were actually in CUSA just a few years ago.

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - Bill - 09-12-2021 08:15 PM

(09-12-2021 08:06 PM)jmu18 Wrote:  in a super ideal world we’d love to have all the eastern teams together - ODU, App, ECU, Temple, Navy, Coastal, Charlotte, Marshall, Memphis, Georgia State, Georgia Southern… that won’t happen though so the Sun Belt theory is next best

Add Liberty Temple and that's a 14 team conference I'd love to see. Didn't Bourne allude to a new conference being a possibility?

Saw you had Temple, but even with no Liberty, I'd take that 12 team conference.

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - DirtyDukes - 09-12-2021 08:17 PM

(09-12-2021 08:05 PM)olddawg Wrote:  
(09-12-2021 05:55 PM)Rock House Duke Wrote:  
(09-12-2021 12:55 PM)DirtyDukes Wrote:  Being on campus yesterday helped me avoid all this nonsense in here, but also put me in touch with donors bigger than any of us.

- AAC came in 2016 and said "hey if y'all build a bball arena you're in"

-We will 100% get an AAC invite and herfan's cleft jaw will drop to the ground

-Then his head will explode when we turn it down to go to the SunBelt East

The only draw that the AAC is basketball revenue. But I think our goal is to limit expenses by playing local rivals. We wanna be in a bus league.

[b]Book it?[/b]

Haha! Which poster was responsible for that famous utterance?

It was me. Which is probably why he said it 03-wink

I'd say book it but technically my last book it is still in effect since I never gave a deadline...

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - truthahn - 09-12-2021 08:18 PM

(09-12-2021 07:52 PM)Bill Wrote:  
(09-12-2021 07:33 PM)JMUDuke25 Wrote:  Big 12 going to 14 teams or are two more leaving?

The Big 12 commish said the other day that it is possible they were not done expanding yet, so going to 14.

I'm pretty sure that means the Big12 will reevaluate expansion after they have a chance to see how this version works for a few years.

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - NJDuke97 - 09-12-2021 08:21 PM

(09-12-2021 07:54 PM)JMUNation Wrote:  
(09-11-2021 07:16 PM)Purple Wrote:  
(09-11-2021 04:22 PM)NJDuke97 Wrote:  I’m sorry I don’t buy the narrative that President Alger is inept has no connections in higher education and can’t get the job done but I think the outcome doesn’t rest on the shoulders of one person it’s institutional and based on decades of preparation building and investment. It’s as much the result of the growth of JMU Nation and our brand then it is of who our President is.

That said, you don’t get to President Alger’s level without the intelligence ability and respect to participate in these discussions- same with Bourne- yet on these boards folks have painted a different picture. I think they are about to be proven wrong.

Bullsh!t. ODU pulled the FBS trigger almost immediately after fielding a football team. It isn't rocket science. You can excuse the foot-dragging all you want. I ain't buying it!

With the exception to their time in FCS, ODU has had little to no success in football. As an FBS school, they have been consistently ranked in the bottom ten poll and were the only CUSA team that didn’t play last fall. They have been in CUSA for a whopping 8 years and are already looking to change leagues. Had JMU moved with them, JMU may have cancelled the fall season as well and been looking to move too. Using ODU to support your argument, is a pretty poor choice. Maybe try using App?

I have as much faith for JMU Football as anyone but keep in mind one thing- if Cusa was a possibility for JMU in 2013 they weren’t the JMU Football that they are today. Sure we had a good history and had won one national championship 10 years prior but the program was scuffling a little in 2013 and nowhere near the juggernaut that it is today or has been for the last 5 years. People are looking in the rear view with present day sunglasses.

If this round of realignment yields a more regional conference with multiple rivals/potential rivals ( as Jeff Bourne predicted) I don’t get why people are so angry that JMU waited. JMU Football has continued to grow since 2013 in every possible way on and off the field and there is no doubt we will be successful in FBS and now as part of a conference that is more appealing to fans, our student athletes across all of our sports, and our Media partners. If this comes to fruition JMU made the right choice in being patient and waiting.

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - JMUNation - 09-12-2021 08:25 PM

(09-12-2021 08:21 PM)NJDuke97 Wrote:  
(09-11-2021 04:22 PM)NJDuke97 Wrote:  I’m sorry I don’t buy the narrative that President Alger is inept has no connections in higher education and can’t get the job done but I think the outcome doesn’t rest on the shoulders of one person it’s institutional and based on decades of preparation building and investment. It’s as much the result of the growth of JMU Nation and our brand then it is of who our President is.

That said, you don’t get to President Alger’s level without the intelligence ability and respect to participate in these discussions- same with Bourne- yet on these boards folks have painted a different picture. I think they are about to be proven wrong.

Bullsh!t. ODU pulled the FBS trigger almost immediately after fielding a football team. It isn't rocket science. You can excuse the foot-dragging all you want. I ain't buying it!

With the exception to their time in FCS, ODU has had little to no success in football. As an FBS school, they have been consistently ranked in the bottom ten poll and were the only CUSA team that didn’t play last fall. They have been in CUSA for a whopping 8 years and are already looking to change leagues. Had JMU moved with them, JMU may have cancelled the fall season as well and been looking to move too. Using ODU to support your argument, is a pretty poor choice. Maybe try using App?

I have as much faith for JMU Football as anyone but keep in mind one thing- if Cusa was a possibility for JMU in 2013 they weren’t the JMU Football that they are today. Sure we had a good history and had won one national championship 10 years prior but the program was scuffling a little in 2013 and nowhere near the juggernaut that it is today or has been for the last 5 years. People are looking in the rear view with present day sunglasses.

If this round of realignment yields a more regional conference with multiple rivals/potential rivals ( as Jeff Bourne predicted) I don’t get why people are so angry that JMU waited. JMU Football has continued to grow since 2013 in every possible way on and off the field and there is no doubt we will be successful in FBS and now as part of a conference that is more appealing to fans, our student athletes across all of our sports, and our Media partners. If this comes to fruition JMU made the right choice in being patient and waiting.

Solid points. I don’t know how anyone can argue this. ODUs football program has trended down since 2013 while JMUs has trended up.

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - bcp_jmu - 09-12-2021 08:30 PM

ODU will need to turn it around ..not like that's an impossibility

Is this someone here?

[Html] <a href="https://twitter.com/JMUGameday/status/1437207952037928960?[/a][/html]

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - bcp_jmu - 09-12-2021 08:39 PM

Jesus i give up posting a tweet

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - JMUDuke25 - 09-12-2021 08:48 PM

(09-12-2021 08:30 PM)bcp_jmu Wrote:  ODU will need to turn it around ..not like that's an impossibility

Is this someone here?

[Html] <a href="https://twitter.com/JMUGameday/status/1437207952037928960?[/html]

A division with Marshall, ODU, Appy, Coastal, GS1, and GS2 is almost perfect. I would drop the entire west to add ECU and Charlotte. Hopefully this all shakes out very soon

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - DoubleDogDare - 09-12-2021 08:49 PM

(09-12-2021 08:39 PM)bcp_jmu Wrote:  Jesus i give up posting a tweet

But yeah, my guess is their "anonymous source" is CSNBBS

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - CarRamrod - 09-12-2021 08:54 PM

Oh my god, it's going to happen, we may actually get to bury these Conference Rumor threads. I, for one, look forward to p!ssing on the ash heap so we can get back to enjoying JMU sports on here again without every thread being derailed by the same cool guys.

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - Bill - 09-12-2021 09:01 PM

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - 14SemesterDuke - 09-12-2021 09:12 PM

(09-12-2021 09:01 PM)Bill Wrote:  

Yeah, they are just reading this thread.

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - jmu98 - 09-12-2021 09:15 PM

(09-12-2021 09:12 PM)14SemesterDuke Wrote:  

Maybe, maybe not. However there is no doubt that this is not just a rumor.

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - DukeQuin - 09-12-2021 09:19 PM

(09-12-2021 09:15 PM)jmu98 Wrote:  

Read back a few days' worth of posts from that account and ask yourself if it is breaking news or is written by someone with deeply placed sources.

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - Purple - 09-12-2021 09:27 PM

My argument was it isn't hard to move up. That's all.

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - ericsaid - 09-12-2021 09:37 PM

(09-12-2021 09:15 PM)jmu98 Wrote:  

Didn't everyone already know this was a possibility?

C-USA is licking their chops at the prospect of dropping ODU and USM though.

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - James Madison - 09-12-2021 09:42 PM

This is great news if there is truth to these sources. A conference with JMU, App, Marshall, ODU, and then either Coastal or ECU (depending on where we go) would be amazing. Massive upgrade from the CAA. Hopefully this is announced soon

RE: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - Starfox207 - 09-12-2021 09:42 PM

Have to say, sorry for Barging in I mean absolutely no disrespect at all. I just want to say that whatever I stumbled upon, I may have found the source of some valuable realignment rumors, and that this is a huge sign of a vibrant and engaged fan base for a school.

I learned today about some Rajin Cajun and their boards, and this one. It’s are very very lively with just so much hope. And it sounds like this story and opportunity for your team I will be cheering for your team. FBS is about to change for better I believe. From that tweet, as a Pirate fan I strongly prefer us to have a national reach and I have grown extremely attached to Tulane, Temple, and strangely enough Shockers. From straight impact to peoples lives in Appalachia, this is going to wreck havoc on people’s lives and engagement in a huge way. Positive of course, that message board is going to be pretty lit. May be the best thin for everyone in Va and NC. Turn these hills into a recruiting ground.

To App st, these would be a major upgrade atleast from what I believe brand wise to associate with. Huge win and for JMU out the gate. Honestly I hope this happens for that east division. We will poach it if need be down the road but dang… if I didn’t have A strong AAC, ACC, or SEC aspirations I would want in on this. If we go west which I hope we do, your P7 hands down.