CSNbbs
Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-288.html)
+----- Forum: JMU Archives (/forum-1006.html)
+----- Thread: Newest Conference Rumor/Discussion 2.0 (/thread-909885.html)

RE: Boise State, Marshall, Coastal Carolina, Liberty - HyperDuke - 11-10-2020 08:08 PM

Too bad Liberty has hit their peak. Wish more was possible for them, but Duke Dawg knows this is the best they can do. Too bad.

RE: Boise State, Marshall, Coastal Carolina, Liberty - FBS Dave - 11-10-2020 10:10 PM

(11-10-2020 07:32 PM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  
(11-10-2020 06:09 PM)FBS Dave Wrote:  The exposure for Liberty goes way beyond the ACCN ratings. Any game on ACCN will be less than an ESPN game as ESPN has a much larger base of casual viewers. It’s great to be on ACCN though and much better than a steaming option.

Liberty gets all the added exposure of the game summary, the highlights on the wrap shows, the ranking discussions - it’s great exposure for Liberty (just as UCF had great exposure a few years ago).

It’s surprising there is even this low level of disagreement on the Indy path for JMU. I guess Marshall or App fans might get defensive as that is not their path, but JMU (like UConn) can have a much better Indy schedule with a mix of P5, G5, and Indy without the commitment to play a full G5 conference schedule.

Good info from Dukeman2. It looks like some of the heavy hitters are saying “enough” of this nonsense. It’s too bad it takes this to awaken admins from their “monitoring” slumber. They are getting paid decent coin to monitor.

That is an interesting take. Look at the success of the other Indies not named Liberty or BYU (who have more money than Midas) or Army (Storied national brand/service academy). UMASS, NMSU, and UCONN are disasters.

I wouldn’t mind at all sharing a conference with JMU, but there just isn’t room. If I had any say, if I were JMU, I’d come hat in hand and tail between legs to both the MAC and SBC. JMU has something to contribute. I’m not saying JMU could not be a successful Indy by any stretch, but it’ll be a bit more difficult to do than you think.

You are talking about Liberty as if they were a consensus to succeed. There were naysayers for Liberty too. Liberty actually had to proactively step forward and break the mold to set the ascension to Indy Path.

UConn is an Indy failure? They haven’t played as an Indy yet and they have great schedules lined up and their own TV contract. They are Big East for basketball so they really are living the best of both worlds outside of P5 money.

MAC? Sun Belt? CUSA? No thanks! If a conference was necessary for moving up any of those would be a fair consideration, but with the Indy path there is no need! Better to pick and choose a better schedule.

Take the lessons of Liberty and UConn and set an Indy path.

RE: Boise State, Marshall, Coastal Carolina, Liberty - ah59396 - 11-10-2020 11:11 PM

(11-10-2020 10:10 PM)FBS Dave Wrote:  
(11-10-2020 06:09 PM)FBS Dave Wrote:  The exposure for Liberty goes way beyond the ACCN ratings. Any game on ACCN will be less than an ESPN game as ESPN has a much larger base of casual viewers. It’s great to be on ACCN though and much better than a steaming option.

Liberty gets all the added exposure of the game summary, the highlights on the wrap shows, the ranking discussions - it’s great exposure for Liberty (just as UCF had great exposure a few years ago).

It’s surprising there is even this low level of disagreement on the Indy path for JMU. I guess Marshall or App fans might get defensive as that is not their path, but JMU (like UConn) can have a much better Indy schedule with a mix of P5, G5, and Indy without the commitment to play a full G5 conference schedule.

Good info from Dukeman2. It looks like some of the heavy hitters are saying “enough” of this nonsense. It’s too bad it takes this to awaken admins from their “monitoring” slumber. They are getting paid decent coin to monitor.

That is an interesting take. Look at the success of the other Indies not named Liberty or BYU (who have more money than Midas) or Army (Storied national brand/service academy). UMASS, NMSU, and UCONN are disasters.

I wouldn’t mind at all sharing a conference with JMU, but there just isn’t room. If I had any say, if I were JMU, I’d come hat in hand and tail between legs to both the MAC and SBC. JMU has something to contribute. I’m not saying JMU could not be a successful Indy by any stretch, but it’ll be a bit more difficult to do than you think.

You are talking about Liberty as if they were a consensus to succeed. There were naysayers for Liberty too. Liberty actually had to proactively step forward and break the mold to set the ascension to Indy Path.

UConn is an Indy failure? They haven’t played as an Indy yet and they have great schedules lined up and their own TV contract. They are Big East for basketball so they really are living the best of both worlds outside of P5 money.

MAC? Sun Belt? CUSA? No thanks! If a conference was necessary for moving up any of those would be a fair consideration, but with the Indy path there is no need! Better to pick and choose a better schedule.

UCONN has 4 home games in 2021 and 5 home games in 2022.

They host:

(FCS) Holy Cross
Purdue
(G5) Wyoming
(G5) MTSU
(FCS) CCSU
(G5) Fresno State
(G5/Indy) Liberty
Boston College
Syracuse

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa-2021/team/uconn

JMU actually has a fanbase unlike UCONN, so I doubt their fans would be pleased with 4-5 home games a season. I know App wouldn’t like it.

UCONN is a state flagship university with 4x the endowment of James Madison and nearly a $3B budget. James Madison has a $620m budget.

UCONN has an $81m athletic budget, James Madison has a $35m athletic budget.

None of this is a slight at JMU, they are in the same boat as App or Marshall. But to pretend like JMU and UCONN would be playing with the same chips is a little ripe.

JMU can ultimately do what they think is best but I think going independent would be a disaster for them for a number of reasons. Not to mention that as an independent, losing 1 or 2 games early in the season all but ends yours.

RE: Boise State, Marshall, Coastal Carolina, Liberty - THUNDERStruck73 - 11-11-2020 10:10 AM

Do you even watch FBS football? Yes, UCONN is a disaster. Their schedule isnt horrible, but they are not going to invest the money in football needed to be successful. They will be lucky to even be close bowl eligible. They are a basketball school. Do you understand how much money needs to be invested to go Indy? That is where the bulk of their budget comes from. You act like they can just schedule anyone they want willy nilly. It doesn’t work that way. UCONNs budget is P5 echelon. JMUs is about half of UCONNs. You are comparing apples and tires.

UCONNs home schedule is garbage. And again, I’d rather be in a conference and reap the benefits of CFP money and having a shot at the access bowl.

RE: Boise State, Marshall, Coastal Carolina, Liberty - FBS Dave - 11-11-2020 02:16 PM

(11-11-2020 10:10 AM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  

Do you even watch FBS football? Yes, UCONN is a disaster. Their schedule isnt horrible, but they are not going to invest the money in football needed to be successful. They will be lucky to even be close bowl eligible. They are a basketball school. Do you understand how much money needs to be invested to go Indy? That is where the bulk of their budget comes from. You act like they can just schedule anyone they want willy nilly. It doesn’t work that way. UCONNs budget is P5 echelon. JMUs is about half of UCONNs. You are comparing apples and tires.

UCONNs home schedule is garbage. And again, I’d rather be in a conference and reap the benefits of CFP money and having a shot at the access bowl.
Some look at things the way they are and can only think that is the way things will always be. It’s one reason change is difficult.

UConn has not been good lately. They are brand new on the Indy path. Their successes are joining the Big East stabilizing basketball (they have been horrible in basketball recently too but I expect they will crack the rankings this year), they have gone Indy in football, they have built a schedule better than a G5 schedule, and they have a TV contract. Are they done rebuilding? Hell no! They still have to win! They made need a coaching change. If they succeed on the field they are already set with their path. Their schedule only gets better and the TV contracts get better.

With Big East hoops and Indy Football UConn is better positioned than a Marshall.

RE: Boise State, Marshall, Coastal Carolina, Liberty - Curtisc83 - 11-11-2020 02:22 PM

Coach Freeze just got a raise and extension. The news article said it’s in the 3mil range. So he’s up there above most of the G5 and a good portion of the non elite P5.

RE: Boise State, Marshall, Coastal Carolina, Liberty - Duke Dawg - 11-11-2020 02:38 PM

(11-11-2020 02:22 PM)Curtisc83 Wrote:  Coach Freeze just got a raise and extension. The news article said it’s in the 3mil range. So he’s up there above most of the G5 and a good portion of the non elite P5.

Good for him and his family.

I’m guessing the liberty board is probably a better place to post this.

RE: Boise State, Marshall, Coastal Carolina, Liberty - Curtisc83 - 11-11-2020 02:44 PM

(11-11-2020 02:38 PM)Duke Dawg Wrote:  
(11-11-2020 02:22 PM)Curtisc83 Wrote:  Coach Freeze just got a raise and extension. The news article said it’s in the 3mil range. So he’s up there above most of the G5 and a good portion of the non elite P5.

I posted it all over. This thread is also about LU.

RE: Boise State, Marshall, Coastal Carolina, Liberty - jmudukes001 - 11-11-2020 03:00 PM

(11-11-2020 02:44 PM)Curtisc83 Wrote:  

Good luck from this JMU fan against NC State and Coastal. To beat NC State and go 3-0 against the ACC this season would be an incredible achievement. The Coastal game should be fun to watch too.

I cannot even imagine the excitement on these boards and the JMU nation if we were ranked 23 or whatever and were 2-0 against the ACC. Would be our best season in history, and I think we already have a bigger more loyal fan base, a fan base that would increase tremendously more by a season like that. Can only imagine unfortunately.

RE: Boise State, Marshall, Coastal Carolina, Liberty - Curtisc83 - 11-11-2020 03:04 PM

(11-11-2020 03:00 PM)jmudukes001 Wrote:  

Good luck from this JMU fan against NC State and Coastal. To beat NC State and go 3-0 against the ACC this season would be an incredible achievement. The Coastal game should be fun to watch too.

I cannot even imagine the excitement on these boards and the JMU nation if we were ranked 23 or whatever and were 2-0 against the ACC. Would be our best season in history, and I think we already have a bigger more loyal fan base, a fan base that would increase tremendously more by a season like that. Can only imagine unfortunately.

Well come on over to the land of FBS and we can all have a good ole time. I think a JMU rivalry would be fun.....The Intellectual snobs vs the Fighting Christians!!!!! Will the power of baby Jesus or Science win......BOUT of the season!

RE: Boise State, Marshall, Coastal Carolina, Liberty - HyperDuke - 11-11-2020 03:08 PM

Hahahaha yesss

RE: Boise State, Marshall, Coastal Carolina, Liberty - FBS Dave - 11-11-2020 03:20 PM

(11-11-2020 03:00 PM)jmudukes001 Wrote:  Good luck from this JMU fan against NC State and Coastal. To beat NC State and go 3-0 against the ACC this season would be an incredible achievement. The Coastal game should be fun to watch too.

Yes! Beat NC State!

RE: Boise State, Marshall, Coastal Carolina, Liberty - Dukester - 11-11-2020 03:38 PM

Hey, if he accomplished the same thing at JMU I'm sure we could get him into the mil "range". That's probably my biggest reason not to move for me. Under this admin we'd likely do so saving $ in the wrong areas.

RE: Boise State, Marshall, Coastal Carolina, Liberty - Dukeman2 - 11-11-2020 03:49 PM

Just for perspectives, Duke Dawg spent 10ys on these boards adamantly telling us the following:

- it was impossible to go from FCS to FBS without a conference affiliation
- Liberty would never be able to schedule home games against P5 schools
- ODU would never get home games against VA Tech and UVA

Oh yeah, this year he told us there would no no college football, period...

RE: Boise State, Marshall, Coastal Carolina, Liberty - boozeNammo - 11-11-2020 04:24 PM

Well that's constructive... at least in the 'nanny nanny boo hoo' sense.

RE: Boise State, Marshall, Coastal Carolina, Liberty - Duke Dawg - 11-11-2020 04:34 PM

(11-11-2020 03:49 PM)Dukeman2 Wrote:  Just for perspectives, Duke Dawg spent 10ys on these boards adamantly telling us the following:

- it was impossible to go from FCS to FBS without a conference affiliation
- Liberty would never be able to schedule home games against P5 schools
- ODU would never get home games against VA Tech and UVA

Oh yeah, this year he told us there would no no college football, period...

03-lmfao 10 years. 03-lmfao

Was not the ncaa rule that you had to be invited by a conference? Was not my opinion. I didn’t make it up. Liberty threatened to sue. Good for them.

The odu thing is just wrong. I’m sure I said the opposite. Both want to play at odu to show off for the recruited there. In fact, I was one of the few on here saying odu would be successful because of the location. I just defended them on another realignment thread from cusa fans who think they have no shot. I suspect they are just having a blip, but will get things together at some point and be strong cusa members. Which will earn them a early December bowl against a Mac team.

Dukeman just making stuff up as usual because he knows it doesn’t bother me what he says. 04-cheers

RE: Boise State, Marshall, Coastal Carolina, Liberty - Purplehazed - 11-11-2020 05:07 PM

(11-11-2020 03:00 PM)jmudukes001 Wrote:  

+1 beat NC State. 3 and 0 against the ACC going into two of the games ranked, incredible progress in a short time.

Does LU attribute the progress to monitoring the situation or communicating a goal and working towards the goal?

I don't cate if you post of our board but beware if you do...just sayin' there will be people saying LU is not a school, not ranked, not playing three ACC teams, not FBS and that playing Bob Morris is a better model for financial success and progress. Heck, they hate me because I am not a purple sheep.

RE: Boise State, Marshall, Coastal Carolina, Liberty - ballantyneapp - 11-11-2020 07:00 PM

Tuition for online "classes" just went up 10%

RE: Boise State, Marshall, Coastal Carolina, Liberty - Duke Dawg - 11-11-2020 09:56 PM

Dukeman will tell you everything is cool and normal this year.

Meanwhile, we got 10 games postponed this weekend...and counting.

Saturday is turning into a shitshow.

RE: Boise State, Marshall, Coastal Carolina, Liberty - FBS Dave - 11-11-2020 11:33 PM

Lakers and Dodgers are going to count this year.

(Nats and Wizards fans say it’s not a real season anyway)