CSNbbs
Fauci declares war on Trump's Covid response, publicly backs Biden - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Fauci declares war on Trump's Covid response, publicly backs Biden (/thread-909787.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Fauci declares war on Trump's Covid response, publicly backs Biden - TripleA - 10-31-2020 11:05 PM

Free article. Excerpts:

President Trump’s repeated assertions the United States is “rounding the turn” on the novel coronavirus have increasingly alarmed the government's top health experts, who say the country is heading into a long and potentially deadly winter with an unprepared government unwilling to make tough choices.

“We’re in for a whole lot of hurt. It’s not a good situation,” Anthony S. Fauci, the country’s leading infectious-disease expert, said in a wide-ranging interview late Friday. “All the stars are aligned in the wrong place as you go into the fall and winter season, with people congregating at home indoors. You could not possibly be positioned more poorly.”

Fauci said former vice president Joe Biden’s campaign “is taking it seriously from a public health perspective.” Trump, Fauci said, is “looking at it from a different perspective.” He said that perspective was “the economy and reopening the country.”

He also lamented that Scott Atlas, a neuroradiologist and Trump’s favored pandemic adviser, who advocates letting the virus spread among young healthy people and reopening the country without restrictions, is the only medical adviser the president regularly meets with.

“I have real problems with that guy,” Fauci said of Atlas. “He’s a smart guy who’s talking about things that I believe he doesn’t have any real insight or knowledge or experience in. He keeps talking about things that when you dissect it out and parse it out, it doesn’t make any sense.”

READ LOTS MORE HERE:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/fauci-covid-winter-forecast/2020/10/31/e3970eb0-1b8b-11eb-bb35-2dcfdab0a345_story.html

RE: Fauci declares war on Trump's Covid response, publicly backs Biden - Billy_Bearcat - 10-31-2020 11:09 PM

Is this the October surprise the NYT and Post were waiting to publish?

RE: Fauci declares war on Trump's Covid response, publicly backs Biden - bullet - 10-31-2020 11:09 PM

Fauci needs to be removed November 4th. He is really forgetting his role.

Now its not as bad as the OP is making it sound, but he is still stepping over the line.
Trump NEEDS to consider the economic impact.

RE: Fauci declares war on Trump's Covid response, publicly backs Biden - UofMstateU - 10-31-2020 11:09 PM

Fauci doesnt have science, the facts, or his previous statements on his side.

RE: Fauci declares war on Trump's Covid response, publicly backs Biden - TripleA - 10-31-2020 11:24 PM

(10-31-2020 11:09 PM)bullet Wrote:  Fauci needs to be removed November 4th. He is really forgetting his role.

Now its not as bad as the OP is making it sound, but he is still stepping over the line.
Trump NEEDS to consider the economic impact.

Hmm, I think publicly endorsing your boss' political opponent 3 days before an election is pretty bad, especially when Covid is polling along with the economy as the main issues for most voters.

Read the entire article.

I would call that trying to put the thumb on the scales for your viewpoint. Nobody elected Fauci. He's the one praising all the draconian lockdowns in Europe and Australia.

RE: Fauci declares war on Trump's Covid response, publicly backs Biden - Attackcoog - 10-31-2020 11:27 PM

To be fair, he is not wrong. Trump looks at the virus response from a more multifaceted standpoint that includes considering how Covid response measures affect an economy that feeds, clothes, and shelters 330 million Americans. He can not afford to look at the response in the myopic single dimensional way Faucci views it.

RE: Fauci declares war on Trump's Covid response, publicly backs Biden - TripleA - 10-31-2020 11:40 PM

(10-31-2020 11:27 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  To be fair, he is not wrong. Trump looks at the virus response from a more multifaceted standpoint that includes considering how Covid response measures affect an economy that feeds, clothes, and shelters 330 million Americans. He can not afford to look at the response in the same Single dimensional somewhat myopic way Faucci views it.

Fauci's not wrong? He wants to lock down the country (i.e. non-essential businesses) and has said that gatherings of more than a few people, as in churches, schools and so on, should continue to be banned, until perhaps 2022. He said that a few weeks ago.

He is also on record as saying the vaccine might be only 30-50% effective, and that maybe only half the country would take it. And that we should stop shaking hands forever.

He has praised the latest efforts of Australia, France and other countries who have reinstituted draconian lockdowns in the face of rising cases, but not hospital shortages or commiserate rising deaths.

I have no issue with him giving that advice to Trump, and letting Trump decide what to do, balancing concerns of the economy along with it.

But I have a HUGE issue with Fauci going public 3 days before an election, and basically saying Trump is ignoring his advice in favor of economics. Nobody elected Fauci. That is Trump's decision.

Put it in a corporate setting. Let's say a CEO, elected by the Board, makes a public policy statement of great import to a large section of the country, then a VP who gave input to the CEO comes out and says he disagrees with the CEO, and that the CEO is making a mistake.

How long do you think that VP would remain with the company?

And Fauci went further, saying he was endorsing Biden's approach. It distinctly says in high level federal departmental contracts that you can't do that.

Not to mention, there are plenty of experts in epidemiology and infectious diseases in the US and around the world who strongly disagree with practically all of Fauci's views. They are easy to find on Fox, online, etc.

So, Fauci is definitely wrong to speak out, and he doesn't hold a monopoly on the right things to do, even on the medical side of the equation.

RE: Fauci declares war on Trump's Covid response, publicly backs Biden - 450bench - 10-31-2020 11:40 PM

What a douche. The guy is a hack and needs to be canned immediately

RE: Fauci declares war on Trump's Covid response, publicly backs Biden - usmbacker - 11-01-2020 12:12 AM

I am afraid Dr. Fauci, you are seen as a completely incompetent person who didn't know jack sh#t about covid19 and the more you spoke the more obvious it became. Only those infected with TDS will care what nonsense you are ranting about in terms of supporting Biden. To be honest, you and Joe remind me of each other and deserve each other.

RE: Fauci declares war on Trump's Covid response, publicly backs Biden - bullet - 11-01-2020 12:33 AM

(10-31-2020 11:27 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  To be fair, he is not wrong. Trump looks at the virus response from a more multifaceted standpoint that includes considering how Covid response measures affect an economy that feeds, clothes, and shelters 330 million Americans. He can not afford to look at the response in the myopic single dimensional way Faucci views it.

That's why I was saying Fauci's comment was not as bad as it first sounds.

RE: Fauci declares war on Trump's Covid response, publicly backs Biden - GeminiCoog - 11-01-2020 12:51 AM

Of course, he is. He supported Hillary in 2016, after all. #sawitcomingamileaway

RE: Fauci declares war on Trump's Covid response, publicly backs Biden - ODUsmitty - 11-01-2020 01:19 AM

Methinks Mr. Fauci likes the cameras a little too much and forgets his role as an advisor, vice the decision-maker. I'd fire Wray first, and very publicly and spectacularly, but douchnozzle Fauci would be next, followed by a timeline of how this toad actually lobbied for US funding of the very Wuhan site that begat this virus.

RE: Fauci declares war on Trump's Covid response, publicly backs Biden - TripleA - 11-01-2020 02:03 AM

(11-01-2020 12:33 AM)bullet Wrote:  
(10-31-2020 11:27 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  To be fair, he is not wrong. Trump looks at the virus response from a more multifaceted standpoint that includes considering how Covid response measures affect an economy that feeds, clothes, and shelters 330 million Americans. He can not afford to look at the response in the myopic single dimensional way Faucci views it.

That's why I was saying Fauci's comment was not as bad as it first sounds.

It's not what he said, as much as what he did. He came out and criticized Trump's response to the virus 3 days before the election. As a federal employee serving the president, it's perhaps illegal (depending on the wording of his contract), and certainly at least against protocol to do that.

He endorsed Biden's approach, and thus put his hands on the scales of an election. And nobody elected him to jack.

Then he criticized another WH adviser, Atlas, who has a different approach, but certainly not one that is out of the mainstream, as Fauci attempted to portray it. Protect the vulnerable and let others go back to work safely, vs. more lockdowns.

And finally, Fauci's approach is not universally accepted as correct. There are many others just as qualified, who disagree with his approach, recommendations and comments, so it's not like Fauci's approach is the only key to the kingdom. Many say it's actually a failed policy.

Yet he endorses Biden, and makes it seem like Biden will do the right thing, when it very well could be the wrong thing.

And doing it all publicly 3 days before an election is unheard of, afaik.

It could sway an election, for no good reason, other than Fauci wants his approach to prevail. Over any consideration of the economy.

But as you say, Trump has to consider both, not one, and Fauci is back dooring him at the last minute.

RE: Fauci declares war on Trump's Covid response, publicly backs Biden - TripleA - 11-01-2020 02:07 AM

(11-01-2020 01:19 AM)ODUsmitty Wrote:  Methinks Mr. Fauci likes the cameras a little too much and forgets his role as an advisor, vice the decision-maker. I'd fire Wray first, and very publicly and spectacularly, but douchnozzle Fauci would be next, followed by a timeline of how this toad actually lobbied for US funding of the very Wuhan site that begat this virus.

Now there's another whole thread of a story.

RE: Fauci declares war on Trump's Covid response, publicly backs Biden - ericsrevenge76 - 11-01-2020 02:19 AM

I think Fauci is a far more sinister person than most of the country realizes, as is the entire covid pandemic.

RE: Fauci declares war on Trump's Covid response, publicly backs Biden - WKUYG - 11-01-2020 05:03 AM

I think on Nov 4th the President should put this in his top 3 thinks to do. Get in front of a mic and say just as soon as I can get around to it...like 5 minutes from now. Dr Fauci, you're fired. Since I won reelection and one of the main concerns for the voters of this country was Covid. Those people voted for me to lead American on the federal level as I have. Since you dont seem to agree with me or the American people...You Sir Are Fired so be by your phone in 5 minutes and start cleaning out your office. No on second thought. Wait for the Federal marshals to walk you to that office to get your personal belongings.

Mr. FBI Director meet me at the White House but give me 5 minutes to tie up a loose end. .

RE: Fauci declares war on Trump's Covid response, publicly backs Biden - mptnstr@44 - 11-01-2020 07:34 AM

Guessing Fauci is watching the polls and positioning himself for a job in the Biden administration.
Fauci is a Swamp creature ultimately looking out for himself.

RE: Fauci declares war on Trump's Covid response, publicly backs Biden - BartlettTigerFan - 11-01-2020 07:39 AM

(11-01-2020 02:19 AM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  I think Fauci is a far more sinister person than most of the country realizes, as is the entire covid pandemic.

You are absolutely correct about both.

RE: Fauci declares war on Trump's Covid response, publicly backs Biden - TheOriginalBigApp - 11-01-2020 07:45 AM

(11-01-2020 07:34 AM)mptnstr@44 Wrote:  Guessing Fauci is watching the polls and positioning himself for a job in the Biden administration.
Fauci is a Swamp creature ultimately looking out for himself and his pending book deal

there ya go

RE: Fauci declares war on Trump's Covid response, publicly backs Biden - solohawks - 11-01-2020 07:54 AM

(11-01-2020 02:19 AM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  I think Fauci is a far more sinister person than most of the country realizes, as is the entire covid pandemic.

YES!

Also, someone knows they are getting fired if Trump wins