CSNbbs
AState at App State Discussion thread - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: AState at App State Discussion thread (/thread-908775.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

AState at App State Discussion thread - chiefsfan - 10-16-2020 08:44 PM

AState makes its first trip up the Mountain 5 years. The last time we were there, the current QB Coach at UMass ran and passed for a lot of yards on a shell shocked App defense in a blowout win.

3 years later, App returned the favor blowing the doors off of AState in Jonesboro.

This will be App's first game in over a month since their Covid outbreak, ironically playing the only other SBC team that has endured and recovered from a Covid outbreak. Likewise, this will be AState's first game under a new defensive coaching staff after the old ones were axed today.

Can App stop Adams and Green? Can AState force a few punts? What say you guys?

RE: AState at App State Discussion thread - sdcritter - 10-16-2020 08:50 PM

StAte is in disarray. App owns them in this one. Defense wins championships.

RE: AState at App State Discussion thread - AppinVA - 10-16-2020 09:06 PM

Seeing our name back in a game thread is cathartic.

RE: AState at App State Discussion thread - Michael in Raleigh - 10-16-2020 09:14 PM

Wait, this is still football season?

RE: AState at App State Discussion thread - chiefsfan - 10-16-2020 09:33 PM

(10-16-2020 09:14 PM)Michael in Raleigh Wrote:  Wait, this is still football season?

I'm sure you guys are aware of this, but there is no other season. Its football season, bowl season, recruiting season, spring practice season, vacation season, fall camp season, and then football season again

I've heard some other schools play this sport called "Basketball" but we chose not to participate in such nonsense...

RE: AState at App State Discussion thread - chiefsfan - 10-16-2020 09:34 PM

(10-16-2020 08:50 PM)sdcritter Wrote:  StAte is in disarray. App owns them in this one. Defense wins championships.

We can beat App this year. We have the offense to give them trouble. The issue is whether our defense can improve in a week.

RE: AState at App State Discussion thread - Saint3333 - 10-16-2020 10:06 PM

Can App hold Ark st under 30? If so we win, if not 50/50.

Their pass game is legit and we will be rusty, I assume App will be favored by ~7

RE: AState at App State Discussion thread - moehler - 10-17-2020 07:18 AM

App’s secondary is for real, I expect Ark St to move the ball, but nothing like they did against the Panthers.

RE: AState at App State Discussion thread - WinstonTheWolf - 10-17-2020 09:22 AM

(10-16-2020 10:06 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  Can App hold Ark st under 30? If so we win, if not 50/50.

Their pass game is legit and we will be rusty, I assume App will be favored by ~7

A-State will be 2 TD road dogs.

RE: AState at App State Discussion thread - AppinSC - 10-17-2020 09:38 AM

I'm just giddy that we are playing this week. I can see Ark St move the ball as good as their offense is this year. If App can score more than 28, I think that we could win. Maybe, 38-35 App.

RE: AState at App State Discussion thread - sdcritter - 10-17-2020 10:31 AM

Have you watched our defense? I’m pretty sure you guys will have no trouble scoring. If your defense makes a few stops you’ll win.

RE: AState at App State Discussion thread - chiefsfan - 10-17-2020 11:35 AM

(10-17-2020 10:31 AM)sdcritter Wrote:  Have you watched our defense? I’m pretty sure you guys will have no trouble scoring. If your defense makes a few stops you’ll win.

Our biggest edge is they will be rusty and fatigued coming off their Covid battles. We saw how terrible we looked in our first game post covid.

RE: AState at App State Discussion thread - moehler - 10-17-2020 12:50 PM

(10-17-2020 11:35 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(10-17-2020 10:31 AM)sdcritter Wrote:  Have you watched our defense? I’m pretty sure you guys will have no trouble scoring. If your defense makes a few stops you’ll win.

Our biggest edge is they will be rusty and fatigued coming off their Covid battles. We saw how terrible we looked in our first game post covid.

It’s a valid point, I got no expectations for this game, just happy we are finally playing and hopefully we get the win

RE: AState at App State Discussion thread - EigenEagle - 10-17-2020 01:13 PM

This game was supposed to have much better game week threads.

Two years ago Ark State fans were deflated because they lost to us. Last year the two teams didn't play. Now this year App fans are down because they've lost to Marshall and haven't played in a month and Ark State has had defensive problems.

I demand ASU versus ASU threads where both fan bases complain their accomplishments aren't respected enough by the other.

RE: AState at App State Discussion thread - DeanoAPP - 10-17-2020 03:54 PM

App will probably be rusty as well as having a month of not playing, I predict a sloppy first half with App winning by 7.

RE: AState at App State Discussion thread - chiefsfan - 10-17-2020 04:46 PM

(10-17-2020 01:13 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  This game was supposed to have much better game week threads.

Two years ago Ark State fans were deflated because they lost to us. Last year the two teams didn't play. Now this year App fans are down because they've lost to Marshall and haven't played in a month and Ark State has had defensive problems.

I demand ASU versus ASU threads where both fan bases complain their accomplishments aren't respected enough by the other.

Yeah, that's happened once, in 2015. Its not happened since. Though the SBC scheduling matrix keeping from playing each other in 3 of their first 6 years in league doesn't help matters...

RE: AState at App State Discussion thread - sdcritter - 10-17-2020 05:39 PM

Make no mistake, beating you guys is only second to beating those turds in southern Louisiana whom I’m afraid to say their name because it will hurt their feelings. That said, I have zero confidence in anything on this stAte team other than the ability to pass the ball. It’s hard to put yourself out there with any smack talk in these conditions.

RE: AState at App State Discussion thread - moehler - 10-17-2020 06:24 PM

(10-17-2020 05:39 PM)sdcritter Wrote:  Make no mistake, beating you guys is only second to beating those turds in southern Louisiana whom I’m afraid to say their name because it will hurt their feelings. That said, I have zero confidence in anything on this stAte team other than the ability to pass the ball. It’s hard to put yourself out there with any smack talk in these conditions.

Yep, this isn’t sandbagging by either fanbase, neither side has a clue on what to expect from their teams.

RE: AState at App State Discussion thread - Rik Flair - 10-18-2020 09:05 AM

If all things were normal, I would expect this to be a double-digit App win. But with all of the unknowns, the game is much harder to forecast.

1. How much has Covid affected App's practices?

Before Coastal, lots of the stAte players and units had long stretches of not practicing and working together due to Covid restrictions and it clearly had an impact.

2. How will the stAte defense responds to the changes in leadership?

3. Can App's offense execute and be balanced?

If App comes out on fire and controls the clock, they may dominate the game. If they have trouble executing and mistakes, then this could be a game.

RE: AState at App State Discussion thread - OsageJ - 10-18-2020 11:10 AM

My biggest concern is if App covers their center with bubble wrap!!!!