CSNbbs
Southern Miss Basketball Just Improved - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: Southern Miss Basketball Just Improved (/thread-908580.html)

Southern Miss Basketball Just Improved - Eagleholic - 10-13-2020 02:33 PM

It's always good to have a coach that has led a team to the Final Four helping out...

Richard Williams is back in coaching biz, as special assistant to Ladner at Southern Miss

RE: Southern Miss Basketball Just Improved - everyone - 10-13-2020 02:59 PM

(10-13-2020 02:33 PM)Eagleholic Wrote:  It's always good to have a coach that has led a team to the Final Four helping out...

Richard Williams is back in coaching biz, as special assistant to Ladner at Southern Miss

I guess that's good. Can he recruit? We need more talent. Fans aren't coming to see coaches and they aren't coming to watch a team lose to William Carey. Ladner has a lot to prove.

RE: Southern Miss Basketball Just Improved - Eagleholic - 10-13-2020 03:12 PM

(10-13-2020 02:59 PM)everyone Wrote:  
(10-13-2020 02:33 PM)Eagleholic Wrote:  It's always good to have a coach that has led a team to the Final Four helping out...

I guess that's good. Can he recruit? We need more talent. Fans aren't coming to see coaches and they aren't coming to watch a team lose to William Carey. Ladner has a lot to prove.

The team will be much more talented and athletic with length this season. It may take them some time to gel, but this team should be really good at CUSA Tourney Time.

RE: Southern Miss Basketball Just Improved - stinkfist - 10-13-2020 03:18 PM

attaboy, Jay!

#fatherfigure

@smart!

RE: Southern Miss Basketball Just Improved - stinkfist - 10-13-2020 03:24 PM

wisdom in tandem has the ability to elevate behind closed doors that transfers to the floor....

he didn't hire Williams to recruit...

if successful, the results will take care of itself...

RE: Southern Miss Basketball Just Improved - Luckyshot - 10-13-2020 04:36 PM

We're recruiting just fine under Ladner. Most talented team in decades, but will take some time to meld. Ladner also hasn't lost to WC, that was his predecessor.

RE: Southern Miss Basketball Just Improved - Eagleholic - 10-13-2020 05:37 PM

(10-13-2020 04:36 PM)Luckyshot Wrote:  

We're recruiting just fine under Ladner. Most talented team in decades, but will take some time to meld. Ladner also hasn't lost to WC, that was his predecessor.

I expect the team to be more uptempo this year looking to push the ball up the court more often. I also expect to see more pressure defense and trapping from this year's team.

RE: Southern Miss Basketball Just Improved - 12thmonarch - 10-13-2020 06:37 PM

Good for you guys. USM is one of those teams who comes up with an occasional clutch game enough to cause problems to the top order of the conference.

RE: Southern Miss Basketball Just Improved - TTT - 10-14-2020 08:19 AM

I fully expect USM to be in the CUSA tourney semi-finals this season.

RE: Southern Miss Basketball Just Improved - HogDawg - 10-14-2020 10:50 AM

I can't imagine that Williams will make that big of a difference. His resume says he was at Louisiana Tech, and I never even knew it! So, let's call him "Mr. Cellophane".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX5lYVqTxgI

Quote:Lyrics:
Cellophane
Mister Cellophane
Shoulda Been My Name
Mister Cellophane
'Cause You Can Look Right Through Me
Walk Right By Me
And Never Know I'm There...
I Tell Ya
Cellophane
Mister Cellophane
Shoulda Been My Name
Mister Cellophane
'Cause You Can Look Right Through Me
Walk Right By Me
And Never Know I'm There...

RE: Southern Miss Basketball Just Improved - Eagleholic - 10-15-2020 09:37 AM

Some good insight in this article.
Southern Miss has first practice

RE: Southern Miss Basketball Just Improved - Reggie Favre - 10-15-2020 04:42 PM

This will be the best team we have had in years. Not saying much but feels good to be on the up swing. Much more talent than we are use to. Ladner has picked up some pretty good players.

RE: Southern Miss Basketball Just Improved - everyone - 10-16-2020 10:45 AM

(10-15-2020 04:42 PM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  This will be the best team we have had in years. Not saying much but feels good to be on the up swing. Much more talent than we are use to. Ladner has picked up some pretty good players.

I am not seeing that any of them were heavily recruited by any team worth noting. I'm fine being the sceptic. The Wyoming transfer averaged 4 points a game in JC? Still a lot to prove.