CSNbbs
2nd team all decade - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ASunbbs (/forum-341.html)
+---- Forum: Atlantic Sun Team Talk (/forum-319.html)
+----- Forum: Bellarmine (/forum-1002.html)
+----- Thread: 2nd team all decade (/thread-907875.html)

2nd team all decade - knightmoves - 10-01-2020 02:38 PM

BU announced the all decade team. No surprises really. GOAT, Thelan, Eberhard, Troutman, and Kendle. Not room for a whole lot of debate, I may have gone with Benedetti or Dowe over Troutman.

So what is the second team all decade? My picks:

Justin Benedetti
Chris Dowe
Alex Cook
Brent Bach
Luke Sprague

There is little doubt that the second five could hang with the first. In fact, they probably are more athletic as a group.

What the heck, third team:
Keistan Jones
Vance Hall
Chris Whitehead
George Suggs
Al Davis

Frankly, if Whitehead had played more than one season, he could have been first team.

And finally, what you have all been waiting for, The All Decade Disappointing team:

Josh Derksen (captain and MVD)
Yasin Kolo
Richie Phares
Nick Fredrick
Sean McNeil

Probably more talent than on the 1st team, especially if you consider that McNeil led the nation in scoring at JUCO and may lead West Virginia in scoring this coming season.

RE: 2nd team all decade - BellarmineGrad - 10-01-2020 08:14 PM

To use an annoying term from the annoying world of sports gambling, you're going with "chalk."

RE: 2nd team all decade - BGrad1971 - 10-02-2020 08:24 AM

(10-01-2020 02:38 PM)knightmoves Wrote:  BU announced the all decade team. No surprises really. GOAT, Thelan, Eberhard, Troutman, and Kendle. Not room for a whole lot of debate, I may have gone with Benedetti or Dowe over Troutman.

So what is the second team all decade? My picks:

Justin Benedetti
Chris Dowe
Alex Cook
Brent Bach
Luke Sprague

There is little doubt that the second five could hang with the first. In fact, they probably are more athletic as a group.

What the heck, third team:
Keistan Jones
Vance Hall
Chris Whitehead
George Suggs
Al Davis

Frankly, if Whitehead had played more than one season, he could have been first team.

And finally, what you have all been waiting for, The All Decade Disappointing team:

Josh Derksen (captain and MVD)
Yasin Kolo
Richie Phares
Nick Fredrick
Sean McNeil

Probably more talent than on the 1st team, especially if you consider that McNeil led the nation in scoring at JUCO and may lead West Virginia in scoring this coming season.

Generally agree with all of this although its tough not to put Chris Dowe on the first team but Rusty T was a great one and if push came to shove I would put them both on the first team and have 6 players there. Also very strongly agree (ooh I'm starting to sound like the president) that if Whitehead had been at BU more years he'd be on 1st team. The guy was AMAZING with what he could do given his size.

RE: 2nd team all decade - Boogie Knights - 10-08-2020 04:19 PM

Just to make it interesting, I can argue that if you aren't going to move Whitehead up to 2nd team because he only played one year, then Cook and Bach really don't deserve it either. Sure they played for four years but they really didn't have that great of careers until their senior season. I also could be technical in defining what is the decade because Alex didn't make his greatest play until 2020.

I also think Rusty is just slightly ahead of Dowe, because Rusty was a significant contributor, as in being a starter, to two Final Four teams. I know it is slight but its the best reason I can think of for the ranking.

RE: 2nd team all decade - Boogie Knights - 10-15-2020 02:51 PM

To no great surprise, the GOAT was named player of the decade https://athletics.bellarmine.edu/news/2020/10/15/hobbs-victorious-in-vote-for-player-of-the-decade-for-mens-basketball.aspx

The only surprise for me is when I voted a week or two ago, Thelen had the lead. Must have been a big surge in northern Ky fans for him early.