CSNbbs
[NEWS] 19 black families buy tract in Georgia to create an oasis of safety - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: [NEWS] 19 black families buy tract in Georgia to create an oasis of safety (/thread-906893.html)

Pages: 1 2

19 black families buy tract in Georgia to create an oasis of safety - CrimsonPhantom - 09-15-2020 05:59 PM

Quote:Nineteen black families have purchased almost 100 acres of land in Georgia in hopes of founding a city where they can be safe, CNN has reported.

The city will be named, simply, “Freedom.”

“I’m hoping that it will be a thriving safe haven for people of color, for black families in particular,” Ashley Scott, one of the new owners and the real estate agent who sold the land, told the network.

The land, in the town of Toomsboro in rural Wilkinson County, was purchased in August by families now calling themselves the “Freedom Georgia Initiative.”

The tract was originally advertised in the website Toomsboroforsale.com, though only a portion of the town was actually for sale, CNN reported.

The sales price, which was pooled by the consortium of families, was $1.7 million.

Link

RE: 19 black families buy tract in Georgia to create an oasis of safety - olliebaba - 09-15-2020 06:06 PM

Great! I hope everyone of those blm'ers go there too. I wonder what kind of work they'll be doing? It's not like they like to work, actual work, that is.

I really don't give a hoot, go, go now, who cares?

RE: 19 black families buy tract in Georgia to create an oasis of safety - JRsec - 09-15-2020 06:10 PM

(09-15-2020 05:59 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  
Quote:Nineteen black families have purchased almost 100 acres of land in Georgia in hopes of founding a city where they can be safe, CNN has reported.

The city will be named, simply, “Freedom.”

“I’m hoping that it will be a thriving safe haven for people of color, for black families in particular,” Ashley Scott, one of the new owners and the real estate agent who sold the land, told the network.

The land, in the town of Toomsboro in rural Wilkinson County, was purchased in August by families now calling themselves the “Freedom Georgia Initiative.”

The tract was originally advertised in the website Toomsboroforsale.com, though only a portion of the town was actually for sale, CNN reported.

The sales price, which was pooled by the consortium of families, was $1.7 million.

Link

There be some rich crackers in Wilkinson County now!

RE: 19 black families buy tract in Georgia to create an oasis of safety - Fo Shizzle - 09-15-2020 06:29 PM

Since Im a strong believer in private property rights..I can have nothing negative to say about this. I sincerely hope it achieves the intended goal.

RE: 19 black families buy tract in Georgia to create an oasis of safety - rath v2.0 - 09-15-2020 06:32 PM

Great idea!....for those who like watching 2 monkeys trying to **** a football from the perspective of impending fair housing suits if it ever moves from private property to incorporated municipal entity.

RE: 19 black families buy tract in Georgia to create an oasis of safety - Fo Shizzle - 09-15-2020 06:42 PM

(09-15-2020 06:32 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Great idea!....for those who like watching 2 monkeys trying to **** a football from the perspective of impending fair housing suits if it ever moves from private property to incorporated municipal entity.

For those that have not heard of Soul City...check it out. It was around 5000 acres and was to be a planned community. It never really achieved what it set out to do and ran into all kinds of legal problems.

RE: 19 black families buy tract in Georgia to create an oasis of safety - Native Georgian - 09-15-2020 06:50 PM

(09-15-2020 06:29 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  Since Im a strong believer in private property rights..I can have nothing negative to say about this. I sincerely hope it achieves the intended goal.
My thoughts exactly.

RE: 19 black families buy tract in Georgia to create an oasis of safety - Bear Catlett - 09-16-2020 06:40 AM

This is good.

Let them get in to their little no whites allowed utopia safe haven away from all the evils of the outside world.

Let them start having their disagreements about how things should be run. One family starts letting their deadbeat relatives move in. Then the deadbeat's friends all start hanging out. Then one family moves out and everyone hates the new occupants. One guy doesn't mow his grass as much as he should. And so on.

And then... they'll realize that society's ill's are actually produced from one's mindset and not the particular shade of one's skin.

RE: 19 black families buy tract in Georgia to create an oasis of safety - SuperFlyBCat - 09-16-2020 06:58 AM

They didn't buy a town nor a part of a town they bought rural acreage. There are no buildings and no utilities. Are there not small existing towns and hoods in the South that are majority black? Wake me up when they actually build something there. What a waste.

RE: 19 black families buy tract in Georgia to create an oasis of safety - ODUsmitty - 09-16-2020 11:20 AM

(09-15-2020 06:29 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  Since Im a strong believer in private property rights..I can have nothing negative to say about this. I sincerely hope it achieves the intended goal.

Not sure why this is news, but hope nothing but the best of luck to them in trying to build a community that prospers and is safe.

RE: 19 black families buy tract in Georgia to create an oasis of safety - gdunn - 09-16-2020 11:22 AM

One has to wonder if this is some off the grid type living. No overhead power lines, using solar energy or hydro energy.

Water to be used from a well they drill or if they'll collect water.

Curious to see how this goes.

RE: 19 black families buy tract in Georgia to create an oasis of safety - bobdizole - 09-16-2020 11:24 AM

Hippies been doing this for years, it's called a commune

RE: 19 black families buy tract in Georgia to create an oasis of safety - GrayBeard - 09-16-2020 12:01 PM

I agree with you; however, the voluntary segregation does sadden me a little.

But hey, they can do that.

RE: 19 black families buy tract in Georgia to create an oasis of safety - SuperFlyBCat - 09-16-2020 12:08 PM

(09-16-2020 11:22 AM)gdunn Wrote:  One has to wonder if this is some off the grid type living. No overhead power lines, using solar energy or hydro energy.

They are going to need a ship full of donations to get the right utilities up and running.
Unless they get LeBron to give them a bunch of money I don't see anything happening.

RE: 19 black families buy tract in Georgia to create an oasis of safety - GrayBeard - 09-16-2020 12:12 PM

(09-16-2020 12:08 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  
(09-16-2020 11:22 AM)gdunn Wrote:  One has to wonder if this is some off the grid type living. No overhead power lines, using solar energy or hydro energy.

They are going to need a ship full of donations to get the right utilities up and running.
Unless they get LeBron to give them a bunch of money I don't see anything happening.

So if they could afford the price tag on the land, what makes you think they can't afford everything else they need?

RE: 19 black families buy tract in Georgia to create an oasis of safety - Hambone10 - 09-16-2020 12:21 PM

(09-16-2020 11:24 AM)bobdizole Wrote:  Hippies been doing this for years, it's called a commune

This... or religious groups.... or just those homesteader types... there are 3-4 such shows on TV about them...

In many ways I support them... and certainly support their choice to do whatever they want... but there will be some inevitabilities and it will be interesting to see what happens.

1) if it fails, who will be blamed.
2) if it succeeds, will outsiders be allowed in? How 'black' will you need to be? What if you married a white person? Could they form a franchise with a 'white' partner like WalMart?
3) what happens when someone intentionally challenges any charges of racism/preferential treatment?

I mean the odds are that it will be like most of America where people would accept all people and things would be fine... but it would also attract that small percentage of racists who would eventually screw it up for everyone, UNLESS they are allowed to break rules that the rest of the country cannot.

If its not a nice place, then it won't matter... nobody will care... but if it is, I guarantee that SOMEONE will cause a ruckus

RE: 19 black families buy tract in Georgia to create an oasis of safety - shere khan - 09-16-2020 12:25 PM

Good for them. I'm gonna move there. If they deny me I'm gonna sue the ever living shite out of them for discrimination.

03-lmfao

RE: 19 black families buy tract in Georgia to create an oasis of safety - EverRespect - 09-16-2020 12:41 PM

I agree in principle, but isn't this illegal? I can't buy 100 acres and subdivide or rent it out restricted to white people. We either have Jim Crow or not. I frankly don't care either way, but pick one and apply it consistently.

RE: 19 black families buy tract in Georgia to create an oasis of safety - SuperFlyBCat - 09-16-2020 12:42 PM

(09-16-2020 12:12 PM)GrayBeard Wrote:  
(09-16-2020 12:08 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  

So if they could afford the price tag on the land, what makes you think they can't afford everything else they need?

There was 19 people in on the purchase, so they put up 100K on average (so long as they are not getting money elsewhere). Among those 19 people (families) there are going to be deaths, divorces, illness, job changes, And they are amateurs. They have to build roads, storm sewers, need water, have to get power to the site.....then start building houses and whatever else. How is the LLC structured is there a managing partner, does that partner need X amount of votes to proceed with something. As an example when they start building the first house who gets the house? They would have better off finding a small town, with existing infrastructure, and individually start buying houses on the same street or something like that. I read a bunch of articles about this story they have no idea what they are doing. They think they can build a Chinatown or Koreatown, Little Italy for Blacks. News flash it already exists it is called Atlanta.

RE: 19 black families buy tract in Georgia to create an oasis of safety - Eagleaidaholic - 09-16-2020 12:54 PM

Wonder if there will be updates as the years go by?