CSNbbs
AState/UCA likely postponed - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: AState/UCA likely postponed (/thread-906869.html)

AState/UCA likely postponed - chiefsfan - 09-15-2020 02:48 PM

Due to a Covid outbreak in our football program.

No announcement from school yet. But Jonesboro is a terrible place for secrets

AState/UCA likely postponed - panama - 09-15-2020 02:56 PM

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

RE: AState/UCA likely postponed - EagleNationRising - 09-15-2020 03:14 PM

Lol y’all probably made a good decision on this. Would have been a stressful Saturday going blow for blow with Central Arkansas.

RE: AState/UCA likely postponed - TroyFootball05 - 09-15-2020 03:16 PM

(09-15-2020 03:14 PM)EagleNationRising Wrote:  Lol y’all probably made a good decision on this. Would have been a stressful Saturday going blow for blow with Central Arkansas.

That post big win let down is real. This gives them more time to come back down to Earth.

RE: AState/UCA likely postponed - stAteNation - 09-15-2020 03:27 PM

Kind of misleading post their Chief. Unlike other postponements we’ve seen, A-State is not pausing practices or workouts as it’s only one position group that is impacted. Small cluster, not an outbreak.

RE: AState/UCA likely postponed - Usajags - 09-15-2020 03:34 PM

stAte has proven they can’t beat UCA with a full team, they’d never survive a GaSo attempt at competing with them. 03-nutkick

You’ll have to forgive me, I’m still a little salty from the Tulane let down.03-banghead

RE: AState/UCA likely postponed - sdcritter - 09-15-2020 03:41 PM

https://astateredwolves.com/news/2020/9/15/a-state-football-game-versus-uca-rescheduled-for-oct-10.aspx

Official announcement.

RE: AState/UCA likely postponed - chiefsfan - 09-15-2020 05:39 PM

Yeah, it seems important to clarify now that the announcement is out. We're not seeing large numbers of cases within the program, but between cases within the program, and contact investigations from cases in the larger community we've got a sizeable number of players unavailable.

If this had been a conference game, we probably figure out a way to play it. But with FCS schools not playing conference games, there's a unique ability for them to move games around pretty freely. UCA was willing to move to our bye week, and that's what we did.

Having lost to UCA at full strength in 16, we'd rather not give them a chance to beat us again.

RE: AState/UCA likely postponed - stAteNation - 09-15-2020 06:01 PM

According to our 24/7 site this is the result of 1 positive and the resultant Contact tracing. Crazy.

RE: AState/UCA likely postponed - RedWolves05 - 09-16-2020 06:36 AM

I was really looking forward to this "revenge game," as a few players had named it.