CSNbbs
Thank you SMU and Memphis - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: Thank you SMU and Memphis (/thread-906187.html)

Pages: 1 2

Thank you SMU and Memphis - 8BitPirate - 09-06-2020 12:04 PM

Needed a weekend of football and normalcy after these past few months. Felt so good to watch college football....03-cloud9

RE: Thank you SMU and Memphis - coogrfan - 09-06-2020 12:12 PM

(09-06-2020 12:04 PM)8BitPirate Wrote:  Needed a weekend of football and normalcy after these past few months. Felt so good to watch college football....03-cloud9

+1

RE: Thank you SMU and Memphis - Sideshow2313 - 09-06-2020 12:33 PM

(09-06-2020 12:04 PM)8BitPirate Wrote:  Needed a weekend of football and normalcy after these past few months. Felt so good to watch college football....03-cloud9

+1

RE: Thank you SMU and Memphis - ArmoredUpKnight - 09-06-2020 12:39 PM

Glad to see no one lost on ESPN. Great exposure for the conference.

RE: Thank you SMU and Memphis - slhNavy91 - 09-06-2020 01:39 PM

(09-06-2020 12:39 PM)ArmoredUpKnight Wrote:  Glad to see no one lost on ESPN. Great exposure for the conference.

Hey, dont jinx us for tomorrow

RE: Thank you SMU and Memphis - I_LUV_MEMPHISTIGERS - 09-06-2020 02:23 PM

In the words of 6-time Mr. Olympia regarding his training, Dorian Yates:
"It's not pretty, but it works." Like Navy and Army with the Triple Option.

RE: Thank you SMU and Memphis - TroyMan88 - 09-06-2020 02:50 PM

Nice games AAC. Texas state and SMU was a very entertaining game. It seems Texas state took many folks by surprise. They seem much improved from over the course of their existence in Fbs and sunbelt. Hate to say it. I was actually expecting SMU to blow them out of the water., and considering it was national tv I was a bit worried for the SBC. Actually really proud of them. Shows no one can take them lightly. SMU looks solid, although the secondary had bombs thrown at them all day. Young secondary or first game jitters? Hopefully the secondary coach can make some quick fixes.

A state and Memphis - game I was waiting for all day. A state has some tanks up front. Solid offense, but from what I understand they are thin on defense. Good game for sure. Seems they fell off the 2nd half. The defense just lost steam. Memphis is Memphis, solid all-around. Reminds me a lot of App state.

SBC is 1-0 CUSA and 0-2 as of now vs AAC. We will see how the cookie crumbles this season with 4 conferences being out. Just hope all teams can stay safe and healthy.

RE: Thank you SMU and Memphis - I_LUV_MEMPHISTIGERS - 09-06-2020 04:09 PM

We only need 1.21 Giggawatts. Whatever the Hell that is.

RE: Thank you SMU and Memphis - slhNavy91 - 09-06-2020 04:57 PM

(09-06-2020 02:23 PM)I_LUV_MEMPHISTIGERS Wrote:  In the words of 6-time Mr. Olympia regarding his training, Dorian Yates:

Feeling concerned about BYU...but the 96 Aloha Bowl win over Steve Mariucci and Cal just wrapping up on ESPNU.
In addition to personal memories, hearing playet names that are blasts from the past...catching glimpses of Coach Niumatalolo and Coach Jasper on the sidelines

RE: Thank you SMU and Memphis - mikeinoki - 09-07-2020 01:35 AM

[Image: TerrificNeglectedFlyinglemur-small.gif]

RE: Thank you SMU and Memphis - ArmoredUpKnight - 09-07-2020 07:35 AM

(09-06-2020 02:50 PM)TroyMan88 Wrote:  Nice games AAC. Texas state and SMU was a very entertaining game. It seems Texas state took many folks by surprise. They seem much improved from over the course of their existence in Fbs and sunbelt. Hate to say it. I was actually expecting SMU to blow them out of the water., and considering it was national tv I was a bit worried for the SBC. Actually really proud of them. Shows no one can take them lightly. SMU looks solid, although the secondary had bombs thrown at them all day. Young secondary or first game jitters? Hopefully the secondary coach can make some quick fixes.

A state and Memphis - game I was waiting for all day. A state has some tanks up front. Solid offense, but from what I understand they are thin on defense. Good game for sure. Seems they fell off the 2nd half. The defense just lost steam. Memphis is Memphis, solid all-around. Reminds me a lot of App state.

SBC is 1-0 CUSA and 0-2 as of now vs AAC. We will see how the cookie crumbles this season with 4 conferences being out. Just hope all teams can stay safe and healthy.

As an ex-CUSA member I never really believed the recent hype of SBC > CUSA. After this week I’m starting to change my opinion of the SBC.

RE: Thank you SMU and Memphis - Tiger1983 - 09-07-2020 07:44 AM

(09-07-2020 07:35 AM)ArmoredUpKnight Wrote:  
(09-06-2020 02:50 PM)TroyMan88 Wrote:  Nice games AAC. Texas state and SMU was a very entertaining game. It seems Texas state took many folks by surprise. They seem much improved from over the course of their existence in Fbs and sunbelt. Hate to say it. I was actually expecting SMU to blow them out of the water., and considering it was national tv I was a bit worried for the SBC. Actually really proud of them. Shows no one can take them lightly. SMU looks solid, although the secondary had bombs thrown at them all day. Young secondary or first game jitters? Hopefully the secondary coach can make some quick fixes.

As an ex-CUSA member I never really believed the recent hype of SBC > CUSA. After this week I’m starting to change my opinion of the SBC.

Per Massey Composite, the SunBelt outperformed both CUSA and MAC the last two seasons.
https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/arch/compare2019-16.htm
https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/arch/compare2018-15.htm

This season, they finished ahead of the MAC and early indications are they have the advantage over CUSA.

RE: Thank you SMU and Memphis - SadderBudweiser - 09-07-2020 09:44 AM

Congrats Sunbelt.

You are now 2-0 in the morale victory column.

RE: Thank you SMU and Memphis - panicstricken - 09-07-2020 10:05 AM

Thanks for nothing. I lost both bets and you took all the wind out of my Pony CFB Playoff dreams.

Both looked pretty bad against the fun belt.

I do think Spivotal will be a hot commodity pretty soon.

RE: Thank you SMU and Memphis - AusTxPony - 09-07-2020 10:58 AM

A heartfelt thanks to the Players, Staff and Coaches of those teams who have remained in the "football" bubble to keep themselves and others safe. That can't be easy to accomplish, especially for the young men for whom being social at their age is so natural. I applaud your sacrifice.

RE: Thank you SMU and Memphis - ah59396 - 09-07-2020 11:29 AM

(09-07-2020 09:44 AM)SadderBudweiser Wrote:  Congrats Sunbelt.

You are now 2-0 in the morale victory column.

If the conference goes undefeated I could definitely see us getting into the morale victory playoff this year.

RE: Thank you SMU and Memphis - BullsFanInTX - 09-07-2020 11:41 AM

Expected SMU to blow out Texas State. Other than that, congrats on the win guys. Hope Navy continues the trend.

RE: Thank you SMU and Memphis - CoastalJuan - 09-07-2020 11:51 AM

(09-06-2020 04:57 PM)slhNavy91 Wrote:  
(09-06-2020 02:23 PM)I_LUV_MEMPHISTIGERS Wrote:  In the words of 6-time Mr. Olympia regarding his training, Dorian Yates:

Feeling concerned about BYU...but the 96 Aloha Bowl win over Steve Mariucci and Cal just wrapping up on ESPNU.
In addition to personal memories, hearing playet names that are blasts from the past...catching glimpses of Coach Niumatalolo and Coach Jasper on the sidelines

I have a feeling Navy will roll them. Pretty much everyone has looked really sloppy. I expect Navy to be its normal, efficient self. Once BYU gets into a rhythm, they won't be able to catch up.

Just a hunch.

RE: Thank you SMU and Memphis - mikeinoki - 09-09-2020 02:33 PM

(09-07-2020 11:51 AM)CoastalJuan Wrote:  
(09-06-2020 04:57 PM)slhNavy91 Wrote:  

I have a feeling Navy will roll them. Pretty much everyone has looked really sloppy. I expect Navy to be its normal, efficient self. Once BYU gets into a rhythm, they won't be able to catch up.

Just a hunch.

Well this hasn't aged well.
[Image: bad-smell-omg-amc.gif]

RE: Thank you SMU and Memphis - SMUstang - 09-09-2020 02:47 PM

[quote='BullsFanInTX' pid='16980767' dateline='1599496882']
Expected SMU to blow out Texas State. Other than that, congrats on the win guys. Hope Navy continues the trend.
[/quote

Well SMU had 3 touchdowns called back, and fumbled on the 1/2 yard line. Also too many penalties. They will greatly improve before the next game.