CSNbbs
Game Thread: AState vs Tiger Virtual Academy 7:00pm CT ESPN - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Game Thread: AState vs Tiger Virtual Academy 7:00pm CT ESPN (/thread-906065.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Game Thread: AState vs Tiger Virtual Academy 7:00pm CT ESPN - chiefsfan - 09-04-2020 03:38 PM

The 59th meeting between the two schools. Memphis has won either 29 or 30 of those 59 depending on whose Media guide you consider.

This is the first of an 8 year series between the two schools located roughly 65 miles apart from each other spread out over the next decade. The two teams will meet in Jonesboro next year.

Game used to be known as the Paint Bucket Rivalry. In the old days, the winning team got to paint a designated portion of the losing teams campus in their school colors.

AState has won 4 of the last 6 in the series, however the last meeting was 7 years ago, a blowout Memphis Win at the Liberty Bowl.

RE: Game Thread: AState vs Tiger Virtual Academy 7:00pm CT ESPN - chiefsfan - 09-04-2020 09:16 PM

Apparently Memphis starting corner was shot in the leg last weekend on campus. Mind you, as the threat title suggests, Memphis is completely virtual class wise this semester, they've barely let any students on campus, and somehow this still happens.

RE: Game Thread: AState vs Tiger Virtual Academy 7:00pm CT ESPN - sdcritter - 09-04-2020 09:41 PM

Memphis is always going to Memphis.

RE: Game Thread: AState vs Tiger Virtual Academy 7:00pm CT ESPN - GoBigRed26 - 09-04-2020 10:39 PM

(09-04-2020 03:38 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  The 59th meeting between the two schools. Memphis has won either 29 or 30 of those 59 depending on whose Media guide you consider.

This is the first of an 8 year series between the two schools located roughly 65 miles apart from each other spread out over the next decade. The two teams will meet in Jonesboro next year.

Game used to be known as the Paint Bucket Rivalry. In the old days, the winning team got to paint a designated portion of the losing teams campus in their school colors.

AState has won 4 of the last 6 in the series, however the last meeting was 7 years ago, a blowout Memphis Win at the Liberty Bowl.

65 miles by jet pack. If you drive like normal humans it’s 77 miles.

RE: Game Thread: AState vs Tiger Virtual Academy 7:00pm CT ESPN - chiefsfan - 09-04-2020 10:43 PM

(09-04-2020 10:39 PM)GoBigRed26 Wrote:  
(09-04-2020 03:38 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  The 59th meeting between the two schools. Memphis has won either 29 or 30 of those 59 depending on whose Media guide you consider.

65 miles by jet pack. If you drive like normal humans it’s 77 miles.

I measure everything in GSDO miles.

RE: Game Thread: AState vs Tiger Virtual Academy 7:00pm CT ESPN - Tigersmoke4 - 09-04-2020 11:27 PM

(09-04-2020 09:16 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Apparently Memphis starting corner was shot in the leg last weekend on campus. Mind you, as the threat title suggests, Memphis is completely virtual class wise this semester, they've barely let any students on campus, and somehow this still happens.

He wasn't a starter for Memphis, he was an eligible transfer from Auburn. He wasn't shot on campus either. I understand that you are a mod so I won't say much about your inaccuracies that seem to suggest some stereotypical fallacies. So I'll just say I hope it's a good game between two old competitors. You should be shame though. 05-nono05-nono

RE: Game Thread: AState vs Tiger Virtual Academy 7:00pm CT ESPN - Fanof49ASU - 09-04-2020 11:34 PM

(09-04-2020 11:27 PM)Tigersmoke4 Wrote:  
(09-04-2020 09:16 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Apparently Memphis starting corner was shot in the leg last weekend on campus. Mind you, as the threat title suggests, Memphis is completely virtual class wise this semester, they've barely let any students on campus, and somehow this still happens.

He wasn't a starter for Memphis, he was an eligible transfer from Auburn. He wasn't shot on campus either. I understand that you are a mod so I won't say much about your inaccuracies that seem to suggest some stereotypical fallacies. So I'll just say I hope it's a good game between two old competitors. You should be shame though. 05-nono05-nono

Dude....it’s Memphis...birthplace of most all stereotypes.

RE: Game Thread: AState vs Tiger Virtual Academy 7:00pm CT ESPN - chiefsfan - 09-04-2020 11:47 PM

Dude, I am in Memphis every day. Nothing surprises me there anymore. It was more of a commentary that there are somehow issues on campus despite the fact there are few if any students there.

RE: Game Thread: AState vs Tiger Virtual Academy 7:00pm CT ESPN - Tigersmoke4 - 09-05-2020 12:06 AM

(09-04-2020 11:47 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

Dude, I am in Memphis every day. Nothing surprises me there anymore. It was more of a commentary that there are somehow issues on campus despite the fact there are few if any students there.

Guess the part about it not being on campus continues to go over your head or you are enjoying turning a nice little rivalry into some type of weird inappropriate social commentary on a university and city unnecessarily. Well I wish you guys luck after Memphis stomps a mud hole in you, but I don't wanna get banned so ill leave it at that, 05-nono05-nono hopefully our administration will realize that the university no longer has anything to gain by playing teams like ASU with unappreciative fans like some and continue to move on to bigger and better competion.

RE: Game Thread: AState vs Tiger Virtual Academy 7:00pm CT ESPN - troutbummike - 09-05-2020 12:37 AM

stAte by 11

RE: Game Thread: AState vs Tiger Virtual Academy 7:00pm CT ESPN - OsageJ - 09-05-2020 09:46 AM

(09-05-2020 12:06 AM)Tigersmoke4 Wrote:  

Guess the part about it not being on campus continues to go over your head or you are enjoying turning a nice little rivalry into some type of weird inappropriate social commentary on a university and city unnecessarily. Well I wish you guys luck after Memphis stomps a mud hole in you, but I don't wanna get banned so ill leave it at that, 05-nono05-nono hopefully our administration will realize that the university no longer has anything to gain by playing teams like ASU with unappreciative fans like some and continue to move on to bigger and better competion.

Unappreciative fans ....to play thugs and idiots like you guys. Lol...arrogant prick...go away. Lol....competition....spell check is your friend. Did you get a master's from tigger high?

RE: Game Thread: AState vs Tiger Virtual Academy 7:00pm CT ESPN - Fanof49ASU - 09-05-2020 10:28 AM

(09-05-2020 09:46 AM)OsageJ Wrote:  

Unappreciative fans ....to play thugs and idiots like you guys. Lol...arrogant prick...go away. Lol....competition....spell check is your friend. Did you get a master's from tigger high?

This is the same town that targeted Katrina victims seeking refuge. That’s the Memphis I grew up around. Nothing has changed.

Game Thread: AState vs Tiger Virtual Academy 7:00pm CT ESPN - APPdiesel - 09-05-2020 11:10 AM

stAte 27
Mumphis 21

RE: Game Thread: AState vs Tiger Virtual Academy 7:00pm CT ESPN - EigenEagle - 09-05-2020 11:51 AM

With GS skipping Ark State and the rough year Blake and the guys had in 2019 it would be a great year for the Red Wolves to be really strong.

Beat the Tiggers!

RE: Game Thread: AState vs Tiger Virtual Academy 7:00pm CT ESPN - Georgia_Power_Company - 09-05-2020 12:17 PM

Go stAte beat the Tigers!!! Rah Rah Rah!

RE: Game Thread: AState vs Tiger Virtual Academy 7:00pm CT ESPN - chiefsfan - 09-05-2020 01:41 PM

I don't ban people unless they break actual rules unlike some forums.

As for our unappreciative fan base...we play you guys 8 times the next 10 years, so get used to us.

RE: Game Thread: AState vs Tiger Virtual Academy 7:00pm CT ESPN - Fanof49ASU - 09-05-2020 02:00 PM

That guy must be under 30. He has no clue about the rivalry/game. They deny it’s a rivalry until they lose, then Chicken Little wants to fire the whole staff.

RE: Game Thread: AState vs Tiger Virtual Academy 7:00pm CT ESPN - Senatobia - 09-05-2020 02:37 PM

According to FBI statistics Memphis is the 5th most dangerous city in America.

RE: Game Thread: AState vs Tiger Virtual Academy 7:00pm CT ESPN - Tigersmoke4 - 09-05-2020 02:38 PM

(09-05-2020 01:41 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

I don't ban people unless they break actual rules unlike some forums.

As for our unappreciative fan base...we play you guys 8 times the next 10 years, so get used to us.

The funny thing is I actually root for ASU, they're my second favorite regional team and as long as they aren't playing Memphis i root them on so I don't have any problem playing them often. Heck I've had family members that have played for them, but the subtle racism and stereotyping is unnecessary for the rivalry. Now take this AZZWHUPPIN like real men then go win the SBC, especially beat app st. 04-cheers04-cheers

RE: Game Thread: AState vs Tiger Virtual Academy 7:00pm CT ESPN - Fanof49ASU - 09-05-2020 02:48 PM

Haha. It’s all game day talk.
Where on earth do you see subtle racism? Please point that nugget out.