CSNbbs
Spring Football/Miami Game? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: Spring Football/Miami Game? (/thread-905724.html)

Spring Football/Miami Game? - Saint Martin - 08-31-2020 07:18 AM

It's probably a stretch that the MAC will have spring football. If they do, will UC be allowed to schedule the 12th game during the spring in Oxford and even up the Victory Bell series? It could also be a way to get more practices. I have a feeling that's why the Big Ten postponed until spring - they will get to practice all fall and all spring and really have a system down for Fall 2021.

RE: Spring Football/Miami Game? - OKIcat - 08-31-2020 09:24 AM

Wow, I'd be shocked if UC suited up for a one game spring season especially for a contest that that would be completely meaningless in the big scheme of things.

As it stands at this moment, UC will have nearly a full season this fall, be ranked, and should expect lots of national exposure and a great bowl game. If all that happens, why risk player safety and compromise the traditional annual training cycle just a few short months before an expected Fall 2021 schedule?

To me, any spring college football season will be highly problematic.

RE: Spring Football/Miami Game? - TubaCat - 08-31-2020 09:33 AM

Personally, I like the idea of playing Miami as our Spring football game. It would be a hell of a lot more fun and would let us even up the Victory Bell series. I'm not as concerned about injuries, as I have a feeling our big maulers are more likely to cause injuries to our own team than the little sissy boys at Popped Collar U.

RE: Spring Football/Miami Game? - CliftonAve - 08-31-2020 09:41 AM

I don't see the MAC suiting up in the spring. They just don't have the money and a couple of the schools in that conference are in real peril of dropping down to FCS, DII or folding football. I think they'll have to sort some things out and be ready for fall of 2021.

With respects to exhibition, there has been some talk for a few years of having some sort of "pre-season" scrimmage involving other teams. I think that could be something you see in the future, but it would be more likely seeing someone like Ohio Dominican or Findlay coming in during fall camp for the team to unofficially get a little live action before the season starts.

RE: Spring Football/Miami Game? - doss2 - 08-31-2020 09:59 AM

No way we should play an exhibition game at MU. The next game is in Cincinnati PERIOD!

RE: Spring Football/Miami Game? - Bear Catlett - 08-31-2020 11:51 AM

If MU plays in the spring, we ignore them.

If they want to play, they show up when WE'RE playing.