CSNbbs
Big 10 coaches on call to discuss conf season begin Nov - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: Mid-American Conference Talk (/forum-472.html)
+---- Thread: Big 10 coaches on call to discuss conf season begin Nov (/thread-905552.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Big 10 coaches on call to discuss conf season begin Nov - cmufanatic - 08-28-2020 11:32 AM

New faster cheaper saliva test will be used. If they agree to play would MAC follow suit?

RE: Big 10 coaches on call to discuss conf season begin Nov - Bronco'14 - 08-28-2020 11:48 AM

Begin Nov....hmm........after the election.....

Anyways, I think it's possible how much cheaper it is.

RE: Big 10 coaches on call to discuss conf season begin Nov - cmufanatic - 08-28-2020 11:50 AM

(08-28-2020 11:48 AM)Bronco14 Wrote:  Begin Nov....hmm........after the election.....

Anyways, I think it's possible how much cheaper it is.

Lol
I hope it is at least looked into.

RE: Big 10 coaches on call to discuss conf season begin Nov - axeme - 08-28-2020 01:17 PM

Without the P5 money games, I don’t see how the MAC as a whole pulls it off financially. Games in November and December in MAC stadiums? At least social distancing wouldn’t be an issue.

RE: Big 10 coaches on call to discuss conf season begin Nov - emu steve - 08-28-2020 04:52 PM

(08-28-2020 01:17 PM)axeme Wrote:  Without the P5 money games, I don’t see how the MAC as a whole pulls it off financially. Games in November and December in MAC stadiums? At least social distancing wouldn’t be an issue.

RE: B1G playing in Nov and Dec and...

How about in Madison where the night are long and even the days are cold and frightful.

And Iowa and Nebraska and Happy (but cold) Valley.

Northwestern calls the Windy City home.

I wonder, as have others suggested, use domed stadiums and play say a day - night doubleheader in St. Louis, Minn-StP, Indy, and Detroit when the NFL teams are away.

If my math is right 02-13-banana that comes out to 8 games and the B1G only has 14 teams... It works.

RE: Big 10 coaches on call to discuss conf season begin Nov - cmufanatic - 08-28-2020 08:00 PM

Nov Dec makes more sense than Jan Feb. Just hate to see B1G start and we are sitting home. I dont see a spring season. Most likely we will be a year out before we see MAC on the football field

RE: Big 10 coaches on call to discuss conf season begin Nov - Bronco'14 - 08-28-2020 08:19 PM

High school football on ESPN right now w/ fans in stands. Tis beautiful

RE: Big 10 coaches on call to discuss conf season begin Nov - BuckeyeFlyerFlash - 08-28-2020 10:53 PM

Should The MAC be following the B10 and look at an abbreviated 6 game MAC schedule- say the 5 division games and 1 rivalry game? or 6+1 if MAC can grab a B10 P5 open date/schedule glitch?? B10 ref crews work MAC games as well currently. What about Maction Wed?Thurs? or maybe Fri? nite (if no B10) games at regional domes- Indy/Det to fill TV void?? 1st week games could be on campus (last week of November?)[/b]

RE: Big 10 coaches on call to discuss conf season begin Nov - cmufanatic - 08-29-2020 06:43 AM

Yes absolutely. Do something, be proactive. Piggyback of the Big. MAC ADs reach out to donors alumni for a small donation to help cover testing. Again do something take the lead and be proactive.

RE: Big 10 coaches on call to discuss conf season begin Nov - emu steve - 08-29-2020 11:49 AM

(08-29-2020 06:43 AM)cmufanatic Wrote:  Yes absolutely. Do something, be proactive. Piggyback of the Big. MAC ADs reach out to donors alumni for a small donation to help cover testing. Again do something take the lead and be proactive.

As we all know, November in the Midwest is not fun. December is worse. January is worst.

Unless ALL the games are in a dome (or heaven forbid IPFs) I don't know how it works.

RE: Big 10 coaches on call to discuss conf season begin Nov - cmufanatic - 08-29-2020 11:51 AM

I know dude mostly just venting now. We will not see MAC until next fall. Really sucks.

RE: Big 10 coaches on call to discuss conf season begin Nov - Boca Rocket - 08-29-2020 02:24 PM

(08-29-2020 06:43 AM)cmufanatic Wrote:  Yes absolutely. Do something, be proactive. Piggyback of the Big. MAC ADs reach out to donors alumni for a small donation to help cover testing. Again do something take the lead and be proactive.

Friday/Saturday tripleheaders at Ford Field.

RE: Big 10 coaches on call to discuss conf season begin Nov - cmufanatic - 08-29-2020 02:30 PM

Would love it and thought about it myself. Can the MAC afford it?

RE: Big 10 coaches on call to discuss conf season begin Nov - ilovegymnast - 08-29-2020 04:12 PM

Wasn't the MAC proactive by being the first FBS conference to suspend the season? What you are asking them to do is be reactive not proactive.

RE: Big 10 coaches on call to discuss conf season begin Nov - DetroitRocket - 08-29-2020 05:54 PM

(08-29-2020 11:49 AM)emu steve Wrote:  

As we all know, November in the Midwest is not fun. December is worse. January is worst.

Unless ALL the games are in a dome (or heaven forbid IPFs) I don't know how it works.

The Big 10 IS talking about all games in domes- Detroit, Minneapolis, Indianapolis, maybe Syracuse.

RE: Big 10 coaches on call to discuss conf season begin Nov - Bronco'14 - 08-29-2020 08:25 PM

FCS Austin Peay vs Central Arkansas on now

We're not renting a dome. Just play in spring no excuses

RE: Big 10 coaches on call to discuss conf season begin Nov - zrb2 - 08-29-2020 09:21 PM

I agree. Just do something and don't sit there while these other leagues (including FCS) are playing through. There will be no spring football for anyone. So if they're not planning for a late fall start then there are serious problems with the MAC. The top players should just look into transferring now because they are wasting away in the MAC.

RE: Big 10 coaches on call to discuss conf season begin Nov - emu steve - 08-30-2020 04:39 AM

(08-29-2020 05:54 PM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  

The Big 10 IS talking about all games in domes- Detroit, Minneapolis, Indianapolis, maybe Syracuse.

I wonder if domes in winter is WORSE than open air stadiums in fall?

RE: Big 10 coaches on call to discuss conf season begin Nov - cmufanatic - 08-30-2020 05:47 AM

(08-29-2020 09:21 PM)zrb2 Wrote:  

I agree. Just do something and don't sit there while these other leagues (including FCS) are playing through. There will be no spring football for anyone. So if they're not planning for a late fall start then there are serious problems with the MAC. The top players should just look into transferring now because they are wasting away in the MAC.

Agree buddy not to mention countless highschools across the nation that will he playing. Even in Mac footprint of Ohio. It sucks for the players, it sucks for the fans. I too am worried about a mass exodus of top players. I just do not see sprimg happening. Not enough rest until fall begins again.

RE: Big 10 coaches on call to discuss conf season begin Nov - cmufanatic - 08-30-2020 05:48 AM

(08-30-2020 04:39 AM)emu steve Wrote:  
(08-29-2020 05:54 PM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  

I wonder if domes in winter is WORSE than open air stadiums in fall?

No difference in my opinion safety wise.