CSNbbs
Not to get political .. but only to point out a former Louisville football player ... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Conference Talk (/forum-351.html)
+---- Thread: Not to get political .. but only to point out a former Louisville football player ... (/thread-905400.html)

Not to get political .. but only to point out a former Louisville football player ... - Pervis_Griffith - 08-26-2020 11:25 AM

This doesn't need to get political, but I figured some would be interested in knowing that the Attorney General in the Commonwealth of Kentucky, Daniel Cameron, is a former Louisville football player (was on the Orange Bowl winning team in 2007). He spoke at the Republican National Convention last night, and is getting some recognition for those remarks.

Figured some would like to know that.

RE: Not to get political .. but only to point out a former Louisville football player ... - Hokie Mark - 08-26-2020 11:51 AM

(08-26-2020 11:25 AM)Pervis_Griffith Wrote:  This doesn't need to get political, but I figured some would be interested in knowing that the Attorney General in the Commonwealth of Kentucky, Daniel Cameron, is a former Louisville football player (was on the Orange Bowl winning team in 2007). He spoke at the Republican National Convention last night, and is getting some recognition for those remarks.

So does that help or hurt the ACC?

RE: Not to get political .. but only to point out a former Louisville football player ... - domer1978 - 08-26-2020 11:52 AM

I liked him. Great speaker and smiled the whole time

RE: Not to get political .. but only to point out a former Louisville football player ... - Pervis_Griffith - 08-26-2020 08:45 PM

(08-26-2020 11:51 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
(08-26-2020 11:25 AM)Pervis_Griffith Wrote:  This doesn't need to get political, but I figured some would be interested in knowing that the Attorney General in the Commonwealth of Kentucky, Daniel Cameron, is a former Louisville football player (was on the Orange Bowl winning team in 2007). He spoke at the Republican National Convention last night, and is getting some recognition for those remarks.

Don't see how it could hurt the ACC.

RE: Not to get political .. but only to point out a former Louisville football player ... - Hokie Mark - 08-26-2020 10:38 PM

(08-26-2020 08:45 PM)Pervis_Griffith Wrote:  

Honestly I have no idea - just wanted to get your take on it.

RE: Not to get political .. but only to point out a former Louisville football player ... - Pervis_Griffith - 08-27-2020 12:44 PM

(08-26-2020 10:38 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
(08-26-2020 08:45 PM)Pervis_Griffith Wrote:  

Honestly I have no idea - just wanted to get your take on it.

Well .. he's 34. And it looks like his political future is bright. Ya gotta think the governor's office is on the radar. Heck, the current governor was the attorney general that Cameron succeeded.

So ... if that is his future ... having a former U of L football player as the governor may be an ally of the ACC.

But who knows ...

Politics and big time collegiate athletics are pretty incestual. Seems like it could be a good thing.