CSNbbs
Steele's contact at State destroyed records at Steele's request - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+----- Forum: The Buckley-Vidal No Spin Room (/forum-970.html)
+----- Thread: Steele's contact at State destroyed records at Steele's request (/thread-904983.html)

Steele's contact at State destroyed records at Steele's request - bullet - 08-19-2020 06:41 PM

https://dailycaller.com/2020/08/19/christopher-steele-dossier-state-department-jonathan-winer-russia-senate-report/

“"...After Steele’s memos were published in the press in January 2017, Steele asked Winer to make note of having them, then either destroy all the earlier reports Steele had sent the Department of State or return them to Steele, out of concern that someone would be able to reconstruct his source network,” the Senate report says. (RELATED: Senate Intel Panel Finds No Evidence Of Trump-Russia Collusion)

The report quotes Winer saying: “So I destroyed them, and I basically destroyed all the correspondence I had with him.”

Steele appeared to be on a deletion spree at the time he made his request that Winer scrub his records...."

Coincidence that it was right around inauguration day, right?

RE: Steele's contact at State destroyed records at Steele's request - bullet - 08-19-2020 06:42 PM

So who really had the Russian connections?

"“...However, in his second interview, when shown visitor logs from the Department of State listing Steele as his visitor, Winer said he remembered bringing Steele to the Department of State but did not recall when.”

Winer also acknowledged that prior to joining the State Department, he did consulting and legal work for Russian clients, including some that might be “pro-Putin.” He said that he first met Steele because of their shared interest in Russia-related issues.

“In 2009, after I had moved to APCO Worldwide and was still engaged in various types of Russian representation all over the map — some might be pro-Putin, some might be anti-Putin,” Winer told the committee...."