CSNbbs
ACC releases statement in wake of Big Ten, Pac-12 cancellations - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Conference Talk (/forum-351.html)
+---- Thread: ACC releases statement in wake of Big Ten, Pac-12 cancellations (/thread-904481.html)

ACC releases statement in wake of Big Ten, Pac-12 cancellations - GTFletch - 08-12-2020 06:20 AM

“The ACC will continue to make decisions based on medical advice, inclusive of our Medical Advisory Group, local and state health guidelines, and do so in a way that appropriately coincides with our universities’ academic missions,” the statement read. “The safety of our students, staff and overall campus communities will always be our top priority, and we are pleased with the protocols being administered at our 15 campuses. We will continue to follow our process that has been in place for months and has served us well. We understand the need to stay flexible and be prepared to adjust as medical information and the landscape evolves.”

Link
https://www.ajc.com/sports/georgia-tech/acc-releases-statement-in-wake-of-big-ten-pac-12-cancellations/R57NSTWP2FBHREIIMK4HMSHWUA/

RE: ACC releases statement in wake of Big Ten, Pac-12 cancellations - Hokie Mark - 08-12-2020 07:42 AM

In other words, the ACC does NOT follow the lead of the Big Ten.

RE: ACC releases statement in wake of Big Ten, Pac-12 cancellations - CollegeCard - 08-12-2020 09:13 AM

Opinions aside, my prediction is still that there will be no college football in the fall. I do appreciate the ACC and several other leagues at least waiting to see how it goes when students come back to campus, etc.

In the end I think it is going to be a lonely fall for college sports fans, but perhaps I'll be wrong.

RE: ACC releases statement in wake of Big Ten, Pac-12 cancellations - domer1978 - 08-12-2020 09:19 AM

Brian Kelly on today show about the upcoming season

https://www.today.com/video/notre-dame-head-coach-we-believe-that-we-can-play-safely-89942085930

RE: ACC releases statement in wake of Big Ten, Pac-12 cancellations - cuseroc - 08-12-2020 09:57 AM

(08-12-2020 09:13 AM)CollegeCard Wrote:  Opinions aside, my prediction is still that there will be no college football in the fall. I do appreciate the ACC and several other leagues at least waiting to see how it goes when students come back to campus, etc.

In the end I think it is going to be a lonely fall for college sports fans, but perhaps I'll be wrong.

I feel as you do about the season College. But I was really looking forward to the one season experiment of seeing how ND and its fans would react to their team actually playing for a conference title. That would be very interesting.

RE: ACC releases statement in wake of Big Ten, Pac-12 cancellations - georgia_tech_swagger - 08-12-2020 10:05 AM

I would just like to clarify the post title to say the ACC does not in fact release anything inside of Wake Forest.

RE: ACC releases statement in wake of Big Ten, Pac-12 cancellations - Pervis_Griffith - 08-12-2020 03:20 PM

I'm much more optimistic about football this fall ...

In mid-July, the US peaked at 75,000 new cases in a day.

Right now, the US is right around 50,000 new cases a day.

That's a 33% drop in four weeks. If this trend continues, we'll be right around 25,000 new cases a day in mid-Sept., right around the time the season will be kicking off. That is a dramatic difference from where we were just 3 1/2 weeks ago.

One other thing that has me optimistic ..... Churchill Downs just submitted a plan to have 23,000 people in attendance for the Kentucky Derby the first weekend of September. Amazingly, King Beshear accepted that plan. Obviously, that's a fraction of the normal crowd CD gets in May. But I didn't expect ANY to be allowed to go to the Derby. And to get King Beshear's approval --- well, that's beyond belief. I guess the teacher's unions are pro-Derby.

RE: ACC releases statement in wake of Big Ten, Pac-12 cancellations - Hokie Mark - 08-12-2020 03:27 PM

(08-12-2020 03:20 PM)Pervis_Griffith Wrote:  I'm much more optimistic about football this fall ...

In mid-July, the US peaked at 75,000 new cases in a day.

Right now, the US is right around 50,000 new cases a day.

That's a 33% drop in four weeks. If this trend continues, we'll be right around 25,000 new cases a day in mid-Sept., right around the time the season will be kicking off. That is a dramatic difference from where we were just 3 1/2 weeks ago.

People are finally wearing masks - and it's paying off.