CSNbbs
Looks Like Game vs Army is going to happen - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: Rice (/forum-444.html)
+----- Thread: Looks Like Game vs Army is going to happen (/thread-904086.html)

Looks Like Game vs Army is going to happen - Houston Owl 2 - 08-06-2020 05:02 PM

Army just tweeted their revised schedule (after their UConn cancellation)...The schedule has the Rice game remaining on September 12th (with an open date on September 19th...unless they pick up LSU on that date).

RE: Looks Like Game vs Army is going to happen - Ourland - 08-07-2020 12:06 AM

Good. Has anyone heard who might be replacing LSU?

RE: Looks Like Game vs Army is going to happen - ESE84 - 08-07-2020 10:12 AM

Why replace LSU? We’re all set now to run the table and claim the Access Bowl slot.

RE: Looks Like Game vs Army is going to happen - OptimisticOwl - 08-07-2020 10:17 AM

There is no replacement for LSU, in terms of money and prestige.

I would be fine with leaving the date open. We have two interesting games to start the season, both in Houston - a break at that point is not a bad thing. In fact, I would be OK with a 2-0 season. Beat UH and Army.

When I was young, 9 game seasons were the rule, with some 8 game seasons. 12 is not a magic number.

RE: Looks Like Game vs Army is going to happen - Ourland - 08-07-2020 07:34 PM

(08-07-2020 10:17 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  There is no replacement for LSU, in terms of money and prestige.

I would be fine with leaving the date open. We have two interesting games to start the season, both in Houston - a break at that point is not a bad thing. In fact, I would be OK with a 2-0 season. Beat UH and Army.

When I was young, 9 game seasons were the rule, with some 8 game seasons. 12 is not a magic number.

I'm not implying that there's an opponent who can fill LSU's shoes. What I'm suggesting is that there's now an open date to be exploited.

An area FCS or Sunbelt school needs to be scheduled. This is a rare opportunity to pad the schedule against a beatable opponent, even if we go on the road. It helps us get closer to six wins and a bowl game. That would be big for the program. We shouldn't let the opportunity slip through our hands.

NMSU, ULM, ULL, and Texas State may be available. If not, bring in an FCS neighbor.

If we make it through the entire season, it's very likely that many 5 and six-win teams will be bowling. We could be one of them.

RE: Looks Like Game vs Army is going to happen - AggieOwl84 - 08-07-2020 11:22 PM

BYU?