CSNbbs
UAB Football Plans to Accommodate Fans at Legion Field - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: UAB Football Plans to Accommodate Fans at Legion Field (/thread-903913.html)

UAB Football Plans to Accommodate Fans at Legion Field - WesternBlazer - 08-04-2020 05:44 PM

https://uabsports.com/news/2020/8/4/uab-football-plans-to-accommodate-fans-at-legion-field.aspx

RE: UAB Football Plans to Accommodate Fans at Legion Field - UABGrad - 08-05-2020 02:47 PM

If we keep 6ft between groups vertically and horizontally I think we are looking at 20% - 25% of capacity. When you start checker boarding the arrangement the capacity drops fast. Maybe there will be a bunch of panic buying when the caps are announced. Lots of schools could end up with room for only students, families and season ticket holders.

RE: UAB Football Plans to Accommodate Fans at Legion Field - HiddenDragon - 08-06-2020 09:09 AM

(08-05-2020 02:47 PM)UABGrad Wrote:  If we keep 6ft between groups vertically and horizontally I think we are looking at 20% - 25% of capacity. When you start checker boarding the arrangement the capacity drops fast. Maybe there will be a bunch of panic buying when the caps are announced. Lots of schools could end up with room for only students, families and season ticket holders.

So basically our regular attendance but telling people to spread out. Those covers will need to be removed. If there is no one to enforce the social distancing it will not happen because people will want to sit on the UAB side of the field.

RE: UAB Football Plans to Accommodate Fans at Legion Field - UABGrad - 08-06-2020 11:27 AM

(08-06-2020 09:09 AM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  
(08-05-2020 02:47 PM)UABGrad Wrote:  If we keep 6ft between groups vertically and horizontally I think we are looking at 20% - 25% of capacity. When you start checker boarding the arrangement the capacity drops fast. Maybe there will be a bunch of panic buying when the caps are announced. Lots of schools could end up with room for only students, families and season ticket holders.

So basically our regular attendance but telling people to spread out. Those covers will need to be removed. If there is no one to enforce the social distancing it will not happen because people will want to sit on the UAB side of the field.

Yes. Enforcing the social distancing is going to be an issue at every stadium. The safer at home rule that I am interesting to see enforced is:

“ Players, coaches, officials, and spectators shall refrain from high fives, handshakes, and other physical contact except to the extent necessary”

I believe it will indeed be necessary after all UAB scores and sacks:)

RE: UAB Football Plans to Accommodate Fans at Legion Field - blazr - 08-06-2020 12:12 PM

(08-06-2020 09:09 AM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  

I don’t think the tarps will come off...I think there will be more green & gold on the east side. Not a lot, but more

RE: UAB Football Plans to Accommodate Fans at Legion Field - mobileblazer - 08-06-2020 02:33 PM

There should be plenty of room as I’m guessing that home attendance will take at 25-30% step back this year,,simply because of Covid.

RE: UAB Football Plans to Accommodate Fans at Legion Field - UABGrad - 08-06-2020 03:32 PM

(08-06-2020 02:33 PM)mobileblazer Wrote:  There should be plenty of room as I’m guessing that home attendance will take at 25-30% step back this year,,simply because of Covid.

I heard USA is limiting attendance to 6250 fans (25%).

Also FSU is Limited to 20-25% per McMurphy

RE: UAB Football Plans to Accommodate Fans at Legion Field - BlazerDave - 08-07-2020 08:53 AM

Wonder what the tailgate situatiom will be?

RE: UAB Football Plans to Accommodate Fans at Legion Field - hooverblazer - 08-07-2020 09:22 AM

Ticket office said seat reallocation will occur the week of August 17th.

RE: UAB Football Plans to Accommodate Fans at Legion Field - WesternBlazer - 08-07-2020 10:22 AM

(08-07-2020 08:53 AM)BlazerDave Wrote:  Wonder what the tailgate situatiom will be?

Most colleges and professional teams are not allowing tailgating...

RE: UAB Football Plans to Accommodate Fans at Legion Field - blazr - 08-07-2020 10:27 AM

(08-07-2020 09:22 AM)hooverblazer Wrote:  Ticket office said seat reallocation will occur the week of August 17th.

I called earlier this week to order more season tickets and they said I called just in time because the reallocation started...I think Tuesday or Wednesday. They plan to be done next week and send out emails starting the 17th.

So, basically, if you’re reading and want more season tickets today is the day.

RE: UAB Football Plans to Accommodate Fans at Legion Field - blazr - 08-07-2020 10:33 AM

I meant to ask if they are keeping all season ticket holders on the west side but slipped my mind.