CSNbbs
Football Season Workarounds - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: Football Season Workarounds (/thread-902667.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Football Season Workarounds - ImaTiger - 07-11-2020 07:34 AM

So; since football is likely to not really happen.

We could stream every weekend the best wins of the past 4 years; zoom our the family tailgates (in our back yards no gathering) and talk about what a great year [next year] is going to be; that way we could go 13-0.

Periodically as we get bored with that we can go yell insults at our SEC neighbors!

The only people who can participate are people who never mention politics, gender, race, or business.

On the other hand; family, beer, sports, games and tailgate food are great and always welcome conversation topics.

Oh Damn; just realized I do the above every weekend in the off season.

RE: Football Season Workarounds - Stammers - 07-11-2020 02:13 PM

(07-11-2020 07:34 AM)ImaTiger Wrote:  So; since football is likely to not really happen.

We could stream every weekend the best wins of the past 4 years; zoom our the family tailgates (in our back yards no gathering) and talk about what a great year [next year] is going to be; that way we could go 13-0.

Periodically as we get bored with that we can go yell insults at our SEC neighbors!

The only people who can participate are people who never mention politics, gender, race, or business.

On the other hand; family, beer, sports, games and tailgate food are great and always welcome conversation topics.

Quote:So; since football is likely to not really happen.

Link?

RE: Football Season Workarounds - AlonsoWDC - 07-11-2020 03:06 PM

It's the OP's opinion.

RE: Football Season Workarounds - U_of_Elvis - 07-11-2020 06:32 PM

(07-11-2020 03:06 PM)AlonsoWDC Wrote:  It's the OP's opinion.

It's looking like it will probably be right.

I said a month ago that I thought that conference games only was likely to be a best case. Somebody jumped on me about it, and now Big 10 and Pac 12 are all going conference games only. The other conferences will follow suit like dominos.

That's the best case right now, and no football is looking more and more likely.

RE: Football Season Workarounds - Tigerx3 - 07-11-2020 06:43 PM

(07-11-2020 02:13 PM)Stammers Wrote:  
(07-11-2020 07:34 AM)ImaTiger Wrote:  So; since football is likely to not really happen.

Quote:So; since football is likely to not really happen.

Link?

Canadian rumor mill at work.

RE: Football Season Workarounds - Keeper - 07-11-2020 09:20 PM

Word in the alley is the Tigers take on all comers. Problem is no one is coming.

RE: Football Season Workarounds - ImaTiger - 07-12-2020 06:16 AM

(07-11-2020 09:20 PM)Keeper Wrote:  Word in the alley is the Tigers take on all comers. Problem is no one is coming.

+4

RE: Football Season Workarounds - bluebacker - 07-12-2020 09:30 AM

Season may get moved to Spring. I'd rather that than play a conference only fall schedule.

It wont hurt folks to see that they can manage life without the mighty expensive distraction that sports has become. Too much emphasis and money / resources are allocated to entertainment anyway.

RE: Football Season Workarounds - Tor Johnson - 07-12-2020 10:00 AM

WE WANT BAMA

RE: Football Season Workarounds - AlonsoWDC - 07-12-2020 11:28 AM

The hell we do.

RE: Football Season Workarounds - BandwagonJumper - 07-12-2020 01:23 PM

let's do this

[Image: EIXt0_QXkAALz6U.jpg]

RE: Football Season Workarounds - Unionman76 - 07-12-2020 04:39 PM

espn reporting

The National Junior College Athletic Association is expected to approve a proposal that would move its football season to the spring, according to Dr. Christopher Parker, the NJCAA president and CEO.

7 game season

RE: Football Season Workarounds - Unionman76 - 07-12-2020 04:48 PM

FSU with budget cuts,

did norvell lose money, a 25% cut is equal to a 33% increase

In a letter sent to athletic department staff, athletic director David Coburn said 25 full-time positions would be eliminated and staff salary reductions would be made across the board. Coburn said Florida State football coach Mike Norvell will take a 25% pay cut, and men's basketball coach Leonard Hamilton and women's basketball coach Sue Semrau will each take a 10% pay cut. Coburn is taking a pay cut of 20%. Furloughs also remain a strong possibility.

RE: Football Season Workarounds - AlonsoWDC - 07-12-2020 04:52 PM

Damn.

Did Norvell really take a pay cut? Can somebody run the numbers?

RE: Football Season Workarounds - Unionman76 - 07-12-2020 05:25 PM

(07-12-2020 04:52 PM)AlonsoWDC Wrote:  Damn.

Did Norvell really take a pay cut? Can somebody run the numbers?

last year at memphis $2,600,000

first year at Florida State $3,530,000
25% reduction $882,500

new amount $2,647,500

so he went to florida state for $47,500

other years at florida state in the contract
Year 2 - $3.78 million
Year 3 - $4.03 million
Year 4 - $4.28 million
Year 5 - $4.78 million
Year 6 - $4.78 million

RE: Football Season Workarounds - Tiger87 - 07-13-2020 09:58 AM

He got whacked a lot harder than anyone else it seems.
Problem is, this might be the start of a trend too - and we could see something similar before it's all over.

RE: Football Season Workarounds - bluebacker - 07-13-2020 05:55 PM

(07-13-2020 09:58 AM)Tiger87 Wrote:  He got whacked a lot harder than anyone else it seems.
Problem is, this might be the start of a trend too - and we could see something similar before it's all over.

Entertainers are overpaid. They don't teach school, patrol the streets, build neighborhoods, or do anything useful when they are 'at work'.

They provide entertainment and we all pay them way too much and some pay too much attention to their opinions.

Lebron James is a great basketball player - I don't give a **** what he thinks about anything else.

Tom Hanks is a great actor. I don't give a **** what he thinks about anything else.

RE: Football Season Workarounds - Keeper - 07-13-2020 06:59 PM

(07-13-2020 05:55 PM)bluebacker Wrote:  
(07-13-2020 09:58 AM)Tiger87 Wrote:  He got whacked a lot harder than anyone else it seems.

Entertainers are overpaid. They don't teach school, patrol the streets, build neighborhoods, or do anything useful when they are 'at work'.

They provide entertainment and we all pay them way too much and some pay too much attention to their opinions.

Lebron James is a great basketball player - I don't give a **** what he thinks about anything else.

Tom Hanks is a great actor. I don't give a **** what he thinks about anything else.

If they disagree with the president you probably think they shouldn't be able to have the opinion. Unless of course the president is Obama, or some other democrat and then any opinion of them other than they are communists is unacceptable and should be illegal.

RE: Football Season Workarounds - AlonsoWDC - 07-13-2020 07:41 PM

Yeah how dare entertainers and athletes exercise their right to free speech just because they don't have a REAL job!

RE: Football Season Workarounds - ImaTiger - 07-13-2020 08:36 PM

In my head; i was starting a thread that would result in a mass zoom moment of awesome back yard tailgates juxtaposition'd wit a replay of our greatest tiger games....

Instead i got this crap...