CSNbbs
Anyone want to wager on application of FBS rules???? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Anyone want to wager on application of FBS rules???? (/thread-902627.html)

Anyone want to wager on application of FBS rules???? - arkstfan - 07-10-2020 11:27 AM

If a school fails to meet FBS criteria they get a sternly written letter from the NCAA telling them they are out of compliance and if they fail to meet all criteria in the next 10 years they will be reclassified FBS with no waivers permitted.

If B1G plays their full league slate half the league will fail to meet FBS scheduling requirements of 5 countable home games.

RE: Anyone want to wager on application of FBS rules???? - CardinalBlackTrojan - 07-10-2020 11:29 AM

I'm afraid I'm not following.

RE: Anyone want to wager on application of FBS rules???? - Usajags - 07-10-2020 11:38 AM

I thought they were going to play a 10 game conference schedule, that’d be 5 away 5 home. What am I missing???

RE: Anyone want to wager on application of FBS rules???? - arkstfan - 07-10-2020 11:51 AM

(07-10-2020 11:29 AM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  I'm afraid I'm not following.

If they stick with 9 game slate, only half the league will play 5 home games.

RE: Anyone want to wager on application of FBS rules???? - debragga - 07-10-2020 03:04 PM

(07-10-2020 11:27 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  If a school fails to meet FBS criteria they get a sternly written letter from the NCAA telling them they are out of compliance and if they fail to meet all criteria in the next 10 years they will be reclassified FCS with no waivers permitted.

If B1G plays their full league slate half the league will fail to meet FBS scheduling requirements of 5 countable home games.

FIFY so that it makes sense

RE: Anyone want to wager on application of FBS rules???? - MOTIAW - 07-11-2020 06:45 AM

And what do you think will happen if one of the P5 teams, even using a conference only format, decides to opt out, and has ZERO home games?

I get the hate/distrust/whatever of the P5. But man, you guys gotta cool your jets. There are gonna be whole conferences cancel their fall sports. If you think the novel event of this isn’t going cause the NCAA to overlook whatever this year ends up being... can’t help you.

I mean fine, force the P5s to keep AND pay all their games, don’t let them play conference-only. Give the NCAA a spine, as you allude to. Then that same new found spine-possessing NCAA does what exactly to teams (including poor us, little old G5 guys) when we have no fans watching? Are we gonna wager on how hard handed they’ll be when we all miss the 15000 per game?

Just hope this year, IF it comes off, doesn’t make the P5 realize they can form a schedule without us ever again.

RE: Anyone want to wager on application of FBS rules???? - Yosef84 - 07-11-2020 06:49 AM

Everything I've seen says that the B1G would a 10 game schedule. There are 14 teams in the B1G so the 10 games isn't hard. I would think adding additional conference games to their existing schedule would weaken their Force Majeure argument, but as other threads have pointed out, that will likely become moot either by the G5 conferences following suit with conference only limitations or the season being cancelled in total. The SBC is at a disadvantage with a conference only decision because we have fewer teams and couldn't get to 10 so if that were the plan, we might have to allow non-conference games to get to 10 games (independents).

RE: Anyone want to wager on application of FBS rules???? - SkullyMaroo - 07-11-2020 07:20 AM

(07-11-2020 06:49 AM)Yosef84 Wrote:  Everything I've seen says that the B1G would a 10 game schedule. There are 14 teams in the B1G so the 10 games isn't hard. I would think adding additional conference games to their existing schedule would weaken their Force Majeure argument, but as other threads have pointed out, that will likely become moot either by the G5 conferences following suit with conference only limitations or the season being cancelled in total. The SBC is at a disadvantage with a conference only decision because we have fewer teams and couldn't get to 10 so if that were the plan, we might have to allow non-conference games to get to 10 games (independents).

There’s nothing saying we couldn’t play a certain team twice in a home and home.

RE: Anyone want to wager on application of FBS rules???? - InjunJohn86 - 07-11-2020 08:18 AM

If the G5 conferences stick together (with some FCS cooperation), then the most any team in the SBC would lose is 2 games, with most only losing 1 game. That is assuming all P5 conferences go to conference only slate. The money would hurt but that is what the court system is for and I wouldn't want to argue "the epidemic" when they only cancelled non-conference games. If the SEC says "we are playing" then the SBC is sitting pretty.

RE: Anyone want to wager on application of FBS rules???? - Yosef84 - 07-11-2020 08:49 AM

(07-11-2020 07:20 AM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  
(07-11-2020 06:49 AM)Yosef84 Wrote:  Everything I've seen says that the B1G would a 10 game schedule. There are 14 teams in the B1G so the 10 games isn't hard. I would think adding additional conference games to their existing schedule would weaken their Force Majeure argument, but as other threads have pointed out, that will likely become moot either by the G5 conferences following suit with conference only limitations or the season being cancelled in total. The SBC is at a disadvantage with a conference only decision because we have fewer teams and couldn't get to 10 so if that were the plan, we might have to allow non-conference games to get to 10 games (independents).

There’s nothing saying we couldn’t play a certain team twice in a home and home.

Good point. That would certainly be an option, but my personal preference would be to play an independent in order to fill out the schedule. I'd love to see App play Army in this scenario. Those independents would need help creating a schedule so this would be a win/win.

Anyone want to wager on application of FBS rules???? - arkstfan - 07-11-2020 09:49 AM

(07-11-2020 06:45 AM)MOTIAW Wrote:  And what do you think will happen if one of the P5 teams, even using a conference only format, decides to opt out, and has ZERO home games?

I get the hate/distrust/whatever of the P5. But man, you guys gotta cool your jets. There are gonna be whole conferences cancel their fall sports. If you think the novel event of this isn’t going cause the NCAA to overlook whatever this year ends up being... can’t help you.

I mean fine, force the P5s to keep AND pay all their games, don’t let them play conference-only. Give the NCAA a spine, as you allude to. Then that same new found spine-possessing NCAA does what exactly to teams (including poor us, little old G5 guys) when we have no fans watching? Are we gonna wager on how hard handed they’ll be when we all miss the 15000 per game?

Just hope this year, IF it comes off, doesn’t make the P5 realize they can form a schedule without us ever again.

you need to be a movie theater with all the projection you just did there.

******* joke about the NCAA not the P5. Go check my post history and see how incredibly ridiculous your “cool you jets over the P5” comment is.

God help this poor country can’t even giggle about the NCAA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Anyone want to wager on application of FBS rules???? - kevinwmsn - 07-11-2020 07:51 PM

Can we call a friend in G5 for an OOC Game? USA and Troy could want USM or UAB... Texas State - has lots other Texas schools in CUSA. ULL and ULM - could play La Tech, Tulane, Western Kentucky, USM. Ark State - Western Kentucky, Mid Tenn. Ga Southern, App State, Ga State, Coastal - Marshall, Charlotte, ODU, Liberty.. Can't call New Mexico State as they have a 14 day quarantine coming in the state.

Too bad we don't have 12 teams in the conference for football.

RE: Anyone want to wager on application of FBS rules???? - GoBigRed26 - 07-11-2020 09:15 PM

TV networks probably want the season to happen more than anyone. They are poised to have record viewership for college football games. With people not attending games, likely just sitting at home because they can’t go anywhere else, and the lack of new TV programming, viewer ratings should be through the roof. I’m sure the networks would be willing to kick in more money to conferences for a couple extra conference games, which could more than makeup for buy game payouts.

RE: Anyone want to wager on application of FBS rules???? - Georgia_Power_Company - 07-15-2020 12:39 PM

(07-11-2020 09:15 PM)GoBigRed26 Wrote:  

TV networks probably want the season to happen more than anyone. They are poised to have record viewership for college football games. With people not attending games, likely just sitting at home because they can’t go anywhere else, and the lack of new TV programming, viewer ratings should be through the roof. I’m sure the networks would be willing to kick in more money to conferences for a couple extra conference games, which could more than makeup for buy game payouts.

[Image: 3f2.jpeg]