CSNbbs
States pushing for academic freedom on campus - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: States pushing for academic freedom on campus (/thread-902057.html)

States pushing for academic freedom on campus - bullet - 06-30-2020 04:51 PM

https://www.realclearinvestigations.com/articles/2020/06/30/momentum_in_states_to_require_campus_intellectual_diversity_124235.html

"After leaving Evergreen State College in Olympia, Wash., in 2017 amid a clash with woke activists, progressive academic Bret Weinstein has often felt like a lonely voice on the left warning about the dangers of campus intolerance and unrest spilling out into the real world.

But now, with "cancel culture" on the rise as protesters nationwide tear down statues in the aftermath of the police killing of George Floyd, the biologist says he feels an uneasy sense of vindication -- and the tide turning.

“I’ve started to get calls in the last week or two – the people who mocked me and others … for making too much of what appeared to be college kids going wild on college campuses,” he said on the Joe Rogan podcast on June 18. “Some of them have started to call and say: ‘I got it wrong. What do we do now?...’”"

RE: States pushing for academic freedom on campus - vandiver49 - 06-30-2020 04:52 PM

Too late. Luckily the whole edifice can collapse if students aren’t able to attend in the fall.

States pushing for academic freedom on campus - georgia_tech_swagger - 07-01-2020 11:35 AM

Tremendous. Way to go South Dakota!

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: States pushing for academic freedom on campus - MileHighBronco - 07-01-2020 01:24 PM

Long overdue. I don't see this happening in many blue states but have some hope that some people that matter will begin to connect the dots on what has happened over the past couple decades on college campuses to what is now happening on our streets the past month. It has not been contained to the campus and now we're reaping the consequences.

Thanks for posting that, bullet. 04-bow