CSNbbs
What Bearcats Player or Storyline Are You Most Intrigued for 2020? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: What Bearcats Player or Storyline Are You Most Intrigued for 2020? (/thread-902001.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

What Bearcats Player or Storyline Are You Most Intrigued for 2020? - UCGrad1992 - 06-29-2020 07:03 PM

James Wiggins. The kid was on an NFL trajectory before his injury IMO. An incredible talent both athletically and mentally [football IQ]. He could also lay the wood on an unsuspecting opposing player when the opportunity presented itself. How will his play translate this season after recovering from the knee injury? Will he be 100% by the time the first game comes around? Does he miss a few of the non-conference games to get him more ready and then phase him in as the conference slate fires up? I'm rooting for the guy to come back 100% and to realize his dream of playing on Sundays.

Conference Chip. I don't know that there's anything more important especially after losing the game last season in Memphis. It was another step forward to win the East Division and qualify for the chip but winning it has to be the next step in our program's growth. Yes, I'm an optimistic homer but I really believe it is ours to win this year if we can stay healthy at key positions. Can you imagine the atmosphere on campus and in the Nip if we host the chip? Count me in as trying to get tickets for that one.

What Bearcats Player or Storyline Are You Most Intrigued for 2020? - RealDeal - 06-29-2020 07:16 PM

Ill go Doaks. There were times last year I thought he was just as effective as Warren but Warren rightfully earned the opportunity to wear out defenses. Just based off the bowl game Hudson looks like he's really going to solidify the line and Doaks looks like the#1 guy to capitalize. For the same reason I'm also excited to see if McClelland can bring the change of pace he showed as a freshman.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

RE: What Bearcats Player or Storyline Are You Most Intrigued for 2020? - dubcat14 - 06-29-2020 07:25 PM

Was going to say Wiggins but you you stole it so I'll go Leonard Taylor and Josh Whyle. Both highly recruited but stuck behind someone who's now going to play on Sundays. This is their year to breakout, give Ridder another option, and I'm excited to see what they can do.

RE: What Bearcats Player or Storyline Are You Most Intrigued for 2020? - Bear Catlett - 06-29-2020 07:29 PM

Evan Prater. By far.

Is he all that?

RE: What Bearcats Player or Storyline Are You Most Intrigued for 2020? - doss2 - 06-29-2020 08:45 PM

Jerome F150 Ford replaces The Truck.

RE: What Bearcats Player or Storyline Are You Most Intrigued for 2020? - RuckleSt - 06-29-2020 09:47 PM

WR POSITION

We had a lot of turnover with this group with transfers in and out, so I'm curious who will step up and be the guy.

Michael Young from Notre Dame
Jordan Jones from Arkansas

RE: What Bearcats Player or Storyline Are You Most Intrigued for 2020? - Edgebrookjeff - 06-29-2020 10:41 PM

I'm also interested in the development of Wilson Huber. Can he make the switch from TE to ILB?

RE: What Bearcats Player or Storyline Are You Most Intrigued for 2020? - CliftonAve - 06-30-2020 04:02 AM

I’d say the entire offense based on what has already been said: can Doaks, Ford and company replace Warren’s production? Other than Pierce and Jackson we have an entire new stable of receivers. At tight end is this the year Lenny Taylor and Josh Whyle fulfill their destiny? What about quarterback? Was Des’ play last year an aberration or will he mature, play better with better tools around him. Will the coaching staff open up the offense a little more and will we see different formations, personnel, and play calling?

RE: What Bearcats Player or Storyline Are You Most Intrigued for 2020? - Z-Fly - 06-30-2020 06:06 AM

(06-29-2020 07:29 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  Evan Prater. By far.

Is he all that?

Yes, he is. We will not find out in 2020 though.

The biggest and most interesting story is Ridder. He makes or breaks the season.

RE: What Bearcats Player or Storyline Are You Most Intrigued for 2020? - OKIcat - 06-30-2020 08:20 AM

(06-30-2020 06:06 AM)Z-Fly Wrote:  

Is he all that?

The biggest and most interesting story is Ridder. He makes or breaks the season.

Wow, I have to agree. It appears UC has built an excellent offensive unit. If Ridder can stay healthy and just deliver a reasonable pass completion percentage, it will be a great year.

Among fans, he may hold the distinction of being the most criticized QB in college football who has delivered 22 wins and two bowl victories in two years. Yet, reaching this 2020 team's goals will surely require more pass completions. My hope is that after the first few non-conference games we (and our coaches) will know if he's taken that next step. If not, it could get interesting. Beating UCF, Memphis and Nebraska will certainly require putting the ball in the air for completions more than we saw last year.

RE: What Bearcats Player or Storyline Are You Most Intrigued for 2020? - Helicopter - 06-30-2020 09:49 AM

This is going to sound stupid but I wish Ridder was a Senior and not a Junior.

I think Ben Bryant is legit and I think Evan Prater has a sky high ceiling. Conversely I think Ridder has a much lower ceiling no matter how much of a gamer he is.

Does the staff have the fortitude to replace Ridder this year (if he struggles or regresses) or next year (if Bryant/Prater are just better)?

It is going to be a tough call.

RE: What Bearcats Player or Storyline Are You Most Intrigued for 2020? - Helicopter - 06-30-2020 09:51 AM

Most interesting story line is James Hudson for me.
OL isn't sexy but this guy has a lot to prove to himself, former coaches and fans. I think he is going to be a monster.

RE: What Bearcats Player or Storyline Are You Most Intrigued for 2020? - Lush - 06-30-2020 09:58 AM

well, i was gonna say maw or harvey- one of those two has to emerge- but if we're talking football, it's gotta be a receiver. we all know the respective backfields are stout and can mask the deficiencies or the occasional odd game from a player maybe two but ridder, while he's got options, badly needs someone to step up and shout, "git ridder the ball; i'm open!"

i'd be happy if both maw and harvey avg 7-9 ppg

RE: What Bearcats Player or Storyline Are You Most Intrigued for 2020? - OKIcat - 06-30-2020 09:58 AM

(06-30-2020 09:51 AM)Helicopter Wrote:  Most interesting story line is James Hudson for me.
OL isn't sexy but this guy has a lot to prove to himself, former coaches and fans. I think he is going to be a monster.

Agreed. And keeping that O line healthy is always a concern as I don't think most schools can plug and play subs on the O line the way 'Bama, Clemson or OSU would.

RE: What Bearcats Player or Storyline Are You Most Intrigued for 2020? - RealDeal - 06-30-2020 11:10 AM

(06-30-2020 08:20 AM)OKIcat Wrote:  Among fans, he may hold the distinction of being the most criticized QB in college football who has delivered 22 wins and two bowl victories in two years.

If you're winning your division while your QB is ranked 8th in a 12 team conference it's pretty reasonable that that is the position that gets targeted for improvement.

I would've picked either Prater or Bryant if I felt like either of them were the likely starter.

RE: What Bearcats Player or Storyline Are You Most Intrigued for 2020? - Cat-Man - 06-30-2020 11:10 AM

Is he all that?

Meh....eventually we'll see. Still have doubts because of the competition he faced.

RE: What Bearcats Player or Storyline Are You Most Intrigued for 2020? - geef - 06-30-2020 11:23 AM

Others already named them - Wiggins, Hudson, and the Tight Ends for me. I'm going to go with Malik Vann, however. He's the guy, at least in my mind, who changed our recruiting trajectory when he committed as part of the 2018 class. I don't know if he'll ever be a bust out talent, but he was solid last year and I look forward to him making a bigger jump this year. I also just root for the kid because of the leap of faith that he took in committing and becoming a huge reason that other local kids followed.

RE: What Bearcats Player or Storyline Are You Most Intrigued for 2020? - Bear Catlett - 06-30-2020 04:07 PM

Is he all that?

If he's clearly the best QB, then I say put him in.

Worry about 2024 in 2024.

RE: What Bearcats Player or Storyline Are You Most Intrigued for 2020? - robertfoshizzle - 06-30-2020 04:46 PM

I just want a fair QB competition. If after camp they feel Ridder gives us the best shot to win, then I'm totally fine with seeing what he can do with a healthy arm and a better offensive line. I don't like sticking with the incumbent out of complacency though. As others have mentioned on this board, the numbers say we should have lost a few games that we won the past two years, and an anemic offense will eventually bite you in the ass.

RE: What Bearcats Player or Storyline Are You Most Intrigued for 2020? - FLIP - 06-30-2020 06:14 PM

How about place kicker now that Crosa is out? Not as important, but the position won UC two games they could’ve easily lost.