CSNbbs
KSU football boycotts because Floyd insulted - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: KSU football boycotts because Floyd insulted (/thread-901978.html)

Pages: 1 2

KSU football boycotts because Floyd insulted - bullet - 06-29-2020 01:28 PM

Seriously!!!

Someone mentioned this on the NBA thread.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/kansas-state-football-players-boycott-student-george-floyd-tweet

This is what upset them. They want the student expelled.

"...A tweet from student Jaden McNeil last week that said, “Congratulations to George Floyd on being drug free for an entire month!” prompted the decision for players to boycott...."

“...We are demanding that Kansas State University put a policy in place that allows a student to be dismissed for displaying openly racist, threatening, or disrespectful actions toward a student or groups of students,...”"

Alright. 1) Not racist. 2) Not threatening. 3) Not a student.
And BLM is 1) Often openly racist. 2) Often threatening as many have done with the student who tweeted. 3) And it is disrespectful to white students.

RE: KSU football boycotts because Floyd insulted - GrayBeard - 06-29-2020 01:35 PM

OK, boycott. You have that right, and my guess is that the school can yank your schollies.

Oh well, let us all let everyone else offend us.

RE: KSU football boycotts because Floyd insulted - appst89 - 06-29-2020 01:41 PM

Mr. McNeill will own K-State University if they kick him out of school over this.

RE: KSU football boycotts because Floyd insulted - Jugnaut - 06-29-2020 01:44 PM

The kid is not wrong...he wasn't drug free until after his death

RE: KSU football boycotts because Floyd insulted - VA49er - 06-29-2020 01:45 PM

Tweet was in bad taste; howver, someone needs to remind those football players that the 1st Amendment isn't in place to only protect speech they agree with.

RE: KSU football boycotts because Floyd insulted - MemTigers1998 - 06-29-2020 01:47 PM

Their heads would explode if they saw some of the George Floyd and Bubba Wallace ones going around right now.

RE: KSU football boycotts because Floyd insulted - miko33 - 06-29-2020 01:55 PM

I probably won't be watching the NFL if we see a lot of players protesting. Now it's looking like college football is going to be going down the same path. Fvck it, I won't watch that either if it comes to it. I can always find something else to do to fill the void.

RE: KSU football boycotts because Floyd insulted - TexanMark - 06-29-2020 01:56 PM

Totalitarian jackwads...if they have an issue with his tweet then debate him...but no, we want to cancel him and get him kicked out of school

BTW, go Jayhawks! (Never said that before)

RE: KSU football boycotts because Floyd insulted - CliftonAve - 06-29-2020 02:06 PM

People, such as the KSU football players, always seem to forget that situations like these are teachable moments. I don’t know whether the student was serious or took a swing at cracking an insensitive joke, but either way, do they think kicking this kid out of school will help improve this guy’s racial awareness? If anything, it will piss him off and make him less tolerant.

RE: KSU football boycotts because Floyd insulted - SuperFlyBCat - 06-29-2020 02:11 PM

(06-29-2020 02:06 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  People, such as the KSU football players, always seem to forget that situations like these are teachable moments. I don’t know whether the student was serious or took a swing at cracking an insensitive joke, but either way, do they think kicking this kid out of school will help improve this guy’s racial awareness? If anything, it will piss him off and make him less tolerant.

Here is the teachable moment, it doesn't matter if he is a student or not. And he could have been tweeting from Brazil. Anyone could have made the tweet.

RE: KSU football boycotts because Floyd insulted - bullet - 06-29-2020 02:16 PM

I wonder if students are offended that 90% of the football players wouldn't have been admitted if they didn't play football.

RE: KSU football boycotts because Floyd insulted - BartlettTigerFan - 06-29-2020 03:44 PM

Stupid thing to tweet.

I laughed out loud though.

RE: KSU football boycotts because Floyd insulted - ericsrevenge76 - 06-29-2020 03:57 PM

The left has created a social media mob that behaves and talks like real life fascist communists.

And most of the left are just fine with it.

RE: KSU football boycotts because Floyd insulted - Bronco'14 - 06-29-2020 04:06 PM

My thoughts the Tweet was insensitive. Not racist. Not threatening. Boycotting ridiculous. They're attempting to ruin this poor kid's life.

RE: KSU football boycotts because Floyd insulted - TexanMark - 06-29-2020 04:34 PM

(06-29-2020 04:06 PM)Bronco14 Wrote:  My thoughts the Tweet was insensitive. Not racist. Not threatening. Boycotting ridiculous. They're attempting to ruin this poor kid's life.

Pretty much.

It was funny but tasteless. Nothing new in American humor.

RE: KSU football boycotts because Floyd insulted - SuperFlyBCat - 06-29-2020 04:35 PM

Suit up and play ball cry babies.

RE: KSU football boycotts because Floyd insulted - memphistiger89 - 06-29-2020 04:44 PM

K-State's President is trying to fast track this in hopes of making it go away. Here is a quote from him:

“I am sorry these incidents have caused our K-State family great pain and for some to fear for their personal safety."

As others have mentioned, the tweet was tasteless. But how could anyone fear for their personal safety based on that tweet?

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article243877117.html

RE: KSU football boycotts because Floyd insulted - fsquid - 06-29-2020 04:46 PM

(06-29-2020 04:06 PM)Bronco14 Wrote:  My thoughts the Tweet was insensitive. Not racist. Not threatening. Boycotting ridiculous. They're attempting to ruin this poor kid's life.
They already have

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

RE: KSU football boycotts because Floyd insulted - Bronco'14 - 06-29-2020 04:48 PM

(06-29-2020 04:46 PM)fsquid Wrote:  
They already have

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

03-weeping

RE: KSU football boycotts because Floyd insulted - usmbacker - 06-29-2020 04:49 PM

[Image: First-amendment.png]