CSNbbs
Welcome 2 new international players including a PG - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: OVCbbs (/forum-17.html)
+---- Forum: Ohio Valley Team Talk (/forum-784.html)
+----- Forum: Little Rock (/forum-291.html)
+----- Thread: Welcome 2 new international players including a PG (/thread-901709.html)

Welcome 2 new international players including a PG - TrojanTeen2 - 06-24-2020 02:23 PM

https://lrtrojans.com/news/2020/6/24/mens-basketball-walker-announces-a-pair-of-international-additions.aspx

RE: Welcome 2 new international players including a PG - MICHAELSPAPPY - 06-24-2020 03:26 PM

That fixes our main problem. The new kid is not going to get a huge amount of minutes, because Nowell averaged 33.5 minutes a game and that should at least stay the same. But we needed someone who can run the team, especially if Nowell were to get hurt. Throw in the two or three other guys who could play point in a pinch, and we should be in decent shape. And when you get more than one foreign player from the same country on the roster, I figure it helps combat homesickness just that much more.

RE: Welcome 2 new international players including a PG - MICHAELSPAPPY - 06-24-2020 03:39 PM

According to Wikipedia, Serbian is one of the official languages of Bosnia-Herzegovina. I do not know if all of these guys are for sure coming back, but if we could put Besovic, Maric, Lukic, Stulic and Andric on the floor at the same time, that would be a legitimate starting lineup. Presumably all of them can speak Serbian, so the whole lineup could be talking to each other about what moves they are about to make, and the other team wouldn't have a clue - assuming they had no Europeans on the floor.

RE: Welcome 2 new international players including a PG - MICHAELSPAPPY - 06-24-2020 04:03 PM

(06-24-2020 03:26 PM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  And when you get more than one foreign player from the same country on the roster, I figure it helps combat homesickness just that much more.

Not to mention that we should have three Bosnians on the volleyball team.

Welcome 2 new international players including a PG - RBL - 06-24-2020 04:05 PM

Now we are going to have two Marko’s both from Serbia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Welcome 2 new international players including a PG - MICHAELSPAPPY - 06-24-2020 04:19 PM

That could be confusing. Might have to use their middle names, too.

RE: Welcome 2 new international players including a PG - ez272 - 06-25-2020 06:28 PM

I have heard these were their top 2 targets this year.

RE: Welcome 2 new international players including a PG - MICHAELSPAPPY - 06-26-2020 07:48 AM

Looking at his stats it appears that he is a pure point guard. Pass first type.