CSNbbs
Liberty? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+----- Forum: Spin Room - Wild West Edition. (/forum-789.html)
+----- Thread: Liberty? (/thread-901639.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Liberty? - panama - 06-23-2020 02:03 PM

https://www.aseaofred.com/tayvion-land-and-keitrel-clark-have-entered-the-transfer-portal/[Image: b2f48f5b6f1cce0d3bb9b29523a9ea95.gif]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

RE: Liberty? - dbackjon - 06-23-2020 02:05 PM

Talking about the Emus?

RE: Liberty? - dbackjon - 06-23-2020 02:06 PM

Quote:Unfortunately, due to the racial insensitivity displayed by leadership at Liberty University, I have decided to enter my name into the transfer portal and no longer be a student-athlete at Liberty University. I pray that I am able to be provided with a opportunity at a new school that respects my culture and provides a comfortable environment. Bless it! #BLM”

Clark stated, “I have decided to enter my name into the transfer portal and I will no longer be attending Liberty University. This decision has been well thought out and prayed on. This decision is simply bigger than football or the program. The program, staff, and teammates were a complete blessing to my life. Over this year I have developed relationships that I will forever cherish and bonds that will not be broken. However due to the cultural incompetent within multiple levels of leadership, it does not line up with my code of ethics. So therefore I had to do what I felt like was right in my heart and I pray that you support me and pray for me as I find a new home to further my education and football career. Thank you! #BLM”

Land and Clark are both rising sophomores who were part of Coach Freeze’s first recruiting class at Liberty. Land is the highest rated recruit in school history, joining the program as a 4-star rated prospect. He played in 11 games as a true freshman last season, including starter at nickel, and finished with 23 tackles.

RE: Liberty? - Bobcat2013 - 06-23-2020 02:44 PM

So much denial on their forum. yikes

RE: Liberty? - dbackjon - 06-23-2020 03:46 PM

(06-23-2020 02:44 PM)Bobcat2013 Wrote:  So much denial on their forum. yikes

Yeah - it is scary. Outright racism, denialism, and more. A few level heads.

RE: Liberty? - Nerdlinger - 06-23-2020 05:33 PM

Who would have thought an arch-conservative religious school would be racially insensitive?

RE: Liberty? - TuckerGnat - 06-23-2020 05:56 PM

I saw that somebody on their boards posted, "Although I don't agree with the concept of BLM, I hope the best for them."

The concept of BLM is that Black Lives Matter... what about that doesn't this guy agree with? It's not saying no other lives matter. It's simply asking the rest of the world to agree that African Americans shouldn't be strangled, shot in the back, sodomized with a broom handle, etc. I would hope we can all agree with that pretty basic concept.

RE: Liberty? - army56mike - 06-23-2020 06:19 PM

I wish those two young men the best in their future endeavors. May they both be blessed and be a blessing wherever they end up. Unfortunately they aren’t a fit for Liberty.

RE: Liberty? - Bobcat2013 - 06-23-2020 06:30 PM

(06-23-2020 06:19 PM)army56mike Wrote:  I wish those two young men the best in their future endeavors. May they both be blessed and be a blessing wherever they end up. Unfortunately they aren’t a fit for Liberty.

I understand that the university isn't the right fit for them but how do they not fit at Liberty?

RE: Liberty? - Shox - 06-23-2020 07:14 PM

(06-23-2020 05:56 PM)TuckerGnat Wrote:  I saw that somebody on their boards posted, "Although I don't agree with the concept of BLM, I hope the best for them."

The concept of BLM is that Black Lives Matter... what about that doesn't this guy agree with? It's not saying no other lives matter. It's simply asking the rest of the world to agree that African Americans shouldn't be strangled, shot in the back, sodomized with a broom handle, etc. I would hope we can all agree with that pretty basic concept.

No, the concept and value of the current BLM movement has been completely lost in the last month. It's now a vehicle for extreme left wing propoganda. We as a country lost a huge opportunity to call for real.change and unity after Floyd's death was caught on video. Battle lines have now been draw and folks have made up their minds on what BLM means to them.

RE: Liberty? - dbackjon - 06-23-2020 07:32 PM

(06-23-2020 07:14 PM)Shox Wrote:  
(06-23-2020 05:56 PM)TuckerGnat Wrote:  I saw that somebody on their boards posted, "Although I don't agree with the concept of BLM, I hope the best for them."

No, the concept and value of the current BLM movement has been completely lost in the last month. It's now a vehicle for extreme left wing propoganda. We as a country lost a huge opportunity to call for real.change and unity after Floyd's death was caught on video. Battle lines have now been draw and folks have made up their minds on what BLM means to them.

If that is what you have taken away from the Protests over the last month, then you are part of the problem.

No change was going to happen without protests. Change is happening. Change is sometimes messy, but for many POC, status quo is worse.

We never could have had unity because 35% of the country don't think the Police did anything wrong, and since Floyd had a record, he someone was at fault.

When Kaepernick tried to protest peacefully, he was run out the league. Every time a Black person was killed there was always the excuse and coverups, with little or no punishments.

Sorry if some of you have been made uncomfortable over the last month - maybe that will open enough eyes to make a difference.

Equality, equal treatment under the law, freedom to live without being in fear of being shot or killed aren't left wing ideals. They should be AMERICAN Ideals. HUMAN ideals.

Look at Ahmaud Arbery - hunted down, terrorized and killed solely because he was black. And Law Enforcement covered for the murderers.

Look at Breonna Taylor - murdered in her own home by sheer incompetence, no charges filed yet, Louisville tried to sweep it under the rug.

Change is needed. Change will happen. Count on it.

RE: Liberty? - jedclampett - 06-23-2020 07:45 PM

(06-23-2020 05:56 PM)TuckerGnat Wrote:  The concept of BLM is that Black Lives Matter... what about that doesn't this guy agree with? It's not saying no other lives matter. It's simply asking the rest of the world to agree that African Americans shouldn't be strangled, shot in the back, sodomized with a broom handle, etc. I would hope we can all agree with that pretty basic concept.

No, the concept and value of the current BLM movement has been completely lost in the last month. It's now a vehicle for extreme left wing propoganda.

Incorrect. The current Black Lives Matter movement is more mainstream now than it ever was before.

This has been documented in numerous articles based on recent trends in polling data:

How the Black Lives Matter movement went mainstream - The ...
http://www.washingtonpost.com › national › 2020/06/09
Jun 9, 2020 -

https://www.washingtonpost.com/

Amid Protests, Majorities Across Racial and Ethnic Groups Express Support for the Black Lives Matter Movement

June 12, 2020

https://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2020/06/12/amid-protests-majorities-across-racial-and-ethnic-groups-express-support-for-the-black-lives-matter-movement/

How Public Opinion Has Moved on Black Lives Matter

By Nate Cohn and Kevin QuealyJune 10, 2020
In the last two weeks, American voters’ support for the Black Lives Matter movement increased almost as much as it had in the preceding two years.

"By a 28-point margin, Civiqs finds that a majority of American voters support the movement, up from a 17-point margin before the most recent wave of protests began."

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/06/10/upshot/black-lives-matter-attitudes.html

RE: Liberty? - geauxcajuns - 06-23-2020 07:58 PM

You are 100% wrong. BLM the organization is 100% a Marxist movement masquerading behind minority groups. Black, Hispanics and LGBT groups. Now with that being said, no person should discriminated against due to color.

RE: Liberty? - army56mike - 06-23-2020 08:20 PM

(06-23-2020 06:30 PM)Bobcat2013 Wrote:  
(06-23-2020 06:19 PM)army56mike Wrote:  I wish those two young men the best in their future endeavors. May they both be blessed and be a blessing wherever they end up. Unfortunately they aren’t a fit for Liberty.

I understand that the university isn't the right fit for them but how do they not fit at Liberty?

I’m just saying the same thing you just did.

RE: Liberty? - geauxcajuns - 06-23-2020 08:21 PM

(06-23-2020 07:32 PM)dbackjon Wrote:  

If that is what you have taken away from the Protests over the last month, then you are part of the problem.

No change was going to happen without protests. Change is happening. Change is sometimes messy, but for many POC, status quo is worse.

We never could have had unity because 35% of the country don't think the Police did anything wrong, and since Floyd had a record, he someone was at fault.

When Kaepernick tried to protest peacefully, he was run out the league. Every time a Black person was killed there was always the excuse and coverups, with little or no punishments.

Sorry if some of you have been made uncomfortable over the last month - maybe that will open enough eyes to make a difference.

Equality, equal treatment under the law, freedom to live without being in fear of being shot or killed aren't left wing ideals. They should be AMERICAN Ideals. HUMAN ideals.

Look at Ahmaud Arbery - hunted down, terrorized and killed solely because he was black. And Law Enforcement covered for the murderers.

Look at Breonna Taylor - murdered in her own home by sheer incompetence, no charges filed yet, Louisville tried to sweep it under the rug.

Change is needed. Change will happen. Count on it.

George Floyd was inexcusable and anyone who says otherwise is in denial. Now I do feel bad for 2 of the other 3 cops there, they had zero real experience and still should have stepped in and stopped it. But they had 3 shifts between them. They will likely just be fired. Chauvin will get killed in prison.

The Arbery case, I don’t think he was “hunted”, but was murdered. Those guys are toast as well. His criminal past didn’t justify what happened to him, same as with Floyd.

Breonna Taylor....that’s an interesting case because of the way the warrants were issued and the fact the she was named in the warrant as well. There has been so much missing information on this case it’s too early to really say what happened.

Now to Black Lives Matter. The organization is built on lies and deceit. It is a Marxist organization hiding behind racial and sexual orientation inequalities. Below is a link to their own self admission as such.

https://youtu.be/HgEUbSzOTZ8

RE: Liberty? - Bobcat2013 - 06-23-2020 08:26 PM

(06-23-2020 08:20 PM)army56mike Wrote:  
(06-23-2020 06:30 PM)Bobcat2013 Wrote:  

I’m just saying the same thing you just did.

No. The university not being right for them is different than them not fitting in with the University. I see how that can be hard to see though

RE: Liberty? - quo vadis - 06-23-2020 08:45 PM

Well except this is from the BLM website. Seems to be about a bit more than the concept that black people should not arbitarily be killed:

"BLM’s #WhatMatters2020 will focus on the following issues:

Racial Injustice
Police Brutality
Criminal Justice Reform
Black Immigration
Economic Injustice
LGBTQIA+ and Human Rights
Environmental Conditions
Voting Rights & Suppression
Healthcare
Government Corruption
Education
Commonsense Gun Laws"

https://blacklivesmatter.com/blms-whatmatters2020-goals-and-focus/

RE: Liberty? - C00G - 06-23-2020 09:26 PM

Good riddance. There’s absolutely no place for their hatred in NCAA FBS football.

RE: Liberty? - dbackjon - 06-23-2020 10:09 PM

(06-23-2020 07:58 PM)geauxcajuns Wrote:  

You are 100% wrong. BLM the organization is 100% a Marxist movement masquerading behind minority groups. Black, Hispanics and LGBT groups. Now with that being said, no person should discriminated against due to color.

You seriously have no clue

RE: Liberty? - dbackjon - 06-23-2020 10:14 PM

(06-23-2020 09:26 PM)C00G Wrote:  Good riddance. There’s absolutely no place for their hatred in NCAA FBS football.

Who's hatred?