CSNbbs
Tracking the return of JMU sports (NO more discussions of validity of covid pandemic) - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: James Madison (/forum-685.html)
+------ Forum: Off Topic (/forum-934.html)
+------ Thread: Tracking the return of JMU sports (NO more discussions of validity of covid pandemic) (/thread-901559.html)

RE: Tracking the return of JMU sports (no discussions of validity of covid pandemic) - JMURocks - 09-15-2020 01:21 PM

(09-15-2020 01:04 PM)bcp_jmu Wrote:  for almost all vaccines, the initial inoculation require two doses - initial and booster. have a kid and you'll see :)

It's possible, and I would assume this is part of what they are evaluating with the trials. Would think the initial dose would still produce a beneficial response that improves immune system reaction to the virus.

It is also possible one or more vaccines may not need a booster, or they may be a yearly thing like Flu shots, etc. The mechanisms used to invoke response are slightly different with different vaccines, so perhaps the treatment protocol will vary also.

I'm getting my flu shot soon, and it won't bother me a bit if this just becomes an annual routine for a few years or more. Would be nice if its once every 3, 5 or 10 years like some shots, but not expecting that.

RE: Tracking the return of JMU sports (no discussions of validity of covid pandemic) - Dukester - 09-15-2020 01:24 PM

(09-15-2020 01:21 PM)JMURocks Wrote:  
(09-15-2020 01:04 PM)bcp_jmu Wrote:  for almost all vaccines, the initial inoculation require two doses - initial and booster. have a kid and you'll see :)

It's possible, and I would assume this is part of what they are evaluating with the trials. Would think the initial dose would still produce a beneficial response that improves immune system reaction to the virus.

It is also possible one or more vaccines may not need a booster, or they may be a yearly thing like Flu shots, etc. The mechanisms used to invoke response are slightly different with different vaccines, so perhaps the treatment protocol will vary also.

I'm getting my flu shot soon, and it won't bother me a bit if this just becomes an annual routine for a few years or more. Would be nice if its once every 3, 5 or 10 years like some shots, but not expecting that.

I'll likely will get the flu shot as well (due to covid), but although people say this can't happen, I could swear 2 of the 3 times I got the flu shot in my life time I was sick the next week.

RE: Tracking the return of JMU sports (no discussions of validity of covid pandemic) - JMURocks - 09-15-2020 01:35 PM

(09-15-2020 01:14 PM)Dukester Wrote:  
(09-15-2020 12:59 PM)JMURocks Wrote:  
(09-15-2020 08:50 AM)Dukester Wrote:  operation warp speed 03-lmfao

I heard this morning if the vaccine requires two doses it might take to 2024 to be distributed world wide.

I seriously doubt an vaccine will have a material effect until "at least" the fall of next year.

Although I do predict you will hear of a safe one prior to Nov 3. Call me Kreskin.

There's a huge difference between the US and world wide, which would include places like Africa, etc.

Regardless of politics here, one thing all the spending on warp speed did is ensure the US is pretty much at the front of the line for all the leading Vaccine candidates and it accelerated production. Would be shocked if it isn't available by the end of 2021 to anyone here who wants it if not sooner. And it will likely be available far before then (December-Jan ish?) for large segments of the vulnerable population (elderly, healthcare workers, etc). I would expect some prioritization of the initial rollout.

I purposely said the "world" by 2024, but also realize we would be high on the totem pole.

I'd be surprised if it was available for any sort of large roll-out before the second quarter of next year. Once it's available there are other variables that include:
- How many doses will it require per person?
- I've read that Vaccines are not as responsive to the older population, meaning they may need higher or more doses.
- Most people, according to polls, don't want to be one of the first ones to get the vaccine.
- As much resources as is being put into this, it's still going to take longer than expected.

That it's just going to disappear, or a vaccine will be approved in the next 7 weeks for large roll out is jusy fairy tail / pre-election talk. Without a doubt next year's spring sports will be in the Covid environment.

I'm optimistic about the fall, BUT it's possible November and December could be worse than we've experienced so far. Once again, if I had to guess or wager, I would say fall won't be as bad as last spring, or worse than the summer. That said, I or no one else knows for sure.

Sure, many people do get nervous, but the way I see this is the people participating in the trials are the first to take it, they are the ones that have chosen this additional risk that proves out the safety and effectiveness for the rest of us.

The more people afraid to take it, the easier it will be to get for those that want it. And while the virus may not disappear overnight, if significant numbers of the vulnerable population get the vaccine, it could dramatically lower the death rate to where this looks more like the flu and becomes a much more manageable thing.

I was just in Turkey recently, and while most everyone is wearing masks in public, they seemed to have good protocols in place, and things had an overall sense of normalcy. I'm ok with similar things here until we get the vaccine distributed. I don't think shutdowns/lockdowns are the answer.

RE: Tracking the return of JMU sports (no discussions of validity of covid pandemic) - Dukester - 09-15-2020 02:10 PM

(09-15-2020 01:35 PM)JMURocks Wrote:  

I heard this morning if the vaccine requires two doses it might take to 2024 to be distributed world wide.

I seriously doubt an vaccine will have a material effect until "at least" the fall of next year.

Although I do predict you will hear of a safe one prior to Nov 3. Call me Kreskin.

There's a huge difference between the US and world wide, which would include places like Africa, etc.

Regardless of politics here, one thing all the spending on warp speed did is ensure the US is pretty much at the front of the line for all the leading Vaccine candidates and it accelerated production. Would be shocked if it isn't available by the end of 2021 to anyone here who wants it if not sooner. And it will likely be available far before then (December-Jan ish?) for large segments of the vulnerable population (elderly, healthcare workers, etc). I would expect some prioritization of the initial rollout.

I purposely said the "world" by 2024, but also realize we would be high on the totem pole.

I'd be surprised if it was available for any sort of large roll-out before the second quarter of next year. Once it's available there are other variables that include:
- I've read that Vaccines are not as responsive to the older population, meaning they may need higher or more doses.
- Most people, according to polls, don't want to be one of the first ones to get the vaccine.
- As much resources as is being put into this, it's still going to take longer than expected.

That it's just going to disappear, or a vaccine will be approved in the next 7 weeks for large roll out is jusy fairy tail / pre-election talk. Without a doubt next year's spring sports will be in the Covid environment.

I'm optimistic about the fall, BUT it's possible November and December could be worse than we've experienced so far. Once again, if I had to guess or wager, I would say fall won't be as bad as last spring, or worse than the summer. That said, I or no one else knows for sure.

Sure, many people do get nervous, but the way I see this is the people participating in the trials are the first to take it, they are the ones that have chosen this additional risk that proves out the safety and effectiveness for the rest of us.

The more people afraid to take it, the easier it will be to get for those that want it. And while the virus may not disappear overnight, if significant numbers of the vulnerable population get the vaccine, it could dramatically lower the death rate to where this looks more like the flu and becomes a much more manageable thing.

I was just in Turkey recently, and while most everyone is wearing masks in public, they seemed to have good protocols in place, and things had an overall sense of normalcy. I'm ok with similar things here until we get the vaccine distributed. I don't think shutdowns/lockdowns are the answer.

Funny how that common sense step works. I'm shocked they would allow government to infringe on their right to spread the virus. 04-jawdrop I guess they will stop wearing their masks after our election.

I agree about the shutdown/lockdown. I'll even say with hindsight, we'd be much better off if we did not shutdown, but everyone just wore a mask and social distanced.

RE: Tracking the return of JMU sports (no discussions of validity of covid pandemic) - Centdukesfan - 09-15-2020 02:26 PM

(08-20-2020 08:35 AM)Dukester Wrote:  
(08-19-2020 10:19 PM)jmu98 Wrote:  
(08-19-2020 10:00 PM)NH/JMU Saxkow Wrote:  
(08-17-2020 11:57 AM)Wear Purple Wrote:  A few updates...

1. The Canadian Football League announced this morning that it is cancelling its 2020 season.

2. Another big county in the metro Atlanta area has postponed fall sports. Dekalb County has 19 high schools.

3. The state of Michigan is the latest to postpone fall sports until winter or spring. That's now 15 states plus DC.

4. The SEC is going to release its schedule later today. They announced the opponents, but had not set the actual dates and so forth in previous announcements. Consider this an announcement from the SEC's announcement that later today they will have an announcement.

5. The SWAC is the first (at least for me) I've seen who has actually released their spring FB season. Here it is... https://swac.org/news/2020/8/14/swac-releases-spring-2021-football-schedule.aspx ...starting on Feb. 27th.

6. Craig Haley does a pretty good job breaking down the 18 D1AA programs still planning to play FB this fall... http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20200817122318024068604

Massachusetts just moved football to "Spring" (February-April).

Looking bleak for football in NH. One of the top programs in NH (Bedford) just cancelled their football, soccer, cheer, and crew seasons. (Very surprising in that sports-heavy and very GOP town.) The largest city/district (Manchester - right next door to Bedford) will discus it on Monday. If they cancel (which is now more likely), the rest of the dominoes will probably fall very quickly.

NJ still looking to move forward in October for all outdoor fall sports at the HS level. Will be interesting to see what happens once schools open as many will go back in a hybrid mode. Plenty of youth sports going on here since early July and no known outbreaks as a result so I think sports can certainly work though football with close contact is by far the most interesting from an epidemiologic standpoint.

Would not be optimistic about athletics starting in October. October/November are the bulls-eye for cold and flu season. If nothing else, Covid type symptoms will be everywhere. Many will freak out when people do their fall/winter normal hacking. I hate that about every 3-4 years I typically a cough that lingers for about 4-6 weeks. Hope I don't get that this year. 04-jawdrop

(08-28-2020 02:05 PM)Dukester Wrote:  
(08-28-2020 01:54 PM)JMURocks Wrote:  From President Alger’s email today on the start of classes:
“We didn’t need to hand out a single mask, because every student was already wearing one. “

It will be interesting to see if the students maintain this throughout the semester, but seems like off to a good start. I have also been surprised by how relatively aware and conscientious students I’ve seen locally this summer in NoVa seem to be. Maybe we underestimate them at times.

Hard to believe when I read that, but perhaps.

I just think masks/social distancing won't work on campuses.

As I said before, did not even discuss with DJ before he returned to campus. Figured it just won't happen on campuses. Just said focus on a good academics start.

I'm sure it will be required for in person classes - but just don't see it happening in off campus get togethers.

(09-15-2020 10:36 AM)Dukester Wrote:  
(09-15-2020 08:58 AM)ShadyP Wrote:  
(09-15-2020 08:50 AM)Dukester Wrote:  
(09-14-2020 08:09 PM)Purple Wrote:  
(09-14-2020 02:55 PM)AllForDukes Wrote:  Phase III clinical trials are testing for both safety and effectiveness. Successful completion of Phase III trials indicates the vaccine is ready to be distributed. One of the aspects of operation Warp Speed is that each vaccine candidate has been contracted by the Feds to produce significant volumes of each vaccine prior to completing Phase III so that there will be no delay between approval by the FDA and distribution to the general public.

Such great news! I REALLY trust the federal government to take care of me and my family.

operation warp speed 03-lmfao

So, you don't want folks working quickly to get a viable vaccine?

You do realize how quickly this vaccine process is going right.......this is not the typical timeline.

I mean the normal, routine flu vaccine takes how many months to get spread throughout the country and world and not everyone gets them.

Don't call me Keskin but I predict after election day, the COVID crisis/pandemic will not be nearly as big of a deal no matter who wins.

I don't trust the federal government to take care of my family, or sadly for the first time give us true information.

I want folks working quickly to get a viable vaccine, and think they are doing so. I think the name is funny - it reminds me of Star Trek from the 70's.

Sadly I think the worst pandemic in the last century will last far beyond November. Do you think Australia, England, and most other countries have canceled events, and have limited fans (at best) at games due to our November 3 election? Stop with the koolaide.

I do think the talk of antifa will disappear after the election much like the caravans of walking family emigrants, and gangs have in the 2016 & 2018 elections. I'm afraid to walk to my car at night due to gangs, antifa, and emigrants families. It that's not enough, I need to worry about those low income people moving next to me. 04-jawdrop

The virus has impacted me about 100 times in the last 6 months - Gangs, antifa, emigrants walking family caravans, low income invaders to my neighborhood have affected me exactly Zero times in the last 6 months.

(09-15-2020 12:17 PM)DoubleDogDare Wrote:  
(09-15-2020 09:57 AM)DukeDogNation Wrote:  
(09-15-2020 09:46 AM)Centdukesfan Wrote:  Why the hell aren't students back on campus? Is there a timeline for this?

Here's a quote from Dr. Alger's letter on the move to remote learning.

Quote:Over the next month, university officials will carefully monitor health trends and other developments, and will be in touch with the campus community by Sept. 25 regarding the possibility of returning to in-person instruction on or after October 5.

It's the only bold text on that page.

Given Cents ability to source unreliable information for unknowns, I don't believe he was looking for a response as an "answer" to his question has been published/reported by JMU and others multiple times. My guess is it was a rhetorical question meant to air his grievances.

Giving Cent the benefit of doubt, I imagine the fact that Harrisonburg is now considered a "hotspot", there are probably legal ramifications of forcing students/faculty/staff to return JMU/H'burg that need to be considered. I assume they are also predicting another spike of cases would occur given the "hotspot" and the cases in locals now, which would cause JMU to run out/low of isolation spaces again (which was part of the consideration of sending them home). I'd hope they are trying to lock down additional quarantine/isolation spaces as well (JMU has 143, UVA had ~1,500). Some had no problem voicing their disapproval of the sudden decision initially; I'm sure they would just as many pissed off parents if they suddenly decided to bring students back weeks ahead of the initial date of 10/5 (and again, into a hotspot). I mean plenty were questioning JMU sending sick kids homes (which they weren't), certainly those same folks couldn't be advocating to send healthy kids into a hotspot?

Let me howl at the moon. This whole thing is so incredibly stupid.

RE: Tracking the return of JMU sports (no discussions of validity of covid pandemic) - Dukester - 09-15-2020 02:30 PM

I just realized there is both a DoubleDogDare & a DukeDogNation.

I think visually I saw them as the same. 03-lmfao

RE: Tracking the return of JMU sports (no discussions of validity of covid pandemic) - JMURocks - 09-15-2020 02:36 PM

(09-15-2020 02:10 PM)Dukester Wrote:  
(09-15-2020 01:35 PM)JMURocks Wrote:  

Funny how that common sense step works. I'm shocked they would allow government to infringe on their right to spread the virus. 04-jawdrop I guess they will stop wearing their masks after our election.

I agree about the shutdown/lockdown. I'll even say with hindsight, we'd be much better off if we did not shutdown, but everyone just wore a mask and social distanced.

There were a few more things in place also ... temperature measured frequently on entering some establishments, even restauarants (its two second check with a no touch thermo), my gym here does this also. Some places like airlines and hotels also took down detailed contact information to help facilitate contact tracing if needed. Airports had testing available on site. It was all common sense, relatively painless, and there was a sense things are being well managed. Haven't looked at their official rates, but last I knew Turkey was considered a "green" country in the EU infection wise. They are busy now with international tourists, with no obvious crisis.

RE: Tracking the return of JMU sports (no discussions of validity of covid pandemic) - DoubleDogDare - 09-15-2020 03:47 PM

(09-15-2020 02:30 PM)Dukester Wrote:  I just realized there is both a DoubleDogDare & a DukeDogNation.

There is a DukethaDog as well. I have read a post and thought, "when the f'ck did I write that?" only to then realize it was one of them.

RE: Tracking the return of JMU sports (no discussions of validity of covid pandemic) - Dukester - 09-15-2020 04:14 PM

(09-15-2020 03:47 PM)DoubleDogDare Wrote:  
(09-15-2020 02:30 PM)Dukester Wrote:  I just realized there is both a DoubleDogDare & a DukeDogNation.

There is a DukethaDog as well. I have read a post and thought, "when the f'ck did I write that?" only to then realize it was one of them.

That is funny. 04-cheers

RE: Tracking the return of JMU sports (no discussions of validity of covid pandemic) - PGJMU2 - 09-15-2020 05:03 PM

Big 10 to resume football........

RE: Tracking the return of JMU sports (no discussions of validity of covid pandemic) - Dukesfan71 - 09-15-2020 05:52 PM

We should Crank it up to. Kickoff October 3rd or 10th. League games only. Let’s go.

RE: Tracking the return of JMU sports (no discussions of validity of covid pandemic) - Purple - 09-15-2020 06:40 PM

(09-14-2020 08:09 PM)Purple Wrote:  
(09-14-2020 02:55 PM)AllForDukes Wrote:  Phase III clinical trials are testing for both safety and effectiveness. Successful completion of Phase III trials indicates the vaccine is ready to be distributed. One of the aspects of operation Warp Speed is that each vaccine candidate has been contracted by the Feds to produce significant volumes of each vaccine prior to completing Phase III so that there will be no delay between approval by the FDA and distribution to the general public.

Such great news! I REALLY trust the federal government to take care of me and my family.

No, he doesn't. It has been clear for a while that he is thriving on the manufactured misery.

RE: Tracking the return of JMU sports (no discussions of validity of covid pandemic) - Purple - 09-15-2020 06:46 PM

(09-15-2020 09:46 AM)Centdukesfan Wrote:  Why the hell aren't students back on campus? Is there a timeline for this?

Quote:Over the next month, university officials will carefully monitor health trends and other developments, and will be in touch with the campus community by Sept. 25 regarding the possibility of returning to in-person instruction on or after October 5.

Keyword: "monitor"

"health trends and other developments" = "the situation"

RE: Tracking the return of JMU sports (no discussions of validity of covid pandemic) - Purple - 09-15-2020 06:56 PM

(09-15-2020 01:24 PM)Dukester Wrote:  
(09-15-2020 01:21 PM)JMURocks Wrote:  

I'll likely will get the flu shot as well (due to covid), but although people say this can't happen, I could swear 2 of the 3 times I got the flu shot in my life time I was sick the next week.

True. You want the flu? Get a flu shot.

RE: Tracking the return of JMU sports (no discussions of validity of covid pandemic) - Purple - 09-15-2020 07:00 PM

(09-15-2020 02:26 PM)Centdukesfan Wrote:  
(08-20-2020 08:35 AM)Dukester Wrote:  
(08-19-2020 10:19 PM)jmu98 Wrote:  
(08-19-2020 10:00 PM)NH/JMU Saxkow Wrote:  
(08-17-2020 11:57 AM)Wear Purple Wrote:  A few updates...

1. The Canadian Football League announced this morning that it is cancelling its 2020 season.

2. Another big county in the metro Atlanta area has postponed fall sports. Dekalb County has 19 high schools.

3. The state of Michigan is the latest to postpone fall sports until winter or spring. That's now 15 states plus DC.

4. The SEC is going to release its schedule later today. They announced the opponents, but had not set the actual dates and so forth in previous announcements. Consider this an announcement from the SEC's announcement that later today they will have an announcement.

5. The SWAC is the first (at least for me) I've seen who has actually released their spring FB season. Here it is... https://swac.org/news/2020/8/14/swac-releases-spring-2021-football-schedule.aspx ...starting on Feb. 27th.

6. Craig Haley does a pretty good job breaking down the 18 D1AA programs still planning to play FB this fall... http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20200817122318024068604

Massachusetts just moved football to "Spring" (February-April).

Looking bleak for football in NH. One of the top programs in NH (Bedford) just cancelled their football, soccer, cheer, and crew seasons. (Very surprising in that sports-heavy and very GOP town.) The largest city/district (Manchester - right next door to Bedford) will discus it on Monday. If they cancel (which is now more likely), the rest of the dominoes will probably fall very quickly.

NJ still looking to move forward in October for all outdoor fall sports at the HS level. Will be interesting to see what happens once schools open as many will go back in a hybrid mode. Plenty of youth sports going on here since early July and no known outbreaks as a result so I think sports can certainly work though football with close contact is by far the most interesting from an epidemiologic standpoint.

Would not be optimistic about athletics starting in October. October/November are the bulls-eye for cold and flu season. If nothing else, Covid type symptoms will be everywhere. Many will freak out when people do their fall/winter normal hacking. I hate that about every 3-4 years I typically a cough that lingers for about 4-6 weeks. Hope I don't get that this year. 04-jawdrop

(08-28-2020 02:05 PM)Dukester Wrote:  
(08-28-2020 01:54 PM)JMURocks Wrote:  From President Alger’s email today on the start of classes:
“We didn’t need to hand out a single mask, because every student was already wearing one. “

It will be interesting to see if the students maintain this throughout the semester, but seems like off to a good start. I have also been surprised by how relatively aware and conscientious students I’ve seen locally this summer in NoVa seem to be. Maybe we underestimate them at times.

Hard to believe when I read that, but perhaps.

I just think masks/social distancing won't work on campuses.

As I said before, did not even discuss with DJ before he returned to campus. Figured it just won't happen on campuses. Just said focus on a good academics start.

I'm sure it will be required for in person classes - but just don't see it happening in off campus get togethers.

(09-15-2020 10:36 AM)Dukester Wrote:  
(09-14-2020 08:09 PM)Purple Wrote:  Such great news! I REALLY trust the federal government to take care of me and my family.

You do realize how quickly this vaccine process is going right.......this is not the typical timeline.

I mean the normal, routine flu vaccine takes how many months to get spread throughout the country and world and not everyone gets them.

Don't call me Keskin but I predict after election day, the COVID crisis/pandemic will not be nearly as big of a deal no matter who wins.

I don't trust the federal government to take care of my family, or sadly for the first time give us true information.

I want folks working quickly to get a viable vaccine, and think they are doing so. I think the name is funny - it reminds me of Star Trek from the 70's.

Sadly I think the worst pandemic in the last century will last far beyond November. Do you think Australia, England, and most other countries have canceled events, and have limited fans (at best) at games due to our November 3 election? Stop with the koolaide.

I do think the talk of antifa will disappear after the election much like the caravans of walking family emigrants, and gangs have in the 2016 & 2018 elections. I'm afraid to walk to my car at night due to gangs, antifa, and emigrants families. It that's not enough, I need to worry about those low income people moving next to me. 04-jawdrop

The virus has impacted me about 100 times in the last 6 months - Gangs, antifa, emigrants walking family caravans, low income invaders to my neighborhood have affected me exactly Zero times in the last 6 months.

(09-15-2020 12:17 PM)DoubleDogDare Wrote:  

Given Cents ability to source unreliable information for unknowns, I don't believe he was looking for a response as an "answer" to his question has been published/reported by JMU and others multiple times. My guess is it was a rhetorical question meant to air his grievances.

Giving Cent the benefit of doubt, I imagine the fact that Harrisonburg is now considered a "hotspot", there are probably legal ramifications of forcing students/faculty/staff to return JMU/H'burg that need to be considered. I assume they are also predicting another spike of cases would occur given the "hotspot" and the cases in locals now, which would cause JMU to run out/low of isolation spaces again (which was part of the consideration of sending them home). I'd hope they are trying to lock down additional quarantine/isolation spaces as well (JMU has 143, UVA had ~1,500). Some had no problem voicing their disapproval of the sudden decision initially; I'm sure they would just as many pissed off parents if they suddenly decided to bring students back weeks ahead of the initial date of 10/5 (and again, into a hotspot). I mean plenty were questioning JMU sending sick kids homes (which they weren't), certainly those same folks couldn't be advocating to send healthy kids into a hotspot?

Let me howl at the moon. This whole thing is so incredibly stupid.

This!

RE: Tracking the return of JMU sports (no discussions of validity of covid pandemic) - Wear Purple - 09-15-2020 07:37 PM

(09-15-2020 05:03 PM)PGJMU2 Wrote:  Big 10 to resume football........

Kind of interesting how if you go back in this thread to see how a lot of the hypotheses offered up have mostly come true. Such as...

1. SEC/ACC/Big12-2 were definitely going to play FB no matter what COVID was/is doing in their respective states/footprint.

2. The Sun Belt would definitely play ball as they see the opportunity for bigger television exposure with more TV slots opening up. Note, Appy State at Marshall (not Sun Belt but still) game this upcoming Saturday has been moved from CBS-Sports Net to CBS National Network. Even better than they could've expected back in July.

3. The Big 10+4 wasn't about to let the SEC/ACC/Big12-2 play ball, get attention, etc., while they sat on the sideline watching.

RE: Tracking the return of JMU sports (no discussions of validity of covid pandemic) - Dukester - 09-16-2020 08:36 AM

One off year

RE: Tracking the return of JMU sports (no discussions of validity of covid pandemic) - ShadyP - 09-16-2020 10:12 AM

(09-15-2020 05:52 PM)Dukesfan71 Wrote:  We should Crank it up to. Kickoff October 3rd or 10th. League games only. Let’s go.

This, evidently if the Big10 is now a go after evaluation of the data, science, and risks this should speak volumes......given they comprise a lot of big research universities.

RE: Tracking the return of JMU sports (no discussions of validity of covid pandemic) - Wear Purple - 09-16-2020 10:39 AM

(09-16-2020 10:12 AM)ShadyP Wrote:  
(09-15-2020 05:52 PM)Dukesfan71 Wrote:  We should Crank it up to. Kickoff October 3rd or 10th. League games only. Let’s go.

This, evidently if the Big10 is now a go after evaluation of the data, science, and risks this should speak volumes......given they comprise a lot of big research universities.

I doubt it has much to do with evaluating data, science, risk, or them having a lot of big research universities and way way WAAAAAAY more with watching the SEC, ACC, and Big 12-2 making their seasons somehow work. Peer pressure. Keeping up with the Joneses. That kind of stuff.

04-cheers

RE: Tracking the return of JMU sports (no discussions of validity of covid pandemic) - ShadyP - 09-16-2020 10:43 AM

(09-16-2020 10:39 AM)Wear Purple Wrote:  
(09-16-2020 10:12 AM)ShadyP Wrote:  

I doubt it has much to do with evaluating data, science, risk, or them having a lot of big research universities and way way WAAAAAAY more with watching the SEC, ACC, and Big 12-2 making their seasons somehow work. Peer pressure. Keeping up with the Joneses. That kind of stuff.

04-cheers

Sure there is that pressure too.......but I don't think they would be reversing coarse if the data did not support it and the data points of other schools safety measures and playing did not support it.