CSNbbs
Cancel “Rice” - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: Rice (/forum-444.html)
+------ Forum: Kent Rowald Memorial Quad (/forum-660.html)
+------ Thread: Cancel “Rice” (/thread-901502.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Cancel “Rice” - Rice93 - 06-24-2020 09:26 AM

(06-24-2020 09:02 AM)tanqtonic Wrote:  
(06-24-2020 08:55 AM)Rice93 Wrote:  
(06-24-2020 08:48 AM)tanqtonic Wrote:  
(06-24-2020 08:39 AM)Rice93 Wrote:  So no acid? Where did you come up with your claim re: acid milkshakes?

I guess you dont understand what happens when cement is put into water. Look it up. That is, as opposed to your dumb ass question there. Does everyone have to spell out everything for you so your brain can digest it?

Do you even know quick dry cement has a 'chemical burns' tag on the bag, poindexter?

Jeezus fing krist, dude.

OMG. Amazing.

Yes. I feel so stupid now that you have explained why you chose to refer to these as "acid milkshakes" as opposed to "concrete milkshakes". Truly incredible logic and I am indeed a dumb*** for not following.

Perhaps *you* should have bothered to look something up before flapping your fing mouth. But..... you didnt. You just made a bald, asinine, and clueless shot without any knowledge of any of the background.

Congrats there poindexter..... absolutely brilliant move there... off the fing charts....

I mean... your implication was that the milkshakes were being used as caustic agents as opposed to something akin to throwing a rock. Zero evidence of that anywhere mind you. In fact... flimsy to no evidence that the concrete even happened. But go for it.

RE: Cancel “Rice” - OptimisticOwl - 06-24-2020 09:30 AM

(06-24-2020 08:54 AM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  
(06-24-2020 08:39 AM)Rice93 Wrote:  So no acid? Where did you come up with your claim re: acid milkshakes?

I guess you dont understand what happens when cement is put into water. Look it up. That is, as opposed to your dumb ass question there. Does everyone have to spell out everything for you so your brain can digest it?

Do you even know quick dry cement has a 'chemical burns' tag on the bag, poindexter? I would surmise from your comment above that is something you are gd clueless on. Yet you feel the need to jump all over it.

Jeezus fing krist, dude. You are putting some pretty good jack--- points on the board there, and early too. But in your favor, I wouldnt expect a model to know **** from shinola about concrete.....

Cement increases the pH of a solution, so it is a base.

I've dealt with it a lot in my line of work while dealing with borehole abandonment and decontamination fluid.

Good to see you using your education instead of arguing law.

RE: Cancel “Rice” - tanqtonic - 06-24-2020 09:32 AM

(06-24-2020 09:26 AM)Rice93 Wrote:  

Do you even know quick dry cement has a 'chemical burns' tag on the bag, poindexter?

Jeezus fing krist, dude.

OMG. Amazing.

Yes. I feel so stupid now that you have explained why you chose to refer to these as "acid milkshakes" as opposed to "concrete milkshakes". Truly incredible logic and I am indeed a dumb*** for not following.

Perhaps *you* should have bothered to look something up before flapping your fing mouth. But..... you didnt. You just made a bald, asinine, and clueless shot without any knowledge of any of the background.

Congrats there poindexter..... absolutely brilliant move there... off the fing charts....

I mean... your implication was that the milkshakes were being used as caustic agents as opposed to something akin to throwing a rock. Zero evidence of that anywhere mind you. In fact... flimsy to no evidence that the concrete even happened. But go for it.

There have been numerous reports of it.

Quote:your implication was that the milkshakes were being used as caustic agents as opposed to something akin to throwing a rock.

An addition of concrete to them does make them a caustic agent. That seems to be a pretty standard point that you still seem pretty clueless about. Maybe in this instance it is a basic 'basic' point.

I take it you are still fing clueless as to the chemistry of cement. Keep it up poindexter. Your comments about this are a gift that keep on giving. Here is a clue: highly basic == caustic, Einstein. Again, good fing grief.

Still waiting for your fantabulous regaling of everyone with your points about systemic racism. Funny as hell you jump full force and fury into this and still run the hell away from those things.

Damn, I need to find a Gomer Pyle "surprise surprise surprise" gif for that one. I am sure that you, as the next in line to the Gif boy title should be able to do that.

RE: Cancel “Rice” - tanqtonic - 06-24-2020 09:37 AM

(06-24-2020 09:30 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  

Do you even know quick dry cement has a 'chemical burns' tag on the bag, poindexter? I would surmise from your comment above that is something you are gd clueless on. Yet you feel the need to jump all over it.

Jeezus fing krist, dude. You are putting some pretty good jack--- points on the board there, and early too. But in your favor, I wouldnt expect a model to know **** from shinola about concrete.....

I've dealt with it a lot in my line of work while dealing with borehole abandonment and decontamination fluid.

The funny thing is that lad's distinction without a difference made 93 think it wasnt caustic. So not only did 93 ever fing bother to look up the acid-like properties of cement, he is now jumping to the conclusion from lad's inane distinction that there is no caustic issue with cement because cement is a "base". This is better than comedy.

93 keeps leaping from dumb*** conclusion to dumb*** conclusion without ever attempting to actually find stuff out on his own. I thought Rice people were taught to be a tad more critical and objective. And quite not as blind.

lad's comment that 'it is a base', while accurate, simply is amazingly misdescriptive -- I think lad either thinks that a good base burn is better than a good acid burn, or that base burns are a lesser issue than acid burns, or he just tossed the issue that cement is a base out there for the ***** and giggles without regard to the scope of caustic properties of base like cement.

RE: Cancel “Rice” - OptimisticOwl - 06-24-2020 09:41 AM

Hard to tell from this video if the milkshakes contain concrete or vanilla. But it does seem like like more than 1% of the crowd is involved. Whatever percent is involved, zero percent is trying to stop it.

Seems like 93 and Lad are pursuing a pointless point. As if somebody claims a person was struck with a bat, and somebody else gleefully says "No! it was a 2 x 4. You LIE!!!"

RE: Cancel “Rice” - RiceLad15 - 06-24-2020 09:41 AM

(06-24-2020 09:24 AM)tanqtonic Wrote:  
(06-24-2020 09:20 AM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  Again, chiming in to provide the factual correction that a concrete mixture is a caustic base, not a caustic acid.

And once a again, a distinction without a difference, lad.

Which is worse, being hit in the eyes with something with a pH of 13 or a pH of 1?

Same type of burn, same magnitude of burn. Seriously, the *only* difference is what you use to flush your eyes and skin with. Okey dokey -- basic. Got it. Perhaps you should regale us with the next stupid as sin distinction?

You seem to be the ace #1 provider of those 'distinctions without a difference', thanks for not letting us all down here.

You said acid milkshake - it is technically a base or alkaline milkshake.

When you get on your high horse, as you are now, about how stupid people are, make sure you don't say stupid things yourself.

RE: Cancel “Rice” - RiceLad15 - 06-24-2020 09:43 AM

Just making sure basic construction knowledge is passed along to those who need it.

RE: Cancel “Rice” - Rice93 - 06-24-2020 09:43 AM

(06-24-2020 09:32 AM)tanqtonic Wrote:  
(06-24-2020 08:48 AM)tanqtonic Wrote:  I guess you dont understand what happens when cement is put into water. Look it up. That is, as opposed to your dumb ass question there. Does everyone have to spell out everything for you so your brain can digest it?

Jeezus fing krist, dude.

OMG. Amazing.

Quote:your implication was that the milkshakes were being used as caustic agents as opposed to something akin to throwing a rock.

I take it you are still fing clueless as to the chemistry of cement. Keep it up poindexter. Your comments about this are a gift that keep on giving. Here is a clue: highly basic == caustic, Einstein. Again, good fing grief.

Yeah... I get that highly basic = caustic.

I admit to not having your high level of sophistication as to the chemistry of cement.

So no acid milkshakes?

RE: Cancel “Rice” - Rice93 - 06-24-2020 09:44 AM

(06-24-2020 09:41 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  Hard to tell from this video if the milkshakes contain concrete or vanilla. But it does seem like like more than 1% of the crowd is involved. Whatever percent is involved, zero percent is trying to stop it.

Seems like 93 and Lad are pursuing a pointless point. As if somebody claims a person was struck with a bat, and somebody else gleefully says "No! it was a 2 x 4. You LIE!!!"

And not for the first time on here, mind you.

RE: Cancel “Rice” - tanqtonic - 06-24-2020 09:46 AM

(06-24-2020 09:44 AM)Rice93 Wrote:  
(06-24-2020 09:41 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  Hard to tell from this video if the milkshakes contain concrete or vanilla. But it does seem like like more than 1% of the crowd is involved. Whatever percent is involved, zero percent is trying to stop it.

And not for the first time on here, mind you.

And uniquely on you two on this one, mind you.

RE: Cancel “Rice” - OptimisticOwl - 06-24-2020 09:46 AM

(06-24-2020 09:37 AM)tanqtonic Wrote:  

The funny thing is that lad's distinction without a difference made 93 think it wasnt caustic. So not only did 93 ever fing bother to look up the acid-like properties of cement, he is now jumping to the conclusion from lad's inane distinction that there is no caustic issue with cement because cement is a "base". This is better than comedy.

93 keeps leaping from dumb*** conclusion to dumb*** conclusion without ever attempting to actually find stuff out on his own. I thought Rice people were taught to be a tad more critical and objective. And quite not as blind.

Isn't lye a base?

I took minimal science at Rice, but it seems to me I heard that somewhere.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lye

A lye is a metal hydroxide traditionally obtained by leaching wood ashes, or a strong alkali which is highly soluble in water producing caustic basic solutions.

Personal protective equipment including safety glasses, chemical-resistant gloves, and adequate ventilation are required for the safe handling of lyes. When in proximity to a lye that is dissolving in an open container of water, the use of a vapor-resistant face mask is recommended.

RE: Cancel “Rice” - RiceLad15 - 06-24-2020 09:47 AM

lad's comment that 'it is a base', while accurate, simply is amazingly misdescriptive -- I think lad either thinks that a good base burn is better than a good acid burn, or that base burns are a lesser issue than acid burns, or he just tossed the issue that cement is a base out there for the ***** and giggles without regard to the scope of caustic properties of base like cement.

Naw - caustic burns can be severe regardless of the acid or base. I was simply making sure the correct term was being used.

I mean, if you asked me if I heard about acid milkshakes, I would have said no. If you had asked me if I heard about cement milkshakes I would have said yes, because there were reports of them being used. Or heck, even if you had said caustic milkshakes, I would have said yes. Cus, you know, language matters.

I actually thought you might have been referencing the debunked milkshake poisoning at Shake Shack, since the Portland incident had purportedly involved Portland.

RE: Cancel “Rice” - OptimisticOwl - 06-24-2020 09:50 AM

(06-24-2020 09:47 AM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  
(06-24-2020 08:48 AM)tanqtonic Wrote:  I guess you dont understand what happens when cement is put into water. Look it up. That is, as opposed to your dumb ass question there. Does everyone have to spell out everything for you so your brain can digest it?

Naw - caustic burns can be severe regardless of the acid or base. I was simply making sure the correct term was being used.

I mean, if you asked me if I heard about acid milkshakes, I would have said no. If you had asked me if I heard about cement milkshakes I would have said yes, because there were reports of them being used. Or heck, even if you had said caustic milkshakes, I would have said yes. Cus, you know, language matters.

I actually thought you might have been referencing the debunked milkshake poisoning at Shake Shack, since the Portland incident had purportedly involved Portland.

Portland cement?

I think the only one Lad misdirected was 93.

RE: Cancel “Rice” - tanqtonic - 06-24-2020 09:51 AM

(06-24-2020 09:43 AM)Rice93 Wrote:  
(06-24-2020 08:55 AM)Rice93 Wrote:  OMG. Amazing.

I admit to not having your high level of sophistication as to the chemistry of cement.

So no acid milkshakes?

I would keep the descriptor -- the adjective acid tells the public what it does.

I would scared that if I used the term 'basic milkshake', some dumb*** like you would think I am saying 'vanilla milkshake'.

Are we in agreement that the term 'basic', as would be understood by someone with no clue of the caustic and chemical definitions, like you, would be understood as 'plain'?

So no, the term acid milkshake is an accurate description that can be readily understood by all on what it's effects are.

RE: Cancel “Rice” - OptimisticOwl - 06-24-2020 09:54 AM

(06-24-2020 09:51 AM)tanqtonic Wrote:  
(06-24-2020 09:43 AM)Rice93 Wrote:  
(06-24-2020 09:02 AM)tanqtonic Wrote:  Perhaps *you* should have bothered to look something up before flapping your fing mouth. But..... you didnt. You just made a bald, asinine, and clueless shot without any knowledge of any of the background.

So no acid milkshakes?

I would keep the descriptor -- the adjective acid tells the public what it does.

I would scared that if I used the term 'basic milkshake', some dumb*** like you would think I am saying 'vanilla milkshake'.

Are we in agreement that the term 'basic', as would be understood by someone with no clue of the caustic and chemical definitions, like you, would be understood as 'plain'?

So no, the term acid milkshake is an accurate description that can be readily understood by all on what it's effects are.

They sure seemed to have a lot of them. Maybe a fast food outlet was donating them to the 1%?

If I was angry enough to want to throw something at "bad" people, it sure as hell wouldn't be my lunch.

So, on the basis of logic, I think those were something more than just the milkshakes you get at Whataburger. Otherwise, why weren't they throwing french fries, too?

RE: Cancel “Rice” - tanqtonic - 06-24-2020 09:55 AM

(06-24-2020 09:50 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  
(06-24-2020 08:54 AM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  Cement increases the pH of a solution, so it is a base.

Portland cement?

You are correct, language does matter.

'Cement milkshake' to some means 'rocks' (i.e. 93).
'Basic milkshake' would mean top many a milkshake without cherries or whipped cream.

The term 'acid milkshake', while not correct in the chemical sense, means to an average person a milkshake meant to cause caustic burns.

Because, language *does* matter to completely convey an idea. In this case acid milkshake does that. Funny that.

RE: Cancel “Rice” - OptimisticOwl - 06-24-2020 09:59 AM

(06-24-2020 09:55 AM)tanqtonic Wrote:  
(06-24-2020 09:50 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  
(06-24-2020 09:30 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  Good to see you using your education instead of arguing law.

Portland cement?

You are correct, language does matter.

'Cement milkshake' to some means 'rocks' (i.e. 93).
'Basic milkshake' would mean top many a milkshake without cherries or whipped cream.

The term 'acid milkshake', while not correct in the chemical sense, means to an average person a milkshake meant to cause caustic burns.

Because, language *does* matter to completely convey an idea. In this case acid milkshake does that. Funny that.

Maybe "doctored" milkshakes, to suggest they were adulterated to make them more damaging to humans.

Of course, the word "doctored" might be taken to mean they were created by MDs.

RE: Cancel “Rice” - At Ease - 06-24-2020 09:59 AM

(06-24-2020 08:27 AM)tanqtonic Wrote:  I didnt realize you had such a stick up your ass about 'acid milkshakes'.

Try sourcing the Portland Police department about the use of quick drying cement being added into thrown shakes.

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2019/07/police-lieutenant-wrote-he-firmly-believed-milkshakes-thrown-during-june-protest-contained-some-form-of-concrete.html

And there have been other reports as well. Try the term 'Andy Ngo', for one.

Ngo is an actual propagandist for white nationalists

RE: Cancel “Rice” - tanqtonic - 06-24-2020 10:00 AM

(06-24-2020 09:46 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  

Isn't lye a base?

I thought lye was associated with dog faced pony soldiers or somefink.

RE: Cancel “Rice” - OptimisticOwl - 06-24-2020 10:03 AM

I never know whether or not to read the posts from the Dem-bot. Guessed wrong this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ux3-a9RE1Q