CSNbbs
AState reveals early plans for football season - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: AState reveals early plans for football season (/thread-901096.html)

AState reveals early plans for football season - chiefsfan - 06-13-2020 02:17 PM

Currently based on Phase 2 Guidelines for Arkansas outdoor venues, which is 66 percent capacity.

Among what we know.

1. All Season Ticket holders are guaranteed a seat, and will be given priority seating over anyone else.

2. Indoor and Club seating will remain in place at 66 percent capacity. All concessions will still be sold as normal.

3. Likely some single game tickets will be sold. Though not many. Tickets will have a suggested entry time and gate on them, but fans will not be required to enter at that time.

4. Social Distancing will be clearly marked, though like most current state regulations, it will be done on the honor system (In other words, we ask people to social distance, but there's no enforcement.

5. There is no decision on masks yet. Face Masks are still controversial here and not as widely accepted. There will likely be a suggestion to wear them, but I doubt it will be an enforced regulation.

RE: AState reveals early plans for football season - Usajags - 06-13-2020 05:14 PM

As we move into July, I’m hoping all schools and states release a plan.

I’m hoping by then we have moved on to something else and COVID-19 is over. I’ve got a kid headed to college this year, and like all parents I want him to have good traditional experience.

RE: AState reveals early plans fvaor football season - UAB Schnauzer - 06-14-2020 12:33 PM

(06-13-2020 05:14 PM)Usajags Wrote:  As we move into July, I’m hoping all schools and states release a plan.

I’m hoping by then we have moved on to something else and COVID-19 is over. I’ve got a kid headed to college this year, and like all parents I want him to have good traditional experience.

there is no indication that it will be over anytime soon. alabama had 880 positive announced yesterday and over 1000 today. with people getting out the numbers are going up not down. flu season is over and covid has not magically gone away. they need to be encouraging people wear masks so we can keep it as manageable as possible until they get a vaccine.

RE: AState reveals early plans for football season - Saint3333 - 06-14-2020 04:36 PM

What about the other third of club seat holders? I imagine that group is expecting something for this year.

RE: AState reveals early plans for football season - mjs - 06-14-2020 04:41 PM

(06-14-2020 04:36 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  What about the other third of club seat holders? I imagine that group is expecting something for this year.

If ASU has sold more than 2/3rds of their indoor and club seats, for this season, that is a good problem to have. If that is the case, they'll figure it out.

RE: AState reveals early plans for football season - Saint3333 - 06-14-2020 08:19 PM

(06-14-2020 04:41 PM)mjs Wrote:  
(06-14-2020 04:36 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  What about the other third of club seat holders? I imagine that group is expecting something for this year.

If ASU has sold more than 2/3rds of their indoor and club seats, for this season, that is a good problem to have. If that is the case, they'll figure it out.

This post is strange from a non Ark St fan and not helpful.

RE: AState reveals early plans for football season - eagleskins - 06-14-2020 11:31 PM

Zero chance there will be college football. Too many selfish idiots in this country

RE: AState reveals early plans for football season - chiefsfan - 06-15-2020 12:09 AM

Thankfully we’ve not sold those very well. We’re sort of copying what is apparently the unofficial state motto during this. “If your not comfortable, no one Is making you get out” I think we’re very much hoping a bunch of people choose to stay home

RE: AState reveals early plans for football season - chiefsfan - 06-15-2020 12:16 AM

(06-14-2020 11:31 PM)eagleskins Wrote:  Zero chance there will be college football. Too many selfish idiots in this country

Skins. Arkansas relies on college football for too much of its economy. I don’t know what others will do, but we are playing

RE: AState reveals early plans for football season - sdcritter - 06-15-2020 07:19 AM

So if no one else shows up to play does this mean we might have an undefeated season? :)

RE: AState reveals early plans for football season - OsageJ - 06-15-2020 08:38 AM

(06-15-2020 07:19 AM)sdcritter Wrote:  So if no one else shows up to play does this mean we might have an undefeated season? :)

You know Anderson will figure out how to blow at least one game.

RE: AState reveals early plans for football season - sdcritter - 06-15-2020 10:14 AM

(06-15-2020 08:38 AM)OsageJ Wrote:  
(06-15-2020 07:19 AM)sdcritter Wrote:  So if no one else shows up to play does this mean we might have an undefeated season? :)

You know Anderson will figure out how to blow at least one game.

I wish you were wrong but I know you're not.

RE: AState reveals early plans for football season - mjs - 06-15-2020 01:44 PM

(06-14-2020 08:19 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  

I suppose my point was, that with all the uncertainty, I really doubt ASU has sold 2/3 of those seats. Chiefsfan confirmed that in his subsequent post. This obviously will be an issue, if schools like Clemson, Alabama, etc. put similar limits on capacity.
With the NBA, NHL, MLS, and MLB all playing without fans will college football really be the first to have fans in the stands? NFL regular season starts after college football, but they will have to make some decisions on fan attendance before that.

RE: AState reveals early plans for football season - chiefsfan - 06-16-2020 05:08 PM

(06-15-2020 01:44 PM)mjs Wrote:  
(06-14-2020 08:19 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  

I suppose my point was, that with all the uncertainty, I really doubt ASU has sold 2/3 of those seats. Chiefsfan confirmed that in his subsequent post. This obviously will be an issue, if schools like Clemson, Alabama, etc. put similar limits on capacity.
With the NBA, NHL, MLS, and MLB all playing without fans will college football really be the first to have fans in the stands? NFL regular season starts after college football, but they will have to make some decisions on fan attendance before that.

The anticipation is yes College Sports will be. With the major leagues most of those teams are in urban cities which likely have far tighter restrictions. College Football is going to be mixed depending on the state. NY might ban fans but Florida probably says go with capacity limits