CSNbbs
Jaguars Ink Home & Home with Louisiana Tech - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Jaguars Ink Home & Home with Louisiana Tech (/thread-900501.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Jaguars Ink Home & Home with Louisiana Tech - hgolfman405 - 06-03-2020 05:31 PM

https://usajaguars.com/news/2020/6/3/south-football-to-meet-louisiana-tech-in-two-game-series.aspx

RE: Jaguars Ink Home & Home with Louisiana Tech - Michael in Raleigh - 06-03-2020 06:17 PM

Show no mercy. Beat them 57-0 both times. I've never disliked a team Appalachian has never played so much. They've won ten games once in 31 years of FBS ball compared to App's four times in six years, and their fans act like they're the most important program in G5 football.

RE: Jaguars Ink Home & Home with Louisiana Tech - SkullyMaroo - 06-03-2020 06:25 PM

(06-03-2020 06:17 PM)Michael in Raleigh Wrote:  Show no mercy. Beat them 57-0 both times. I've never disliked a team Appalachian has never played so much. They've won ten games once in 31 years of FBS ball compared to App's four times in six years, and their fans act like their the most important program in G5 football.

They beat the Sun Belt champions in a bowl game several years ago I hear.

RE: Jaguars Ink Home & Home with Louisiana Tech - OsageJ - 06-03-2020 06:42 PM

(06-03-2020 06:25 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  
(06-03-2020 06:17 PM)Michael in Raleigh Wrote:  Show no mercy. Beat them 57-0 both times. I've never disliked a team Appalachian has never played so much. They've won ten games once in 31 years of FBS ball compared to App's four times in six years, and their fans act like their the most important program in G5 football.

Arrrrhghhh. Of course that wasn't y'all was it.05-stirthepot Yeah 03-puke I know your almost winless team beat us last year.03-puke

RE: Jaguars Ink Home & Home with Louisiana Tech - JoeJag - 06-03-2020 07:17 PM

(06-03-2020 06:42 PM)OsageJ Wrote:  
(06-03-2020 06:25 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  

Arrrrhghhh. Of course that wasn't y'all was it.05-stirthepot Yeah 03-puke I know your almost winless team beat us last year.03-puke

Yeah, that was a sweet one for the Jaguars to win. Sort of took the ole wind right out of those stAte sails.

RE: Jaguars Ink Home & Home with Louisiana Tech - FrankyP - 06-03-2020 07:56 PM

Oh that ain’t isn’t even the 1/2 of it. You should hear their grand deluisions about how great they are academically.
03-puke
But dey got an interstate running just off of them lol.

RE: Jaguars Ink Home & Home with Louisiana Tech - CardinalBlackTrojan - 06-03-2020 09:05 PM

I heard that La Tech thinks South should move up to a prestigious league like Conference USA if they want to play against them.

RE: Jaguars Ink Home & Home with Louisiana Tech - JoeJag - 06-03-2020 09:42 PM

(06-03-2020 09:05 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  I heard that La Tech thinks South should move up to a prestigious league like Conference USA if they want to play against them.

Thanks, but, no thanks. South is just fine where we're meant to be. If and when we leave the Belt, I hope it won't be a lateral or below move. But that's just my own, and very humble opinion.

RE: Jaguars Ink Home & Home with Louisiana Tech - runninjoe - 06-03-2020 10:59 PM

Wait isn't this a 2-1? La Tech is playing on a different level guys? They BEAT Grambling and beat RICE in OT last year on Disney+. Big name competition, great job USA AD!!!!!!

RE: Jaguars Ink Home & Home with Louisiana Tech - CardinalBlackTrojan - 06-03-2020 11:22 PM

(06-03-2020 10:59 PM)runninjoe Wrote:  Wait isn't this a 2-1? La Tech is playing on a different level guys? They BEAT Grambling and beat RICE in OT last year on Disney+. Big name competition, great job USA AD!!!!!!

Grambling nearly waltzed out of there with a win. Nobody mentioned how Grambling pretty much whooped Tech in every stat. And no, it wasn't because Tech had their second and third string players in.

Grambling made it a 6-point game with about 3:30 left. They then recovered the onside kick, but unfortunately for them, they couldn't convert on 4th and 5 on La Tech's 47 yard line.

That's embarassing considering ULM drubbed Grambling 31-9.

What's even more embarassing is that ULM had 28,300 in attendance for their game, and both schools are 40 minutes apart... and La Tech had 23,174 in attendance... and Grambling is literally a 7-minute drive from La Tech.

What does that say?

RE: Jaguars Ink Home & Home with Louisiana Tech - ah59396 - 06-04-2020 01:11 AM

Got confused and thought USA had scheduled a home and home with an FCS game. Forgot La Tech was even real.

RE: Jaguars Ink Home & Home with Louisiana Tech - TrueBlueDrew - 06-04-2020 07:29 AM

Looks like La Tech is scheduling up a level 04-cheers

RE: Jaguars Ink Home & Home with Louisiana Tech - Saint3333 - 06-04-2020 07:42 AM

Jags probably just buy out the return game.

RE: Jaguars Ink Home & Home with Louisiana Tech - BRtransplant - 06-05-2020 05:16 AM

La Tech is 5-0 in our last five meetings with SBC teams. That includes two total shellackings of ULL in a home and home series in which neither game was competitive after the the first quarter, the curb stomping of SBC Champion Ark St in the second half of the New Orleans Bowl after a very competitive first half, and two wins over USA in another home and home series. It's not surprising that you guys love to hate on us. It's obvious to anyone paying attention how much those five wins bugged you guys. You still aren't over it.

We currently own the longest bowl winning streak in the nation at 6 with wins over P5 member Illinois, SBC Champion Ark State, top 25 ranked Navy, the AAC's SMU, the MWC's Hawaii on their home field in the Hawaii Bowl, and the P5 Miami Hurricanes.

I think we hold our own pretty well in a comparison to any of you.

RE: Jaguars Ink Home & Home with Louisiana Tech - BRtransplant - 06-05-2020 05:19 AM

(06-04-2020 07:42 AM)Saint3333 Wrote:  Jags probably just buy out the return game.

If the first game goes as Tech vs SBC games usually do, USA may indeed want to buy their way out of the return game. I doubt it though. Everything I've experienced with USA so far has been first class. I suppose we'll see.

RE: Jaguars Ink Home & Home with Louisiana Tech - FrankyP - 06-05-2020 05:28 AM

(06-03-2020 11:22 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  
(06-03-2020 10:59 PM)runninjoe Wrote:  Wait isn't this a 2-1? La Tech is playing on a different level guys? They BEAT Grambling and beat RICE in OT last year on Disney+. Big name competition, great job USA AD!!!!!!

Grambling nearly waltzed out of there with a win. Nobody mentioned how Grambling pretty much whooped Tech in every stat. And no, it wasn't because Tech had their second and third string players in.

Grambling made it a 6-point game with about 3:30 left. They then recovered the onside kick, but unfortunately for them, they couldn't convert on 4th and 5 on La Tech's 47 yard line.

That's embarassing considering ULM drubbed Grambling 31-9.

What's even more embarassing is that ULM had 28,300 in attendance for their game, and both schools are 40 minutes apart... and La Tech had 23,174 in attendance... and Grambling is literally a 7-minute drive from La Tech.

What does that say?
And for an excuse for the grambling game they pointed out that is was 102 that day. Guess it was only 102 on the ‘turd side.

RE: Jaguars Ink Home & Home with Louisiana Tech - Michael in Raleigh - 06-05-2020 07:49 AM

(06-05-2020 05:16 AM)BRtransplant Wrote:  La Tech is 5-0 in our last five meetings with SBC teams. That includes two total shellackings of ULL in a home and home series in which neither game was competitive after the the first quarter, the curb stomping of SBC Champion Ark St in the second half of the New Orleans Bowl after a very competitive first half, and two wins over USA in another home and home series. It's not surprising that you guys love to hate on us. It's obvious to anyone paying attention how much those five wins bugged you guys. You still aren't over it.

We currently own the longest bowl winning streak in the nation at 6 with wins over P5 member Illinois, SBC Champion Ark State, top 25 ranked Navy, the AAC's SMU, the MWC's Hawaii on their home field in the Hawaii Bowl, and the P5 Miami Hurricanes.

One ten-win season in 31 years of FBS ball. Zero with 11+.

App State: Four ten win seasons, three of which are 11 win seasons, one of which is a 13 win season. All in only six years of FBS ball.

I'll take the school playing in the Sun Belt.

RE: Jaguars Ink Home & Home with Louisiana Tech - Georgia_Power_Company - 06-05-2020 07:59 AM

(06-05-2020 07:49 AM)Michael in Raleigh Wrote:  
(06-05-2020 05:16 AM)BRtransplant Wrote:  La Tech is 5-0 in our last five meetings with SBC teams. That includes two total shellackings of ULL in a home and home series in which neither game was competitive after the the first quarter, the curb stomping of SBC Champion Ark St in the second half of the New Orleans Bowl after a very competitive first half, and two wins over USA in another home and home series. It's not surprising that you guys love to hate on us. It's obvious to anyone paying attention how much those five wins bugged you guys. You still aren't over it.

One ten-win season in 31 years of FBS ball. Zero with 11+.

App State: Four ten win seasons, three of which are 11 win seasons, one of which is a 13 win season. All in only six years of FBS ball.

I'll take the school playing in the Sun Belt.

Many LATech posters have quite the Napoleon complex is would seem.

RE: Jaguars Ink Home & Home with Louisiana Tech - SkullyMaroo - 06-05-2020 08:02 AM

To be fair, two of those wins were against a bad USA team. I’m not saying you do this, but I’ve seen some bragging about these wins and we weren’t good so it’s kinda comical. In 2017 La Tech beat a 4-win USA team that wasn’t good and lead to Joey Jones’ resignation. In 2018 you faced a 3-9 USA team in Steve Campbell’s first game as coach (which we almost won). I hope the USA teams you guys face in 2022 and 2027 are a little better. Good luck this year!

RE: Jaguars Ink Home & Home with Louisiana Tech - OsageJ - 06-05-2020 09:13 AM

(06-05-2020 08:02 AM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  

To be fair, two of those wins were against a bad USA team. I’m not saying you do this, but I’ve seen some bragging about these wins and we weren’t good so it’s kinda comical. In 2017 La Tech beat a 4-win USA team that wasn’t good and lead to Joey Jones’ resignation. In 2018 you faced a 3-9 USA team in Steve Campbell’s first game as coach (which we almost won). I hope the USA teams you guys face in 2022 and 2027 are a little better. Good luck this year!

What in the world was that last sentence. Didn't you mean...Let 'em rot?